Sign in to follow this  
Wandalen

Cant see my missions in in game (bug)

Making a simple take off and land mission to be sure. Save it in my mission folder. Then i go to missions, and the only thing i see is the folder name, no missions.

Do the exact same thing with my ROF mb and voila, works like a sharm. 

If i take a mission i have downloaded and just open and save it with the mission builder, it also disapear.  :dash:

Anyone else got the same problem, or got it sorted out?

~S~

Be interesting to see what the answer to your problem is - turns out I'm having exactly the same problem in RoF.  I can see in Windows Explorer that the mission files I just saved out of the mission editor are there, but RoF refuses to see them for some reason.

Making a simple take off and land mission to be sure. Save it in my mission folder. Then i go to missions, and the only thing i see is the folder name, no missions.

Do the exact same thing with my ROF mb and voila, works like a sharm. 

If i take a mission i have downloaded and just open and save it with the mission builder, it also disapear.  :dash:

Anyone else got the same problem, or got it sorted out?

~S~

Do you own the version of IL-2 Sturmovik with the map you used in the mission?

Did you set the mission type to "Single"?

Review the following in the IL-2 Sturmovik Mission Editor and Multiplayer Server Manual:

- Create a Singleplayer Mission (pg. 33)

- Cannot Find a Mission in the IL-2 Sturmovik Singleplayer Missions List (pg. 83)

Do you own the version of IL-2 Sturmovik with the map you used in the mission?

Did you set the mission type to "Single"?

Review the following in the IL-2 Sturmovik Mission Editor and Multiplayer Server Manual:

- Create a Singleplayer Mission (pg. 33)

- Cannot Find a Mission in the IL-2 Sturmovik Singleplayer Missions List (pg. 83)

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. I look at my own skill in mb as above average. But i will take another look, am not perfect. It all happend after 2.06 i think.

3. Been there already.

Tanks for the reply Jim TM. 

Usualy you can do mutch wrong in the mb, but you can still see it in the missions, It only does not work, So my guess it is a bug.

But some times i cant find my glases on my own nose, so who knows :)

I cant upload the file.... Arghh, "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file"

~S~ 

Works OK for me. The mission is call "Error test". Have you tried deleting your mtreecache.eng. You can find it in in 1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\ ?

Works OK for me. The mission is call "Error test". Have you tried deleting your mtreecache.eng. You can find it in in 1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\ ?

Hi Prangster. Yes i already did, it did not help.  

I love your missions by the way! And they work, But if i open one of them in mb and klick save. They disapear as well.  

Hi Prangster. Yes i already did, it did not help.  

I love your missions by the way! And they work, But if i open one of them in mb and klick save. They disapear as well.  

Can you please create a very simple mission from scratch (i.e, click File >New) and post screenshots of the following once you have named the mission and are ready to save it:

- The Mission Properties dialog

- The Save dialog, with the folder selected and the file name specified

Then, try finding the mission in IL-2 Stormovik.

Sorry for the bother, but sometimes the smallest detail can make a difference.

Is your IL-2 from Steam by the way? Not sure if this makes a difference as my copy is not from Steam.

Thanks!

UPDATE:

I notice that the filename for the simple mission that you posted earlier is "Builder test.mission", but "Name" in the Mission Properties is set to "Error test". "Error test" is the name that should show in the IL-2 Sturmovik Missions list. Is it possible that you were looking for "Builder test"? I see "Error test" in my IL-2 Stormovik.

Edited by JimTM

Can you please create a very simple mission from scratch (i.e, click File >New) and post screenshots of the following once you have named the mission and are ready to save it:

- The Mission Properties dialog

- The Save dialog, with the folder selected and the file name specified

Then, try finding the mission in IL-2 Stormovik.

Sorry for the bother, but sometimes the smallest detail can make a difference.

Is your IL-2 from Steam by the way? Not sure if this makes a difference as my copy is not from Steam.

Thanks!

UPDATE:

I notice that the filename for the simple mission that you posted earlier is "Builder test.mission", but "Name" in the Mission Properties is set to "Error test". "Error test" is the name that should show in the IL-2 Sturmovik Missions list. Is it possible that you were looking for "Builder test"? I see "Error test" in my IL-2 Stormovik.

Yes no problem, i mada a simple mission called "Taxi"  and save it to my mission folder i named "Wandalen`s" 

I got the game from the online store, not from steam. _I posting the screenshots of the mission properties and folders where you can see they are in the right place.

Last image is the mission folders listed in the game. As you can see its empty. 

And the mission is in the link. http://www.filedropper.com/wandalensmission

Thank you so mutch guys for helping me out, its a real headbanger.

post-18998-0-62716800-1487627077_thumb.jpg

post-18998-0-73786900-1487627094_thumb.jpg

post-18998-0-58264800-1487627107_thumb.jpg

post-18998-0-05617400-1487627117_thumb.jpg

Yes no problem, i mada a simple mission called "Taxi"  and save it to my mission folder i named "Wandalen`s" 

I got the game from the online store, not from steam. _I posting the screenshots of the mission properties and folders where you can see they are in the right place.

Last image is the mission folders listed in the game. As you can see its empty. 

And the mission is in the link. http://www.filedropper.com/wandalensmission

Thank you so mutch guys for helping me out, its a real headbanger.

Your test mission worked OK for me. I noticed the following:

- You have an apostrophe in you mission folder name, but I tested that and it works OK for me.

- Your path is  

...\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\data\Missions\...

whereas my path is 

...\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Missions\...

I don't know if the path is supposed to change based on what version you buy. I suppose that it does change. Did you customize your path or was that the installation default?

Question for everyone: Does anyone else with the "IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow" in the file path have the same problem? How about those with "IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad"?

You could try a game reinstall. Otherwise, this may be a problem to submit to 1C support.

Edited by JimTM

Your problem is with the folders name "Wandalen`s". If you look at the name in game the apostrophe has been substituted with a different character because your apostrophe wasn't in a plain text ASCI format. This works the same as with mission descriptions, if there is a non ASCI character the game stops reading the file at that point. The problem is usually found with text pasted from a rich text program such as Word.

Either remove the apostrophe or use a plain text version and it will work.

Edited by No601_Prangster
  • Upvote 2

Your test mission worked OK for me. I noticed the following:

- You have an apostrophe in you mission folder name, but I tested that and it works OK for me.

- Your path is  

...\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\data\Missions\...

whereas my path is 

...\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Missions\...

I don't know if the path is supposed to change based on what version you buy. I suppose that it does change. Did you customize your path or was that the installation default?

Question for everyone: Does anyone else with the "IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow" in the file path have the same problem? How about those with "IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad"?

You could try a game reinstall. Otherwise, this may be a problem to submit to 1C support.

I bought everything you can get to this game. The path Stalingrad changes to Moscov after a reinstall of the game. I think it will be Kuban next time i reinstall  :biggrin:

Your problem is with the folders name "Wandalen`s". If you look at the name in game the apostrophe has been substituted with a different character because your apostrophe wasn't in a plain text ASCI format. This works the same as with mission descriptions, if there is a non ASCI character the game stops reading the file at that point. The problem is usually found with text pasted from a rich text program such as Word.

Either remove the apostrophe or use a plain text version and it will work.

How embarrassing .. It was the folder name that was the fault guys. I was sure I had tried a different folder, but apparently not.

Very happy for the help i received from you guys. This became a happy day afterall  :yahoo:

I will buy you a beer if you should come to Norway one day guys. 

Cheers!  :drinks:

post-18998-0-60426600-1487707766_thumb.jpg

Great! Thanks to Prangster and you, I have another troubleshooting point for my editor manual.

Cheers!