Sturmnoob

Wings Over the Reich - WWII Flight Sim - New website is up

Want to pick this up here soon. Looks really fun, been dying for some awesome singleplayer.

• Upvote 2

Me too!  Have a look at this fine thread if you haven't seen it already.  I'm very tempted to try my luck as well.  :)

Posted (edited)

Bought the game and can't even play it haha. The key mapper doesn't like sliders assigning to axis so my rudder pedals are completely useless. The way they work with this pos flight pack from thrustmaster means the rudder is actually a slider and not an axis, the target software is incredibly insane, it only has like 8 axis you can assign that conflict with the joystick. So I can't even use my rudder pedals which work fine in literally every other game. Well besides Elite cause they have no ability to add curves to anything.

Pretty bummed about that.

Trying to get target working, it's not a very use friendly piece of software, lets you assign axis, then makes you reprogram every single god dang button back to working order. So ridiculous. F you thrustmaster you cheap bastards. They don't include the adapter that lets you connect the pedals as a single unit when you buy the whole pack, it connects to the throttle giving me the complications I am having. So when you buy the bundle you get screwed. What a great way to treat your customers.

Got it working, my god I haven't spent this much time setting up a game since the early 2000's. Pretty interesting. Makes DCS look quaint.

Games pretty freaking sweet though, this aint BOX, or even CLOD, it's got some serious soul though.

Edited by JonRedcorn
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JonRedcorn said:

Bought the game and can't even play it haha. The key mapper doesn't like sliders assigning to axis so my rudder pedals are completely useless. The way they work with this pos flight pack from thrustmaster means the rudder is actually a slider and not an axis, the target software is incredibly insane, it only has like 8 axis you can assign that conflict with the joystick. So I can't even use my rudder pedals which work fine in literally every other game. Well besides Elite cause they have no ability to add curves to anything.

Pretty bummed about that.

Trying to get target working, it's not a very use friendly piece of software, lets you assign axis, then makes you reprogram every single god dang button back to working order. So ridiculous. F you thrustmaster you cheap bastards. They don't include the adapter that lets you connect the pedals as a single unit when you buy the whole pack, it connects to the throttle giving me the complications I am having. So when you buy the bundle you get screwed. What a great way to treat your customers.

Got it working, my god I haven't spent this much time setting up a game since the early 2000's. Pretty interesting. Makes DCS look quaint.

Games pretty freaking sweet though, this aint BOX, or even CLOD, it's got some serious soul though.

Use that little adapter thing that came with the FCS rudder pedals to plug it in directly as USB - this will allow it to be recognized as an axis.

Do not plug it in through the throttle, or else it will be recognized as a slider.

1 hour ago, Tuesday said:

Use that little adapter thing that came with the FCS rudder pedals to plug it in directly as USB - this will allow it to be recognized as an axis.

Do not plug it in through the throttle, or else it will be recognized as a slider.

That's the issue, the flight pack with all 3 parts doesn't come with the adapter, cheap sob's.

Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2019 at 7:15 PM, JonRedcorn said:

It is strange how some people have a time setting up their Hotas with WOTR. I didn't have any problem, but I have read that a few have.  Good man for sticking it out seeing it through to get you pedals working JonRedcorn. Your  comment above is so true Sir. There are more modern(directx 11) sims and there are more polygons in most of the new CFSs and some of the newer Sims may have a wider band of FM parameters they can implement, but WOTR has a lot of soul. Don't get me wrong here, many say this is based of the CFS3 engine so it is x amount of years old and it can't be any good. Well the fact of the matter is that the boys at OBD have just about completely rewritten WOTRs engine to take advantage of better technology and created quite a CBF Sim. From my understanding there are 2 guys cranking out this little power house, and be sure of this, they Love making CBF Sims and work very hard at it.  I have started doing some testing with their work in my spare time and they are on the ball with many improvements and fixes for previous problems. I am amazed how they resolve problems and implement new suggestions into the big picture of what they are doing. These guys are serious about taking WOTR into "The Battle of France" and beyond. The weather is amazing in this sims 90% of the time. Sometimes you can fly on top of it and it will grey out, but again 90% of the time WOTR has a better sky box and clouds/weather than any sim available right now. WOTR has the best AI of any sim out right now accept maybe BOB II WOV.  I haven't tried BOB II WOV yet as I just bought it 3 weeks ago, but is sitting right here on my desk staring at me wondering when I am going to install it. 33lima over on SimHQ is authoring an awesome AAR for this title that I have been reading with great interest, so at his urging through his AAR I finally purchased it. Shameless Plug here --->33lima BOB II WOV pic thread that turns into a very good AAR as you read into it! Anyway . 

Again, WOTR has the best AI of any CBF Sim out right now. It is very adjustable for very lite,lite,medium and heavy air activity so even if you run an older rig like mine it still runs good(60Fps on a 60hz 2560x1440 monitor). The AI fighting is over the top sometimes and then other times you run into rookie AI and it is a turkey shoot. It is so nice to sometimes just sneak up on an AI and blast them and then the next minute his Flight leader might be forcing you to pull every move in the book just to shake him. Just the other night I sent this to Pol(one of the OBD Devs).

"Pol the Haze is amazing, 1 day clear and can see for miles, next hazy limited distance. Love it. Clouds, best in the business when not right on top of them which isn't to often. Superb! I really Love formation flying as it is very challenging and most peeps probably FF through that, their loss. The in Campaign fight with the 109 was one of THE BEST I have ever had in a flight sim. Ai 109 did scissors, tried to out climb me, split "s"ed away at 12,000'(1st time I ever saw that), tried to dive and run and then I finished him and he slowly smoke trailed down to the left until explosive impact. Awesome! winkngrin Spitty, Superb. "

This is the kind of combat that bears WOTR's soul that JonRedcorn has mentioned in his post.  Anyone who writes this CBF Sim off because it based on CFS3 doesn't know what they are talking about. If you like Single Player Campaigns and have any interest in the BOB, then this is one CBF Sim that should be in your library. I still love BOX, CLOD and IL2 1946, but WOTR is nothing to sneeze at. I am quite enthralled with it right now.;)

S!Blade<><

The Spitty is coming soon to WOTR Battle of Britain!

aeVru4j.png

R1H7FvO.png

tLJ9Ciy.png

Don't forget you can fly for the Axis also in the BF109 e4

Spoiler

R3qSE3d.png

47DiSFg.png

Spoiler

cD8WP7a.png

Edited by BladeMeister
needed
  • Upvote 1

just curious on your thoughts about Rowans BoBII expension pack,  as the campaign mode should be rather good. 

One thing I still can remember from BOBII it was the, not so good graphics from the planes.  I did stop in exploiring this WW2 game wayback in 2009 as OFF3 was being released in january 

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42

I still follow OBD at the forum as I think the products are great, only it is not very crowded at Simhq. While most WOTR are very pleased, I still think it has sales problems as there are so many alternative FREE expension packs  like for IL2-1946, CFS3, BOBII and Clod. I know every WW2 Combat flysimmer does have all or most of them in a DVD on the shelf. 

I still think the only way to get out of this, “why paying” dilemma, is to go into a different direction that none of the games above does have. One unique selling point could be VR. 

Let's not go off topic guys,this thread is about WOTR not swastikas,I believe that subject as been done to death.

Luke mentioned the pictures and Blade has adjusted accordingly..please guys lets not get the thread locked by talking about what should or should not be allowed. 1C/777 ask NOT to post pics with swastikas unless hidden,they very kindly allow us to post about other games/sims in this free subject section..there house their rules,which I Personnally have no problem with. I applaud them for allowing a free subject thread where people can give others a heads up regarding different games/sims. Nice one 1C/777 studios.

• Upvote 4

Posted (edited)
On 4/7/2019 at 7:02 AM, Adger said:

Let's not go off topic guys,this thread is about WOTR not swastikas,I believe that subject as been done to death.

Luke mentioned the pictures and Blade has adjusted accordingly..please guys lets not get the thread locked by talking about what should or should not be allowed. 1C/777 ask NOT to post pics with swastikas unless hidden,they very kindly allow us to post about other games/sims in this free subject section..there house their rules,which I Personnally have no problem with. I applaud them for allowing a free subject thread where people can give others a heads up regarding different games/sims. Nice one 1C/777 studios.

Please guys give it a rest. I made an honest mistake, I forgot the rule, Luke brought it to my attention in his normal sarcastic DB type comment, and I fixed it.    This is 1C's site and they make the rules. I respect that and am thankful that we are even allowed to have a Free Topic Thread. Moving right along...---> Only 4+ a little bit days until someone wins a copy of WOTR! Sign up here.

FREE WOTR Giveaway on ATAG Forums

WOOT! WOOOOT!

S!Blade<><

Edited by BladeMeister
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Victory claim has been lodged.  Hopefully it get approved by the ministry. :)

Ok Gents  \Hawk/ from over at ATAG Forums won the free copy of WOTR.

WWWOOOTTTT  WWWOOOTTT!  Congradulations to \Hawk/ !

S!Blade<><

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3