BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 44

Hello Everybody!

This month marks the one year anniversary since we announced BOS and began work. Hard to think that only 12 months ago, there was no BOS and now today you are trying combat for the first time. We hope you enjoy it. So much has been accomplished, but so much more to do.

Today we are giving you the next early access version. In this session both planes will have their weapons working. The control settings screen was also updated with commands for shooting. Draft versions of visual effects were implemented as well as combat system for AI-pilots. This session will last till the end of Monday, December 9th, and it’s completely determined by the stability of the version. Development progress was updated to 35%.

Read more

Early access - week #3

Change log:

• Fixed the issue when two planes used to spawn instead of one
  • Fixed game crashes that could occur when a plane hits the ground
  • Shadows from objects on airfields don't disappear anymore
  • Compass on Bf 109 F-4 fixed
  • Multiple minor fixes in the interface
  • The executive file was renamed into IL-2.EXE

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

Great news.

The new mission type seems exiting. I was expecting nothing more than just shooting at passive drones.

Can't wait to experience AI, weapons effects and DM.

Finally some shooting :) 

Can somebody from the dev team confirm, will standard edition preorders be able to try the sim in this session?

Can somebody from the dev team confirm, will standard edition preorders be able to try the sim in this session?

No, but Buyers of Standard Edition will be able to join the early access starting with one of the nearest sessions

• Upvote 2

Weehoo!

We can fly again!

This will be fun testing. Thanks, Devs and have a nice weekend! Your customers will...

Edited by Mags

You have just topped up my "half Full" Glass ! Looking forward to Friday ! (Saturday here in Aus) ~S~

Great news. Can someone please make some videos of the guns working? I am stuck at work for the next few hours.

Thanks!!!

• Upvote 1

No, but Buyers of Standard Edition will be able to join the early access starting with one of the nearest sessions

+1

Will be glad to welcome our Bros :salute:

Edited by West

I kinda like the unlock tree.

:o:  Not sure about this unlock "gamy" feature...

Awesome news.

Query for the unlock tree. It seems to imply that I'll need to XYZ things to get first the IL-2 and then more things to get the Yak. Is this correct (I know that the unlock system ofc isn't implemented yet)?

Great news, thanks for opening it up for a weekend - finally now, I will get to give it a try!

:)

Edited by dburnette

Thanks for the update, Like the Unlock system, This means that us, usual Sim flyers, Thath bought or will buy the Sim will not notice this system, but the casual players, looking for something more serious, without wasting some money, will get that version (Surely will be less expensive), and play their hours to get their planes.

Looks fine to me!

Looking forward to shooting down my first 109 in BoS ( ;))

Jedders me ol Mucker, i will be waiting for ya , my new mount is a lot faster than my Greentailed one

Edited by 9./JG52Meyer

I can't log in. Wich time it will be opened?

Recived Errormessage:

#2: Your connection to the Master-Server was temporarily lost. Check your internet-connection.

In fact, I write here to you, I think my connection is fine. Other games run fine for me online. Just problems with this one.

Firewall: Norton 360

Hope somebody can help me or make me happy by saying, the game is just not opened yet. =)

Oh man. I'm so psyched for this game.. I'm taking myself - grabbing out for my credit card, while the other hand holds it down and my mind goes - "Dude... You gotta wait it out" - "But ... but ... but... It looks so awesooome?!"

I'm at war!... WITH MY SELF! :lol:

Can't wait to watch gameplay videos of these changes on youtube. (Hint: Make videos guys!)

Cheers.

Why would you wait? I don't understand at all. It will cost the same later and you'll be missing 7 months (or whatever) of play.

I really like the feel of these new missions

I have often looked for a "random" event status in missions and in past flight sims have looked to download many missions to find that ......What am I up against....Kind of feeling. Not just opponent aircraft, but pilot skill

If this is something to come I for one will look forward to this BIG time

Great Great work team. Two weeks gone and this is living up to all Alpha expectations and more

Sincerest thanks for delivering what you have

I'm fully hyped and fully in support of this game and its developers, but I'm starting to get just a teeny weeny bit impatient from not being able to play as standard edition preorder. I thought we could at least gain access to the first session of December, which is the month in which they said we could join.

Can the devs just confirm a date, pleease. :)

Oh man. I'm so psyched for this game.. I'm taking myself - grabbing out for my credit card, while the other hand holds it down and my mind goes - "Dude... You gotta wait it out" - "But ... but ... but... It looks so awesooome?!"

I'm at war!... WITH MY SELF! :lol:

Can't wait to watch gameplay videos of these changes on youtube. (Hint: Make videos guys!)

Cheers.

Grab it!

;)