Photo

IL2 Stat/Career tracker for MS Access 2016

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Pinko

Pinko

Posted 03 January 2017 - 20:25

Some time ago as an experiment/learning exercise I made an MS Access 2016 database to manually log stats after flying the in-game ‘campaign’ missions, to provide a basic career record. It worked out surprisingly well for my basic requirements and expectations, and so I’ve created a new version with ranks & medals along with some other changes.

This is simply the equivalent of pen, paper and dice, so is nowhere near the quality or features of things like PWCG etc., in fact it could be considered shameful to mention them in the same sentence, and the ranks and awards I’ve included are based on just a brief bit of research online, so would probably disgust anyone with an ounce of historical knowledge.

But,… if anyone has MS Access 2016, likes the quick accessibility and regular action of the current career missions, then you are more than welcome to give it a go.

It doesn’t provide much for pure bombers however, because the game itself doesn’t offer target selection, crew details, detailed after mission information on the target etc., but it should, in theory, still enable a career to be tracked.

The database is currently here on drop-box for download (PM me if this doesn't work):

https://www.dropbox....cker.accdb?dl=0

Main_zpscvispj55.pngpilot_zps7dj84g7l.png

enlist_zpsvj70adi4.png

career_zpsug5n2sf7.png

sortie1_zps2ywntt29.png

sortie2_zpsrp82ov4v.png

outcome_zpsjhcisnhu.png

Next_zpsbndjc0i8.png

Example of MIA calculator:

MIA_zpsxtih5ris.png

Edited by Pinko, 08 July 2017 - 18:49.

“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss forum. The abyss forum gazes also into you.”

#2 Toxin1

Toxin1
  • Founder

Posted 03 January 2017 - 23:10

Thumbs_Up_Star.png

I like it :salute:  Thanks for sharing.

#3 Bando

Bando
  • Founder

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:14

It looks good.

All the efforts in this direction are welcome.

Thanks!!

System specs:

Spoiler

#4 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 04 January 2017 - 19:29

Pity that you did not use the FREE database software from Libreoffice or/and Openoffice. But I will give it a go on this, maybe they can convert it from Acces 2016, without bugs.
Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Dutch2, 04 January 2017 - 19:35.

#5 Pinko

Pinko

Posted 04 January 2017 - 20:26

Thanks for the comments.

@Dutch2, I think you said that for the last version I made, but I'm just working with what I have to hand; I use Access for both home and work so this has been a 'homework' project that has both helped me enjoy Il-2 more and consequently then helped me with things I've then made in work.

Considering there is a proper career on the way, and the better career tools out there already, I can't see it worthwhile me getting my head around a different bit of software just for my 'pen and paper' database!

Edited by Pinko, 04 January 2017 - 20:27.

“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss forum. The abyss forum gazes also into you.”

#6 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 14 May 2017 - 19:45

Why did you remove the link.

#7 Pinko

Pinko

Posted 15 May 2017 - 19:13

Why did you remove the link.

I had a small website which it was hosted on, but I took that down for the time being; I figured there probably wasn't that much interest in my little Access experiment anyway so it was no real loss.

(If anyone does want the database I put the note to PM me).

Cheers,

Pinko.

#8 Pinko

Pinko

Posted 08 July 2017 - 18:50

Have just added a drop-box link to the main post, after having had a few enquiries for the database.

#9 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:18

Just forgot to publish, but it does NOT work in Libre and Open -office dbase software, normally every MSoffice application can be used. by this free office tools.
So yeah it did look great but this tool is very limited to only MS acces 2016.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users