Photo

Can we have this little IAR-81C to go with the Crimea map please?

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#81 BlitzPig_EL

BlitzPig_EL

Posted 01 November 2017 - 16:21

It's an instant buy for me as well.

Trust me, it's better to have Jaws2002 as your wingman than as your opponent.

Edited by BlitzPig_EL, 01 November 2017 - 16:21.

8wxp.jpg

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov

#82 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 01 November 2017 - 16:49

To make it worthwhile (especially with the new career mode coming) for single-player play, though, you'd need to model a Romanian pilot, record Romanian voices, model a handful of ground vehicles, etc. I just don't see that happening.

#83 Space_Ghost

Space_Ghost
  • Founder

Posted 01 November 2017 - 17:07

To make it worthwhile (especially with the new career mode coming) for single-player play, though, you'd need to model a Romanian pilot, record Romanian voices, model a handful of ground vehicles, etc. I just don't see that happening.

To be fair, they didn't create an Italian pilot, record Italian voices, model ground vehicles or anything else to represent the Macchi in the sim.

I do know what you're saying though - one of the selling points of BOX is the "full package" approach to aircraft/assets/maps/campaigns - a Romanian warbird without Romanian assets would certainly irk the already numerous people who seek minor nuances to whine about.

"It's very "Loft'esque" though in it's "get everyone mad at you" quality." - Gambit21

#84 Alexmarine28

Alexmarine28

Posted 01 November 2017 - 19:10

To be fair, they didn't create an Italian pilot, record Italian voices, model ground vehicles or anything else to represent the Macchi in the sim.

I do know what you're saying though - one of the selling points of BOX is the "full package" approach to aircraft/assets/maps/campaigns - a Romanian warbird without Romanian assets would certainly irk the already numerous people who seek minor nuances to whine about.

I don't see much of a problem honestly, technically apart from the plane itself we don't have any italian assets in the game. Moreover I would not be surprised that in the new career we will not have some of the Romanians squadrons using the Bf-109 E-7 in the Stalingrad area... Part of the map during the careers technically would already also require romanian assets (same for the italian ones).

If it's not coming it's more because of budget/schedule reason than anything else. Let's wait for the G-6/FN preorders for now :)

#85 Space_Ghost

Space_Ghost
  • Founder

Posted 01 November 2017 - 19:22

I don't see much of a problem honestly, technically apart from the plane itself we don't have any italian assets in the game. Moreover I would not be surprised that in the new career we will not have some of the Romanians squadrons using the Bf-109 E-7 in the Stalingrad area... Part of the map during the careers technically would already also require romanian assets (same for the italian ones).

If it's not coming it's more because of budget/schedule reason than anything else. Let's wait for the G-6/FN preorders for now :)

I don't recall having said there was a problem - I only rephrased what Luke said and reciprocated it back to him.

Don't need to explain resources/budgeting/scheduling to me... I'm aware... And many of us have been waiting for news on the introduction of the IAR a lot longer than we have for the G-6.

Edited by Space_Ghost, 01 November 2017 - 19:48.

"It's very "Loft'esque" though in it's "get everyone mad at you" quality." - Gambit21

#86 BorysVorobyov

BorysVorobyov

Posted 01 November 2017 - 19:47

I don't think there are American or British pilot models and voices either. That stuff can always be fleshed out later.

I really hope the plans for the future being discussed in the last DD could be a break between BoK and BoMidway to make a few more collector planes or a package of planes to fill out the eastern front set a little more before leaving for the warm sun and cruise ships of the Pacific.

I would bet IAR would be on top of the list of axis fighters.

#87 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 01 November 2017 - 20:09

Very true. I was just thinking that, when compared side-by-side, the Romanians had a more sizeable presence in the air in the East than the Italians (and even more so when comparing the IAR 80 to the MC 202), so it would be more justification to add more than just the IAR 80 itself. 

I don't think there are American or British pilot models and voices either. That stuff can always be fleshed out later.

What in the world does that have to to with the maps and planes we have right now?  :unsure:

#88 BorysVorobyov

BorysVorobyov

Posted 01 November 2017 - 20:40

What in the world does that have to to with the maps and planes we have right now? :unsure:

Just as much as not having Italian pilots and voices has to do with it?

We have Italian plane without dedicated pilot models and voices.

We also have American and British planes without the dedicated pilots and voices.

I'm just saying it wouldn't be a stretch to get the IAR first and use German pilot and voice in the meantime.

#89 Alexmarine28

Alexmarine28

Posted 01 November 2017 - 23:12

I don't recall having said there was a problem - I only rephrased what Luke said and reciprocated it back to him.

Probably I misjudged the meaning of your post (and phrased mine badly). My bad :)

Edited by Alexmarine28, 01 November 2017 - 23:13.

#90 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 02 November 2017 - 02:16

Just as much as not having Italian pilots and voices has to do with it?

We have Italian plane without dedicated pilot models and voices.

We also have American and British planes without the dedicated pilots and voices.

I'm just saying it wouldn't be a stretch to get the IAR first and use German pilot and voice in the meantime.

You apparently aren't getting it. British and American voices aren't needed, because obviously the game isn't simulating a theater where said pilots flew. Big difference between that and the IAR 80.

#91 sniperton

sniperton

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:40

We already have German planes which were historically flown by Romanian or Hungarian pilots (hence the official skins for them).

Unfortunately creating voicepacks is way more difficult for BoX than it was for 1946.

When we come to the Pacific, the devs will have to create an American and a Japanese voicepack, but I doubt that we'll get anything else any sooner.

Edited by sniperton, 02 November 2017 - 14:36.

#92 BlitzPig_EL

BlitzPig_EL

Posted 02 November 2017 - 16:20

I just hope the Japanese voice overs are really speaking Japanese, not the "fake" Japanese that was used originally in IL2.

8wxp.jpg

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov

#93 sniperton

sniperton

Posted 02 November 2017 - 17:13

Never noticed, for me it was all Greek. I understand that voicepacks are important for immersion, but the more authentic-sounding they are, the more perplexing they can be for non-native speakers. For me the British voicepack was harder to understand than the Italian one, although my English is significantly better than my Italian. The result was that I had to read what the heck was spoken about, just as you should read a translation if the voice comm were all Romanian or Hungarian. For the same reason I used to replace the Japanese voicepack with the German one, since the Japanese talk (fake or not) didn't make any sense for me. :unsure:

#94 BorysVorobyov

BorysVorobyov

Posted 02 November 2017 - 19:58

You apparently aren't getting it. British and American voices aren't needed, because obviously the game isn't simulating a theater where said pilots flew. Big difference between that and the IAR 80.

Were there not British fighter units in Russia training the Russians on British planes?

[edited]

7. Comments containing profanity, personal insults, accusations of cheating, excessive rudeness, vulgarity, drug propaganda, political and religious discussion and propaganda, all manifestations of Nazism and racist statements, calls to overthrow governments by force, inciting ethnic hatred, humiliation of persons of a particular gender, sexual orientation or religion are not allowed and will result in a ban.
Violations of this rule will result in the following:

First offense - 3 days ban on entry

Edited by SYN_Haashashin, 04 November 2017 - 13:15.

#95 Ghost666

Ghost666

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:28

Just a thought, do we lose immersion when you can't understand the air controller or even your wing man. It would seem that for immersion it would be better to listen to a audio signal then to have to read it. 

#96 6./ZG26_Klaus-Mann

6./ZG26_Klaus-Mann
  • Tester

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:48

So far on these Forums only one Character has stormed into my our TS and yelled at us, calling us Vulchers, F-Words, Jews, A-Word as well as People of Blackness.

And so far only one Person has discontinued it's affiliation with us, after we were Putin things all the politically incorrect ways, especially we were Putin Putin everywhere.

Apart from that

Es geht hier ja nicht um nichts, hier geht's ums Prinzip! (Without Life, we'd be dead)

9dNzTpe.jpg
                          2iW21Np.jpg

#97 I./ZG1_Panzerbar

I./ZG1_Panzerbar
  • Tester

Posted 03 November 2017 - 13:59

Were there not British fighter units in Russia training the Russians on British planes?

http://lend-lease.ai...canes/index.htm

RAF pilots of 151 Fighter Wing flew over USSR and claimed some victories. But their presence on Eastern Front was very short (only autumn 1941). 

ETlXp.png
Messerschmitt Bf110F-2 supporter

Живео Србиjа! Руси и Срби заувек заjедно!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users