RaFiGer

RaFiGer's little IL2 Sturmovik pages back from the death - Update 6th May 2018 -:)

@=FEW=Psyrion

Danke schön, ich mache gerade ein schöpferischen Pause (arbeits- & familienbedingt), es gibt aber bald ein Update :)

• Upvote 2

@Community

Eric Mombeek has released a new booklet covering the JG 54 from 1939 to 1945 with photographs and colour schemes of famous and infamous warbirds of that Jagdgeschwader :)

With Battle of the Bulge & Operation Bodenplatte coming I will redo a lot of my old Fw-190 skins for the new simulator. As some of you know there are the Stormbirds of JG 4 and some nice late war skins for IL2 covering scenarios of the Airwar over Europe during 1944 to the end may 1945.

My copy arrived on the weekend (and I'm very happy with it):

Mombeek-LuGa-JG54-2017.jpg

So, stay tuned and hopefully you will like them ;)

• Upvote 4

@JG4_dingsda

Yes, one of my favorites ;)

I have all the books from Mombeek related to JG 4 and the stormbirds and some more information given by his network, so I hope I can redo them in very good shape :)

• Upvote 2

@JG7_X_Man

The book consist of around 200 B&W Photos together with many photographed planes presented as color profile by Thierry Dekker.

Background information is collected well research as all book by Erik Mombeek together with Neil Page :)

Here's a link to the presentation on his homepage:

http://www.luftwaffe.be/author/mombeek/

• Upvote 1

@RafiGer

Thanks for sharing dude! Always been a fan of your skins, my favorite has always been your Jv 44 collection and the controversial "Black 1"! I hope you redo them for BoB.  

• Upvote 1

@JG7_X_Man

​Thank you :) 

Yes I'm planning to all skins for BoB that I've done for the IL2-Series. In the time past I've got plenty of new information's an new books, which will allow me to make the paint schemes even better (I hope ;))

Edited by RaFiGer
  • Upvote 1

@JG7_X_Man

​Thank you :) 

Yes I'm planning to all skins for BoB that I've done for the IL2-Series. In the time past I've got plenty of new information's an new books, which will allow me to make the paint schemes even better (I hope ;))

Looking forward to it mate!

• Upvote 1

@Community

I'm back with some news regarding the upcoming work I will present in the know way on my little pages :)

Reviewing the new books and booklets I have got in the last months I'm busy to renew some skins & paint schemes refering to new photograph's published within the documents.

I start with the JG 54 based on the Information's by Erik Mombeek  covering Russia and Finland, which involved the Fw-190 and the Ju-87 series. I've got photograph's from the Finland scenario which will be published by Hans Peter Eisenbach in a booklet covering SG 3 and their missions in the northern part of Europe.

So, stay tuned and have a look on my page for news and new, old paintschemes :)

• Upvote 2

@Community

My next project to be published are paint schemes related to Jagdgeschwader 1 "Oesau" which operated along the channel coast and from Holland, Germany and Danmark.

Because in relation to the "Reichsdefence" paint schemes, that was one of the Luftwaffen Units I have never released for IL-2. 

I've prepared a lot of schemes but never published them :)

So, now it is time and with the good information's by new and older books (e.g. Eric Mombeek History and corrections done in Luftwaffen Gallery #4) I will now

start my pages related to this unit, first with the Focke Wulf warplanes and with availability of the Bf-190 G6 Modell also with paint schemes related the Messerschmitts ;)

In the near future I will publish some nice schemes for the Fw-190 A3, mainly late war schemes of warbirds used till the end of the war (some of them are building up my page related to the Herdla Bunch of JG 5 in Norway).

So, here are some teasers, hoping to publish latest by Monday :)

post-13538-0-39676100-1517738662_thumb.jpgpost-13538-0-55807900-1517738679_thumb.jpgpost-13538-0-92586600-1517738687_thumb.jpgpost-13538-0-23618700-1517738698_thumb.jpg

Edited by RaFiGer
  • Upvote 8

Hello Rafiger

Very nice project. The only way is to work with good historical references.

Now , from my personal sensitivity and point of view, I would attenuate this shining white on the cowls, while it ditracts from the rest.

I would keep my mouth shut just in case you decided to represent these aircrafts just out of the local paintshop ! and ready for a propaganda photo session . That's

your sensitivity after all !.

From what I can see it will be top notch work ! I had already all your skins for Il-2.

Congrats.

Madcop

• Upvote 1

@Madcop

Thanks for your input, but the idea of having these kinds of cowlings was indeed a shining sign of recognising own planes during combat and by the ground crews and flak units.

Later it turns against the Luftwaffe because Thunderbolts of the USAAF also sported a similar checkerboard marking which leads to unhampered attacks on German Airfields.

So, the checkerboard was disbanded, the stripes stays a while but was also later abandoned.

Of course, dirt and oil smear were dirtying the planes but my style is a bit cleaner and represent the more maintained planes

But if I look through all the photographs of JG 1 planes, you find them really shinning :)

@Community

Even not yet 100% final I publish the first four paint schemes of a group of 10 related schemes to the Fw-190 A5 and A6 warplanes used by JG 1.

post-13538-0-30252200-1517751308_thumb.jpg

You could download them under the following link:

http://rafiger.de/Homepage/IL2-BOS-Museum/Info-JG1/Info-JG1-Focke-Wulf.htm

There are some information's regarding sources and a little sketch up of the history of Jagdgeschwader 1 under:

http://rafiger.de/Homepage/IL2-BOS-Museum/Info-JG1/Info-JG1.htm

After a short trip to Moskow I will publish the missing skins and give the necessary information's. The pages will stay the same and will be extented with the additional work :)

Edited by RaFiGer
  • Upvote 3

@Rafiger

I remember the old times now. Have not seen your new page till now.

Great skins and great story!

See you on RS2 from time to time!

• Upvote 1

@Madcop

Thanks for your input, but the idea of having these kinds of cowlings was indeed a shining sign of recognising own planes during combat and by the ground crews and flak units.

Later it turns against the Luftwaffe because Thunderbolts of the USAAF also sported a similar checkerboard marking which leads to unhampered attacks on German Airfields.

So, the checkerboard was disbanded, the stripes stays a while but was also later abandoned.

Of course, dirt and oil smear were dirtying the planes but my style is a bit cleaner and represent the more maintained planes

But if I look through all the photographs of JG 1 planes, you find them really shinning :)

Yes Rafiger , indeed they are really shinning. The wings are looking like mirrors. At that time of the war Schwarzänner sure had stil time to wax theaircraft of "their" pilots,to gain more or not to loose speed, but this look to me like they all had been shoe-polisher on Manhattan before the war !

I think a little satin varnish would add to realism.

Well,I really like your work, but still a little bit too much "pristine" for my personnal taste. This doesn't detract in anyway your work, of course.

Congrats.

Madcop.

Edited by Madcop
  • Upvote 2

@Community

Even not yet 100% final I publish the first four paint schemes of a group of 10 related schemes to the Fw-190 A5 and A6 warplanes used by JG 1.

attachicon.gifJG1-FW-190-Banner.jpg

You could download them under the following link:

There are some information's regarding sources and a little sketch up of the history of Jagdgeschwader 1 under:

After a short trip to Moskow I will publish the missing skins and give the necessary information's. The pages will stay the same and will be extented with the additional work :)

Ich wollte mir gerade deine 4K Bumpmap mal anschauen aber der .zip File den ich runtergeladen habe lässt sich nicht öffnen.

Grüße

LesG

Edited by LesG
  • Upvote 1

@LesG

Danke schön für den Hinweis!!!

Die Datei ist nun vorhanden (hatte ich vergessen hochzuladen :()

@to all:

The missing BUMP Map is now available under the link on the JG 1 page (thanks to LesG for advice)!

@Madcop

Yes, you got a point :)

It would be nice to have different Alpha channels available, but I will see what I could achieve by changing the Alpha channel a bit :)

I will post results and we can discuss the outcome!

@Rafiger

I remember the old times now. Have not seen your new page till now.

Great skins and great story!

See you on RS2 from time to time!

@Corto

thank you, yes the good'ole times ;)

But hey, with the Battle of... Series "Operation Bodenplatte" to come & the continuation of Cliffs of Dover there are way too much possibilities to lose, so I will continue ;)

And... OF COURSE see you in Vietnaaaaamm... Get the Rice or protect the Rice Fields :D

Edited by RaFiGer

@LesG

Danke schön für den Hinweis!!!

Die Datei ist nun vorhanden (hatte ich vergessen hochzuladen :()

-----schnipp-----

@Madcop

Yes, you got a point :)

It would be nice to have different Alpha channels available, but I will see what I could achieve by changing the Alpha channel a bit :)

I will post results and we can discuss the outcome!

----schnipp---

Hat funktioniert, Danke 

You can work with different Alphachannels in Photoshop but Photoshop always export the first Layer when you save a .dds file. This is a Movie how i work in Photoshop.

Maybe it shows you a different way to edit the alphachannel

(sry for my bad english)

Why i work with the eraser tool?

Because i am editing in the same Alphachannel with different densitys at the wings, fuselage and other parts of the plane.

The movie shows only the basics how i work with different alphachannels.

Important:

70% Eraser densitiy is 30% Alphachannel density when you export the .dds file and the glossy effect is 30% 

Der Movie in deutsch.

Sind ein wenig mehr Infos drin weil es mir einfach leichter fällt in deutsch zu kommentieren und ich nicht ständig nach den richtigen Wörtern in meinem Hirnkasten suchen muss  :) 

Edited by LesG
  • Upvote 1

@LesG

Thanks for your video, it is really a good way to do some "tuning" with different alpha channels :) 

I work with grey shades on different surfaces of the skin, so lets see what I could achieve in desaturate the shinning ;)

@DD_Arthur

Thank you very much, and nice landing :)

There are some more to come, the Fw-190 of Bernhard Kunze (White 1, 4 and 12), "Grog" of Uffz. Hüble and some others which will share the Chequerboard Colors!

Thank for flying the paintschemes hope you enjoy the next ones too :)

Edited by RaFiGer
  • Upvote 1

@Community

After my trip to Moskow I have reworked the paint schemes of the Focke Wulf 190 of JG 1, take out some mistakes regarding the font of the Werksnummern and minor flaws on the wings and victory marks. My pages (3 now presenting JG 1 schemes) have now correct banner graphics and I have uploaded the reworked and three new skins :)

post-13538-0-12900700-1518375472_thumb.jpg

This banner showed the main page with information's on all literature I have used to create this schemes (didn't know that I had that much related to JG 1 ;)

The paint schemes are located on the two following pages, which you could browse through my overall main page or the above given links:

post-13538-0-25974000-1518375694_thumb.jpg

The following page is related to Feldwebel Bernhard Kunze and will present schemes of his planes during 1943 up to his death on January 5th, 1944:

post-13538-0-74296900-1518375684_thumb.jpg

http://rafiger.de/Homepage/IL2-BOS-Museum/Info-JG1/Info-JG1-Bernhard-Kunze.htm

Hope you like them and I'm working on some more skins related to JG 1 representing Focke Wulf A3 and A5/A6 not only with chequered cowlings :)

Update February 13th, 2018:

I have corrected the missing links to the site for historical information's related to Bernhard Kunze, now the link will lead to the correct site :)

Edited by RaFiGer
  • Upvote 4

@A-E-Hartman

Thank you very much :)

I lost this Jagdgeschwader in the past and I will now do some more (A3 & A5/6 models) which will be released for download by the end of the week! I still hope to do some Bf-109, too.

I have plenty of book pages left counting the ones I have noted on my page ;)

After that I will return to do some JG 51 and JG 54 paint schemes and... and ... and Only time matters ;)

• Upvote 2

@Community

Time for a little update with first five new paint schemes which will be followed throughout the week by some more covering war planes of JG 1 from 1942 up to 1944 (later 1945 ;)).

I will be also add some Bf-109n' ers that fight their mission together with the Butchers along side of the coastal frontline and the bomber runs into Germany.

I hope you enjoy my interpretations based on my library and the new things I discovered studying these books and magazines ;)

Beside my old pages I have added two more covering war planes of JG 1 during 1942 and a special pages for the second group of JG 1. Here are the teasers and the single links to the pages. Remember my website is there since 2002 and I struggle hard not to lose my old content and freshing up the new pages :)

So you get to the JG 1 related pages using the main link:

post-13538-0-16428700-1519571875_thumb.jpg

On this page you could navigate through the different links of the content related to JG 1:

post-13538-0-14110400-1519571969_thumb.jpg

http://rafiger.de/Homepage/IL2-BOS-Museum/Info-JG1/Info-JG1-Early-Birds.htm

post-13538-0-98972000-1519571979_thumb.jpg

post-13538-0-33365200-1519571989_thumb.jpg

http://rafiger.de/Homepage/IL2-BOS-Museum/Info-JG1/Info-JG1-Focke-Wulf-II.htm

post-13538-0-45619800-1519572243_thumb.jpgpost-13538-0-62601500-1519572255_thumb.jpgpost-13538-0-82961000-1519572263_thumb.jpgpost-13538-0-00445700-1519572274_thumb.jpg

post-13538-0-87162900-1519572233_thumb.jpg

Edited by RaFiGer
  • Upvote 2

Thanks Raf, beautiful skins  ;) ...the links for the bump maps (2k and 4k) don't work...

• Upvote 1

@Swing

Thank you very much! It is working now :)

I forget to change the names :(

With pleasure RaF... ;) I was already flying with your skins at the time of IL2 1946... :biggrin: ...thank you for all your good work... :salute:

• Thanks 1

@Community

I`m working now on my first Bf-109 paint schemes, which are related to JG 1. I will start with about 4 planes stationed in Katwijk April 1942. Just to give an example of my projects here one of these four skins, the Bf-109-F4 of Oberleutnant Max Buchholz the Staffelführer of 5./JG 1.

I used the Template from BlackHellHound1 with additions to suit my painting style.

Thank you very much :salute: for this phantastic work!

JG1-Bf-109F4-Buchholz.jpg.77c725e0ffab17f65abe253e9e7963ca.jpg

Some more pictures underneath the Spoiler, because of the use of historical markings (It is work in Progress, because the plane was toned down with more blotches covering the RLM 76 painting on both sides the fuselage):

Spoiler

Bf-109-F4-T01.thumb.jpg.84ccc72efab6ef53780eb52f11fce7e9.jpgBf-109-F4-T02.thumb.jpg.dd716e5ecd493b599f7c891e939e8df1.jpgBf-109-F4-T03.thumb.jpg.8d9ecdfe724a23f5482b36cbd135733c.jpgBf-109-F4-T04.thumb.jpg.8cc1cd8c3f3a3190f2c895cb6a68f481.jpg

Edited by RaFiGer
  • Upvote 3

@Community

Just a short Update, because that will influence some old paint schemes in regards of histrical accuracy.

Of course 100 % will never be realistic but for me it is important to add Details that are proven by photographs add to the immersive feeling flying These old war bird`s ;)

So, beside my already owned books yesterday I receive Volume 2 of the series edited and published by J. Richard Smith & Eddie J. Creek. covering the developement and operational history of the Focke Wulf 190 series.

Now I own Volume 2 and 3 covering the time between 1943 till 1945 and will Volume 1 is on the way :)

I can recommend These books very much because of their photographs, descrptions and colored profiles that are truly based on the photografic evidence!

Fw-190-1938-1943-Volume01.jpg.58d50505ea57e82a04425de821753ccf.jpgFw-190-1944-1945-Volume02.jpg.a1c14c991c9ad3e8a55b0d1c01810d0b.jpgFw-190-1944-1945-Volume03.jpg.01589f464f8069be86ce6fcde6234699.jpg

Therefore I'm updating my paintschemes and will indicate on my pages which one is actually changed :)

• Upvote 2

@Community

I'm quite busy in renewing my paint schemes based on the new input by BlackHellHound1 in regards not only by his beautiful Templates for the Bf-109 F-series also by his work related to the normal maps.
So I have redone my Bump Maps starting with the Fw-190 A3 and followed during the week by the Fw-190 A5.

My work otherwise is piling up I have to many unfinished skins but beside the update in progress I will release some Bf-190 and Fw-190 paint schemes related to Western & Eastern Front soon :)

Today I show just part of my work which is related to warplanes flown by same persons over the time, here I cover Hans von Hahn, Max Buchholz, Robert Olejnik, Detlev Rohwer, Rüdiger von Kirchmayr, "Dackel" Waldmann. That means I will focus now on Jagdgeschwader 1, 3, 51, 52 & 54 I during the next days till Eastern ;) 

I also will reopen my "Bunch of Herdla" Flyers now with the Bf-109 G6 is available!

Here's now some stuff for viewing:

JG3-Bf-109F2-von-Hahn.jpg.0bf233f04b4b8f170157de3c390ed5c4.jpgJG3-Bf-109F2-Rohwer.jpg.fa3b1f5281ab311ef20902ccd6e5f025.jpgJG1-Bf-109F4-von-Hahn.jpg.82cb33fa801160d513b8bdfb2c030139.jpgJG1-Bf-109F4-Buchholz.jpg.6e0b53e0039a479d762ebe28114de3ef.jpg

JG1-Fw190A3-Rohwer-Bilder.jpg

Spoiler

Bf-109-F4-T05.thumb.jpg.19135971c258c94a0753368dc750b671.jpgBf-109-F4-T06.thumb.jpg.bd3141d31fd067e1a882b1558b8c234a.jpgFw-190-A3-T01.thumb.jpg.455f15f3a59aa96adad555887c1d99de.jpgFw-190-A3-T02.thumb.jpg.ff84c443f75f5864d0a549532b5ed9a4.jpg

Edited by RaFiGer
  • Upvote 1

@Community

So, now my Normal Maps for Fw-190 A3 and A5/6 are ready and I'm on the way in updating all my skins. It's is a lot of work but I hope to be ready this weekend together with some new stuff in regards of Bf-190 F paint schemes. The G-Models are coming also in a short while, I'm preparing the G2, G4 a& G6 Templates together with specific Normal Maps :)

There are also two Fw-190 A5 from JG 300 out of the book Fw-190 Volume Two 1943-1944 by J. Richard Smith and Eddie J. Creek, which also allows me to update some older Skins and the one from Georg Schott with its new "Murr" Symbol :)

It is sad, that there are no Stormbirds with that additional armour on the fuselage & Hood, but I will make some of these related to the "Sturmstaffel 1" which consists mainly of Fw-190 A6 and do it via Normal Map and painted plates!

Spoiler

JG4-02.jpg.6af26b404ae63cea7412608777c8211c.jpgFw-190-A6-ST1-White2.jpg.52037459aba1255dd0241cbecf4305b1.jpg

Edited by RaFiGer
  • Thanks 2