Sign in to follow this  
Jaws2002

Gorgeous IAR-81C Work in progress...

Hold your horses. It's not for Battle of Stalingrad. It's for War Thunder. :P

None the less, it's the most accurate 3d representation of the real aircraft in a game. EVER!

It's a third party project, done by a really talented Russian modeler, NovA29R, who did the TA-154, that was just released in the game. 

I wish we had one in this game. It played it's part at Stalingrad.   :(  

Here are some screenshots and a link to a 3d viewer of the model in it's recent state:

3d viewer:

https://sketchfab.com/models/add0f952e7cc48f3b8a04c009468e25a

and some shots.

r0142.jpgwindows 7 screenshot

r0154.pngpicture sharing 

r0140.jpg

r0143.jpg

r0145.jpg

r0149.jpg

r0151.png

r0152.png

r0153.png

Edited by Jaws2002
  • Upvote 1

Very nice work. Romanian airforce is indeed missing in this game. I would buy it as collectors plane immediately.

• Upvote 2

It is a 'unique' looking aircraft.

Almost looks more like a racing plane.

I know. In the original Il-2 i had two skins for it impersonating the Hughes H1 Racer. That 3d model was so messed up, it looked like a 2/4. This one is drop dead gorgeous.

The IAR-80/81, while at first glance looks simple had a pretty complicated shape, that is hard to get right without good blueprints and a good modeler. 

Nova did an amazing job on it so far. 

I just fool around with the tanks in War thunder, but I'll get this one as soon as it's released.

I know. In the original Il-2 i had two skins for it impersonating the Hughes H1 Racer. That 3d model was so messed up, it looked like a 2/4. This one is drop dead gorgeous.

The IAR-80/81, while at first glance looks simple had a pretty complicated shape, that is hard to get right without good blueprints and a good modeler.

Nova did an amazing job on it so far.

I just fool around with the tanks in War thunder, but I'll get this one as soon as it's released.

My initial reaction was to dislike it, but I took a second look and realized that it's actually quite simplistic and elegant. I rather like looking at it but I'll stick to my 109 for fighting Edited by 5./JG26_Dots

Not much competition out there for the "Most accurate 3d representation of the real aircraft in a game ever"

Does look nice though

Once the Odessa map is finished, a IAR 80/81 collectors plane might be a good idea to bring in some extra cash. Maybe together with the I-153?

Yeah. It would work great with the Odessa map, but if i remember correctly that one is just a side project. I doubt they'll make any planes with it.  

War thunder,now, allows player made aircraft in the game, as premium, if they are really good. They share the revenue generated by the plane with the modeler. That's how Nova's Ta-154 got in the game. This way, the IAR has a very good chance to get in, instead of waiting for the company to make it. They usually have their own priorities.

The work on the cockpit is pretty far ahead too.

You can check the progress here:

http://live.warthunder.com/user/NovA29R/

r0113.jpgscreenshot windows 7

Edited by Jaws2002

Nice to see it's getting some love over at WT, but 'Gorgeous?'... not yet... I may alter that opinion as it gets some meat on the bone.

Nice to see it's getting some love over at WT, but 'Gorgeous?'... not yet... I may alter that opinion as it gets some meat on the bone.

I think it's a pretty huge leap forward from the one we had in the old il2:

profile1123.jpg

profile1241.jpg

Beautiful plane for sure !! I have always thought if Mr Corsair and Ms Zero ended up falling in love and having some kiddie planes --this would be Jr ( ;) ) 

cheers -sf-

It's a shame it'll just fall into the category of another plane in the way to jets.

Because that's how WT works.

That is, unless they make it a premium, in which it would probably be somewhat of a unicorn?

That is... If they even introduce it into the game...

It's a shame it'll just fall into the category of another plane in the way to jets.

That is, unless they make it a premium, in which it would probably be somewhat of a unicorn?

It's going to be added as premium. It's made by a player, not by Gajin. 

People asked for the IAR-80/81 in that game for a long time, but Gajin has their hands full with other big projects. With the new system, players can make models now and if they pass the requirements, they are added in the game as premium and Gajin shares the revenue generated with the modeler.

NovA29R already had one plane introduced in the game, the Ta-154, so there's good chance this one will get in as well. 

This is a very detailed model for Warthunder standards. Remember, that game was started with old Il-2 models.

And the thing with the mixing of ww2 and post ww2 hardware, I got around that by using profiles with only older planes or tanks, so i don't meet Korean war jets. 

Edited by Jaws2002

It's going to be added as premium. It's made by a player, not by Gajin. 

People asked for the IAR-80/81 in that game for a long time, but Gajin has their hands full with other big projects. With the new system, players can make models now and if they pass the requirements, they are added in the game as premium and Gajin shares the revenue generated with the modeler.

NovA29R already had one plane introduced in the game, the Ta-154, so there's good chance this one will get in as well. 

This is a very detailed model for Warthunder standards. Remember, that game was started with old Il-2 models.

And the thing with the mixing of ww2 and post ww2 hardware, I got around that by using profiles with only older planes or tanks, so i don't meet Korean war jets. 

You mean 3d models??? Haha! No, not really. I know you're not supposed to, but I'll quote Wikipedia anyway. On the development of WT: "development of the game as World of Planes began in 2009. Gaijin Entertainment used its experience with its previous flight games such as IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey, Apache: Air Assault, and Birds of Steel"

Birds of Steel??? That's that game they pulled resources from. It was released in NA on December 25, 2009. SO. Assuming all is correct, that would mean that Giajin took resources directly from a game that wasn't a year old to start developing their new one. Them models aren't so old now, eh??

And I think you may have misunderstood what I said about another plane in the way of jets; what I meant was that a lot of the players just go up the tree, playing through what they need to to get to jets, making new planes (depending on what tier) just another road block to whatever their end goal is.

I think Birds of Prey got Il-2 planes. 

I understand what you mean about the grinding for jets, but many players revert back to earlier aircraft. I do that with the tanks. Rarely ever drive anything postwar.

No War Thunder never used old IL-2 models. That is a fallacy. They only used some FM tech.

Jason

Thanks for clearing that out. I had it wrong all this years.  :lol:

This little plane is coming out really nice. Looks like today it got a pair of rockets. :)

r0155.png
Edited by Jaws2002

I've looked at the different variants of this aircraft, but can't find any info on a version that was equipped with those rockets.... 

I've looked at the different variants of this aircraft, but can't find any info on a version that was equipped with those rockets.... 

It was tested on the IAR-81C with serial number 429. No info if it was used in combat or not.

20170128_180122.pngimage free hosting

It really was a pretty aircraft.

The canopy, especially, is really neat looking, quite modern.

Yes. For 1940 it was very good looking and offered great visibility, but there were problems with it. It was placed very far back and that long nose block the visibility during take off and landing. Another weak point was that during crash landings, if the rails the canopy slid on bent, it couldn't be open. Starting with the airframe  #243 the canopy was fitted with a pneumatic ram to force it open in case of an emergency. 

Edited by Jaws2002

WT is nothing like WOT. First of all you keep all your airplanes, so you can fly it all you want. I have jets and mostly fly P-51D because i like the plane and do not care about the jets. Not to mention that the most crowded tier is T3.

Planes in WT do not fall into the category you proposed, until you as a player create it yourself.

My grind stopped at P-51D.

Edited by =LD=Solty