Nibbio

navigating without GPS: 360° compass protractor

...is fun and after a while easy enough.

However it would really help immensely if we had a 360° compass protractor on the map, ideally as a movable/resizable overlay.

You know that funny transparent disc that shows you the correct heading from point A to point B? I'm tired of guesstimating the angles (is it 45° NW? nah, more like 50something, let's go 305-310... ).

Sometimes I even whip out old windows calculator and compute arctangents  :wacko: 

Middle aged people wearing dad-jeans and presbyopia spectacles shouldn't have to worry about trigonometry anymore. Pretty please, devs.

iCg_compassProtractor.jpg

It would be nice to have it in game instead of needing a third party application, but I can't complain too much.

I definitely appreciate this game's third party community!

yep, there is lots of neat stuff in the 3rd party apps section of the forum

Don't forget the six to seven degrees magnetic declination we should have on these maps ... lol.  That would add to the fun.

It would be nice to have it in game instead of needing a third party application, but I can't complain too much.

I definitely appreciate this game's third party community!

Off course we need map-tools ingame. :rolleyes:

Hopefully it will come shortly....its just insane not having it, whats the point of not having it?

*grumpy*

Off course we need map-tools ingame. :rolleyes:

Hopefully it will come shortly....its just insane not having it, whats the point of not having it?

*grumpy*

I don't think it's necessarily a matter of them intentionally leaving it out....

What might have happened is early on it was left out in favor for working on something else, as it wasn't a huge necessity given how the game was in it's infancy. Then since no one really made a big stink about not having it, it fell off the radar

(just spitballing in their defense)

But I'm sure you know more about that than I would since you're an early supporter and I only jumped on at the end of last year

Edited by 71st_AH_Scojo

In Russian Forum are a PlayClaw applet that allow put a Compass Rose over game map.

But a kind of CloD Map Tools - if improved - will be handful allowing real time use.

IL2missionplanner can be used in second monitor in real time, despite mouse issues - minimize game when cursor is move for second screen, not sure if this was changed.

Edited by Sokol1

What might have happened is early on it was left out in favor for working on something else, as it wasn't a huge necessity given how the game was in it's infancy.

Yes things were left out for other things but now we have planes, theaters, an upcoming new campaign mode, I feel the time to put some resources and priority into maptools is right.

Yes things were left out for other things but now we have planes, theaters, an upcoming new campaign mode, I feel the time to put some resources and priority into maptools is right.

Oh I agree it should make it's way in. I was just saying I can't be too hard on them for having left it out.

We'll have to mention it in the questions for devs

if you are alt tabbed and using mission planer then just use image overlay to add protractor to il2mission planer

Also There are many files out there.

Below image can be resized to suit but this default 2,000x2,000 pixels is great for overlay on ingame map @ 1080P

x9L9F3W.png

Also Note That the Android Version of missionplanner can be run on windows laptops using BlueStacks Android Emulator.

Edited by =r4t=Sshadow14