Sturmnoob

Wings Over the Reich - WWII Flight Sim - New website is up

32 minutes ago, Dogbert1953 said:

It's all money though BM, buddy.

I live on State Pension, so not exactly rolling in money. 😂

Haunting me already hahahahaha.

I am new to all this flightsim stuff. I thought ROF was the one to have.

Then i read on the WOFF that it is rated as the one to have for SP.  😲

Many thanks for the enticing link to CFS3  🤣

Mike.

PMed you mate.

S!Blade<><

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BladeMeister said:

PMed you mate.

S!Blade<><

Read and replied thank you very much BM.  👍

Mike.

Just for the record, that ebay link is for the earlier CFS1, not the required CFS3.  

5 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Just for the record, that ebay link is for the earlier CFS1, not the required CFS3.  

You are right Feathered, I screwed that up. I posted a new link where one can purchase it for 16.95 if you want to be on the up and up.

Again, one does not have to install CFS3 and no serial number nor any of the purchase information is needed or asked for by OBD devs

when you install either WOFF UE or WOTR.  I own it and it is somewhere in my stacks of old games but I have never hunted it down to

get it in hand because there is no need to.

S!Blade<><

• Thanks 1

I deeply whish there will be an real 3D VR version, if only have one VR-plane that would also be fine for me. Only The whole problem, the guy who could could do that, has being stopped. 

4 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

I deeply whish there will be an real 3D VR version, if only have one VR-plane that would also be fine for me. Only The whole problem, the guy who could could do that, has being stopped.  

Wonder why... Care to share more details?

Sorry to say i have gone right off the idea of getting this. After reading the review on the ATAG forum.

Sounded a bit World Of Planes to me, regarding the flying realism.

Mike.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Dogbert1953 said:

regarding the flying realism

I've repeatedly launched a QMB mission in Stalingrad with two red fighter flights scrambling, two blue flights attacking (bombers plus attack fighters). Bombers always drop their bombs at the very beginning of the runway (missing all the stationary targets, completely). Then they circle above the airfield indefinitely. Similarly, attack fighters hit the ground with all their rockets, then they circle above the airfield indefinitely. If the scrambling flights take off (202s), they can barely fly/fight (I'm not going into detail here, what I see every time is just embarassing). If they do not take off, they're never attacked.

So, wait: what is flying realism?

Edited by Picchio
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Nibbio said:

Wonder why... Care to share more details?

it all can be read on the Simouthouse CFS3 forum and WoFF simhq, type in DirectX 11 in the search and you will find it. 

On 2/6/2019 at 9:47 AM, Picchio said:

I've repeatedly launched a QMB mission in Stalingrad with two red fighter flights scrambling, two blue flights attacking (bombers plus attack fighters). Bombers always drop their bombs at the very beginning of the runway (missing all the stationary targets, completely). Then they circle above the airfield indefinitely. Similarly, attack fighters hit the ground with all their rockets, then they circle above the airfield indefinitely. If the scrambling flights take off (202s), they can barely fly/fight (I'm not going into detail here, what I see every time is just embarassing). If they do not take off, they're never attacked.

So, wait: what is flying realism?

Hey, realism is subjective. Some people say BOX is the most realistic, others say it is overly modeled and  to sensitive. Some say CLOD is the best and others say it is to much like flying on rails. Some say that DCS is the most realistic because of complete click able cockpits, others say that doesn't make it like flying a real Warbird using a mouse. Some say WOTR is the Best SP CFS because of the immersive Campaign and the lifelike AI, others say it is old because of being based on CSF3 and DX9. (Just remember that OBD has done an almost complete rewrite of the CFS3 engine from what I understand) Lets face it, there is no perfect Combat Flight Sim yet. If I had my way I would have the graphics of BOX & CLOD grafted together, the FM of CLOD & BOX grafted together, the clickable cockpits of  DCS and the Campaign and AI from WOTR in one Combat Flight Sim. That would be the ultimate for me. When I fly each of my CFSs I just try to enjoy what it does well. If I am having fun in whatever I am flying, that is all that matters. I could care less if someone on a Forum says the Sim I am flying is old or that there are better Sims. I am having fun, that is all that matters. Snapper bought WOTR, he tried it and gave an initial observation and that is awesome, but if all you got out of his right up is " This sim will not appeal to the hardcore simmer in each of us, to be sure" then you missed " So what’s the appeal? Single Player. Someone put a lot of work into researching and creating the squadrons and, from what I can tell at first blush, the Battle of Britain itself ." " You are part of a squadron - complete with a constantly updated logbook - and you don’t want to let your mates down, nor be killed yourself as your hours build up and your kill score grows." " Is it worth $29.95? To me, a definite yes - accepting this sim as a fun Single Player taking you back to The Golden Age of Combat Air Simulators." Snapper mentioned there are a lot of onscreen aids, but just remember, every on screen aid can be turned off so that you are fighting in just the first perspective in the cockpit.  I have never heard anyone say that WOTR is the "Best" new sim released as of late, but it is fun and I think too many people dismiss it because of the CFS3 engine and DX9 association. Again (Just remember that OBD has done an almost complete rewrite of the CFS3 engine from what I understand) There is a lot of FUN to be had in the Campaign and WOTR as a BOB Sim  performs very well, graphically looks good and fly's well on almost any Hotas or just a Stick.   If you just want the latest greatest that is ok, but WOTR is still fun to fly. The planes in WOTR overheat, over rev, flat spin in a bad stall, have the hydraulics shot out so belly landing is a must sometimes, radiator leaks, oil damage, engine seizes.The one other main reason I really like WOFF UE and WOTR is that the DEV team is like 5 people or less, some say just 2. I don't really know the correct number, but the point is these guy must really Love programming CFSs because they have been doing it for ever, and of course since they used 2 of my screenshots on their website. LMAO! Just kidding! I understand a lot of people are watching their spending because the old Dollar is tuff to come by these day, but for those who can afford to, and Love a Good Single Player Campaign with a challenging AI, these guys at OBD deserve the support of the Flight Sim Community for having the Love of producing WOTR and holding up their little  part of the Combat Flight Sim niche. The more Devs producing Combat Flight Sims the better in my book. I still say at 29.99, WOTR is a steal.

Edit: I forgot, Snapper, one of the Mods on ATAG Forums created a full fledged WOTR thread on the ATAG Forums. Here is the link, would love to see some traffic over there and here what people think or have question about referencing to WOTR. S! Thanks Snapper.

Edit II: It has been brought to my attention that you will have to register at ATAG's Forum to be able to see the new WOTR thread. ATAG has a great bunch of people on there Forums so it should be useful For any Combat Flight Enthusiast to read info about multiple Sims that are discussed over there. Cheers!

WOTR designated thread on ATAG Forums

S!Blade<><

Spoiler

iyPgUsz.png

ayEqbK1.png

yP07ri8.png

Spoiler

vFztGgh.png

ox9iMwY.png

Edited by BladeMeister
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Thanks for sharing BladeMeister.  I appreciate the write up on the various CFSs and the screen shots as well...

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Wanderer37 said:

Thanks for sharing BladeMeister.  I appreciate the write up on the various CFSs and the screen shots as well...

My Pleasure Sir. I Love running my mouth, I mean sharing my experiences with Flight Sims and I Love taking and sharing the awesome pics that can be taken in WOTR.

S!Blade<><

4 hours ago, BladeMeister said:

Hey, realism is subjective.

I strongly disagree with this principle, but other than that I share your view of WOTR - I love it for the same reasons :happy:

My problem is i am new to all this flightsim stuff. So after buying Box, i am now thrashing around aimlessly looking for all the other goodies i might like.

For me ROF is good for WW1 but i am not keen on the old graphics.

BoX has decent graphics and seems realistic for flying. But i am not a huge fan of the Eastern Front.

WOTR to my mind as reviewed sounds below the standards of Box & CLOD graphics wise.

Taking off and landing if i remember correctly is described as simplistic.

No clickable cockpits, which i absolutely loved in CLOD and was disappointed BoX is not the same.

Might only be mouse clicking, but it is replicating the human hand. Which is far more realistic than punching keys.

Realism is subjective, it means different things to different people.

Mike.

If you're looking for technical accuracy in graphics and flight model, then sure: WOTR is off your list.

• Thanks 1

Call me old fashioned but give me gameplay over graphics any day. I agree with Blades post completely (Great post pal).

I own ROF with a load of planes and still fire her up occasionally. Also the box series which again I fire up occasionally. And I enjoy the "feeling" of flight it's second to none.

1C/777 are going in the right direction regarding their SP fixes. The career mode is a really good addition and their seemingly patch by patch improving the Ai. It IMO still falls way short of OBD,S Ai in WOFF and WOTR. For my SP fix these 2 sims are my go to..every single time.

il continue to support both Dev teams IF I believe they continue to improve their products going forward. The FM,and DM is very well done in BOX but for SP I still find the Ai really very poor at times. Also like Trooper mentioned WOFF/WOTR is absolutely nothing like World of planes.

I enjoy all the sims for different reasons but for the SP experience OBD,S sims win hands down in my personal opinion.

Some of the best dogfights in my 30 years of gaming have come courtesy of OBD,S sims.

For anybody interested I recommend you have a nosy over on the DID reports (WOFF) and the combat reports/ Rick Rawlings challenge (WOTR) at SimHq. Some great reports/stories over there

Again I enjoy all the sims for different reasons,and in a gaming world dominated by Call of dutys,RPG,S and bloody Fortnite :biggrin: I look forward in anticipation to new flight sims.

Have a great day everyone and fly safe.

Edited by Adger
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

You can get off my back now boys. 😄

I just purchased WOFF UE & WOTR.

So if they are no good, i will come back and haunt the lot of you. 🤣

It will be bread and water for me, for the next 2 weeks. :P

Mike.

Edited by Dogbert1953
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Dogbert1953 said:

You can get off my back now boys. 😄

I just purchased WOFF UE & WOTR.

So if they are no good, i will come back and haunt the lot of you. 🤣

It will be bread and water for me, for the next 2 weeks. :P

Mike.

Great news pal,I sincerely hope your not disappointed. Don't forget the free skins download from WOFFS download page,make sure you have plenty of HD space,you will then see more historical skins not only with your squadmates but enemy craft aswell. Make sure you patch both sims to the latest version aswell.

Then ...Check out WOFFS mod pages. JJJ,S mission editor is a must. Also the airfields mod,Bombsight mods..in fact there's loads of excellent mods that make the sim even better. Ask any of the guys over there they really are a great bunch and any questions regarding mods,tips etc will be warmly addressed. The vast majority of mods are JSGME compatible so there very easy to install.

WOTR doesn't have too much in the way of mods atm..Chief has made a few which are excellent,and Robert Wiggins is working on the Spit skins for the upcoming "Free" Spitfire. Has WOTR phases progress I'm certain more mods,skins etc will become available.

Has mentioned by others the feeling of flight isn't the same as the ROF/BOX series but..the "immersion" of the campaign and AI more than makes up for it,you actually start caring about your fellow squadmates,you want your wingman to make it home. You can get random failures so can your squadmates,it can get real hairy up there sometimes. Come up against an ace in WOFF and WOTR and your in for one hell of a fight.

Have fun with all your sims Dogbert..best of luck pal.

Edited by Adger
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi @Adger many thanks for taking the time to reply buddy.

I do joke about a lot, i have to just to keep going.

But to everyone on the forum that has helped, given info freely and generally encouraged me.

I thank each and everyone one of you. 👍

Both sims are now installed and patched to the latest versions thank you.

I saw something about mods and extra skins. So i will go back for those later Adger, thanks buddy.

Do you know is WOFF UE  is an ongoing project and still in development. The same as WOTR is and has plans for the future.

Lovely to see in WOTR that they have actually included the airfields in South & West Wales, unlike CLOD.

Carew is local to my area and Pembrey is a bit further east.

Going to see if Re-shade works with both games in a bit. Just to add a bit of sparkle to the graphics.  😉

Thanks again for your help and advice, always appreciated.

Mike.

• Thanks 1

Your welcome Dogbert.

WOFFUE I believe is still having some future plans. Polovski (one of the Devs) posted only yesterday regarding this. But for the moment the 80 flyables should keep you busy :biggrin:

WOTR is phase 1,I believe phase 2 continues over France and finally going into the Reich.

Im not sure about Reshade but SweetFx definitely works with WOFF,there's a preset on the mod page.

Havent tried SweetFx yet with WOTR mate.

What I will say is this..OBD listen to their community they keep improving all the time,something not right? They patch.

All the very best pal.

• Thanks 1

Thanks again Adger, yup was just asking about future for WOFF. 80 aircraft is enough for any fool that cannot fly. 🤣

WOTR says on website free upgrade to France, but then it is crossed out.

I will have a look on the Re-shade site in the games list and presets, thank you buddy.

OBD, is that really Old Black Dog i think i read that. Cool company name if yes. :good:

Great when the developers listen to the customers.

I have been running various train simulators, for over 17 years and they never listen.

Much appreciate your input again buddy.

EDIT:

Re-shade does work with WOFF UE, have to point it at the WOFF.exe file, not the CFS3.exe file.

I am using the ini file i used with BoX, which in turn is a modded one i used with the trainsims.

CFS3-2019-02-07-18-10-58.png

CFS3-2019-02-07-18-12-21.png

Mike.

Edited by Dogbert1953
  • Upvote 2

Old Brown Dog is what OBD stands for pal. They've been around for quite a while.

I belive they 1st started out working on the ETO mod for MSCFS3. They then went WW1 with OFF P1. And P2. Both free I believe.

OFF P3 (Over Flanders fields phase 3) came next with the addon Hat in the Ring.

Then WOFF in different phrases and now WOFFUE ..these guys know CFS3 like the back of their hands. Their attention to historical accuracy is second to none.

Not too sure about France being free Dogbert I believe the Spit is pal actually from the store page

"A major item in the works for a future release is the flyable Spitfire MKIa ! But that is not all…We hope to bring the Battle for France - a whole new campaign to fly in! We are planning to release these as FREE updates or addons at a future date. (Details TBC and subject to change)"

Wow I'm glad Reshade works pal, F5 I believe turns your hud of if not needed aswell..Not sure if you use Trackir I couldn't fly another sim without it. There's cheaper head tracking options available and both the Box,ROF and OBD,S sims are much better for it.

Have fun pal and keep checking your six..WOFF and WOTR takes no prisoners :good:

Edit: Back up your zip downloads pal. Either onto an external HD or a sub stick or a second drive. The links don't last forever. Also write down your order numbers that's required when you 1st startup the sims.

Edited by Adger
  • Thanks 1

Oh yes Adger, brown not black. Still a good name though, don't you think. 😉

Yes i read somewhere that OFF was originally a mod for CFS3, which is why it is needed to satisfy the licencing laws.

Battle of France campaign may be free then not the next phase of the game. I got a head and memory, like a leaky bucket Adger. 🤣

Just had a fly of WOTR from Carew Cheriton heading over where i live, but the village is not modelled.

There is a town which i would guess is Haverfordwest and the Chain Home masts are in roughly the right place. :good:

TrackIR is a deffo to get after i save for it. No more buying games, aircraft etc. Untill i get it, as you rightly say i really need IR for a bit of added immersion.

Ok on the backup's thank you Adger, i have 3x hdd in the PC, SSD for Op Sys and games and two old spinners for storage.

Many thanks again for all your further help and info.

Mike.

• Thanks 1

Er, the map is not very accurate... it does not give you any proper representation of main features like rivers, lakes, etc to help you navigate.

The coastline that you see when flying for instance, does not properly match up to the map either...

There is however work being done to remedy the situation somewhat in the modding community.

But you will never get a map that you would recognise that is going to match up to real life sadly.

• Upvote 1

Not good Trooper117, thought i might see my house.

Even though it wasn't built untill 1950.  🤣

I wouldn't expect anything to be spot on in the game buddy.

I am just pleased that the local airfileds are modelled.

Unlike CLOD which depicts the BoB as solely a S.E. England operation.

Thanks very much for replying.

Mike.

Thanks for the heads up regarding Reshade Dogbert..ive got my preset working with WOTR and WOFFUE (showing Arthur Gould Lee skin)

1st pic on 2nd off thanks pal

CFS3 2019-02-08 00-39-09.jpg

CFS3 2019-02-08 00-39-19.jpg

CFS3 2019-02-08 01-08-28.jpg

CFS3 2019-02-08 01-08-34.jpg

CFS3 2019-02-08 01-13-21.jpg

CFS3 2019-02-08 01-13-26.jpg

Edited by Adger

17 hours ago, Picchio said:

I strongly disagree with this principle, but other than that I share your view of WOTR - I love it for the same reasons :happy:

Here is where I am coming from Mate. First, I respect that we may disagree here, no problem. If you ask an actual Pilot in the real world, the first thing they will all tell you is that every Flight Sim is not realistic at all because you experience no "seat of the pants feeling" of flying. Think gravity. So if we are flying an unrealistic sim to start with, then it is going to be subjected to my perception as to how "realistic" it feels to sit in my chair and fly it.  Although I have flown  a 1941 Stearman dual control  2 seater  and then had the real pilot do aerobatics, full loop, wing over, barrel roll, immelman and split S, then I felt sick, LMAO, I still have no actual experience of dog fighting any plane. I say that to say this, so I have no real world experience to base my perception of realism in flying a combat flight sim. So, when I fly my sims they are subjected to how I perceive them to be in real life but are based on no practical real world experience. Though they might be close, your perception as to how a sim should behave and compares to real world and my perception of the same sim and a real world pilots perception of the same sim,  will never be the same.  Realism is subjective to our expectations of how we think it should be and the information we read telling us how it should be.

Isn't that amazing how I got all of that into this little sentence???  " Hey, realism is subjective ":lol:

S!Blade<><

8 hours ago, Adger said:

Old Brown Dog is what OBD stands for pal. They've been around for quite a while.

I belive they 1st started out working on the ETO mod for MSCFS3. They then went WW1 with OFF P1. And P2. Both free I believe.

I thought, and have been calling OBD -->>> Old Bird Dog  ????     Is it really Old Brown Dog  ????   LOL if so, I have been identifying them wrong all along.

S!Blade<><

Edit: Got it researched, you are correct Adger. LOL dumb ass me, DUH!!

Edited by BladeMeister
  • Like 1

Lovely pics Adger, very pleased to see you have Re-shade working buddy.

My ini file preset is a bit brighter.

CFS3-2019-02-08-00-00-56.png

CFS3-2019-02-08-00-01-05.png

CFS3-2019-02-08-00-01-29.png

Mike.

Edited by Dogbert1953

10 hours ago, BladeMeister said:

I thought, and have been calling OBD -->>> Old Bird Dog  ????     Is it really Old Brown Dog  ????   LOL if so, I have been identifying them wrong all along.

S!Blade<><

Edit: Got it researched, you are correct Adger. LOL dumb ass me, DUH!!

Haha nearly right Blade,yep old brown dog..which is the dog that turns his head to the cat meow when OBD,S sims load up. :biggrin:

@Dogbert1953 nice preset pal,yeah Reshade all working good here. Enjoy mate.

Edited by Adger

@Adger

Hands off and heading for somewhere in France. Lot easier to trim the Hurricane, than in CLOD.

Which is a good thing for me.  😂

CFS3-2019-02-08-12-57-38.png

CFS3-2019-02-08-12-57-44.png

Mike.

Alright, Polovski from OBD, that is Old Brown Dog, figured out a way for me to actually make the giveaway possible.
So,

The official WOTR giveaway registration begins tomorrow, 02/09/2019my Birthday, Wahoo!th_dblthumb2.gif and will end on 02/23/2019 and I will draw the lucky winners

name on 02/24/2019!

Please let anyone you might know that would be interested in participating to sign up.

If you want to enter for the giveaway you have to register with ATAG Forums. If you do not, you will not be able to see the WOTR thread period. It is what it is!

1 Free Copy of Wings Over The Reich Giveaway!

S!Blade<><

ndvD0JJ.png

Edited by BladeMeister
  • Like 1

This is a very good action, sure if I did not have an VR HS, I would have join, only right now that would only collecting dust like all the other nonVR sims like Clod, RoF and Woff. 
I do hope it will get a good home. 

Just a reminder that I will be drawing a winner from those whom have entered the Free Give Away of WOTR at the ATAG Forums on Saturday 2/23/19. I have already made the purchase and I will arrange the contact with OBD for the winner to receive the free download of WOTR. Good luck to all who enter!

Free WOTR Give Away on the ATAG Forum

S!Blade<><

4 hours ago, ST_ami7b5 said:

?

He doesn't enjoy the game and wants to tell us about it.

I wouldn't enjoy it either if I used re-shade to make it look like his screenshots.

Dogbert1953 try uninstalling re-shade and then installing Sweet FX into a JSGME installer for both WOTR and WOFF UE.  The ini. file that is installed when you enable it through JSGME is quite good. I have never changed it since I have installed it. Your re-shade ini. is really taking the personality away from the graphics in both.  All credit goes to Bucksnort for adjusting, packaging and sharing this JSGME ready Sweet Fx zip.

JSGME ready Sweet FX for WOTR & WOFF UE      Top right corner: Click "Download" then "Direct" for an easy download.

S!Blade<><

Edited by BladeMeister
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Tuesday said:

He doesn't enjoy the game and wants to tell us about it.

I wouldn't enjoy it either if I used re-shade to make it look like his screenshots.

Hi BM, no offence buddy but Re-shade is not the problem.

I just do not like both games. Just the way i feel sorry.

If there was a way i could gift them both to someone i would.

I did actually remove Re-shade from both the games before i deleted them for good.

So i was running them without it.

As i am now with CLOD, BoX and 1946.

I always appreciate anyone trying to help or advise on this forum.

So many thanks for your reply and the link.  👍

Mike.

On 2/19/2019 at 9:48 PM, BladeMeister said:

Just a reminder that I will be drawing a winner from those whom have entered the Free Give Away of WOTR at the ATAG Forums on Saturday 2/23/19. I have already made the purchase and I will arrange the contact with OBD for the winner to receive the free download of WOTR. Good luck to all who enter!

Free WOTR Give Away on the ATAG Forum

S!Blade<><

Bump! Drawing tomorrow so sign up quick.

Edited by BladeMeister
  • Thanks 1