JG4_dingsda

VeteranenCampaign -- JG51 over Velikie Luki

Just got started on it and I'm really liking it.

Somewhat different from my usual as I see no waypoints laid out. Just the instructions to fly to and from the target. Still, having a very good time and enjoying flying the FW190 and also appreciating the map!

hello gents i having error with the campaign just after starting. object undefined (lauscripts\worldobjects\mapemitters\test\veteran_ari1.txt)   I did put all extra files in campaign folder and it still give me same error.

if you have any advice i would appreciated 

hello gents i having error with the campaign just after starting. object undefined (lauscripts\worldobjects\mapemitters\test\veteran_ari1.txt)   I did put all extra files in campaign folder and it still give me same error.

if you have any advice i would appreciated 

Hello Papa_Bear,

you have to unzip into the Battle of Stalingrad mainfolder, not in the campaign folder. :)

Hello Papa_Bear,

you have to unzip into the Battle of Stalingrad mainfolder, not in the campaign folder. thanks for replay

thanks for replay. now i got it. i just need extract extra folders to main folder and campaign folder to campaign folder

Thanks for the campaign. Everything worked just fine, had a lot of fun. :salute:

Thank you for reviewing the campaign, ShamrockOneFive. I added a link to it in the first post. I hope that is ok.  :) 

Been playing through this, loving it, especially the voice acting, which is fantastic, and proving an interesting challenge for my German. How/who voice acted this? Also, I think I've heard the term used in one or two of the lines, but what does the word(s?) that sound like "trobado" mean in German? I'm probably mishearing it and almost certainly miss-spelling it, but I hear it in this as well as Steel Division, Normandy 44 which has a line for movement orders that goes "Nach dem Jagd! Trobado!". Is it some sort of cheer? 

Thats "Horrido". Its LF's victory cry similar to "scratch one bandit" in which served to inform other units nearby over radio to confirm the transmitter's kill visually (when possible).

It originated from old German hunting dog command.

There are idiotic claims over the internet that the term is associated with a religious figure "saint horridus".

This is no such person.

Aaaah, ok, thanks for clearing that up. Funny that Steel Divisions has ground units using it too, but good to have an explanation. Thanks for that. 

With Veteran's permission I recompiled his excellent "I./JG51 over Velikie Luki"-missions into a scripted campaign. I hope you enjoy his missions as much as I did. Thanks Veteran! :)

Thanks for the interesting compaign on the new map for me! For myself, I made a replacement for the skins attached to the company. If anyone desires, it can also download my 4K version for the 2./JG51 and 3./JG51.

post-134784-0-32359900-1518094035_thumb.jpgpost-134784-0-84536400-1518094036_thumb.jpg

post-134784-0-94170400-1518094038_thumb.jpgpost-134784-0-84179600-1518094040_thumb.jpg

post-134784-0-91453200-1518094042_thumb.jpgpost-134784-0-87776900-1518094044_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

For myself, I made a replacement for the skins attached to the company. If anyone desires, it can also download my 4K version for the 2./JG51 and 3./JG51.

Thanks for sharing, FoxbatRU. I linked to your post in the OP, if this is ok for you. :salute:

• Upvote 1

I recompiled the campaign for version 3.001. I did not have any time to playtest it though.

• Upvote 1

Thank you so much to save this nice campaign into 3.0.0.1. Looking forward to see more from you (and veteran). I am an old SP and playing only in VR.

Best regards

Thanks mate.Will do some testings over the Weekend and report back.

19 hours ago, JG4_dingsda said:

I recompiled the campaign for version 3.001. I did not have any time to playtest it though.

Hi JG4_dingsda, when saving again each file, it is perfectly working. You have to do a review of certain hours in the morning that were clearer before the update and now are dark. In my campaign I had to correct a few hours for that reason.

Posted (edited)
On 15.3.2018 at 11:13 PM, dadaphil said:

Looking forward to see more from you (and veteran).

I am merely the steward of these missions, trying to carry them along as BOX moves forward. As for @Veteran66: I'd enjoy it so much seeing him going at it again, alas, afaik he lacks the time. :(

18 hours ago, Walter_Nowotny said:

You have to do a review of certain hours in the morning that were clearer before the update and now are dark.

I will have a look. Thanks for the info, Walter! :salute:

Edited by JG4_dingsda

Posted (edited)

Recompiled for game version 3.005. Download link see OP.

Edited by JG4_dingsda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, JG4_dingsda said:

Recompiled for game version 3.005. Download link see OP.

Danke dir :)

Thanks a lot Dingsda!

@Veteran66 I still enjoy your audios of the VL campaign in my private missions, thank you very much again! (although I do not understand anything of German ... but everything is for the environment´s mission)

Danke dir für das aktualisieren auf Version 3.005! Tolle Kampagne!

Hi, The first mission in JG 51 over Velikie Luki was one of the best Fw 190 missions i have flown, but it all ends there, because the second mission is impossible to play, i have no problem taking off in a 190, but the second mission all the flight seem to fly into an invisible wall and are destroyed ? i have tried many times and always with the same result, vert strange !!

so i was wondering if there is a hot fix to solve this problem

Cheers.

The skins are in a file labeled "Fw190A3" but the skins themselves are labeled "109" without a variant.

Not that there's anything wrong with that but you know how picky some people can be. lol

Excellent job. Enjoyable campaign.

I updated last version of the campaign today

I tried mission 2 ( mission 1 immersion was excellent ) but my FW and all other FW crashed immediately before taking off . My plane crashed a few second just after pushing the throttle.

Can someone help me to solve this bug ?

15 hours ago, Gordon200 said:

The skins are in a file labeled "Fw190A3" but the skins themselves are labeled "109" without a variant.

Not that there's anything wrong with that but you know how picky some people can be. lol

Excellent job. Enjoyable campaign.

I totally agree; excellent campaign. I have played it some time ago. Unfortunately, after a recent update the 2nd mission is not playable anymore since all FW190 seem to crash into an invisible wall. @Gordon200: Did you not encounter that problem or did you find a way to solve it?

I hope Dingsda  finds the time too look into this...

• Like 1

On 10/12/2018 at 10:21 PM, Voss said:

I updated last version of the campaign today

I tried mission 2 ( mission 1 immersion was excellent ) but my FW and all other FW crashed immediately before taking off . My plane crashed a few second just after pushing the throttle.

Can someone help me to solve this bug ?

Yup, I have the same bug. This is the only scripted campaign installed. Also frontline borders are still broken.

On 10/12/2018 at 10:21 PM, Voss said:

I tried mission 2 ( mission 1 immersion was excellent ) but my FW and all other FW crashed immediately before taking off .

I uploaded a new version, where I moved the start a little upfront. It ist possible to start and land (east to west) again and continue with mission 3 afterwards. This is only a temporary solution. I am still searching for that strange invisible object... :mda:

21 hours ago, Reckoner_ said:

Also frontline borders are still broken.

I think this is by design. :biggrin:

Edited by JG4_dingsda
  • Upvote 2

Hi Dingsda, thanks for the update; great that you found a workaround for the crash on take-off.

which is the latest version of this campaign ?

Edited by dog1

5 minutes ago, dog1 said:

does the campaign work in BOS ? i have the FW190 A3 as collector .

Yes, you are good to go. :)

8 minutes ago, dog1 said:

which is the latest version of this campaign ?

See OP, it's 1.04b.  

Something from one of the last patches broke the campaign. I´m unable to get my bird in the air. The slightest rudder input kicks the players plane off the runway. I did a quck test in QMB with the FW190, all works normal. So, it must be some of the campaign parameters.

4 minutes ago, Semor76 said:

Something from one of the last patches broke the campaign. I´m unable to get my bird in the air. The slightest rudder input kicks the players plane off the runway. I did a quck test in QMB with the FW190, all works normal. So, it must be some of the campaign parameters. 

I came to the conclusion that _every_ patch breaks something in this campaign. :biggrin:

Thanks for letting me know, Semor. I'll have a look at it. :)

Edited by JG4_dingsda

Hi

I am on the last mission of the campaign and strange things happen :

Some FW do not takeoff

Though I shoot down several enemies and land, I do not have "success"

Is this normal ?