Photo

The new aiming assist

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Uriah

Uriah
  • Founder

Posted 02 February 2017 - 23:33

I am grateful for what the developers did but I suggest something more like Hollywood tracers.  Unless I just don't understand what the current assist is trying to tell me I just don't see it helping.  I think if we could see where the bullets are going much more clearly that would be much more of an assist.  It need only be for offline and only for the pilot, not for any AI.

Pokryshkin is in the air!

#2 machtu

machtu

Posted 08 February 2017 - 17:39

I made a comment on aiming help on December 24th.  Are my observations similar to yours?

#3 Space_Ghost

Space_Ghost
  • Founder

Posted 08 February 2017 - 17:56

I am grateful for what the developers did but I suggest something more like Hollywood tracers.  Unless I just don't understand what the current assist is trying to tell me I just don't see it helping.  I think if we could see where the bullets are going much more clearly that would be much more of an assist.  It need only be for offline and only for the pilot, not for any AI.

I can see the bullets perfectly fine.

If you're using aim assist and trying to follow tracers, I think it would help you to turn aim assist off and learn to fire by feeling/tracking the tracers... You can't focus on two separate things at once.

"It's very "Loft'esque" though in it's "get everyone mad at you" quality." - Gambit21

#4 Uriah

Uriah
  • Founder

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:29

That's what my mother told me.  By boss seems to think I should focus on many things at once.

Pokryshkin is in the air!

#5 machtu

machtu

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:14

I suggest again that the red crosshair in aim assist be removed and just have the lead dot.  It floating crosshair renders aim assist useless with cluttering up the sight and so confusing that you don't get any benefit.

Anybody else have the same opinion?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users