Sturmnoob

Wings Over the Reich - WWII Flight Sim - New website is up

1 minute ago, Adger said:

Direct link here Alexmarine  https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5555 

The link may help im not sure

If you continue to have issues (its certainly very strange) then post over on the technical side at the official forum pal,somebody over there will definitely sort you out

Tried that too: same results... 😒

Don't worry guys, it is easily just a technical problem on my Windows files not related to the game. I will find the way to repair it :salute:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, meplanes1969 said:

The dx9 files I downloaded from a link,they do not come with the game

They arnt in your

OBDSoftware\WOTR\Toolbox\DX9Redist
folder

Meplanes?

ok but I downloaded them from a link into see them in toolbox

hope you sort it out,hate to see you pay for something and not get it installed.

i am sure someone from the website can help you get going,good luck

• Upvote 1

The combat is something else! Excellent AI, and a very moddable and accessible engine if you want to change sounds, gunsights, etc. 

Don't get me started on that campaign as well, you literally write out claim reports and hope they find the wreckage to confirm it. Nothing else like it.

Anyone knows if game will be released on steam, gog or something like this? Or has contact with devs to ask this question.

45 minutes ago, InProgress said:

Anyone knows if game will be released on steam, gog or something like this? Or has contact with devs to ask this question.

I can't speak 100% for the Dev's but..I don't think so. WOFF UE never has and so I don't think WOTR will be. It's possibly because of the Microsoft CFS3 licensing issues ( your required to own it) but it doesn't ask for it st any time during installation.

That game is tempting  :biggrin: effects are nice

This looks great, and map it's huge:pilot:still looks like game needs a lot of work, funny to watch parachute open instantly after plane being shot down and fall so fast like it's not a parachute but a rock. Really shame it's not on some bigger platform, that would make it waaaay more known and popular.

I love these clamis you have to fill if you shot down something. Would love to see some of this stuff in IL2. Would be cool to get score for shotdown, damaged and probably shot down, for now it's only kills that count.

Edited by InProgress

Is this a new game?
the specs dont look very promising.

Its using graphics tech thats like 16 years old, this game belong on windows XP 😄 lmao..
hence the low FPS also

3 hours ago, Adger said:

I can't speak 100% for the Dev's but..I don't think so. WOFF UE never has and so I don't think WOTR will be. It's possibly because of the Microsoft CFS3 licensing issues ( your required to own it) but it doesn't ask for it st any time during installation.

Kind of weird, if they can sell it online with simple "own CFS3", not even checking if  you have it or something. Then why would not they be able to sell it on digital platforms :mellow:

44 minutes ago, Karamazov said:

And double-unfotunately, BoX AI looks even worse by comparrison now, so it has been a lose-lose situation for me!

I wonder how they got that nice AI while box feels like potato now :lol: even voice acting is really cool, impresive for such a small team.

37 minutes ago, =TBAS=Sshadow14 said:

Its using graphics tech thats like 16 years old, this game belong on windows XP 😄 lmao..

Graphic < gameplay

1 hour ago, Karamazov said:

Unfortunately performance on my system is dire for anything over a quick fighter combat scenario, just not really playable, stuttering and drops to 15fps (I get 70 to 100 on BoX). I guess my processor, being the minimum speed (3.0ghz) is just not up to it (I can run DCS, warthunder, CloD, BoX all ok (limited experince of DCS and WT though).

I don't know what exactly causes performance issues for you, but try reducing graphics settings, especially for the terrain - it is insanely demanding on CPU. Even though it is the game engine from 2002 it doesn't mean you can just set everything to max.

I've been trying multiple times to tell devs that performance, load times and other "quality of life" stuff matters a lot and that not everyone runs the latest i7 with 1080TI and SSD. Unfortunately they keep pushing one things beyond reasonable level while ignoring others which in the end results in a very unbalanced quality. Though I guess this is normal for very small "indie" teams.

Edited by AnKor

I have a lower end pc,but with experimenting with settings now I get good game play,the odd stutter but nothing too spoil the overall enjoyment.

go to the website too get good tips on FPS and stutter

I had quick mission,defend my airfield,had ten Stuka dive bombing,every one attacking different targets,I watched as they all dive bombed ( this kind of AI ha never been so well done in any sim before)

Made some progress: DX 9 installed but now is the main game .exe that crash on start. Screen goes black like it is loading then goes back to desktop like nothing is running. 😐

Well I bought it, and had a look at the control interface and shut it down again . I simply do not want to go there right now. Looks like a complicated way to do it if you have a lot of devices. I will look into it later

Anyone knows if you can get your claim denayed? Like there was no one too see it or something. Or it's just a paper work for fun and you always get a score when shooting someone down anyway.

In WOFF, there were 3 levels of Claim realism (if I recall correctly): 1=Disabled (auto victory), 2=Claim with type and witness required (input data needed and auto victory),

3=Claim with type, witness and location needed. If the location was wrong , or if you selected a witness not part of the flight (or shot down), the claim was denied.

Imagine the frustration when you were separated on your own and killed an enemy ace and failed to get the claim confirmed.

Edited by BB5000
  • Like 1

Bought WOFF but never got into it. The campaign system is great but the key mapping is problematic. A WW2 migration might give me some interest. Looks promising so far for a good SP experience. Waiting for more reviews and combat footage. Also, can we expect more aircraft to come free?

If the control mapping is anything like WoFF, which I found it pretty easy to set up... and believe me, I'm no computer guru in any way shape or form, it shouldn't be too difficult :)

20 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

If the control mapping is anything like WoFF, which I found it pretty easy to set up... and believe me, I'm no computer guru in any way shape or form, it shouldn't be too difficult :)

The control mapping worked fine until I plugged in my new Ravcore Javelin (Gladiator clone). The mapping tool recognizes all buttons and axes, but in-game most buttons won't work..It only maps "Fire" to one of the flap buttons on the joystick base. So I'll guess that I have to pass on WOTR.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, BB5000 said:

The control mapping worked fine until I plugged in my new Ravcore Javelin (Gladiator clone). The mapping tool recognizes all buttons and axes, but in-game most buttons won't work..It only maps "Fire" to one of the flap buttons on the joystick base. So I'll guess that I have to pass on WOTR.

Same thing, couldn't get the fire button on my joy to work. Don't want to fly using the space on keyboard. I thought it was me being an idiot as always.

I'n not even remotely interested in Phase One or the BoB. It's already been covered by multiple sims over the past decade.

That said, for the later releases that are to come featuring different and later parts of the war, will you have to own the initial release to play those or are they going to be individual?

Bought it today - it seems a bit rough and "old" around the edges but this was to be expected I think.

Otherwise I didn't have that much time so I only set up basic controls and did a few quick fights.

First Impression was quite nice - looking forward trying the campaign.

Edited by 9./JG27golani79
Autocorrect

I've got a VKB Gladiator and like others, have had much difficulty trying to get the keybindings to function in game - this is a VKB Gladiator (no info on other VKB products) specific issue, no issues with other joysticks.  Have been trying to help them the best I can by trying some fixes they've conjured up but we haven't found a resolution yet - others have regarding VKB pedals, though. 

If you have the Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle / Pedals, I found you have to have the pedals plugged directly into the PC and not into the throttle, or else it will recognize them as a slider and you cannot bind the rudder to it.  I don't use TARGET but I'm sure you can probably fix it that way, too.

That all said, I really wanted to try the campaign, so I plugged in an old T16000 and gave two missions a whirl; one RAF and one Luftwaffe. 

The graphics might be dated, but the feeling from the missions was great and I actually jumped when I took a hit in a furball.  The AI is really impressive - I was worried it might be like having not tried WoFF, but I don't have a concern at all anymore.  Really looking forward to future additions and aircraft.

What's the FM like? I know it's an old engine but BMS has shown that's no barrier to having an excellent FM. I can live with things looking a bit outdated if the FM is good and the AI is as good as it is in WOFF.

If they fix the VKB Gladiator joy thing I will buy it. Being a singeplayer only game wich focuses on that needs some reward from my part.

1 hour ago, LF_ManuV said:

If they fix the VKB Gladiator joy thing I will buy it. Being a singeplayer only game wich focuses on that needs some reward from my part.

They found a fix for it - was sent to me this morning.  

Very happy!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tuesday said:

They found a fix for it - was sent to me this morning.  

Very happy!

Oh! Nice! If it works I will pull the trigger

Just now, LF_ManuV said:

Oh! Nice! If it works I will pull the trigger

It does work, I can send it to you when I get home from work today!

Just now, Tuesday said:

It does work, I can send it to you when I get home from work today!

Nice! Thank you! 

Great news. One thing I will say about OBD..they care. They'll continue bug testing and will absolutely always try to help people with their various issues. They patch quick and often if required. And even though there's only 2 of them they'll work around the clock to improve this sim

Edited by Adger
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Adger said:

Will any of the posts in this thread here help any of you guys? Especially regarding joystick\pedals

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/390/1/wings-over-the-reich-technical-issues

Thanks a lot for posting this link.

Flew my first career mission today when I realised, my toe brakes were inverted.

Already found a solution among the topics which I'll give a try tomorrow :)

• Upvote 1

They call it released, but really it is an early access release as of now.

There's plenty of content already, but all the AI planes (Spit, Stuka, 110, bombers, etc.) are to be flyable before Phase 2 begins. And it is a single purchase system, you receive all phases and updates into the future.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Adger said:

Great news. One thing I will say about OBD..they care. They'll continue bug testing and will absolutely always try to help people with their various issues. They patch quick and often if required. And even though there's only 2 of them they'll work around the clock to improve this sim

Absolutely.  Cannot stress how fantastic they have been trying to figure out the issue with the Gladiator.  I am seriously impressed by the effort they put into it (especially as they found the solution) - very cool as a customer.

10 hours ago, LF_ManuV said:

Nice! Thank you! 

Sent to you on Discord.

15 hours ago, Lythronax said:

There's plenty of content already, but all the AI planes (Spit, Stuka, 110, bombers, etc.) are to be flyable before Phase 2 begins. And it is a single purchase system, you receive all phases and updates into the future.

Are you sure about that single purchase system? I think what you get for your $35 is what it says i.e. a flyable Hurricane and E-4. If there was going to additional flyables coming online later as part of that price I think they would've said?

27 minutes ago, OrLoK said:

VR support?

Nope. It's DX9 currently so no VR. It's possible DX11 may come in the future. There is a greyed out option in the settings. But I haven't seen any firm promise or date.

I bought it a couple of days ago and it really needs DX11 - even people with beefy rigs have to lower settings or framerates drop to unacceptable levels.