Meanwhile in Florida...

• 1CGS

Ya the pilot wearing sandals was a little unnerving, but we landed safely. I have never been in an aircraft like that and it was sort of terrifying! Felt like a lawn chair with wings. Really a great experience though and thanks to Petrovich for setting it all up. We also had some good discussions about our FMs and I've seen some of the improvements he's made to the rudder inputs and feels much better than before. I think you guys will like it.

Because of my fattness the stall speed of the Dragonfly was raised a bit. We were cruising at 55mph and he pulls the throttle back to cruise and we instantly start nosing over and he's like oops we need to stay at 55-60 and I have to keep the nose up with you in the front to fly level. I that't not motivation to slim down I don't know what is!

Jason

Nice Jason! How were the graphics?   :biggrin:

The draw distance needs some work. Framerate was smooth though.  :biggrin:

Jason

• Upvote 6

Because of my fattness the stall speed of the Dragonfly was raised a bit

I got this problem too, but a colleague of mine told me it is not fatness but strong heavy skeleton , and I kind of went with that.

Anyway I am just in the borderline of being able to fly with a instructor in a microplane with my 110 kg 

Because of my fattness the stall speed of the Dragonfly was raised a bit. We were cruising at 55mph and he pulls the throttle back to cruise and we instantly start nosing over and he's like oops we need to stay at 55-60 and I have to keep the nose up with you in the front to fly level. I that't not motivation to slim down I don't know what is!

The whole Weight issue is really a pain. I fight with it constantly. Prevents from flying certain types which really annoys me sometimes. 

I finally got off my ass and started working out again. I kind of gave up on eating healthy. I can't make those crazy healthy meals. I found what works for me is to find out what types of healthy stuff I need in what amount each day and then I treat it like taking medicine. It doesn't taste great but I just get it down and get it over with and go on with my day. I still eat the good food I like but in smaller portions. That is a big deal for us big guys is not what we eat just we eat too much of it. Also drinking tons of water helps. Not only is it filling but helps you lose weight. When you don't stay properly hydrated your body holds onto water making you even fatter.

I've only been on it for a week but I already feel great and more energetic.

something i love from the states is you can wear flip flops with socks without people staring

personally i prefer engineless paragliding more silent and more in contact with nature

Well, I prefer Engineless proper Gliding, all the nature stuff + you don't die, actually make some Distance, Aerobatics and you can actually hear things like Voices, Thermals, Screaming, Stuff breaking, Vomit coming out of your Passengers and so on.
  • Upvote 1

You know a pilot is hardcore when he wears thongs!  :biggrin:

Glad I kept reading this thread - after this post all I could think of is if I saw my pilot wearing a thong I'd be really nervous, too:

pilot%20wearing%20thong.jpg

Been seeing guys flying these powered lawn chairs for a while now off the beach near my mom's condo in Florida - my hat's off to you Jason for being brave enough to actually go up in one  :salute:

• Upvote 1