Sign in to follow this  
[VF-84]Karetaker

Warthog Switch Reset Program?

Hello crew. This question is specific to setting up my new Warthog HOTAS. Using the TARGET software, I have programed a three position toggle switch for my LA5 cockpit lights; switch down = off, switch middle = back light instruments, switch up = flood lights. However, If I do not physically reset this switch down before repopulating, then the light sequence in the plane doesn't match the switch position.  If I leave the toggle in the middle and repopulate, the lights are off. To turn on the instruments back light, I now have to move the toggle all the way up. To turn on the floods, I have to come back to the middle position. I now have to move the switch down and up a few times to get the lights to match the switch.

Having the discipline to physically reset all switches, axis, etc. to there "start" position prior to repopulating makes the most sense, (or put the lights on a push button) I am just curious if I can somehow get the lights in the cockpit to always match the switch position using the software.

Thank you up front for your patience and assistance...this is all new to me.

Hello, 

I think it's not possible, at least using TARGET GUI, because the simulator doesn't read the state of a button but the change of the state (press/release a button)

I am sure there is a way to make it happen using script editor, flags etc but I can't do it atm for sure!  :unsure:

I suggest to use a HAT to control lights instead of switch!

Edited by 335th_GRSwaty