Sturmnoob

Wings Over the Reich - WWII Flight Sim - New website is up

1 minute ago, LF_ManuV said:

I'm interested in a good old SP experience, count me in with this new sim. 😃

Same here... I have used their WoFF (as well as RoF) for my WWI fix and I have not been disappointed with it.

If the career mode is as good as WoFF's it will be well worth having.

• Upvote 1

Some more pics in the spoiler if anyone's interested ..

Spoiler

2.thumb.jpg.169e28235b27cd2e64e84525765893b3.jpg12.thumb.jpg.e75d53cb85562968892037d5a7bd1ec4.jpg11.thumb.jpg.aae187a8eb52af2194b266afeb5aebc9.jpg7.thumb.jpg.57fb95ffab99604020a10b72029575da.jpg6.thumb.jpg.5e9d47bb69e10ee18ae2a553af44a45f.jpg5.thumb.jpg.e6203b1621594b5b62dcc6ddf8b57ab4.jpg4.thumb.jpg.93277a8475a75ebd5055d15fe268bcca.jpg3.thumb.jpg.f3e4c76066e1c53397663f4a9873eb27.jpg8.thumb.jpg.38509be66a3d7e1b0c383bd55296bd78.jpg10.thumb.jpg.005bc3ccea3954174f196b4df8001eeb.jpg9.thumb.jpg.8cdc2dad8f745cba059d8576c952f969.jpg1.thumb.jpg.ecf5078de4eb35dcded45d478bd5b341.jpg

Edited by Adger
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Can someone explain me a point about WoFF? 

What it means that you need to own a copy of CFS3 but not to have it installed? It will just check the CFS3 product key on installation?

From my understanding it is a legal requirement for them to be able to sell WoFF that the purchaser already own CFS3.  Not required for it to run.

3 hours ago, Tuesday said:

From my understanding it is a legal requirement for them to be able to sell WoFF that the purchaser already own CFS3.  Not required for it to run.

But how they check that I own CFS3? This is my question. Do they ask you to check the key code on installation? 

I think that is no longer required.  I bought and ran WoFF over Christmas but I've never installed CFS2 or 3 on this computer.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Feathered_IV said:

I think that is no longer required.  I bought and ran WoFF over Christmas but I've never installed CFS2 or 3 on this computer.

I'll probably give it a shot then one day. A good singleplayer experience is always worth it :salute:

Just worried that my Notebook will have problems with it but if it runs Il-2 and DCS...

On 5/23/2018 at 12:00 PM, Adger said:

My 2p worth..it's up there for me personally as 1 of my favourite sims of all time. The community is also really good over there a great bunch of lads.

The "feeling" of flight is better in ROF but as a overall ww1 campaign sim I think WOFF is way better. The A.i is incredible,some of the best dogfights I've ever had in any sim as come in WOFF. (Only recently purchased BOX series) so I can't realistically comment on BOX dogfights yet guys.

Mods..There are some essential mods. JJJ,S mission editor lets you move waypoints,change time of takeoff..in fact there's not much you can't do with it. There's airfield mods,roll mods ground textures,Sky textures and BuckeyeBobs excellent weather mod. And most of them are JSGME compatible..so very easy to setup. I agree sometimes you'll do a mission and not see any enemy AC at all,sometimes you'll get bounced halfway thru your mission..realistically this is supposedly how things happened at times in WW1.

My personal WW1 sim of choice is WOFF,don't get me wrong guys I love flying in ROF at least once a week il take a flight up and truly enjoy it but the SP campaign,Ai,random failures and amount of flyable kites ,claims system and much more takes me back to WOFF time and time again. I believe it's on sale at the moment aswell.

Im loving the BOX series and just recently purchased the Ju52 and the Mc 202. The new campaign system for me is a godsend as I really only fly SP (il be getting into MP has soon as I'm proficient in SP).

Good WW1 and even WW2 sims are in such short supply. I truly hope the 2 man team at OBD have great success in WOTR,I feel exactly the same with this team of 1c and 777 studios. And il continue to support them both.

Edit: WOFF is on sale at $35.99 an absolute steal IMO..that's less than 50c per flyable craft :o:for me at that price it'd be a no brainer

Like I said guys just my 2p worth..fly safe and best regards to everyone 

Adger

Hi Adger

Could you please pm me where I can download those mods, I have just purchased WOFF and would like to kick things off with your recommendations. Perhaps you could include your mod list also please.

Thanks in advance.

fubar

Edited by fubar_2_niner
Addition

S!

Call me interested. Have had that game bookmarked in browser for quite a while. And by the looks of it not looking bad either.

Hello, I just bought Wings over Flander fields, where can I download the game? 

Oops they sent already a message! Thanks! This will get me ready for the aircraft to come for Flying Circus

Edited by LF_ManuV

5 hours ago, fubar_2_niner said:

Hi Adger

Could you please pm me where I can download those mods, I have just purchased WOFF and would like to kick things off with your recommendations. Perhaps you could include your mod list also please.

Thanks in advance.

fubar

Right everyone il try my best to remember (Its been a while since i purchased) I wont PM you fubar il put the details below if thats ok pal then everyone can have a nosy..Cheers mate

http://www.overflandersfields.com/store.html

Is the Store page its $29.99 at the moment IMO its a steal at that price also dont forget to download the free music pack and free Skins pack from the same page

Once purchased (Avangate) i believe you get a link to your download its a zip (4.5 GB) if a remember. Il say this in bold BACK UP YOUR ZIP FILE TO A EXTERNAL DRIVE OR FLASH DRIVE etc,if lost OBD may charge you a small fee if your link expires.  You,ll also "If i remember correctly" get a order key make sure you WRITE it down somewhere safe.

Once unzipped (including free skin pack) your looking at over 40gb of disk space so make sure you,ve plenty of room guys.

Then go to the downloads page and http://www.overflandersfields.com/downloads-woffue.html

update to 4.18.

Make sure you read the faq http://www.overflandersfields.com/support.html

FROM OBD "

"You need to own Microsoft’s Combat Simulator 3 for licensing purposes. It is not needed to physically install but
please make sure you own a copy.
You must also install DirectX9, yes even in Vista or Windows 7 or 8 or 10. Please install it, and please use
version in the link given in section 40 of this FAQ and follow the instructions for its installation carefully
and fully.
Please don’t assume you have it installed already, and if Windows tells you that you do not need
it, please ignore that and install it anyway! We cannot stress this enough. Please install it."

After your initial installation it will ask your for your order key (Not a cfs3 key) its a key you get when ordering WOFFUE.

There,s all sorts of different mods mine are
The JSGME mod enabler utility
RJW,s Brilliant..User files backup utility

WOFFUE mk1 bombsites all in one
WOFF NEWS MOD
WOFF UE 0 facilities models mod
WOFF UE 1 1914+ 1917+ 1918 (only activate 1,depending on which year your flying in)
WOFF UE 2 Consolidated Custom facilities
(THE UE 0,1 2 airfield folders have changed somewhat since i enabled but there still there)

WOFF UE Historical weather mod
WOFF UE ocm 2.9.2 1 .clouds folder
WOFF UE ocm 2.9.2 2. BB Fog Option
4LOM Ground season textures
WOFF UE Realistically populated airfields

Need java for JJJ,65,s mods
JJJ65,s mission editor is a must have ..it basically lets you edit,waypoints,pilots time of day
JJJ,s Multiple mod customizer
JJJ,s AIRCRAFT ROLL damp patcher mod

there,s probably a few more..I hope this helps anyone interested in picking up WOFF. Anyone who,s just getting into WOFF and who needs "help or advice" head on over to the forum,they really are a great bunch over there who,ll do their very best with any questions you may have 

I mentioned previously that im looking forward to what OBD come up with regarding their new WW2 sim..That said i love the IL2 Box series,i already owned BOS and BOM with some collector planes and i picked up BOK a few days ago and loving it. Il continue to support BOTH studios..Good flight sims are such a niche product.
Edited by Adger
  • Like 1

@Adger

Top man exactly what I was after, I grabbed all the mods available ;) I should be in a good position now mate :drinks:

Many thanks mate, and for the record, I too am looking forward to WOTR 

Best regards

fubar

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, fubar_2_niner said:

@Adger

Top man exactly what I was after, I grabbed all the mods available ;) I should be in a good position now mate :drinks:

Many thanks mate, and for the record, I too am looking forward to WOTR 

Best regards

fubar

Nice one Fubar..you can have multiple careers with German,French Brits Yanks. You can start with flight training also i think its a excellent SP sim.

Best thing about enabling with JSGME is that you can install\uninstall the mods quite easily. If you see "Geezers" models on the airfield then thats pretty much set up. Do a bit of reading with Triple J,s mission editor. Its a brilliant bit of software ..enjoy pal.

Edit: DONT forget the free skinpack mate,youll be surprised how many people do

Edited by Adger

My first campaign flying the R.A.F S.E.5A fast plane 138mph,have a blast with this plane

image.jpg

Picture taken from flight manual,combat aces an old cfs2 addon

• Upvote 1

$34,99 for a game that is based on a outdated DX9 engine looks expensive to me.

Edit. Just saw the screenshots and the Video, ehhm, no thanks. I know,eye candy is not everything, but the skyboxes, clouds, Effects, the whole atmosphere looks like from 2007-2009?

Nice try...

Edited by Semor76

I'll definitely keep an eye on it.  Mind you, I'll have to.  At this moment there isn't anything else on the horizon for singleplayer gameplay in WW2 flight sims.

18 hours ago, Semor76 said:

$34,99 for a game that is based on a outdated DX9 engine looks expensive to me.

Edit. Just saw the screenshots and the Video, ehhm, no thanks. I know,eye candy is not everything, but the skyboxes, clouds, Effects, the whole atmosphere looks like from 2007-2009?

Nice try...

If we are talking about Wotr, It does have the DirectX11 shaders made by Ankor. 

6 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

If we are talking about Wotr, It does have the DirectX11 shaders made by Ankor. 

Not really, it is DX9 only for now.

Just had a look at the website as I loved WOFF but was disappointed to see only 2 flyable planes. Is that correct?

ohh this looks really nice, i heard wings of flanders are really good. Hope they put it on steam when it's going to be ready.

24 minutes ago, 19RAF_scram77 said:

Just had a look at the website as I loved WOFF but was disappointed to see only 2 flyable planes. Is that correct?

Well they seem to be a small company. There is just few guys, you can see in "about" tab on their website. And it looks like 2 guys are doing most of the work there. I am pretty sure making ww2 plane is much harder than ww1.

"This is Phase 1. Fly and fight for your life in the air in World War 2.  Choose to fly a Hurricane MKI (late) in an RAF fighter squadron or in the Luftwaffe in a Messerschmitt Bf109 ‘Emil’.

In the next phases we plan to move the war to Europe and culminate in the extensive devastation of Europe by the day and night bombing raids over the German ‘Reich’."

More flyable aircraft will follow, that is certain.

WoFF UE took years to get to it's present state... it still has for me, the best AI in any of my flight sims, and according to the dev's WOTR AI is even better than WoFF's.

Give the game time, and I'm sure it will be one of the best SP experiences out there  :)

20 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

it will be one of the best SP experiences out there

I just noticed that scary and forbidden symbol is in game :lol: Really cool, small thing but makes a big difference. I will get it when they make ju87 or at least bf110 flyable.

Edited by InProgress

8 hours ago, AnKor said:

Not really, it is DX9 only for now.

But what about the selection of DirectX11 in the Wotr ingame menu as you can see at the start of this Utube video. Will this be implementated later? And do we also get this in WoFF-UE.  

I took the plunge,mixed results for me.

i will put my review into three parts,the good,the bad,and the ugly

first of all the good.

nice looking planes,from the outside the AI planes look well done,crew members with their oxygen masks looks really cool (cockpits and general not on par with bos,but that was not expected on the old cfs3 engine)

the overall feel to this sim makes it stand out,beautiful atmospheric music ,which really makes you feel you are part of something.

the single player experience,nothing comes close, quick mission builder you can attack ,defend any target you like,airfields,shipping lanes,towns,factory,you really can set up any scenario, the best part of this you can save your own made mission scenario so you can replay it later.(a nice touch I think)

the list is endless as far as the single player experience is concerned,you can fly for any squadron during the Battle of Britain,

now for the real gem as the game the AI ,really nothing comes close,they break off and go home when finished their objectives,I watched as a squadron of Stuka dive bombers attacked a shipping convoy in the channel .

yes the AI bots are really outstanding in this game

now to the bad.

only two planes so far flyable,hurricane and bf109 e

the stuttering,I get better FPS in my low end graphics card in bos which I find a surprise ( I got it a bit better by making it use just 2 cores also FPS limited to 40fps in nvidia inspecter)

the effects are bit tame apart from the flak effects which are fantastic!

now for the ugly ( not me inclu👺)

the scenery if you compare it too modern flight sims but it does well for old engine

the bail out effect parachute comes down to earth at supersonic speeds( will be looked at I am sure) also pilot damage,windscreen oil blood etc look like something from a lab experiment also something that comes from the old cfs3 engine.

so my general view if you can ignore the old engine and forget the beautiful eye candy that bos gives you,this really is a classic in he making,you can play ‘‘tis for hours and not get bored with a never ending array of game play options which other games do not produce

this is my view ( hope not too upset anyone)

happy flying too all

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, meplanes1969 said:

the stuttering,I get better FPS in my low end graphics card in bos which I find a surprise ( I got it a bit better by making it use just 2 cores also FPS limited to 40fps in nvidia inspecter)

Mind to share about your spec? I want to take the plunge too but I am afraid that my PC will have problems...

Just two screenshots for now

64C20F78-1443-466B-8590-BADD0010F335.jpeg

AI only plane Dornier17 I think

AMD Athlon x4 860k 4 cores run at 3.70 average

8gb ddr 1600 mhz

nvidia gtx 1050 2gb

chillblast fashion gtx1050

hope this help you

The screenshot is done with my iPad as my pc having problems saving pics in correct format

I think they will be adding a lot more as time goes on,they have a very good community,and if woff ue is anything to go by they have regular updates and patches plus good support

Yes you will,just beware the hun in the sun I got bounced on my 4th mission in the campaign phase one ( convoy attacks)

an ace 109e pilot got me from above,I never saw him coming,my fault for losing my wingman.

like I say learn fly your plane because the AI are really good 

C310CC0D-192D-4326-BE6A-762AE7B7E1DE.jpeg

C5726862-BB52-4C92-9C80-A5B1F87A90D0.jpeg

F74471B3-165D-40B9-8527-1C0101FB78A1.jpeg

Read the instructions carefully when you install

you need install the correct directX ,do not worry it will not effect your current directX.

the key bindings take a lot of setting up but ok once you get the hang of it

their website have a very good information if you get any problems

They have a link where you can download DX9

also I was never asked about having a copy of cfs3

9 minutes ago, Alexmarine28 said:

I am actually blocked at the Dx9 installation process. Unfortunately it seems that I can't install it 😐

5 minutes ago, meplanes1969 said:

you need install the correct directX ,do not worry it will not effect your current directX.

Absolutely spot on Meplanes heres the FAQ Alexmarine  take your time reading it and installing it to the letter  http://www.wingsoverthereich.com/index_htm_files/WOTR-FAQ.pdf

If its anything like WOFF then a good CPU is possibly better than a GPU,if DX11 gets implemented then the GPU will probably come more into play

Edited by Adger

7 minutes ago, meplanes1969 said:

Problem is that is the correct DX9 that doesn't want to get installed 😞

I am following all the step of the WOTR FAQ BTW (downloaded it even before purchasing the game)

Think it is a Windows problem on my end 😐

Edited by Alexmarine28

do you have windows10 it worked for me ok

download then put the dx9 files in a folder somewhere inside that folder you will have a install click on that it will send all the files too where they should go

11 minutes ago, Alexmarine28 said:

Problem is that is the correct DX9 that doesn't want to get installed 😞

I am following all the step of the WOTR FAQ BTW (downloaded it even before purchasing the game)

Think it is a Windows problem on my end 😐

Do you see this at the end of installing WOTR Alexmarine?  wotr.thumb.jpg.9a46cb9f2c077170e329b88bc9ce7030.jpg

You say you,ve done everything according to the FAQ and im certainly not here to doubt you..its been done in this order pal?

"Note the direct X 9 installation file is in your
C:\OBDSoftware\WOTR\Toolbox\DX9Redist
folder. The file is
called
directx_Jun2010_redist.exe
(if you installed elsewhere look for the Toolbox\DX9Redist folder there.
DIRECTX 9 STEP-BY-STEP INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
Now run the
directx_Jun2010_redist.exe
file, it will “self-extract”/l unpack the DirectX setup and
installation files inside to a temporary folder of your choice. After that, you must go to that temporary
folder you chose and run the
DXSetup
to actually install it. You must do this last step, or it won’t be
installed."

Edited by Adger

I set my affinity for WOTR to work on 2 cores,it seems to help also on nvidia inspector find cfs3.exe and I set my FPS to 40 limit

when it goes into play mode it opens up the cfs3.exe so you have to set everything up to that

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Adger said:

Do you see this at the end of installing WOTR Alexmarine?  wotr.thumb.jpg.9a46cb9f2c077170e329b88bc9ce7030.jpg

I got it and it went smoothly. No problem there. Then I extracted the DX setup files (provided with the game files) in a new folder and ran the setup. Is at this point that the setup fail and leave me without the necessary Dx9 files for WOTR

Not that easy to set up,have too read the install instructions to the letter.

easy for me because I already have woff ue.

shame it’s not on steam but I suppose it never will,I love steam because it’s so easy

4 minutes ago, Alexmarine28 said:

I got it and it went smoothly. No problem there. Then I extracted the DX setup files (provided with the game files) in a new folder and ran the setup. Is at this point that the setup fail and leave me without the necessary Dx9 files for WOTR

Direct link here Alexmarine  https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5555 

The link may help im not sure

If you continue to have issues (its certainly very strange) then post over on the technical side at the official forum pal,somebody over there will definitely sort you out

Edited by Adger