JG4_dingsda

VeteranenCampaign -- JG51 over Velikie Luki

On 3/7/2019 at 2:01 AM, JG4_dingsda said:

:blush: I'll put it to the new version. :)

Thanks!! This campaign is one of my favorites. I love to play it again in the new version.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AVX0 said:

Thanks!! This campaign is one of my favorites. I love to play it again in the new version.

Same here

A great campaign

• Like 1

The campaing do not work anymore. Only this message shows on the screen an the game suspended. can someone help?Velkie.thumb.jpg.27a0f9c55d828a5c080b37d10c30c16d.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, alpenspion said:

The campaing do not work anymore. Only this message shows on the screen an the game suspended. can someone help?

I can confirm campaign will not fully load.

Will not progress pass briefing page. Click on 'Start' and I get same message as above.

I recently updated IL2 and Nvidia driver 430.39.

Edit to add: Earlier today I completed a couple missions in Sea Dragons campaign without problem.

Edited by Gordon200

3 hours ago, alpenspion said:

The campaing do not work anymore. Only this message shows on the screen an the game suspended. can someone help?

Hi, just copy luascripts folder from JG51 over Velikie Luki.rar folder and place it in data folder. For me it helpped.

Posted (edited)

Love the original language briefing and radio chatter.  Excellent work @Veteran66 and @JG4_dingsda.

Edited by chipwich

7 hours ago, chipwich said:

Love the original language briefing and radio chatter.  Excellent work Veteranen and JG4_dingsda.

All praise regarding this campaign should be directed to @Veteran66, while the shortcomings are on me. Hopefully I may bring it up to date again after the next patch.

• Thanks 1

Do I have it correctly that in mission 2, you just need to land opposite direction of takeoff?  I flew it normally last night, but believe that I found the invisible wall returning to base.

fw190a301.thumb.jpeg.7dda37758d3d066f1de384098c9b4900.jpeg

I can not covert the missions to 3.101 because there are only one Mission file (Mission2). Any ideas?

51 minutes ago, alpenspion said:

I can not covert the missions to 3.101 because there are only one Mission file (Mission2). Any ideas?

Hi, just try reinstall campaign files once again and you will get all you need files in campaign folder. Campaign progression won't disappear.

2 hours ago, Spuks said:

install campaign files once again and yo

Sorry, nothing happens. The same like bevor 😞

I’ve tried reinstalling and converting this campaign twice and can’t get past the first mission load screen. It looks like it will start, but comes back to the screen in the campaign that lists the missions.  I haven’t had trouble converting any other scripted campaign or missions, including Veteranen’s Chir.

Same problem for me, can't start the campaign (first mission) and can't convert either. Would be great if someone came up with a workaround.

The same thing here. Too bad that one of the best campaigns is not working anymore. It has been very popular within the BoX community.

It's only up to the author of this campaign to release the *.mission files for conversion. In the download pack there are only the compiled *.msnbin files (except for mission2). The conversion / resave tool cannot handle these binary files.

Posted (edited)

@alpenspion, sorry @Semor76

you also can fly only mission 02.

I briefly checked your files and they show the same as all others have at the moment.

Only the author of the campaign can provide us with the needed *.mission files.

Or with msnbin files up to date, if he doesn't want us to see the editor mechanics.

We can't do anything.

See my screenshot.

Veliki_Luki_files.jpg

Edited by FlyNavy_BeeKayVR
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Same problem as Chipwich and others above.  Also tried Semor76's files and no joy.  Double-triple-quadruple checked install folders etc.  Everything is correct, but it exhibits the same failure to start as any other scripted campaign that needs to be converted to current version of the game - however this is impossible to do because of the missing mission files.

I will dream about what a great campaign it is, though.

Edited by Stoopy

Sorry guys, I am away from my machine and will be for quite a while... October that is. :( I'll only be able to convert the files when I am back. I will include the .mission files then, too, so a situation like this cannot happen again.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks so much for the reply! No worries and hope all goes well while you are away.

On 7/24/2019 at 11:45 AM, JG4_dingsda said:

Sorry guys, I am away from my machine and will be for quite a while... October that is. :( I'll only be able to convert the files when I am back. I will include the .mission files then, too, so a situation like this cannot happen again.

Great!