BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 44

I cant log-in. 

#2 Your connection to Master-Server was temporarily lost. Check your internet connection.

I already have an internet-connection. Besides, when I open the Launcher.exe, the game says there's no update available.

They have not opened up access yet for the weekend, try later this afternoon or keep an eye on this forum.

Soon. Possibly the next early access session however we'd have to start on Friday 13th. So I won't give a precise date right now. But it'll happen before Christmas

Thanks for the info Zak,looking forward to it.

Mick. :)

They have not opened up access yet for the weekend, try later this afternoon or keep an eye on this forum.

I will try ;)

Hm no news about the widescreen resolution issue / making post effects optional for testing, but the devs are such nice people that they probably fixed it and just forgot to mention. 

Just tried, no go yet.  I am very happy to wait, have the day off :)

Best way to get rid of CloD trauma is to install Team Fusion 4.0 patch there.

Completely different game.

No way...not even going close to that thing.

But you`re not the first person telling me...i appreciate it ;)

Hats off to your efforts. I don't think everyone would be happy to stay in the office until midnight, repeatedly, but this explains the long way you've come in the last year. Keep going!

+1 They are crazy guys! Very appreciated! :)

• Upvote 1

Bal'shoye spasiba for this update i'm sooooo looking forward to playing it i can't wait anymore my hotas is shaking  :lol:

My updater just started with the new version. Size is 372mb.

They must just be putting it up. Download starts but fails to complete.

RH.

Edited by -=BS=-RobinHood

hmm i get a "failed to get latest version" :/

Edited by Ohwa

Getting a very low DL speed on my end, then it's saying failed to perform update. Anyone else having this?

@Azref: Yes, same.

When I try again, I get Failed to get latest version and only Cancel button available.

Edited by Mirtma

well apparently it is a common issue, maybe it's a little bit to early to update :)

if your start times right seems like 3:00pm. est today in North America?

Why yes.., Your are correct.. , as international pilots we all should be aware of time zones....lmao

Thanks!  Needed to set my UCT/GMT for 2nd clock to Moskow as it is UTC+04.00 which is 3pm Eastern Time US&Canada..  Doh!

:-)

Arty

@Azref: Yes, same.

When I try again, I get Failed to get latest version and only Cancel button available.

The same.

Same here...I guess we have all maxed out their download server.....Boo Hoo, and this was the very first session I could actually make.

Hopefully all will be OK in an hour...Meanwhile I'll have a warm up on ROF.

The update is available. If you've some problems then go to this folder …\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\updates\ and delete everything from there; then run Launcher.exe.

I'm still getting the "#2 Your connection to Master-Server was temporarily lost.  Please check your internet connection..."

I don't think I'm too early for the update if others are downloading now.  

I noted BlackSix's suggestion above and that worries me a bit since that folder if about 2GB and the update today is less than 1/4 of that.

I'll check back in later, maybe it is a chair-desk interface issue....happens a lot with me.

Derek

The update is available. If you've some problems then go to this folder …\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\updates\ and delete everything from there; then run Launcher.exe.

That didn't make things better here :( now it is downloading just a few files and then it's starting again and loop and loop...

I keep getting a failure to update...it goes through the motions but keeps failing with a log...

I tried what BlackSix said and now the update continuously just loops. \IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\updates\ and delete everything from there; then run Launcher.exe.

Same thing Foobar is seeing...Anyone know what to do?

Edited by SDMegOhm

Well it is not working here...just a continuous loops of trying to update.

Am I looking at a re-install? Will that do any good?

Edited by SDMegOhm

Well it is not working here...just a continuous loops of trying to update.

Am I looking at a re-install? Will that do any good?

Did you try what BlackSix suggested in post: 

The update is available. If you've some problems then go to this folder …\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\updates\ and delete everything from there; then run Launcher.exe.

Edited by Mirtma

So i did my first kill :) the physic is absolutely amazing, it is just perfect  :o: but as i finished the first area and planned to go to the second one i was wondering: can you reload your machine guns ? at the airfield maybe ? (i'm in hardcore mode btw all the helps are desactivated)

Edited by Ohwa

Did you try what BlackSix suggested in post: 

The update is available. If you've some problems then go 

to this folder …\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\updates\ and delete everything from there; then run Launcher.exe.

Yes I did try that...I still had the looping problem on and on.

I shut it down and tried one more time before I was going to re-install and then Bam...it worked...

Go figure

That didn't make things better here :( now it is downloading just a few files and then it's starting again and loop and loop...

I keep getting a failure to update...it goes through the motions but keeps failing with a log...

I tried what BlackSix said and now the update continuously just loops. \IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\updates\ and delete everything from there; then run Launcher.exe.

Try to use the Recovery if it doesn't help then do reinstall the program.

Had no problems, luckily ;-)

What can I say? Atmospheric gunfire sounds, realistic damage - I think  - from the cannons, immersive, German & Russian comms audio sounds

very realistic. very big performance difference between 109 & Lagg - as we would expect; it will be a challenge to find Lagg's best offensive features;

probably high/medium altitude bounce - but watch that pull-out!

My biggest problem is reducing the speed on landing - but that's a matter of practise.

Awesome - very impressed. Thanks for all your efforts.

One question: could we have a playable alpha to trial over the Christmas holiday, please? ;)  :cool:  :rolleyes:

Thanks once again ;-)

Marx

Everything is perfect and fantastic...let continue this way and I shall be a happy pilot.

Now I go back to the game so I master the Lagg-3 how is much more difficult than the BF109f4 but I love challenge.

:)