Sturmnoob

Wings Over the Reich - WWII Flight Sim - New website is up

46 minutes ago, Tektolnes said:

Nope. It's DX9 currently so no VR. It's possible DX11 may come in the future. There is a greyed out option in the settings. But I haven't seen any firm promise or date.

I bought it a couple of days ago and it really needs DX11 - even people with beefy rigs have to lower settings or framerates drop to unacceptable levels.  

oh well!

I wish them all the best but think I'll stick with Box.

:)

Hopefully Ankor can do his magic and DX11 is a future feature.

I also believe that phase 1 $34.99 is what you get now for the price,any extra phases aircraft etc will be sold separately (it's only my guess though) I knew what I was getting for the money (from the features page)and IMO the Ai is worth most of that cost alone..it'd cost me more than this for a family meal out. Add in the campaign and the flyables/Ai craft and to me personally it was a no brainier.

Only you guys/gals personally know what's "worth " it or not..I certainly think I've already had my money's worth already,and I've only just scratched the surface of this sim. If like the BOX series I continue to like what's been offered then il certainly continue to support both studios

Edited by Adger
  • Upvote 1

:(

Flew my second sortie - everything went fine.

Until I got dragged into a dogfight which I was able to win - unfortunately my squadron was gone by the time because somehow I must have gotten separated from them.

So I went back home as well - near the french coast I was jumped by a bandit although I´ve constantly checked my surroundings.

I managed to get away but my engine died soon after and I was too low to bail out. The pilot died after watering (I think it isn´t really implemented).

The campaign offers a real nice atmosphere - something I haven´t experienced yet :)

On 9/9/2018 at 9:09 PM, BB5000 said:

The control mapping worked fine until I plugged in my new Ravcore Javelin (Gladiator clone). The mapping tool recognizes all buttons and axes, but in-game most buttons won't work..It only maps "Fire" to one of the flap buttons on the joystick base. So I'll guess that I have to pass on WOTR.

An update with the Javelin issue in WOFF(and most likely the same issue discovered in WOTR):

The buttons were recognized in the WOFFKeys mapping utility but not in the game..this was the same problem that was solved for the VKB Gladiator. The configuration file , WOFFKEYS.XCA , contained an extra trailing space " " character in the Javelin heading. Removing this " " and saving the file solved the problem  !

The only issue in WOFF now is that I need to add the " " back into the WOFFKEYS.XCA if I want to modify any key/axis mapping...not a big issue really.

4 hours ago, BB5000 said:

An update with the Javelin issue in WOFF(and most likely the same issue discovered in WOTR):

The buttons were recognized in the WOFFKeys mapping utility but not in the game..this was the same problem that was solved for the VKB Gladiator. The configuration file , WOFFKEYS.XCA , contained an extra trailing space " " character in the Javelin heading. Removing this " " and saving the file solved the problem  !

The only issue in WOFF now is that I need to add the " " back into the WOFFKEYS.XCA if I want to modify any key/axis mapping...not a big issue really.

There is a fix for this, however I am not sure when it will be uploaded to the website (pretty soon judging by how quickly they work!)

Edit: And here is their word

The next patch will have a new WOTRKeys tool that will auto remove that space for you. The space is provided to windows by the joystick when it queries it, and WOTR Function Binding tool (WOTRKeys.exe) also correctly sees it. Runtime doesn't seem to like it.
Anyway for the moment manually remove the space at the end (do not remove the ").

The new WOTRKeys tool allows you to change the bindings yourself.

Edited by Tuesday

There,ll be bluebirds over,the white cliffs of Dover

I'll never forget the people I met
Braving those angry skies
I remember well as the shadows fell
The light of hope in their eyes

Shot09-13-18-00-15-45.thumb.jpg.e0a8d5bc26ccbbaa22f661bae4935a23.jpg

Shot09-13-18-01-12-41.jpg

Shot09-13-18-01-00-03.jpg

1 hour ago, Alexmarine28 said:

Just to know: Anyone is having problems running the game on Win10?

Have you tried posting your issue on the official forum Alexmarine? Also if you send your logs to their support they'll have a look. Their pretty quick getting back

3 hours ago, Alexmarine28 said:

Just to know: Anyone is having problems running the game on Win10?

Installation went well for me without any issues in Win10.

Game itself also runs without any problems.

Future Plans
-------------------

Further to requests for more information, although most is already stated on the website, we have decide to release a little more information on the future plans 
for those people anxious to know before purchasing WOTR.

It is planned to release expansions or add-ons that can be purchased for ‘WOTR’ and these will move the war to Europe. 
The expansions will eventually culminate in the extensive devastation of Europe by the day and night bombing raids over the German ‘Reich’. 

In the shorter term we also plan to add aircraft together with other content additions such as new airfields, grounds objects and so on in the form of purchasable DLC, 
- starting with additional aircraft for WOTR Phase 1 Battle of Britain.

The aircraft planned for first add-on is a flyable Spitfire MKIa. All details TBC and subject to change.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4438534/wings-over-the-reich-news-update#Post4438534

For those who were asking earlier.

On 9/13/2018 at 1:53 PM, 9./JG27golani79 said:

Installation went well for me without any issues in Win10.

Game itself also runs without any problems.

Same here  :)

edit... for some reason I have been getting micro stutters.

Now trying to resolve the issues

Edited by Trooper117

Tempted by this, so have re-installed WOFF to see if It entices me to buy it. 

I think my my problem is that I enjoy BOS etc and CLOD, and just feel this has a lot to live up to be impress me.

The career is like WoFF UE, but set in WWII... the AI has been improved. (it was really, really good in WoFF as it was)

For instance, 109's really will disengage if damaged. They will also disengage because of their low fuel state after a short period of combat... (historical)

They will disengage if they are a novice if they get 'shook up' by enfolding events.

Graphics, well, pretty good, but not in the same ball park as BoS obviously, but then again, looking good is not everything. 

As you would know, the feeling of flight is not as good as BoS or RoF, but again, once in the campaign I forget about that as I'm consumed with events around me.

I own all of the BoS series, WoFF, RoF and WoTR... they all have their strengths and weaknesses, but I enjoy playing all of them and they will stay on my HD for many years yet I'm sure  :)

• Upvote 1

Great shots Trooper..

A few of my own

Shot09-18-18-01-00-58.thumb.jpg.c19e14783c77d9c443d0faa84fe31f06.jpgShot09-18-18-00-42-54.thumb.jpg.46486b781d851bd145e9769b42138158.jpgShot09-18-18-00-49-42.thumb.jpg.4c622b6a1975a1cab2fd68f39d0b9840.jpg

Shot09-18-18-00-59-17.jpg

Edited by Adger

Hopefully they can have a second look at the shape of the Hurricane’s nose and rear decking.  It looks just a shade too sharp at the front and too thick at the back. There are some double curves on the real thing that are difficult to reproduce. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

Hopefully they can have a second look at the shape of the Hurricane’s nose and rear decking.  It looks just a shade too sharp at the front and too thick at the back. There are some double curves on the real thing that are difficult to reproduce. 

Yep, it kinda looks like a Yak-1 now.

1 hour ago, 9./JG27golani79 said:

Can anyone tell me how I disable the overlays?

Seems like I can´t find the option to do so.

oeeLtfC.png

I'd like to know this too 

My brand new rig can't handle this software, get blue screen when trying to start a mission. Besides can't understand how to get my controls working on out either

So that looks promising. Graphics are good enough for me and when the AI will be considered important by the devs, i will throw money at them. 

For me, yes... the campaign is excellent, as with their previous game WoFF UE, the AI is extremely good.

The whole package makes me feel part of a squadron, in the thick of it, with after action reports, making claims, (which can be rejected)... enemy aircraft that will bug out when they get low on fuel, enemy pilots will head for home if they get 'shook up'... 109's that will boom and zoom instead of an endless turn fight, the list goes on.

RoF and BoS have a much better feeling of flight however compared to WoTR, and even though WoTR is graphically very good, it is still behind BoS.

That said, I forget about those things when I am immersed in the campaign.

It will not be everyone's cup of tea I'm sure, as lot's of sim pilots seem to want eye candy over game play, or FM and DM matters more, but for me it's the SP career system that will get my vote every time...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only thing I don't like is the BOB location. Been kind of done to death. Would of rather seen the ETO or Pacific! 

I'm sure that when this was announced that it was stated that it would start at the Battle of France, and would then proceed to cover the periods leading all the way up to the bombing campaigns over Germany... (maybe I have the wrong end of the stick, but others will correct me if I am wrong)

I was a little fed up actually that it has started at the Battle of Britain, as I would have loved a developer to do that period of fighting over France justice... culminating with the Dunkirk period.

To me, they could have still started with more or less the same aircraft, even doing a couple of French types as AI...

However, I digress... now that I have the game I'm enjoying it, a lot!  :)

Edited by Trooper117

On 9/5/2018 at 6:15 AM, Lost_customer said:

Wings over the Reich phase 1 appears to be available to buy! I shall be straight on this tonight.

Sort your SP gameplay out il2, this is money that would have been going on BoBP.

(not that I expect WotR to be perfect, just fed up waiting, and it has to be worth a try)

That's the beauty of decentralized order. You don't have to trust anyone or expect kindness from any centralized government or monopolizing companies. Just bypass them putting your money where is better for you and build a better world through real free market competition thus generating true social balance. If you bought the game with crypto coins you are really a freedom fighter leaving behind and obsolete centralized government money, it's main control device, creating a real rich environment for new games that can supply what customers demand.

Edited by 6./ZG26_Gielow
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

the soundtrack is also out on streaming services spotify, itunes, amazon etc.  WotR has a full feature-length soundtrack, with 90 minutes of epic orchestra and choir.  In a departure from the industry norm, you have something that matches the scale of war.