19.FS//pezman

I have to vent

Please don't be sore losers when you fly.

I was flying a La-5 on Berloga last night against this guy in a Bf-109F4.  He flew that thing like a Yak, getting slow and burning Energy just to get a gun solution.  Of course a Bf-109F4 is better on the deck than an La-5, so try as I might, he would shoot me down.

So I grabbed a Yak-1b, since he likes to play low and slow, and within seconds of starting the engagement he was hopelessly defensive.  He knew he was beat so he just quit.  Finished his flight and left the server as I was lining up my gun sight for a kill.

I let him get his kills against me, but as soon as he was beat, he quits.  Doesn't even face his demise.  Doesn't even stay on the server.  

Please, if you get bested by another pilot, don't cheapen it by disconnecting because you're mad you got beat.  We can easily figure out who the offending pilot was and it just ruins the reputation of said pilot plus starts animosity up between VVS and LW drivers.

I would call this guy out but:

1. According to his profile here, he hasn't even looked at the forums since he joined in December of last year
  2. It's against the rules to call out people for anything

So, in impotent rage, I vent here. 

• Upvote 4

I always believed a forum existed for venting , but you should not be surprised by the fact that you met a immature  gamer on the inter web, that is what the inter web is for. There are many whom take this sim seriously, you find them also in your mentioned dogfight server , but this kind of server also work as honey for bies to those less serious. 

BERLOGA IS LIFE, EVERY STAT MATTERS!

I will never make it into IL2 MLG if I rack up any deaths at all!

Edited by Roo5ter

I've witnessed people disconnecting and reconnecting repeatedly on the server.. planes constantly disappearing as they finish flight and evade for 15 seconds. (could be wrong..timer might be from a different server) It's kind of frustrating after you've invested altitude and energy into a target for it to just vanish in thin air, when instead you could have kept your altitude and kept scanning for other targets. Not to mention as soon as you dive on someone you usually pick up 1-2 tails, then they get 1-2 tails themselves. 

There are airfields near the dogfight area.. I think we should have to land or be blown up to finish flight.. but eh.. 

Edited by headwarp
  • Upvote 1

This is one of the reasons CoOps were always the best - you just don't see this behavior much.

I had a group of reliable regulars and if I witnessed this sort of behavior from a new person (very rare) then I would kick them if I ever saw them again.

Free for all 'air quake' is a poor substitute for CoOps and one of the reasons I don't bother with flying online right now.

I'll be happy to see it come back, even happier if Hyperlobby makes it into the equation.

Edited by Gambit21

Stats are meaningless. You whooped his behind so hard, that he ragequit. That is a far greater victory.

"What is best in life?"

"To pwn luftwhiners, see them ragequit before you and hear their lamentation in the forums."

• Upvote 5

It happened to me a couple of times also. What I did the next 2 weeks was checking he/she was on the server, go find him/her and kill him/her all the time......then he/she took a tank......so I took a 500kg bomb....you know the end....;)

It is really frustrating when someone does that but i do give the benefit of the doubt, specially on berloga where i more than once have been disconnected when being chased by someone, i do try to reconnect when this happens but its not possible when i lose internet connection entirely.

Either way count it as a win! :salute:

I was flying a La-5 on Berloga last night against this guy in a Bf-109F4.  He flew that thing like a Yak, getting slow and burning Energy just to get a gun solution.  Of course a Bf-109F4 is better on the deck than an La-5, so try as I might, he would shoot me down.

So I grabbed a Yak-1b, since he likes to play low and slow, and within seconds of starting the engagement he was hopelessly defensive.  He knew he was beat so he just quit.  Finished his flight and left the server as I was lining up my gun sight for a kill.

I let him get his kills against me, but as soon as he was beat, he quits.  Doesn't even face his demise.  Doesn't even stay on the server.  

Please, if you get bested by another pilot, don't cheapen it by disconnecting because you're mad you got beat.  We can easily figure out who the offending pilot was and it just ruins the reputation of said pilot plus starts animosity up between VVS and LW drivers.

1. According to his profile here, he hasn't even looked at the forums since he joined in December of last year

Salutations,

I empathize with your rant. Unfortunately, one of the downsides with encountering other 'live players' online is the fact one has to encounter live players online and some of them are immature, ignoble, inconsiderate and basically.. self centered jerks.

ive had it a few times to...and it sucks...but considered this: the ingame community is very respectful overall...You very rarely see verbal fights and swearing...

Its much more then you can say for example about COH 2 or BF1. 

I agree OP. Many a yak pilot (though never a lag or LA-5) has vanished before me when I'm about to land th killing stroke.

Very disappointing.

It is really frustrating when someone does that but i do give the benefit of the doubt, specially on berloga where i more than once have been disconnected when being chased by someone, i do try to reconnect when this happens but its not possible when i lose internet connection entirely.

Either way count it as a win! :salute:

Oh I know SAG, which is why I waited.  He didn't disconnect, no he finished the flight (and flight finish time on Berloga is instant), then waited a bit (no respawn) then left the server.  Wouldn't have cared if it wasn't just him and I in the server.  I just can't help but feel that I showed him a level of respect by not quitting when things didn't go my way.  However as soon as the shoe is on the other foot he can't bare to be shot down.  Hell, there isn't even a guarantee that I would hit him, I have possibly the worst marksmanship in this community.  Safest place to be when fighting me is in my gunsight.

I agree OP. Many a yak pilot (though never a lag or LA-5) has vanished before me when I'm about to land th killing stroke.

Very disappointing.

Haha, it's probably because the Lagg's and La-5's can't see you coming in behind them to finish them off. 

Also, I have tried hard not to make this a LW vs VVS thing.  A lot of the people in this community fly all the aircraft often in multiplayer.  This is more of what has been accurately described by others as "immature" players.  You often don't see them in this forum after their first rage post and ban if even at all (like my culprit).

Maybe the said pilot had genuinely had to go. He may have said to himself "just one last life" ....... just maybe

Maybe his mum said dinner was ready. Or his wife threatened to leave and take the kids with her if he didn't take that garbage out now.

Been openly cussed out in chat and called every name in the book by certain Yak and La-5 drivers for using energy tactic in FW-190. Happens in this sim and back in old IL/2 days.

Those guys never last, though.

Cujo1970... well, how dare you use your crafts natural performance capabilities to your advantage. That is the closest thing to cheating there is.  :biggrin:

Guest deleted@30725

Making people quit just because you shot them down is more fun than constantly shooting them down, one less enemy just like in real life. No magical re-spawn silliness.

By the way PeZ where have you been? ive been flying this week and no sign of you

Congrats to Bender on the server flying an IL2!

I was on the server this past Sunday and noticed he had 33 kills and only 2 deaths!

What an amazing achievement in an IL2 on that server!

Congrats on the suberb flying!

By the way PeZ where have you been? ive been flying this week and no sign of you

You're back?! I've been working for the past few weeks but I'll be flying all weekend if peeps are online, PM me and p3z, let's kill some shit SAG!

I was in a similar situation to your quitter today in Halo 5. I figured that there wasn't much point getting my ass handed to me, and it wasn't helping me relax (which was the whole point of playing it) so I decided to leave.

Here's the thing, though - when I was about to leave, someone started shooting at me, so I decided to stay until he finished me - because quitting while someone is shooting at you is bad sportsmanship.

Some people get way too petty about these things. He's a manchild, just ignore him.

Edited by Cybermat47

I was in a similar situation to your quitter today in Halo 5. I figured that there wasn't much point getting my ass handed to me, and it wasn't helping me relax (which was the whole point of playing it) so I decided to leave.

Here's the thing, though - when I was about to leave, someone started shooting at me, so I decided to stay until he finished me - because quitting while someone is shooting at you is bad sportsmanship.

I do this a lot. When I have to leave an MP session, I always finish the fight I'm in and if I find I'm losing I might deliberately give my opponent a clear shot to end it faster.

I often wonder, if some of the guys who shoot me down think that I'm actually ragequitting because I lost - not that it would really bother me if they did.

I get shot down, mess up a landing or just over rev or boil my engine considerably more than I manage to hit anything. Never quit a fight I was loosing. But to to P3zman and others suffering from these rage quitters. Are you sure that's what it was? While en route to target area the other day. Twice I had to tear of the goggles, parachute, breathing apparatus and cow hide gloves only to run upstairs back to reality because my kid woke up. Leaving my plane to it's fate on autolevel. Might even get kicked for inactivity doing that. But never thought this deserter behavior could stir up feelings.

• Upvote 1

Cujo1970... well, how dare you use your crafts natural performance capabilities to your advantage. That is the closest thing to cheating there is. :biggrin:

Happens all the time, even with well known squads. I've been cussed out for using BnZ when outnumbered 1v3.

I guess I should have just gone down there and tried to turn fight 3 Soviets who are on teamspeak together.

Edited by JG13_opcode

You're back?! I've been working for the past few weeks but I'll be flying all weekend if peeps are online, PM me and p3z, let's kill some shit SAG!

I can mostly fly during the week but i might have some time on sunday afternoon!

All ive seen of the 19th is darbzy and moach aaah and grimace for a little while

I can mostly fly during the week but i might have some time on sunday afternoon!

All ive seen of the 19th is darbzy and moach aaah and grimace for a little while

Congrats to Bender on the server flying an IL2!I was on the server this past Sunday and noticed he had 33 kills and only 2 deaths!What an amazing achievement in an IL2 on that server!Congrats on the suberb flying!

Good lord that's phenomenal! Wonder how he does it?

Maybe the said pilot had genuinely had to go. He may have said to himself "just one last life" ....... just maybe

It isn't the popular explanation these days, but I think that it is much....much more accurate than the "he left because I ruined his streak" thing.  

....It's a busy world, and if you have to go, then you have to go.  Video Game vs. Real Life.

...of course, it's just as likely to be a poor sport.  Who knows?

Happens all the time, even with well known squads. I've been cussed out for using BnZ when outnumbered 1v3.

I guess I should have just gone down there and tried to turn fight 3 Soviets who are on teamspeak together.

"I guess I should have just gone down there and tried to turn fight 3 Soviets who are on teamspeak together." Of course... that was the honorable thing to do. You not doing so shows just how inconsiderate your are. :biggrin:

Edited by Thad

Ah, yes, very unsportman like. Not the way to fly at all when your opponent didn`t quit.  No way do i just quit without warning, especially if in a clear dogfight. in fact I`ve stayed hours longer even when doing crap just not to look like a bad sportsman. I was taught this  from an early age. You stay until the game is over, win or lose.

p.s. If I do quit suddenly, you`ll know something went wrong... like my home caught fire or I was attacked by aliens.

Edited by seafireliv

seen it many times, combat loggers!

good pilot will try to evade and escape (there is joy in that too), even if hit i try to escape or emergency land without being killed, enemy got count but i'm still alive!

If you know your plane well, you can escape damaged.

there is adrenaline in returning to base damaged (fuel leaks or engine is damaged) so you don't know how long your engine will last and will you make it to the base, or landing unstable plane with holes in wing or without some flight controls.

Also ww2 pilots were honorable, on both sides. Combat logging is disgrace!