Fifi

IL2 Cliff of Dover now very good!

What .exe file did you select, it works for me with launcher.exe

The same here...

@ Feathered

Tried 1.5, still no go...

No prob with RoF and BoS on my 64 bit system, but they are not under Steam....

Edited by ST_ami7b5

It's not a Steam prob, because I've just tried it on Wings of Prey which I run under Steam and it works fine.

Thanks anyhow,

:salute:  

Edited by ST_ami7b5

For me it works in CloD, but after about 5 minutes the game freezes and I have to alt-Tab out of there to kill the process.

It happened since some steam update came along early December.

I feel it does have to do with steam in combination with this sim, as other steam games are not affected.

Bos, Rof, RO2 all run great with SweetFx, CloD does not. No big problem, as I will be flying CloD without SFX, but it did look a lot better enabled.

Yes, in some system sweetFX  (or contination with other sofwares) cause CloD freeze.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3528

Sokol1

Thanks Sokol1 !

"Microsoft is aware of an issue some customers are experiencing when installing KB2670838 on certain laptop systems with hybrid graphics. We are looking into the situation and are considering blocking the update for systems that could be affected. Customers who are experiencing issues on systems that already have installed the update should consider uninstalling KB2670838.

If you are experiencing this issue, there is only one way to temporarily fix the problem until Microsoft issues a permanent fix. Go to the Control Panel, Uninstall a Program, select View Installed Updates from the left, and scroll down to KB2670838. Double click on it to uninstall. Once it is uninstalled, go to the Control Panel, then System and Security, then Windows Update, and click Check for Updates. Right-click the KB2670838 and select Hide."

You may need to read " Go to the Control Panel, Uninstall a Program," as "Go to the Control Panel, select Programs and Features,"

It also helps to find it by clicking on the Name header to sort by name.

It may not just be laptops and it may not just be BSOD."

I uninstalled that KB2670838 and SweetFX works!

Thanks Sokol1 !

"Microsoft is aware of an issue some customers are experiencing when installing KB2670838 on certain laptop systems with hybrid graphics. We are looking into the situation and are considering blocking the update for systems that could be affected. Customers who are experiencing issues on systems that already have installed the update should consider uninstalling KB2670838.

If you are experiencing this issue, there is only one way to temporarily fix the problem until Microsoft issues a permanent fix. Go to the Control Panel, Uninstall a Program, select View Installed Updates from the left, and scroll down to KB2670838. Double click on it to uninstall. Once it is uninstalled, go to the Control Panel, then System and Security, then Windows Update, and click Check for Updates. Right-click the KB2670838 and select Hide."

You may need to read " Go to the Control Panel, Uninstall a Program," as "Go to the Control Panel, select Programs and Features,"

It also helps to find it by clicking on the Name header to sort by name.

It may not just be laptops and it may not just be BSOD."

I uninstalled that KB2670838 and SweetFX works!

I did a check on my new rig (last December) and that MS update was not installed.

Most people complained about not being able to start the sim. I can start it allright, but it freezes and crashes in a short while. I am baffled as it is.

@ Yoyo: Great pic

Glad you solved it out Ami7b5! 

Will check if i have this MS update on my PC (even though FX is working).

On side note, i run COD with CloDer application cause i own Win8....Without this CloDer tool, impossible to run COD on Win8.

Yoyo very nice skin!

As i bought Desastersoft "Fighter ace Galland", i think i have it on my PC.

That makes me think i'm not a good Spitfire pilot, as well as Hurricane pilot either.

I really have to learn those 2 planes from closer! Those damn carburators often give me bad time even trying avoiding the pitch issue.

Furthermore have to memorize the best right RPMs and prop pitch for climbing etc, cause very often my AI mates are leaving me like an old Traban on the road!

The 109 is and feels so easy beside!

In the Desastersoft campaign it's even worst...goals are just unreachable for me. Even in the 109!  :lol:

Edited by Fifi

Thanks again Feathered for that nice work.

Will download soon.

But i copied/pasted the others files...so i can't find them back, as i don't remember wich one they were!

Anyway, i guess the new ones will replace the old ones?

They will, but you may have a bit of a mish mash unfortunately.

I'm looking at giving the lufties a bit if a patch too. At least to get rid of that infuriating mantra from the ground controller. "Achtooong!... blah de blah, nule. Hallo!!" Over and over again.

• Upvote 1

Cool for the Luftwaffe! It will be welcome too  :salute:

@ Fifi: just delete the \\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\bob\speech\gb\Actor1 map and copy the newly downloaded Actor1 map into the same map. Old files gone, new files are there.

@ Feathered: Thanks a bunch.

Here's an updated version of the better RAF voices. Instructions are inside.

Delete the old version if you've got it, and replace with this one. As always with Mediafire links, right click and "save target as" to avoid the ads.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1ue6v64jl324673

Very good job! I have 2 remarks: now it's very quiet compared to what we had before, an also there's this triple radio click that comes up in combat very often. I see that "ready for takeoff" has also been replaced, but since all my wingmen say that, the lot of buzzing can get old quickly. Couldn't you find by any chance a good replacement message for that?

Thanks again for your work, it's getting better and better!

Thanks for the tip Reflected. The ready for takeoff sample didn't come up in the QMB missions I was testing on. I'll look for it and see about putting something else in there. Clod has just one lousy voice to represent the 13+ nations that flew with the RAF, so anything I do will be a compromise.

The three individual mic clicks will be when the AI (usually the ground controller) is chanting something over and over again. I'd read about pilots keying their microphones twice as a way of communicating, so I'd planned to make this a feature rather than a bug. Three clicks is too much though, so I'll silence one of them completely. You can probably work around it for now by putting a hyphen in front of the sample titled "in_square". I think that is one of the culprits.

I ran lots of the samples through an audio mixer to make them louder, so I'm not sure how they could be quieter than before. I'd suggest turning down the effects volume (I think that's what it's called) in your game settings. Then change voice volume to 12 in the Conf.ini

Luftwaffe flyers can get quick relief by the way if they rename or otherwise move the samples, in_square, attention and enemy group.

;)

Thanks for  taking the time to do this Feathered!

Hows your beautiful repaint of Rabul coming along, really looking forward to that as well!!!!

Almost there. A kind fellow at SAS is looking after takeoff and taxi points for me, then it's just the last tidy before shipping out. Then it's back to Malta.

Edited by Feathered_IV

Here's an updated version of the better RAF voices. Instructions are inside.

Delete the old version if you've got it, and replace with this one. As always with Mediafire links, right click and "save target as" to avoid the ads.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1ue6v64jl324673

Thank You, but some of files doesnt work for me (4000 kb) like for example "--Escape_panic.ogg" ect.

Edited by YoYo

Those are default files that are silent. Possibly they were placeholders the devs put in because they hadn't made all the recordings yet, we'll probably never know.

I'll add more as I get the chance. It's still very much a work in progress, but I thought I'd share it as I imagine many people were being driven out of their minds by the default voice too. ;)

Ah, just noticed the file you mentioned has the "--" in front of it. I put those marks in front to silence some of the more irritating samples or ones I plan to fix later. If you want it to appear in game again just remove the hyphens.

desastersoft-dvd-galland.png

Hi,

nice to inform You than I added the review of Desastersoft addon for CoD - "Fighter Aces! Adolf Galland - The Expert".

Its in my native language but if You want You can use Translator Google Button (top left) for Your language.

In The end You can dawnload too (with Desastersoft permission) Historic Skin Pack for German Side.

AGalland_German_Skinpack.jpg

• Upvote 1

YoYo,

Nice review, and nice pictures! :good:

Sokol1

Awesome review Yoyo! What great pictures!

But translator in French is truly terrible and not readable unfortunately...

Yes that's the modded game.

This one is an awesome clip also:

Lets hope we can have this type of stuff when BoS comes out.

Absolutely loved that clip... cracking stuff!

Absolutely loved that clip... cracking stuff!

+1!

Probably the best clip i've ever seen  :o:

Clod is very very enjoyable now. I hope BOS will be much bether. Even when it will be difficult I hope they will make it =)

Salute

Thanks to all who posted positive comments, we do appreciate them.  Even those who have negative things to say, we are happy to read them, TF's CoD is a work in progress and we try to respond to remaining issues, as we have already responded with fixes for the more obvious glitches in the game.

Just to let people know, we will be releasing TF 4.01 in the near future, and that release will include a complete revision of the ground handling, and takeoff/landing modeling.  This will include more accurate ground Centers of Gravity, spring stiffness, oleo leg characteristics for the different types, as well as enhanced propwash effects.  This will coincide with the implementation of more of the game's very complex layered wind modeling on the servers, to provide a more challenging landing and takeoff experience.

TF 4.01 will also include a fix for the 'lawndarting' issue with AI, although a complete revision of AI behaviour is going to have to wait till TF 5.0, as it is quite a considerable undertaking.

There will also be quite a number of other revisions to graphics and FM's, with a special focus on bombers and attack aircraft, all of which you will be able to find on our updates thread tomorrow.  (Friday 17th)

We do expect to continue to improve the game, and hope it can be one of a strong trilogy of games available for Flight Sim enjoyment, CoD, BoS and DCS.  :salute:

• Upvote 7

Excellent news Buzzsaw!  :cool:

May sound stupid, but i guess you're working in the Team Fusion?

Could you provide the link for the update thread please?

Can't wait to see your fantastic job  :salute:

So much to look forward to in CloD TF 4.01 (expected to be released in February):

http://vimeo.com/84343913

As a short summary: improved ground, take-off and landing handling, enhanced graphics and flight and damage models, performance optimizations, improved AI gunners, player-controllable flak and enhanced sounds.

And SP players will be glad to hear that there will be an improvement to the "AI lawndarting" issue.

You can find more details about the patch in today's Team Fusion Friday Update.

Edited by DUI
  • Upvote 2

Wow that looks cracking! Its getting harder with every update to not download COD TF but if I do I will just remind myself of the potential that COD had how it will not be in BOS :(

I know this is a weird idea but have you considered the fact that you can have BOTH ?

Well I will but only when the spiritual successor to il2:1946 and COD i,e... DCS WWII is released..

I find it much weirder when the next iteration of a game series is a downgrade not an upgrade....  :blink:

Edited by Krupi
  • Upvote 1

Had? Its a perfect accompaniment to BoS, and something you can play right now...

God damn...Team Fusion guys are real HEROES!!

To seize this game bodily and rise it at this awesome level...just for the love of it  :o:

They deserve more than respect...they deserve a simiulation medal!!

For those who remains doubtfull, just download it, and try it!

Thanks so much for your hard work, and keep in mind there are guys all around the world that really appreciate what you're doing here  :cool:

Edited by Fifi

Krupi, you never answered the question, why not both or why not all three including DCS?  Its good for this genre.  You either want it to succeed or fail.  The amount of time you spent responding to Fifi, you could have launched COD and tried it. Only then will I value your opinion of COD. If for some unforeseen reason, BOS sputtered on release, would you hope a dedicated group of supporters would pick it up and carry on?(I would)  It's always PS4 or Xbox One,  Apple or Windows, Iphone or Galaxy, BOS or COD. open your eyes, you can have both!

• Upvote 2