Han

Game version 2.007 discussion: Bf 110 G-2, AI airplanes physics optimization

Excellent update. The mission editor fix was sorely needed. I absolutely love the 110 G-2, even though I seem to get pilot killed more easily than with the E-2 when shot from behind :)

I had the same problem. After several unanswered e-mails to "customer support", what a joke, and just a few, at the time, suggestions from several forum post, for possible suggestions, I finally “bit the bullet” and re-downloaded the game client. It took several hours just to figure out how to do that and the download, after I stumbled upon a link in my steam account for it, took 4 hrs. 

After the download it took another hour or two to figure out how to get it to work and after I finally got it to open, I spent the rest of the day and into the evening reconfiguring everything so its now just as it was before the patch. At least I haven’t run into anymore problem just yet. 

I first started working on this problem at about 07:00 this morning and it’s now 21:15 and I’m just finishing up. I didn’t delete the old version first so you shouldn’t have to, but you won’t be able to uninstall the old game version from your computers control panel if you don’t. I went there to do that and it only had one icon for the game, like it didn’t recognize the two separate versions. I was afraid if I did, it would uninstall both and I’d be back to space one and have to start all over. So, I had to go thru all my computer’s files, hunting for folders that pertained to the old version and I isolated them all in a separate folder, just in case. I’m not going to actually delete them until I know for certain there’s nothing in there I might need.

The fact that my original version was thru steam might have been part of the problem. As it turned out I wasn’t using the actual launcher, witch steam didn’t provide, but now I am and the game is not in the old steam folder but in a new folder called IC Game Studios. Perhaps that’s for the best.

I wasn’t using the launcher but didn’t know that, after all, that was my only experience with the game, so how would I know, I assumed the sign in screen was the launcher. 

Like you said, you shouldn’t have to be a computer programmer just to do a simple update. I’ve played other games in the past from WoW to AO and when an update came due, it was just a matter clicking on a link or button when you first signed in and that was the end of it, other than waiting for it to update. 

I’ve heard peeps bemoaning that there are so few folks in multiplayer and now I think I know at least part of the reason. Don’t get me wrong, I really like this game, or I wouldn’t have spent an entire day and half the evening figuring this out, but this has got to be, at times, the most user unfriendly thing I have ever encountered. Customer support is non existent and if you encounter problems you are totally on your own. That’s got to be a major turn off to a lot of people.

Unfortunately, I doubt that that aspect of the game will ever change. There is no monthly subscription and other than a few “collector planes,” not much of anything that you can buy for the game, Like “Golden Eagles” in War Thunder and all kinds of stuff in AO and other Funcom games. 

Once you’ve bought the game, they’ve made all the money on you that they most likely ever will and if you quit tomorrow and never even figure it out, so what?

Sorry I have to,take issue with this. 99.9% of users do not have any problems which, I'm afraid, points to the user as the issue and no, you really don't need to be a "computer expert" to load and update this game. Any issues you had with steam are to do with steam, the game developers are not responsible for that.

I appreciate it's frustrating but if you are in the minority you do have to accept that it's not the developers at fault. Oh and finally, to counterbalance your customer support complaint, anytime I have contacted them they have been superb. Possibly the roll out of the update has reduced response times?

Unfortunately it will be a week or two until I can try this update out, I'm really looking forward to it. I hope to then join in on the massive positive feedback I'm seeing here.

• Upvote 1

What a splendid update! The G2 seriously rocks! Thank You Han and Team and especially Gavrik for the outstanding work on the FW 190 fm.

Never expected this outcome. :)

Edited by Blooddawn1942
  • Upvote 1

Can't wait for the download to finish so I can see how the FW-190 A-3 is handling.  Not that I'd know how it flew IRL, but, I do like the plane. 

also hoping TrackIR + MSFFB2 stutter issue is being looked at soon or already addressed.  

Thanks for the updates devs. 

Edited by headwarp

This new update is very good.

Tried it last night and couldn't stop playing the game. Really enjoyed flying the 190.

My thanks again to the team.

Edited by Adj

Unfortunately it will be a week or two until I can try this update out, I'm really looking forward to it. I hope to then join in on the massive positive feedback I'm seeing here.

I am sure you will be pleased: civil, informed, factual feedback has (eventually) led to significant change.  The system works!

My only concern is that the skies of MP will now be completely cleared of Soviet aircraft. ;)

Don't know if someone spotted this and can't read all the previous msg but

110G2 guns can get jammed alltogether when one is hit...

I played twice offline mission with QMB againt 8 Pe-2 "Ace".

They hitted me and jammed all my guns

Same here, i thought it was odd.

I think actual A-3 is best what he could have really. According to climb and speed we got really what we could find in German specification. It shine at high speed now and at lower you need be carefully still

I think there are some issues with other planes in game which casue still not accurate relative performance in BOS ( e.x.  too low overheating M-105 PF engines, too good roll rates of some planes, also some maximum speeds). But surly recent A-3 FM changes give us much more close RL characteristic of these plane

+1

Let me understand : You mean to got 20 kills with a 4 squad fly especialy because the FW got this new FM? You think this would not possible in 4 x 109s (except about the different gun power but it's not a question of FM)? If you think it should be harder to do it with the older "salto-A3" version, I agree. But I don't think this succes is just the fact of the new FM, realy I can't belive it.

Okay, how the heck are you flying your FW? I'm not trying to attack you, just not curious why you're not getting much from it? Mind recording a quick QMB or something?

I had the same problem. After several unanswered e-mails to "customer support", what a joke, and just a few, at the time, suggestions from several forum post, for possible suggestions, I finally “bit the bullet” and re-downloaded the game client. It took several hours just to figure out how to do that and the download, after I stumbled upon a link in my steam account for it, took 4 hrs.

After the download it took another hour or two to figure out how to get it to work and after I finally got it to open, I spent the rest of the day and into the evening reconfiguring everything so its now just as it was before the patch. At least I haven’t run into anymore problem just yet.

I first started working on this problem at about 07:00 this morning and it’s now 21:15 and I’m just finishing up. I didn’t delete the old version first so you shouldn’t have to, but you won’t be able to uninstall the old game version from your computers control panel if you don’t. I went there to do that and it only had one icon for the game, like it didn’t recognize the two separate versions. I was afraid if I did, it would uninstall both and I’d be back to space one and have to start all over. So, I had to go thru all my computer’s files, hunting for folders that pertained to the old version and I isolated them all in a separate folder, just in case. I’m not going to actually delete them until I know for certain there’s nothing in there I might need.

The fact that my original version was thru steam might have been part of the problem. As it turned out I wasn’t using the actual launcher, witch steam didn’t provide, but now I am and the game is not in the old steam folder but in a new folder called IC Game Studios. Perhaps that’s for the best.

I wasn’t using the launcher but didn’t know that, after all, that was my only experience with the game, so how would I know, I assumed the sign in screen was the launcher.

Like you said, you shouldn’t have to be a computer programmer just to do a simple update. I’ve played other games in the past from WoW to AO and when an update came due, it was just a matter clicking on a link or button when you first signed in and that was the end of it, other than waiting for it to update.

I’ve heard peeps bemoaning that there are so few folks in multiplayer and now I think I know at least part of the reason. Don’t get me wrong, I really like this game, or I wouldn’t have spent an entire day and half the evening figuring this out, but this has got to be, at times, the most user unfriendly thing I have ever encountered. Customer support is non existent and if you encounter problems you are totally on your own. That’s got to be a major turn off to a lot of people.

Unfortunately, I doubt that that aspect of the game will ever change. There is no monthly subscription and other than a few “collector planes,” not much of anything that you can buy for the game, Like “Golden Eagles” in War Thunder and all kinds of stuff in AO and other Funcom games.

Once you’ve bought the game, they’ve made all the money on you that they most likely ever will and if you quit tomorrow and never even figure it out, so what?

I am nothing close to a programmer and never had problems. Even when I had the same issue it was no big deal to reinstall. Customer support takes at least 24 hours to respond so they should be getting back to you today. There are ALWAYS people on the forum more than willing to help. If you want to buy golden eagles then war thunder is probably going to make you happier.

Gavrick (Roman) said in DD 140 CLmax for FW-190 is between 1.3 and 1.4 per calculations and newly obtained documents.

but it was found in a document or just an approximation?

I'm actually taking a day off from work to fly the new 190.

I'm not sure what that says about me but hey, I earn my vacation time to use it not sit in it lol.

• Upvote 2

I'm not sure what that says about me but hey, I earn my vacation time to use it not sit in it lol.

That's right. People are too afraid to use something they earned, it shouldn't be that way especially in the US.

• Upvote 2

Sounds like a vacation to me!

Hey guys not sure if its been mentioned of if its just my game.

Only a small issue but//

The Auto pilot no longer wants to engage @ all.

I used to use it for benchmarking

Quick Mission >> Take off & Landing Calm >> I would start plane then turn on auto pilot it would take off and fly the course and land by itself.

Some missions it would not work it would say auto pilot on , but not move

Now nothing happens no auto pilot on icon no nothing.

Should i make a bug report on this or will devs just take noticed bugs from this discussion post?

Should i make a bug report on this or will devs just take noticed bugs from this discussion post?

You can contact support on the main website or post in the "Technical Issues and Bug Reports" main forum section

Finally got to fly it late last night. The Fw is night and day different. I found I was using the old tactics for about twenty minutes before I realized I could put the spurs into her in a turn fight without stalling/spiraling out of the turn. The rudder is also more effective. To start, and more importantly, to stop an aileron roll is much more precise - almost no wobble. It feels much more solid in basic aerobatics now.

Lastly, I am NO dogfighter. Strictly a BNZ/trapper but I ventured online and duked it out with a good Yak driver and won. I did not feel like I was being outmaneuvered at any point in the fight. When he started turning in the horizontal I simply went vertical, set a perch, and engaged at my leisure. Fantastic work DEV's.

Dat Fw - holy schnikes!!!

• Upvote 1

Are you sure you've activated the autopilot in the difficulty settings?

• Upvote 1

Great update :)

I did not have time yet to test myself - but any tweaks to the Mig-3 ground handling ?

Edited by fjacobsen

There is a third gold bar under my profile pic now, representing BOK.

It wasn't there until this update.

Outstanding work gentlemen.

Salutations,

I am curious. I purchased the Premier Editions of BOS and BOM directly from the site and have no gold bars displayed. What is the 'secret' to getting those excellent looking gold game bars? I feel like a second class pilot and site member. :mellow:

Salutations,

I am curious. I purchased the Premier Editions of BOS and BOM directly from the site and have no gold bars displayed. What is the 'secret' to getting those excellent looking gold game bars? I feel like a second class pilot and site member. :mellow:

You would have needed to order during early access, if you buy Kuban now you would get a BOK Bar

Salutations,

The bars (gold and silver) are for people who preorder.

If you act now, you can still get the BoK bar ;)

You would have needed to order during early access, if you buy Kuban now you would get a BOK Bar

Ah, a matter of fickle timing eh?

The only problems that were really annoying in the sim are now gone!

Thanks Dev team!

Really waiting for the next plane this month!

Thanks for the update guys!! I was hoping that that there would be a surprise fix, fixing fullscreen tearing. Freesync still isn't working in fullscreen. When in the map screen before starting a quick mission my fps is locked at 60fps but when I start flying it goes up to 144 which I limited in the startup.cfg. I thought since this is a full update it would be fixed as it only happened after 2006 and I thought were from hot fixes. Have to go back to borderless :( Relive doesn't record as well in desktop mode and on drivers after 16.12.1 bringing up the Relive overlay (ALT-Z) when in borderless drops the fps to 10fps and it stutters while recording. 16.12.1 doesn't have this issue I though because that was what you guys tested on 2006c. Before 2006 it recorded really well in fullscreen with freesync working.

The screen tearing seems to only happen in cockpit view, third person I don't see tearing at least this was on 2006c so I assume it's the same.

Can you guys please work on fixing fullscreen freesync on AMD and some Gsync users are also having this problem or at least were on 2006c.

Windows 10 64bit

Radeon Driver 16.12.1 

AMD Fury X

keep up the amazing work guys, thanks for all the new stuff.

Edited by =WFPK=astrix_au

I tried the new (for this version of Il2) BF110 G2 and found that it has (maybe) to powerful engines, but maybe not?! It was a plane the Germans did keep nearly to the end of the war as night fighter but was never a match for single engine fighters lacking power and amiability! But in the game it is a nice plane to fly, thank you for letting us fly it!

Hip, hip, hip hourra !

:salute:

One last thing: the 37mm gondole under fuselage was for ground attacks only and there was never any hope of hitting any flying object with it!

Edited by senseispcc

I like the G2 and looking forward to try it, but is it just me or do Red side lagging behind when it comes to Ground attack? No disrespect or ingratitude, I just hope for a A 20 next.

Many thanks for the update, I will update my game when time allows 

• Upvote 2

I like the G2 and looking forward to try it, but is it just me or do Red side lagging behind when it comes to Ground attack? No disrespect or ingratitude, I just hope for a A 20 next.

Many thanks for the update, I will update my game when time allows 

Not really. All of the VVS fighters have rockets or bombs. Two versions of the heavily armored IL-2 with rockets, bombs and anti-tank guns. Two versions of the Pe-2.

Thanks developers you made good job with Fw 190. I made only a quick flight but it fly better than before and turn good at high speed..deflection shooting now seems possible...I have only to test the diving speed acelleration..

Many thanks...going to buy BOK soon

As I promised now I wear BOK bar....Going to flying soon G4..

Again, many thanks developers to have updated the FW 190..

Regards

• Upvote 3

Ah, a matter of fickle timing eh?

No I don't think so. A lot of people bought in to the idea of this sim when there was nothing but hope and a promise. Considering that the game is maturing at a rapid pace and most issues have been or are being worked out, I feel pretty good knowing I was there in the beginning. The gold bars are a nice little perk for getting on board when others chose to wait and see.

• Upvote 4

I like the G2 and looking forward to try it, but is it just me or do Red side lagging behind when it comes to Ground attack?

You're flying a sim called "IL2"

That's THE ground attack aircraft.

• Upvote 2

Also I-16 over heat icon stays on  , any ideas lowered rpm and mix to 75% - down to ^ 60% ... any input . ??

I-16 has inlet cowls. Like La-5.

Amazing new Fw-190.

Finally, after all the simming years since 90s (Warbirds, anyone?), I feel that finally I can fly a 190 according to pilot memories I've read so much. That's a whole new plane, it is joyful to fly, stable gunnery platform, energy retention and so on. Just spent 3 hours in a row flying it in SP.

Congrats, devs!

On the other hand, I get some stutter when I rotate my head around the cockpit. Is that the TrackIR/FFB stutter bug? I got G940 + TIR5 set-up. 16 GB RAM, 2 GB VRAM (R9 270x), i5. Other than that, game runs smoothly capped to 60 fps to avoid screen tearing.

Interesting. I wonder whether this sort of stutter bug might also be related to the stutter that many people got when trying the early VR implementation - for me, even with a GTX 1080 and an otherwise smooth gameplay head tracking was always strangely stuttery - no FFB for me though (although I'd have to check whether this might have been activated in the options)

Regarding AI optimization. What requires less CPU. 10 individual AI planes or one group of 10 AI planes? Basically, does grouping AI reduce cpu load?

All of the "brains" and flight models remain fully functioning regardless of how the AI are placed...6 individuals or a flight leader with 5 other aircraft targeted to that flight leader.

So no there's no significant difference.

There might be 'slightly' fewer CPU cycles eaten up if they are in the same flight, (with commands and waypoints assigned only to the leader) but I can't say that for sure because I don't know how the logic works under the hood for that. It could be more CPU intensive for all I know.