Han

Game version 2.007 discussion: Bf 110 G-2, AI airplanes physics optimization

Ran a couple of QMB missions like I always do after each update to check on the "bubble of blur" issue. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, or maybe my brain has finally succumbed to looking past it after all this time, but while I can see that it's still present at least on the summer Stalingrad map from 1,000 m altitude it seemed to be much less noticeable than before. I haven't had a chance to try any of the other maps or altitudes yet, and that'll have to wait till I get back from work tonight, but I'm liking what I've seen so far.

Really great list of changes/updates for this one, and if it really has improved the bubble of blur issue as well then that will be fantastic!

Have you tried the terrain.ini "trick". Ill post a link to the thread if i remember when i go home.

It works pretty well in smoothing the bubble.

Of course, the first time I take a voluntary overtime shift in over a year. I will fly it tonight though. Until then, thanks Devs and enjoy boys-n-girls. Post lots of reviews for the updated Fw please.

S!

I was really waiting the 110G2 as my real christmas present .... And I tried the new fw Fm :)

Just WOW :)

For the anxious people around here, the FW feels absolutely more controlable , just a joy to fly .... Tested a couple of minutes online and this thing is actually a Butcher :)

Ran a couple of QMB missions like I always do after each update to check on the "bubble of blur" issue. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, or maybe my brain has finally succumbed to looking past it after all this time, but while I can see that it's still present at least on the summer Stalingrad map from 1,000 m altitude it seemed to be much less noticeable than before. I haven't had a chance to try any of the other maps or altitudes yet, and that'll have to wait till I get back from work tonight, but I'm liking what I've seen so far.

Really great list of changes/updates for this one, and if it really has improved the bubble of blur issue as well then that will be fantastic!

The amount of effect is very map dependent but I hope you are right.

Regarding bump maps, does this work the same way as skins so you have to have the particular files to see the altered maps on individual aircraft?

von Tom

Well done to Han and the team

I haven't tried the updated version yet; but appreciate all of the hard work being undertaken.

Can't wait to get home and give it a try.

I spent more time since the release of the new Fw 190 flight model in beta than i have the whole last year. Absolutely love that plane now. Could barely spend enough time on the Bf 110 G-2, which is equally awesome.

I think the AI improvements also make SP more enjoyable and less predictable. Some tweaks here are there would still be nice, but it was a very unexpected improvement for me.

• Upvote 3

Are you launching the IL-2 Launcher? Assuming you bought the game from our website.

Jason

Well I assure its the launcher, as it has launched the game up untill this update and it says IL*Sturmovik at the top and gives you the choice of "Enter" or "offline."

I don't know if I bought the gave at your website or not because I don't know what your website is. I got it thru steam, I think, as I have a steam account that has the game listed on it.

How do I update it? is all I want to know. When I try to launch the game It just tells me "#10027 packed data fail, please restore original pack data files." I dont even know what pack data files are, much less how to restore them. The first time I tried to launch the game today it said somthing about an up date. I kept trying to launch it, out of not knowing what else to do and the absense of any instructions or links to update it and the message changed to the one I just quoted. 

Well I assure its the launcher, as it has launched the game up untill this update and it says IL*Sturmovik at the top and gives you the choice of "Enter" or "offline."

That's not the launcher though. Search for the "launcher.exe" file in your Il-2 folder and launch it that way. 

Great update,many thanks,........wonder what I will be doing this evening :)

I noticed the same thing a few days ago pre patch. I have not seen it since but I will report it as bug.

I'm glad its not just me hearing things lol

I don't know if I bought the gave at your website or not because I don't know what your website is. I got it thru steam, I think, as I have a steam account that has the game listed on it.

How do I update it? is all I want to know. When I try to launch the game It just tells me "#10027 packed data fail, please restore original pack data files." I dont even know what pack data files are, much less how to restore them. The first time I tried to launch the game today it said somthing about an up date. I kept trying to launch it, out of not knowing what else to do and the absense of any instructions or links to update it and the message changed to the one I just quoted.

I had this problem a long time ago. I had to just reinstall the game after that it updated fine.

Can we get payload dependencies?

They are much the same as those for the E-2 model. 50 kg bombs can be carried with the two gunpod loadouts.

it is a quick mission

Do you want me to upload youtube and pass the link?

If you didn't open new qmb mission after that then it would the gen_ mission file created in the mission folders somewhere. You can zip and attach that maybe.

Thanks very much for a great update. The G2 is just a beast and the A3 is wonderful to fly.

Great to see the word "wonderful" when explaining 190 flight.

• Upvote 1

Fantastic update, thanks! Both 110G2 and new Fw are great! Both seems to be very realistic and fun tu fly. Great engine sound on 110!

Does anyone get lower fps with new upadate, or is ti just me? I am playing at 4K, I7 7700K 4,6 ghz, MSI gtx 1080 armor OC. I used to have steady 60 fps. Now around 55 and stuttering.  I think my CPU and GPU usage also dropped (cpu all cores max 28% ), but I am not sure.

MS FF2 + TrackIR = stuttering bug still there on my setup.

Absolutely fantastic update,

the 190 has gone from a very twitchy ground attack to an amazing aircraft to fly. The G2 is a great plane too, it's a beast and a half!!!!

Cheers

I had this problem a long time ago. I had to just reinstall the game after that it updated fine.

Well that's just great. So how exactly do I do that? I've been going thru the manual and it tells how to regester and install it in the first place  but not how to reinstall it. When I go to my steam account and try to install it it just tells me that its already installed? Why cant this game be more user friendly, we're not all computer programers. Is ther somewher that I can find instructions on how to do thuis that an average peeson can understand? Do i need to complety delete the game first and if I do that how do I reintall it? 

Great update for sure - I haven't arrived home yet :-( to try it myself....

More than the G-2 I will be willing to try the A-3. I still have a long way to go before I leran to fly the multi-engines.....

But from some of the posts above I have good reasons to believe we have an even more accurate A-3 now! This 1C / 777 Team does WONDERS!!!!!

Great! Great ! Great!

Have just flown a quick mission with the Butcher Bird and let me say this;I bought BoS, Day1 & have tried over the past 2 years or so to try to fly & fight in the 190.It has been a chore.I changed joysticks & that made a difference but not much.Problems with high speed stalls in banks, target acquisition  & yo-yoing continued.It seemed as if the only way I could get it under control was in Custom settings, but in general I just avoided the brute & flew the 109 instead....A pity to leave all that firepower back sitting on the airfield...sigh...

Today...all is forgiven- it is a dream come true.It flys( in Normal settings,) as  described by wartime pilots & pilots after the war- a delight ! Many thanks for listening to the occasional whine from players like me & more thanks for really doing something about it!

Now today I get one of my favorites the 110G-love it, but will someone quickly explain the big stick 3.7cm cannon firing/loading procedure? I'm afraid I cannot get it to fire for very long or very often.Does it require my gunner to reload after each shot? each clip? ( I don't notice the shells disappearing from his space when I do hit my re-load setting button..)Any help gratefully appreciated!

A great day in any case- it will be difficult to go back to work!

Edited by Blitzen

Well that's just great. So how exactly do I do that? I've been going thru the manual and it tells how to regester and install it in the first place  but not how to reinstall it. When I go to my steam account and try to install it it just tells me that its already installed? Why cant this game be more user friendly, we're not all computer programers. Is ther somewher that I can find instructions on how to do thuis that an average peeson can understand? Do i need to complety delete the game first and if I do that how do I reintall it?

The game is perfectly user friendly and the uninstall/reinstall procedure is the same as any other Steam game.

Sorry but imo and after several tries the 190 stays a prey rather than a butcher. It is a bit improved but it is still far from what it should be for me. This bird will remain in my  garage, as before. I still regret so much of having bought it.

Edited by Otto_bann

Go to your steam library and right click the game, delete it. Once that is done, install it again.

Like you would with any other steam game. :)

Edited by JG19_Mueller

Sorry but imo and after several tries the 190 stays a prey rather than a butcher. It is a bit improved but it is still far from what it should be for me. This bird will remain in my  garage, as before. I still regret so much of having bought it.

Really Otto? Had only a bit time to test it, but for me it seems to fly much better now. Of course, you can still get shot down, but from what I can tell so far, you now have possibilities, offensive and defensive.

Have to do more tests, but right now I would say: Thank you devs, goal achieved.

Manfred

Edited by StG2_Manfred
  • Upvote 5

Dear Han and team. What i like is that you dont only do the big things and well but also the small things and well. Just took 8 fighters plus 8 he 111 500m over stalingrad. Those He 111 previously caused a big hit but now super smooth.

You guys continiously seek inprovement which is so commendable. I am just happy...very happy. Many thanks. (Btw you also know how to keep due dates. Jan it was said and Jan it was.)

• Upvote 1

I have to say that the 190-FM is way more than I dared to hope for. The stall is still there on lower speeds or if you simply overdo it, and it's vicious, but the FW is way more controllable and can now actually pull off some very effective defensive rolling maneuvers. Add to that the fact that you can now pull hard enough at high speeds to actually pull off good deflection shots and what you get is the effective and powerful plane it's supposed to be if flown right. I have alway flown the FW, even through it's bad times, but today I got 2 flights with 4 kills each in a row on Wings, which is by no means record-worthy, but it felt...earned, you know? Before you relied on very defensive flying, on your enemy not seeing you or failing to employ basic defensive flying. But now it's all you. If I don't get someone on a deflection shot now, I cannot push it onto the questionable high speed snapstall anymore, I simply failed, which makes flying the 190 in an aggressive environment all the more rewarding.

Excellent job, Han and people, very well done indeed.

• Upvote 4

Are you saying the plane's FM is inaccurate, or do you just not like the plane's performance?

So how do we access the bump maps.  I have new bumps I need to create for the Fw190a-3, Pe-2's and I-16. :)

• Upvote 2

I have to say that the 190-FM is way more than I dared to hope for. The stall is still there on lower speeds or if you simply overdo it, and it's vicious, but the FW is way more controllable and can now actually pull off some very effective defensive rolling maneuvers. Add to that the fact that you can now pull hard enough at high speeds to actually pull off good deflection shots and what you get is the effective and powerful plane it's supposed to be if flown right. I have alway flown the FW, even through it's bad times, but today I got 2 flights with 4 kills each in a row on Wings, which is by no means record-worthy, but it felt...earned, you know? Before you relied on very defensive flying, on your enemy not seeing you or failing to employ basic defensive flying. But now it's all you. If I don't get someone on a deflection shot now, I cannot push it onto the questionable high speed snapstall anymore, I simply failed, which makes flying the 190 in an aggressive environment all the more rewarding.

Excellent job, Han and people, very well done indeed.

Thanks for the comments. Exactly what some of us were hoping for.

Just had the chance for a quick spin with the Fw-190A3 and first impressions are very favourable: Seems easier to pull lead without stalling out now and energy retention when manouvering seems better. Also, it seems to accelerate better now when unloading g's than it did before?

Excellent work and a big thank you for the update to the developers! :good:

Just pre-ordered BoK so now looking forward to flying the A5 and Spitfire as well! :)

Hats off to Han and all the Dev Team!

Thx for this update, especially for the FW, it is now joy to fly this (still not-so-forgiving) bird..

On the other hand, i've got the impression (maybe its PLACEBO effect, nad i'm wrong  :biggrin: :biggrin: ) that in general all aircraft (i've tested 109s) responses to the stick input are more stable, inert and.. now handling feels more like REAL aircraft not RC model..

anyway, again THX! 

Sorry this thing does 560 at sea level, can do very tight turns now and keeps its energy nicely and is a dream to fly. What do you expect?

This thing takes everything from the sky now if flown correctly...

• Upvote 7

Salutations,

What exactly is the procedure for obtaining the update? Non steam here.

Do we need to download the entire game once again? Do we need to delete our current version before loading the new?

The way is stands now, I can't even load the old version. Why doesn't it automatically update when I attempt to load the game? Wishful thinking I suppose. Updating should be easy.