FreeViolence

The assignments of controls are a nightmare

It is necessary to include the option to save key assignment patterns, as in the Rise of Flight.

I have a joystick and a horn as control systems but every time I use them I have to change the axis assignments. In addition I have 2 quadrants of saitek, in total 6 axes that I have to configure every time I change planes, also change the assignments for oil and water radiators, buttons or axes. But with the Bf 110 it is impossible to have consistent assignments with so much repetition of commands.

This system seems a little sloppy and I hope to correct it over time as it is the main drawback of this game that will be aggravated with the entry of more aircraft.Unless you want an arcade game but for that we already have the War Thunder.

post-29161-0-73606400-1484438157_thumb.jpg

post-29161-0-79406200-1484438171_thumb.jpg

I agree with your Point, and i believe it has been made previously.

...but what does that have to do with your system?
You are proud of your toys, else you would not post them.
So why say "sloppy"?

(quite confused)

less ego, more facts.

Because for most simulators and especially the good ones like the DCS, or Rise of Flight, they give the option of configuring the controls for each airplane, by allowing the saving of assignment templates, for that reason the system of assignment of controls of the BoS Is not up to the rest of the game and that's why I say it is sloppy. That is not the same as programming my toys that I have already done.
I show my toys, in addition to because I am proud of them, so that those who only use a single joystik as in arcade games, can see that those who try to go a little beyond the "ratatata" we want more options of realism.

Excuse my bad English, I'm using the google translate

I don't know if a thing like this (making the controls aircraft dependable like in ROF) costs much time.

I hope it's something the devs can do in the future.

Certainly with the addition of the Tante Ju I struggle with the setup as well.

I'd like to mention that the time between each key assignment is also abysmal. it makes a process that can involve up to 100 keys excessively long and frustrating

I don't know if a thing like this (making the controls aircraft dependable like in ROF) costs much time.

I hope it's something the devs can do in the future.

Certainly with the addition of the Tante Ju I struggle with the setup as well.

I am with you on that as well, I would love to see control mapping exclusive to the individual aircraft.

Would it not be possible to set up the controls for a particular aircraft, save a copy of the input file under that aircraft name on the desktop then repeat for each aircraft. Just insert the file for the aircraft of your choice when you want to fly. 

Cheers,  Shakey

This has been done, also using JSGME as a simple way of switching

obviously an 'ingame' solution is preferable  :)

Cheers Dakpilot

Edited by Dakpilot