JG4_dingsda

VeteranenCampaign -- JG51 over Velikie Luki

@alpenspion, sorry @Semor76

you also can fly only mission 02.

I briefly checked your files and they show the same as all others have at the moment.

Only the author of the campaign can provide us with the needed *.mission files.

Or with msnbin files up to date, if he doesn't want us to see the editor mechanics.

We can't do anything.

See my screenshot.

Veliki_Luki_files.jpg

Edited by FlyNavy_BeeKayVR
  • Thanks 1

Same problem as Chipwich and others above.  Also tried Semor76's files and no joy.  Double-triple-quadruple checked install folders etc.  Everything is correct, but it exhibits the same failure to start as any other scripted campaign that needs to be converted to current version of the game - however this is impossible to do because of the missing mission files.

I will dream about what a great campaign it is, though.

Edited by Stoopy

Sorry guys, I am away from my machine and will be for quite a while... October that is. :( I'll only be able to convert the files when I am back. I will include the .mission files then, too, so a situation like this cannot happen again.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Thanks so much for the reply! No worries and hope all goes well while you are away.

On 7/24/2019 at 11:45 AM, JG4_dingsda said:

Sorry guys, I am away from my machine and will be for quite a while... October that is. :( I'll only be able to convert the files when I am back. I will include the .mission files then, too, so a situation like this cannot happen again.

Great!

Thanks for your work and Im looking forward to the moment when we can play this great compaign again...one of the best in my opinion. (especially the briefing and the details)

Recompiled for game version 3.102b. Included Mission-Files. See OP.

Edited by JG4_dingsda
  • Thanks 5

Just downloaded and started first Mission, -never listened to a "Lagebesprechung" in this game before- :dance:

GREAT

Seems to be some good fun !

Looking forward to play, thanks a lot !

After "Convert Missions to binary in Folder", the campaign also works for version 3.201c. Many thanks for your efforts to bring this campaign back up to date.. For me, it is still one of the best scripted campaigns for BoX.

Thanks JG4_dingsdaJust returned to IL-2 after a lengthy period only doing DCS but I got excited over this one. Just played the first mission yet but really liked the voice over.

On 1/7/2017 at 5:33 PM, JG4_dingsda said:

post-25060-0-48220200-1483805893_thumb.png

With Veteran's permission I recompiled his excellent "I./JG51 over Velikie Luki"-missions into a scripted campaign. I hope you enjoy his missions as much as I did. Thanks Veteran! :)

Download link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7s7zfly2x450wq/JG51_over_Velikie_Luki_(v104c_for_3102b).zip?dl=0

Installation:
Extract the Folder data into your IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad main directory.

Other notes:

• The campaign is in German, English and Russian. Should somebody want to do translations for Polish, French or Spanish, I will gladly include them.
  • ShamrockOneFive did a review of the campaign. You can read it here.
  • The cinematic below was done by ShamrockOneFive as well. Thank you!
  • FoxbatRU did 4k replacement skins for the campaign. You can find his post here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRrZZi5qxsE

Version history:

v1.04c (3.102b)

• Recompiled for game version 3.102b. Included Mission-Files.

v1.04b (3.006)

• Moved up start for Mission 2 a little. The problem with this mission itself is not fixed, yet. But it is possible to start and land (east to west) and thus continue with mission 3 which seems to be ok again.

v1.04 (3.005)

• Recompiled for game version 3.005

v1.03 (3.001)

• Recompiled for game version 3.001

v1.02 (2.008)

• Russian translation added, thx to Kosman72
  • fixed the clouds to be winter-clouds again

v1.01 (2.006c)

• fixed mission order

v1.00 (2.006c)

• rerelease of Veteran's "I./JG51 over Velikie Luki"-missions as scripted campaign
  • minor tweaks and changes to subtitles and briefings

@JG4_dingsda, I can make the translation.

I have another campaign to translate first but can do in a few

5 minutes ago, Veteran66 said:

good the campaign will support so long time :)

You did too good for it to be left behind. :)

Hi JG4_dingsda,

I remember that in one mission (I think it was the second mission) all planes crashed into an invisible wall. I just found this in an other post on Jade_Monkey's (excellent) single player missions:

Is it possible that this is the same problem?

regards

Hermod

On 4/26/2019 at 5:45 AM, alpenspion said:

The campaing do not work anymore. Only this message shows on the screen an the game suspended. can someone help?Velkie.thumb.jpg.27a0f9c55d828a5c080b37d10c30c16d.jpg

I get this error also, I tried reinstalling it and even copied the LuaScripts folder to the folder of the same name in my IL-2 Sturmovik folder....still get the error, locks my mouse and I have to hard boot the computer

My question is going to be stupid but: How to finish the last mission?
I don't speak English so maybe I misunderstood the goal.
The 1st time, I shot enemies before landing because I was out of ammunition.
The second time I shot down 7 (then I crashed (it's dangerous a very low cloud ceiling 😅)).

Do we have to destroy all the enemies?

I have recompiled and uploaded the campaign for version 4.501 (see OP). :)

This has seen limited testing and I will be off for a few days. Please let me know, should you run into troubles.

• Thanks 2

I have tried to run this campaign many times but always get a Luascripts error during loading (as I posted above)

Still no joy, is there a fix?

7 hours ago, WM_KMS said:

Still no joy, is there a fix?

You most probably have not correctly installed the campaign.

Extract the .zip's data folder into your main Il2-Sturmovik directory as stated in the OP.

PM me if you still can't get it to run and we can try to solve it together.

On 9/23/2020 at 12:01 AM, JG4_dingsda said:

You most probably have not correctly installed the campaign.

Extract the .zip's data folder into your main Il2-Sturmovik directory as stated in the OP.

PM me if you still can't get it to run and we can try to solve it together.

It works now, I had been opening the data folder and placing the Campaign, graphics and Luascripts folder where they matched my folders, thats how I usually install Campaigns.... when I followed your directions it now works :)

• Upvote 1

Thanks for a really great campaign, the voice over is excellent!

As people before me have also mentioned, I can't succeed with the last mission. I have tried several times but do I have to prevent the attack completely to get mission accomplished? Seems impossible... ;)

Edit: Never mind... I just needed to keep trying. Wouldn't call it a success but at least I downed a few and survived. Great campaign!

Edited by frosen

19 hours ago, frosen said:

I have tried several times but do I have to prevent the attack completely to get mission accomplished? Seems impossible...

I will have to have a look at this.  All that is necessary should be to land at your home airfield.

2 hours ago, JG4_dingsda said:

I will have to have a look at this.  All that is necessary should be to land at your home airfield.

After I had downed 8 Sturmoviks I waited till all of them had despawned (after quite a while). Then I landed and finally got "mission ende".

• Thanks 1

Excellent campaign. The first mission got me hooked!

Thank you! After few missions I really like it and want to fly more.

I just finished the campaign. i really enjoyed it! Thank you. The second to last mission is my favorite with the very low ceiling, I Disorientated a couple times diving through the clouds.

It made adrenaline shoot way up!