DetCord12B

Det's Hangar

Superb skin...as always...thanks ;)

Thanks for the kinds words gents.

WIP. It obviously doesn't belong on the airframe. Still, I kinda fell in love with DCS 109K's camo scheme, so I attempted to recreate it. If anyone is interested in seeing this on the F4 and G4 let me know.

aQIBlSD.jpg

26f5VjE.png

jKtKelK.png

Edited by detcord12b
  • Upvote 3

Hello, in a G-4 this skin would look great, you could add numbers or marks squad.

a greeting :salute:

• Upvote 1

These are beautiful!

Sorry for stupid question, but are the A3 / A5 interchangeable or does the different design show?

These are beautiful!

Sorry for stupid question, but are the A3 / A5 interchangeable or does the different design show?

No, you'll have texture gaps and mapping issues.

These are beautiful!

Not a dumb question at all - the A-5 has it's motor mounts moved forward so the cowling is longer than on the A-3.

This extension will appear as a black band behind the cowling if you try to use A-3 skin on A-5, since this area does not exist on the A-5 template (i guess)

Since I'm no artist/skinner like these talented guys are, I have no idea how hard it would be to transfer an A-3 template to A-5 and color in that black band.

This spitfire update took all my upvotes already. Ill give you one tomorrow! Thanks for the great skins.

Superb skins...thanks ;)

Your work is absolutely phenomenal! Seriously top notch.

Any chance on seeing some earlier skins that aren't Reichsverteidigung?

Quite a few on the previous pages. One of the problems is finding something to do that hasn't already been done, which doesn't leave a lot of options.

Hello, Really nice skins!

I love the finished look on them! Please, keep going!

Also, could you do the Pierre Clostermann Spitfire skin?

UK-Spitfire-Mk-IXc-MH526-Pierre-Closterm

Thanks in advance

superb skin ;) ...but just for info this plane "LO-D" (MH526) was a Spitfire LF MkIXc....Clostermann also flown on another "LO-D" coded aircraft (BL686) which was indeed a LF MkVb.... ;)

• Upvote 1

There are quite a few versions of this specific pattern around so I kinda had to choose one. Still, I'm not quite sure how I feel about how it came out. If you think its off or needs corrections or you just don't like it let me know, I can always start over. I'll let you decide.

q26oL1D.png

cgqf2kD.png

xI3ihH7.png

V8WCqKK.png

Many Thanks! You`re da man!

No worries.

• Upvote 4

Damn those look great! I'd love to see what you could do with the MiG someday.

Damn those look great! I'd love to see what you could do with the MiG someday.

I don't own BoM. No MiG for you!  :dry:

Wanted to do a Yak-1 scheme but couldn't find anything that hadn't been done already. So, I just kinda gave up.

Hi Det. Looks great this may also assist.

I also found this reference which I think look pretty accurate when compared to the photos:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php?topic=263877.15

(If you are going to rework can you  please also post the current version for download please.)

PS the attachment is from a book called the last eagles a scale modellers guide and seems to agree with the above on the side profile. (please keep blue7)

Can we perhaps also try a different interpretation of RLM 82. Perhaps Eagle editions: https://www.cybermodeler.com/color/rlm_comp2.shtml

Just as parting note when looking at aircraft you always find others: 

http://armouredsprue.blogspot.co.za/

http://www.helmo.gr/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=573&Itemid=40

Doc2.pdf

I don't own BoM. No MiG for you! :dry:

Wanted to do a Yak-1 scheme but couldn't find anything that hadn't been done already. So, I just kinda gave up.

You do now ;)

Don't worry about what has been done before. Each artist has their own interpretation and style. I have 3 or four of the same scheme made by different people.

• Upvote 5

You do now ;)

Don't worry about what has been done before. Each artist has their own interpretation and style. I have 3 or four of the same scheme made by different people.

Damn Borys! I was about to gift him BoM  :lol:

Good show  :good:  I'll save my money for the next worthy recipient (pls don't send me PMs begging for it, it won't work)

Amazing Spitfires Detcord!! Your work is stunning.

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/f/52/1/0

heres a website that displays a number of soviet spitfire skins, just for future skins you may wish to create :)

I think pretty much all the Soviet Mk. Vs we have photographic evidence for have been done by now.

• Upvote 1

I think pretty much all the Soviet Mk. Vs we have photographic evidence for have been done by now.

Where? i've found maybe 3 soviet skins that were created, and understand there aren't many historical ones. Just throwing some options out there!

I was recently looking for photographic evidence of Soviet Spitfires, because I was one of those complaining about the lack of theater appropriate skins for the Spit. Apart from some photos of several recently delivered ones with only red star markings and British serial numbers (which is probably not what they would have looked like going into battle) there are just 4 or 5 Soviet Spit Mk. Vs that we have pictures of.

I know the problem re VVS Spitfire Vb.  One of the skins I included in my skinpack (the one in all Green with yellow 3) was done from a profile that claimed it was a Va serial BML1176 but no such serial existed.  Also no lend-lease Spitfire Va were delivered, only Vb and Mk IX's.  So I simply best guessed that it would be a Vb and left the questionable serial intact.

If we rely on nothing but photographic evidence we would have 5x VVS Spitfires.  Basically what I am trying to say is making one using standard VVS practice is going to produce results that were very likely.

Edited by ICDP
  • Upvote 1

I would say that's probably the right way to go about it. We have a fair idea about the different numbering systems, colors and insignia used by the VVS. 

In the absence of photographic evidence, I think that historically plausible skins are perfectly fine.

It seems to me, that there are perhaps two Soviet Spit Mk. Vs that haven't been done yet. It's the "White 20" and "21". I've personally never seen photos of them, but it features on a number of profile drawings and decal sets for Soviet Spits.

Number 21 appears to have sported the same red band on the spinner as "White 65", but the number is on the tail rather than the fuselage. Also, somewhat unusual, it is normally depicted as having a painted-over spot on the fuselage, sometimes irregular, sometimes in the shape of a roundel. In some cases the painted-over roundels are shown on the wings also, as if this Spit originally had British markings, which I don't think any of the LL Spits ever had? It seems more likely, that the original Soviet marking and number on the fuselage was painted over and the new number applied to the tail instead. The serial numbers given for this plane are probably made up, they vary from drawing to drawing.

7283e46a4aaea4a644b52a7668f2c52be183c5ab

AMLD72018.jpg

This might be a last Soviet Spit project for you Detcord?

Edited by Finkeren

You didn't have to do that mate, though I greatly appreciate it! Guess I owe ya some MiG's. Let me know what you'd like done and I'll get started once I've finished Luger's request.

No worries man. I'm sure everyone would like to see you do some BoM planes. As for MiGs, just whatever you like whenever you get inspired. I like all of them pretty much. Also I'm in no rush being without my computer until the end of the month.