Photo

Petition for La-5 FN

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Djosha

Djosha
  • Founder

Posted 01 February 2017 - 15:56

I can´t fly German planes. I was indoctrinated from early childhood,  I admit. So I am flying only Soviet ones, and they don´t come even near German ones.  I am not some avid player; but I like to play, say 3 times in a week? Usually not for very long time, because I can hardly finish the mission(setting normal).From what I have read about war, you are absolutely right : Until 1943, Soviets had worse planes, and worse tactics. So, this does looks realistic - OK, and congratulations on it.  After a long time, I experimented German  Me, and I was shocked! How they managed to lose war with these planes?

I think you made La-5 initial version,,because of the timing? Accepted. But now, with the BOK, we are coming to time period (summer1943) when La-5 FN started to be used on all fronts.IT proved to be the first Soviet plane that could engage German planes on the same level. of excellence, it was very important. It is very nice that we will have Spitfire and Aircobra, but why you forgot La-5 FN? You just have to "tweak" La-5 to have about 200 HP more )(in reality :change the carburator intake to direct fuel injection); the rest is the same - at least  looks  are. I don´t know how difficult it is to model that, so you (developers) don´t get angry with me  if my idea is stupid and impossible.   You may sell it more expensive, separately, anyhow, and I would buy it ;and I think that I am not the only one who would  do it.  (about that we will see in this topic).

I am having some thoughts : maybe developers already have it in a pipe, but want to make surprise?

If so, just don´t answer this post, and I will get the point.

If not... Will you , please, please,  think about it, and do something before you go to the Pacific and paradise islands?

Give to us   bad Soviet pilots a game-changer....

As to the rest, I consider your job just marvellous in everything. You are the champions of the world, when it comes to modelling WWII planes.

#2 Space_Ghost

Space_Ghost
  • Founder

Posted 01 February 2017 - 15:59

The La-5FN and Bf 109 G-6 have already been discussed for being released as additional collectors planes.

With that said, the La-5FN is unlikely to be a "game changer" unless its in the hands of somebody who is probably already successful in the other VVS planes.

Edited by 4./JG52_Space_Ghost, 01 February 2017 - 16:01.

"Stop pulling so hard. You don't have to get someone under the gunsight right this second to win the fight." - Go_Pre

6700K @ 4.7GHz - GTX1080 @ 2.1GHz (11000MHz mem clock) - 16GB DDR4 @ 3000MHz - Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) - Dell S2716DG (1440p, G-Sync)

#3 6./ZG26_Asgar

6./ZG26_Asgar
  • Founder

Posted 01 February 2017 - 16:01

nah, we can't just skip variants, we couldn't skip the G-4 to get the G-6, so you will get the La-5F next  :P

#4 I./ZG1_Martijnvdm

I./ZG1_Martijnvdm
  • Founder

Posted 01 February 2017 - 16:04

The La-5FN and Bf 109 G-6 have already been discussed for being released as additional collectors planes.

With that said, the La-5FN is unlikely to be a "game changer" unless its in the hands of somebody who is probably already successful in the other VVS planes.

If there is time of-course. Very important factor for this one. ;) 

Grt M 

I7 4790K@4.7 GHz, MSI Z97 Gaming 5, Kingston HyperX Beast (t3) 16GB, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X, Dell S2716DG, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, Windows 10 64

xyOCsEl.png?2

Mbs8Jx9.png?1

#5 1./JG54_Uwe

1./JG54_Uwe
  • Founder

Posted 01 February 2017 - 16:07

Then I want an A-6 with 4 151/20's and MW-50.

OP just thank your lucky stars you dont have a run of the mill non-PF version of the Yak or Lagg. Youve already got the hot rod versions of the bolshie-birds.

jg54_logo.jpg

U.S. west coast squadron recruiting pilots for Fw-190 and Bf-109

http://JG54.org

#6 I./ZG1_Martijnvdm

I./ZG1_Martijnvdm
  • Founder

Posted 01 February 2017 - 16:09

OP just thank your lucky stars you dont have a run of the mill non-PF version of the Yak or Lagg. Youve already got the hot rod versions of the bolshie-birds.

Those non-PF versions of the Yak and Lagg would actually be nice for BOM. 

Grt M

I7 4790K@4.7 GHz, MSI Z97 Gaming 5, Kingston HyperX Beast (t3) 16GB, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X, Dell S2716DG, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, Windows 10 64

xyOCsEl.png?2

Mbs8Jx9.png?1

#7 19//curiousGamblerr

19//curiousGamblerr

Posted 01 February 2017 - 16:22

I've also heard we have a pretty good version of the I-16. Which explains why she's the best VVS fighter ever :P

#8 Finkeren

Finkeren
  • Founder

Posted 01 February 2017 - 16:28

I'd much prefer the La-5F. Fits the BoK plane set better.

But of course: Before anything else, we desperately need a Po-2.

MiG-3                

The P-51 won the war.

#9 Djosha

Djosha
  • Founder

Posted 01 February 2017 - 16:34

Well, if it is 

I am satisfied. 

But you are not fair: of course better pilots win with anything, but I am speaking for the average ones. 

I don´t know how , and  if you will model it, but, according to  the history books, it was game-changer.

#10 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 01 February 2017 - 16:38

I can only shake my head when I read that someone can't or won't fly for a certain nation because of some odd and/or vague reason.

nah, we can't just skip variants, we couldn't skip the G-4 to get the G-6, so you will get the La-5F next :P

The 190 A-4 called and would like to have a word with you. ;)

#11 6./ZG26_Asgar

6./ZG26_Asgar
  • Founder

Posted 01 February 2017 - 16:44

hey, they're getting the Yak-7 already, what about the Yak-2,3,4,5 and 6 eh?  ;)  :P

#12 EAF19_Marsh

EAF19_Marsh
  • Founder

Posted 01 February 2017 - 16:55

Not to mention  missing out all those Spitfire IVs.

On the subject of 1943 VVS equipment, I really hope the P-39 is not too long in coming; I used to fly it endlessly on the Il-2 demo back in 2002...

#13 19//curiousGamblerr

19//curiousGamblerr

Posted 01 February 2017 - 17:00

Not to mention  missing out all those Spitfire IVs.

On the subject of 1943 VVS equipment, I really hope the P-39 is not too long in coming; I used to fly it endlessly on the Il-2 demo back in 2002...

In the timeline given by the devs, I think it's one of the last planes being added. I believe I saw August 2017, along with the A-20 and something else, maybe the Spit.

Seems like they're banging out the ones based on existing airframes first, then working on the completely new aircraft, which makes some sense. I'm looking forward to the P-39 as well. I'll probably spend an hour opening and closing the door and taxiing around on the tricycle gear before even taking her off!

#14 6./ZG26_Asgar

6./ZG26_Asgar
  • Founder

Posted 01 February 2017 - 17:07

i think it was Spit in July, and P-39, A-20 and Hs 129 in september IIRC

#15 150GCT_Veltro

150GCT_Veltro
  • Founder

Posted 01 February 2017 - 17:09

La-5F, F not FN.

planka_blue.png

#16 I./ZG1_Martijnvdm

I./ZG1_Martijnvdm
  • Founder

Posted 01 February 2017 - 17:11

In the timeline given by the devs, I think it's one of the last planes being added. I believe I saw August 2017, along with the A-20 and something else, maybe the Spit.

Seems like they're banging out the ones based on existing airframes first, then working on the completely new aircraft, which makes some sense. I'm looking forward to the P-39 as well. I'll probably spend an hour opening and closing the door and taxiing around on the tricycle gear before even taking her off!

Timeline from Jason's Q&A session.

• December: Bf109G-4
  • January: Bf110G-2
  • February: He111H-16
  • March: FW190A-5 with flight model fixes for the FW19A-3
  • May: IL-2 Model 1943
  • June: Spitfire V
  • July: Kuban map (without career)
  • October: Yak-7B + open beta on Kuban career
  • November: A-20B + P-39L-1 + Hs129B-2 + new free historical campaign for Kuban
  • December: Final release of Battle of Kuban

xyOCsEl.png?2

Mbs8Jx9.png?1

#17 6./ZG26_5tuka

6./ZG26_5tuka
  • Founder

Posted 01 February 2017 - 17:12

hey, they're getting the Yak-7 already, what about the Yak-2,3,4,5 and 6 eh?  ;)  :P

Yak-6 would actually be nice.

Yak6_600x460.jpg

YdcExnd.jpg                                                                                      Ju 87 D-3 4K Skin Template        - Released                                                    

Ju-52 Early Supporter                                                                                                         Ju 52/3m g4 4K Skin Template   - Released

#18 BlitzPig_EL

BlitzPig_EL

Posted 01 February 2017 - 17:53

Hey, I'll take a Yak 3.

:biggrin:

8wxp.jpg

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov

#19 ShamrockOneFive

ShamrockOneFive
  • Founder

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:11

I'm reading in different places that the La-5FN appeared in the summer of 1943 but all references seem to be about the Kursk battle. The La-5F gets mentioned for Kuban a lot and one source even says that large numbers began to appear in the summer of 1943 during the Kuban battle. So it seems like an appropriate type to include.

The developers obviously had some hard choices to make about planes and I still think they chose well. The Yak-7B fits both Stalingrad and Kuban timelines. The P-39 is a well liked fighter for modern flight sim audiences and an extremely key type for the Kuban battle. That takes up the two fighter choices in the Russian set. The Collector Planes have always offered something different and the Spitfire V is a great choice.

The La-5 Series 8 will still be a pretty good contender during the Kuban battles.

I will say one thing... if you fly both sides then you better understand the strengths and weaknesses of both nations equipment options. When you only experience the one side then you have that grass is greener feeling. The Yak-1 is a solid contender against the available Bf109 versions. Moreso with the Yak-1B but only slightly. The I-16 and MiG-3 are a little less capable overall than their opponents but they have some distinct strengths and weaknesses that ensure that they aren't completely out of the running. Both sides have some pretty good gear. It'd be very cool to have the La-5F added to the series as that seems to fit the Kuban battle well and there is an outside possibility that two more Collector Planes will be added between Kuban and Midway (but we'll see) but until that happens... we've got some good gear to play with on both sides.

#20 Wulf

Wulf
  • Founder

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:13

I can´t fly German planes. I was indoctrinated from early childhood,  I admit. So I am flying only Soviet ones, and they don´t come even near German ones.  I am not some avid player; but I like to play, say 3 times in a week? Usually not for very long time, because I can hardly finish the mission(setting normal).From what I have read about war, you are absolutely right : Until 1943, Soviets had worse planes, and worse tactics. So, this does looks realistic - OK, and congratulations on it.  After a long time, I experimented German  Me, and I was shocked! How they managed to lose war with these planes?

I think you made La-5 initial version,,because of the timing? Accepted. But now, with the BOK, we are coming to time period (summer1943) when La-5 FN started to be used on all fronts.IT proved to be the first Soviet plane that could engage German planes on the same level. of excellence, it was very important. It is very nice that we will have Spitfire and Aircobra, but why you forgot La-5 FN? You just have to "tweak" La-5 to have about 200 HP more )(in reality :change the carburator intake to direct fuel injection); the rest is the same - at least  looks  are. I don´t know how difficult it is to model that, so you (developers) don´t get angry with me  if my idea is stupid and impossible.   You may sell it more expensive, separately, anyhow, and I would buy it ;and I think that I am not the only one who would  do it.  (about that we will see in this topic).

I am having some thoughts : maybe developers already have it in a pipe, but want to make surprise?

If not... Will you , please, please,  think about it, and do something before you go to the Pacific and paradise islands?

As to the rest, I consider your job just marvellous in everything. You are the champions of the world, when it comes to modelling WWII planes.

The La-5 FN wasn't just a hotted-up La-5.  It was a ground-up rebuild - despite the outward similarities. 

#21 RAY-EU

RAY-EU
  • Founder

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:36

La-5 FN ' The wooden saver of Stalingrad ' ! OK &. the Fw-190 A4 ¡

#22 JaffaCake

JaffaCake

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:49

Moreso with the Yak-1B but only slightly. 

Its not even funny how much better 1b is vs yak 1. Better guns, vision and radiator/aerodynamics to the point that you can even catch 109 in a climb if you close the rad and go 100% throttle (can stand the heat warning much longer than the 109 in emergency climb). 

La5-FN was not present in Kuban though, 109-G6 was.

Edited by JaffaCake, 02 February 2017 - 11:49.

#23 Cpt_Branko

Cpt_Branko
  • Founder

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:56

La-5F, Bf 109 G6 and P-39N would be the top fighters for a Kuban scenario, yes. Still, even with the chosen planeset it will be a pretty good matchup.

Edited by Cpt_Branko, 02 February 2017 - 11:56.

#24 salimliu

salimliu

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:06

Eachone have a "hamlet' (Shakespear's novel figure)in their mind.

Thus Eachone need a new plane or retune a plane for this game?

Back to topic.

The La-5 series is never a comfortable plane to pilot.It's a untamed primitive beast for most ussr pilots.

It used the radial engine but still using a steel wire control system.unlike the FW190 is Linkage Mechanical system.

Thus the control is heavy especially on horizontal manuver and level up from diving manuver.

Only strongest man have good control of it.

About the famous Кожедуб, Иван Никитович,he mostly employ the tactic of BnZ,He is  a great chance picker.not a dogfighter.

Almost all the luftwaffe Aces showed their Awe to Yak Sieries.

All the information was referenced by Dimitri Kazanov's book.

#25 ShamrockOneFive

ShamrockOneFive
  • Founder

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:45

Its not even funny how much better 1b is vs yak 1. Better guns, vision and radiator/aerodynamics to the point that you can even catch 109 in a climb if you close the rad and go 100% throttle (can stand the heat warning much longer than the 109 in emergency climb). 

La5-FN was not present in Kuban though, 109-G6 was.

The Yak-1B is a kind of sum of all parts kind of improvement. If you break down the performance improvements and other qualitative elements its actually only a little bit better than the already excellent Yak-1 Series 69 (with that improved 105PF engine). But together it does come to be a decent improvement.

Right now the Yak-1B is the best on the Allied side for sure.

#26 Cpt_Branko

Cpt_Branko
  • Founder

Posted 03 February 2017 - 00:03

The Yak-1B is a kind of sum of all parts kind of improvement. If you break down the performance improvements and other qualitative elements its actually only a little bit better than the already excellent Yak-1 Series 69 (with that improved 105PF engine). But together it does come to be a decent improvement.

Right now the Yak-1B is the best on the Allied side for sure.

Realistically it will be so even after BoK is fully released.

Yak-7B is somewhat worse, and P-39L is slightly faster at low altitude at maximum allowed power, but this power is only allowed for a short while - 5 minutes - and that'll be reflected ingame. Otherwise bit less maneuverable than the Yak-1b. Can be dived at a high speed though, so it will offer a different playstyle. However given how the engines work it will most likely not be nearly as good; even though it is unrealistic due to overheating of the engine, Yak-1b will have an easier time running on full power since it has a longer allowance in the manual.

It would be very nice if they would offer later collector planes like 109G6, La-5F and P-39N.

Edited by Cpt_Branko, 03 February 2017 - 12:59.

#27 150GCT_Veltro

150GCT_Veltro
  • Founder

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:59

A nice video but in Russian only.

youtube.com/watch?v=5qcU1D7adLs

planka_blue.png

#28 Gambit21

Gambit21
  • Founder

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:06

This

post-23599-0-81560100-1480876176.jpg                                                                  post-23599-0-30579300-1480901669.jpg

#29 Djosha

Djosha
  • Founder

Posted 02 March 2017 - 18:13

Thank you!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users