Photo

Got a question...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Semor76

Semor76

Posted 27 January 2017 - 14:29

Hi Folks

I already purchased BOS via the IL-Mainsite.(got my Key via a reseller,yeah,I´m guillty..) Now I want to move to BOM and want to purchase it via Steam.

Reason behind is,Steam allowed the paiment via Paysafe card. Now my question,Can I combine both installs without problems?

#2 71st_AH_Scojo

71st_AH_Scojo

Posted 27 January 2017 - 16:57

Get the key from your il2sturmovik account for BOS and put it in steam and then get your steam key for BOM after you purchase it and put it in your il2sturmovik account.

Of all my accomplishments I may have achieved during the war, I am proudest of the fact that I never lost a wingman.                                           — Colonel Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, GAF

I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game.      — Sir Harry Broadhurst, RAF, 12 victories WWII

Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder.                                                                                                                                                    — Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker, USAS

#3 Semor76

Semor76

Posted 27 January 2017 - 17:36

Hmm,I can only add BOS as a non steam Game to my libary. To enter the original key didn´t work.I get a "invalid Product code" message. What to do?

#4 Extreme_One

Extreme_One

Posted 27 January 2017 - 17:46

Hmm,I can only add BOS as a non steam Game to my libary. To enter the original key didn´t work.I get a "invalid Product code" message. What to do?

You can only add BOS to steam if you pre-ordered BOS.
I'll drink to the Spirit of ’46

#5 Semor76

Semor76

Posted 27 January 2017 - 17:59

Thanks for the reply .But now I have 2 different answers in 2 different directions...not very helpfull ^^

Before I buy BOM I´ll need a clear statement how it is possible to combine these two installations.

#6 71st_AH_Scojo

71st_AH_Scojo

Posted 27 January 2017 - 18:02

Go with his answer. I bought BOS on steam and the others from the il2 shop.

I think that you would just need to take the steam key of BOM and add it to your il2 account and then download the game from the il2 site instead of steam.

Of all my accomplishments I may have achieved during the war, I am proudest of the fact that I never lost a wingman.                                           — Colonel Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, GAF

I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game.      — Sir Harry Broadhurst, RAF, 12 victories WWII

Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder.                                                                                                                                                    — Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker, USAS

#7 Semor76

Semor76

Posted 27 January 2017 - 18:51

Go with his answer. I bought BOS on steam and the others from the il2 shop.

I think that you would just need to take the steam key of BOM and add it to your il2 account and then download the game from the il2 site instead of steam.

Thx. Ofc this would be the best and a customer friendly way for activation.But I didnt know if the IL2 Shop will accept the Steam key? This activation process confuses me.

Did we have a friendly Person here in the Forums who has both games 100% working in this way?

IL2 BOS (from the shop) & IL2 BOM (from Steam) ?

#8 71st_AH_Scojo

71st_AH_Scojo

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:45

Thx. Ofc this would be the best and a customer friendly way for activation.But I didnt know if the IL2 Shop will accept the Steam key? This activation process confuses me.

Did we have a friendly Person here in the Forums who has both games 100% working in this way?

IL2 BOS (from the shop) & IL2 BOM (from Steam) ?

The IL-2 shop should definitely accept a steam key. If it doesn't, that's something they need to fix and you should contact support.

Have you tried it yet?

#9 =R4T=Sshadow14

=R4T=Sshadow14

Posted 30 January 2017 - 13:45

from what i just read on the main page under keys and faq

You can convert IL2 Key to steam key
But you Cannot Go back EVER (probably as steam likes to rip off companies with fees for these things)

You Cannot Convert Steam key into IL2 keys.

Just be safe. in all cases where possible avoid steam (they are a special breed of "people")

Edited by =r4t=Sshadow14, 30 January 2017 - 13:46.

x6dnyTg.jpgZNAqgaZ.jpg

/CPU: FX8350 /GPU: GTX780SOC /RAM: 16GB@1875mhz /JOYSTICK: Saitek X-55 Hotas /PEDALS: Logitech Driving Force EX

#10 71st_AH_Scojo

71st_AH_Scojo

Posted 30 January 2017 - 13:54

from what i just read on the main page under keys and faq

You can convert IL2 Key to steam key
But you Cannot Go back EVER (probably as steam likes to rip off companies with fees for these things)

You Cannot Convert Steam key into IL2 keys.

Just be safe. in all cases where possible avoid steam (they are a special breed of "people")

What do you mean by convert?

As far as I know, there's no conversion. There are keys given by IL-2 and keys given buy steam. Whenever you buy something from one or the other, you get that key and put it in the other so that when you're in the game you can use what you bought.

#11 =R4T=Sshadow14

=R4T=Sshadow14

Posted 30 January 2017 - 14:23

no no i mean the way it is now when you go to il2 website you have 2 choices..

Buy the game and using the IL2 KEY you just got. install it using the il2 launcher and run it without steam like i do for BoS & BoM & Soon to be BoK
Or you can buy the game like above and then on profile on main site you can go here.

XDis9mV.jpg

and get your IL2 "launcher key" converted into a steam key so you can use the steam version,
BUT! This is a one way process and you cannot go from steam key back to IL2 Launcher key.

anyways its all detailed in the new awesome official game manual pdf.

https://forum.il2stu...dition-english/

x6dnyTg.jpgZNAqgaZ.jpg

/CPU: FX8350 /GPU: GTX780SOC /RAM: 16GB@1875mhz /JOYSTICK: Saitek X-55 Hotas /PEDALS: Logitech Driving Force EX

#12 Semor76

Semor76

Posted 30 January 2017 - 15:49

=r4t=Sshadow14

and to all the others,thx for the helping hand. Good to see that I´m not the only one who get a bit confused by handle this Game on two different platforms...

I´ve already wrote a mail to the Support this morning but didn´t get a answer until now,but I think to "convert" the Launcher Key into a Steam Key will do the trick.

I will try it out ASAP.

Edited by Semor76, 30 January 2017 - 15:50.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users