Sign in to follow this  
MiloMorai

99% of people can't name each of these World War II planes from an image. Can you?

nice quiz but my selections were often formed more by knowing what, out of the 4 choices, it wasnt.  47/49.

Had it been an straightforward "name the plane"  I think that score would have been quartered!

QFT

47/49, the A5M was a bugger! Also missed the Warhawk!

I got full marks and am only 14, wish it was graded. This is probably a sign that I need a new hobby.

• Like 1

I don't think I'd have got all of them if it wasn't multiple choice. Some of those Borat planes really threw me.

Well...it turns out that I am a "True Expert." If you have any questions about WW2 airplanes, you know where to find me.

It's a totally crap quiz, so 49 is easy.

• Like 1

49 of 49..not bad. But it was too easy. It could be more difficult when it comes to the sub variants of each plane.

28 of 36 , above average!

Gotta say tho, I didn´t know most of the planes, I just looked at the markings and picked a name which sounded like it.

German? Must be a Focke Wulf! Italian? Macchi! US? Grumman! exept for the British. There I consistently confused the Spitfire and Hurricane.

Posted (edited)

Weird. I was asked for just 36 planes. And only TWO were german planes.

Edited by PicksKing

16 minutes ago, PicksKing said:

Weird. I was asked for just 36 planes. And only TWO were german planes.

Me too. Just 36 planes.

Silly quiz though.

No knowledge needed. Looking at the markings was enough. It would have been different if, let's say, a Japanese plane was shown and options contained only Japanese planes.

Or no options at all.

Same 36/36 here.

Easy thing.

The only plane that gave me a headscratch for a moment was the VL Myrsky, but only until I figured that in the lower right of the image it said "VL Myrsky from Wikimedia commons" - lol? - but even without that, I could have ruled out the other three options.

:drinks:

Mike

Yeah, if you have any knowledge at all about these planes, you could simply get several of the answers by ruling out the ones that were obviuosly not the plane in question. And the one in which the anwer was the P-43 Lancer...the plane in the picture was NOT a Lancer.