Sign in to follow this  
ICDP

Pe-2 4096x4096 Template started

I have begun work on the Pe-2 4k template.  I am hoping to make this template compatible with both the Seried 35 and 87 types.  Though it is clear that at least the front nose and cokpit of these aircraft are sufficiently different to warrant different panel lines and rivets around the nose.  The rest of the texture seems to fit and is almost identically.

Panel lines and smal rivets are not done.

post-13160-0-27480200-1483828768_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 6

Martin,

To ease confusion please make two separate templates even if they are both similar.

Jason

Martin,

To ease confusion please make two separate templates even if they are both similar.

Jason

Will do.  Thanks

Good to see you keep going, your Fw template is stunning.

Our biggies definetly need some more love. :salute:

очень толстые линии расшивки там где их в реале практически не заметно

Sorry for the lack of updated folks.  Here is the latest work in progress.

post-13160-0-67232200-1484122097_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 5

Nice, what a joy, Pe-2 and Ju-88 are both on track, silk and smooth!

для полного счастья нужно убрать новомодные потеки из топливных горловин и приглушить слишком толстые линии обшивки крыла от мотогондол и далее!

Panel Lines toned down and weathering completed.

A few days to cleanup the template and I will upload it.

• New weathering added
  • New small rivets
  • New larger rivets
  • New markings
  • New external detail items

Any of the original weathering used has been sharpened up to 4k and everything now look much sharper.

post-13160-0-88858400-1484173626_thumb.jpg

Edited by ICDP
  • Upvote 1

I have been posting only external views of 4k textures.  Here is an original compared to 4k screenshot from the cockpit of a Pe-2 looking over the port wing.

I doubt I need to point out which is which.

post-13160-0-86478500-1484174760_thumb.jpg

post-13160-0-68708800-1484174762_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 4

Did you use the existing metal chips and chip away at the edges with smaller size? I am asking because the wear pattern looks similar but the new one has sharper edges. I tried to make my own on the MiG-3 but it looks terrible. I was wondering if it would work to use the existing chips and just go at the edges with smaller detail brushes to make them more defined. Either way it is great work and looks very good!

Did you use the existing metal chips and chip away at the edges with smaller size? I am asking because the wear pattern looks similar but the new one has sharper edges. I tried to make my own on the MiG-3 but it looks terrible. I was wondering if it would work to use the existing chips and just go at the edges with smaller detail brushes to make them more defined. Either way it is great work and looks very good!

In a lot of cases the existing weathering on the 2k templates are perfectly adequate apart from sharpness.  I use photoshop to sharpen the existing 2k paint chips to remove any blur/fuzziness.  I then CTRL + left click on the layer to select everything within the paint chip layer and the contract tool to contract the selection by 1x pixel.  Then invert the selection and press delete.  The result is identical pattern to the existing paint chips but at 4k and it takes less than a minute to do.

No point re-inventing the wheel really.  I do of course still add my own weathering layers and remove the existing ones I am not happy with.

Edited by ICDP
  • Upvote 1

Another shot at 2560x1440p

Another shot at 2560x1440p

post-13160-0-64777500-1484219194_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Will do.  Thanks

Hello i am very interesting that how to make a 4K 

Template if you would like to share the process, i will be happy to join this work at try to make others Template of planes..

In a lot of cases the existing weathering on the 2k templates are perfectly adequate apart from sharpness. I use photoshop to sharpen the existing 2k paint chips to remove any blur/fuzziness. I then CTRL + left click on the layer to select everything within the paint chip layer and the contract tool to contract the selection by 1x pixel. Then invert the selection and press delete. The result is identical pattern to the existing paint chips but at 4k and it takes less than a minute to do.

No point re-inventing the wheel really. I do of course still add my own weathering layers and remove the existing ones I am not happy with.

Tried the same thing with the Stuka template but it didnt look very well (probably because it had a lot of small and semi transparent chipping) so I had no choice but to redo everything. Good to hear this method is working fine for you as it's saving tremendous time and effort.

Looking good so far btw although I think your paint scrapes are maybe somewhat big compared to the aircraft.

Edited by 6./ZG26_5tuka

Tried the same thing with the Stuka template but it didnt look very well (probably because it had a lot of small and semi transparent chipping) so I had no choice but to redo everything. Good to hear this method is working fine for you as it's saving tremendous time and effort.

Looking good so far btw although I think your paint scrapes are maybe somewhat big compared to the aircraft.

Make sure to duplicate the layer loads of times to remove any transparencies first.

The size can be reduced and I intend to make a smaller "light chpped paint" layer with reduced chips.  I like to give painters options.

Another shot at 2560x1440p.  I use 4k res as standard so these shots are reduce din size so some detail is lost.

Don't worry if there are comments on historical accuracy of prop tips or wing top stars.  Like I said I like to give repainters options.

Hello i am very interesting that how to make a 4K 

Template if you would like to share the process, i will be happy to join this work at try to make others Template of planes..

Hi Polaris.  My advice is to google and read some of the many FSX repaint/paintkit tutorials on the web.  Another great tip is to look at existing templates to get an idea of what way they are laid out.

If I was to give one of my own main tips, it's to learn what paths within paintshop can do.  They make rivets and panel lines so much easier to do.

post-13160-0-63838100-1484227203_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1