Moar H16 loadouts

F/JG300_Gruber

F/JG300_Gruber

Having played a bit with the H16, I like the plane very much. Great cockpit, great variety of bombload.

I'm still skeptical about the effectiveness of the defensive armament, especially the B-stand due to the limited field of fire. But time and more fights will tell.

Yet, each time I see the 3 classic unlocks, all already available on the H6 I feel like something is left unfinished. 

I understand that the BoK schedule is really tight but each plane released until now have at least 4 modifications, so I would gladly like to see one or two more mods one this plane before the final release of BoK

Two mods I'm thinking of at the moment are :

• MAB 250 containers, as after the stalingrad airlift, the He111 was more and more relegated to supply flights (including the H16 variant) in the numerous pocket scenarios on the eastern front, and up to 1945 with KG4, KG53 and KG55 supplying the defenses against the red army in estern europe. I don't know exactly what types of containers were used (most likely several types since they dropped fuel, ammo and other kind of supply), but if that particular one was in the list, it would be a good idea to make it available on the plane.
  • Fixed forward firing guns, like the field mod from KG55 trainbusting units (H16 is very likely since they operated quite a few of them at that time). I've read about 20mm here and there on the internet but the one I have in a book is said to be a twin 13mm machinegun pod. (And looking at the picture it may well be that). Since the 87, 109, 110 and 190 already have some gunpods of theirs, why not the Heinkel ?

I would like to see torpedoes as well but I know that the development of those isn't for BoK.

What about you guys ? Any additional modification you would like to see for the H16 ?

• Upvote 2

=TBAS=Sshadow14

Same mod for all bombers needed.

Ability to dump all guns and ammo when heavily damaged and need to loose weight.
Ability to not take any gunners or guns (He-111 completely unarmed) Except bombs (this way you are 40-50kph faster but just need proper fight cover.

Ability to not take any gunners or guns (He-111 completely unarmed) Except bombs (this way you are 40-50kph faster but just need proper fight cover.

Umm...no.  

It sounds like there should be parachute mines.

"The whole of KGr.100 was engaged in the mining of the Strait of Kerch and the harbor entrances to Sevastopol"

"Bätcher's squadron was daily engaged in polluting the river with special BM 1000 parachute mines"

Hansgeorg Bätcher: WWII Bomber Ace of Aces http://www.military.com/Content/MoreContent?file=PRbatcher2

F/JG300_Gruber

True, and those kind of aerial mines were also used to block british harbors, during the BoB timeframe. 

Definitely something that could be interesting for BoK, since we won't get torpedoes.

Edited by F/JG300_Gruber
  • Upvote 1

I do think air dropped mines would be a good addition and probably not too difficult or complicated.

It would provide another reason for missions over water on the new map and the possibilities of new multiplayer objectives.

Apparently there are Russian ones too although I don't know any details of their use ...and an Il2 1946 mod for them.   https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=46135.60

Edited by Pail