Juri_JS

Ivan's War scripted campaign

Thank you for this, only just started this today and enjoying what I have played so far.

I am proud to present my first scripted campaign for Il-2 BoS. In 20 mission the player will take the role of a Yak-1 pilot during the battle of Stalingrad in the time between early July 1942 and early January 1943. The background story is fictional, but some of the missions are loosely based on real events.

Many thanks! An interesting and diverse campaign. :good: I played in this company with translation into Russian.

Been flying this campaign myself lately.  Beautifully done and a joy to fly.  Well done sir!  I actually made and uploaded a Video AAR the other day on one of the missions.

• Upvote 1

I really like flying this campaign, congratulations to Juri!
I did the first 5 missions with 8 air kill, bur undergoing a killing, an emergency landing near the track for out of fuel and a landing in which I folded the propeller and this little mistake cost me a failed mission.
I like to try to fly without aid or hud, or map, so with the maximum of realism. But with the Yak it seems impossible, in fact not only you do not see the fuel level (it is on the internal attack of the wings) and the variometer is missing (minor evil), but above all the compass is covered and is not visible in any position of the views, at least I can not do it.
Do you tell me how do you know in which direction you are flying and what solution do you take?
(Of course, like most simmers, I do not have any particular vision devices, such as Track IR, VR or similar, but only the standard mapping of the commands).

In IL-2 46 there is the possibility to show the bar with only the course digit, this would be very useful also here, but...

Stebas.

Edited by Alfaunostebas11

You can move the pilots head position to see the compass. I am not sure what the default keys are. You can find it in the controls menu under "Pilot Head Control", it's called "Move pilot head left", "Move pilot head right".

Thank you for the quick replay, Jim, but for me it does'nt work.

When I move the head (by default with the numeric keypad) you "turn" the view in any direction, but the head is stationary and the compass remain hidden.

There should be a command to "slip" or to "shift" the position of the head, in order to change the viewing angle, but I do not know if there is ...

But on the other hand I found a way to make only the course indication to appear.
Just check "instrument panel", with "no hud" and only the three-digit indication of the path appears in the lower left (it works only in Expert mode, I think)...
Now I have to understand how to see the fuel level indicator on the wing ... with the external views it is not possible to zoom enough to read the instrument.

Edited by Alfaunostebas11

Look in the control menu which keys are assigned to the left and right move commands I mentioned above. These will not turn the head only shift it to the left and right.

Yes... you are right Jim thank you.

I was only use the command to turn the head, but there is possible also to shift and so I can view all the intruments and also the fuel on the wing. For the latter they occours three movements however: right and up to protude the head and then zoom to read the instruments !

Very well, thank you again !

Thank you for this very varied and pleasant Campaign :happy:. Many hours of solitary pleasure :rolleyes:. The difficulty is balanced so that AI are rather prey than inhuman hunters.

I am having fun with this also. The latest update broke the launching of this campaign for me anyways. .

I will update the campaign and all my other work to 3.001. This will probably take quite some time, because all waypoint icons need to be reworked, so they will correctly show altitude and speed data.

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

Sorry, currently there won't be an update for Ivan's War and also for my mission packs. I've noticed that the skip function I use when showing intro or outro images in the missions is no longer working. The skip function uses an external flash (swf) file that stopped working after update 3.002. I will wait for the next official game update to see if the problem gets fixed. If not I will have to make all images automatically disappear after a number of seconds, but this will be quite a lot of work and would force the player to wait without an option to skip the images.

If anyone knows how to make flash files work again in the game I would be very grateful.

• Upvote 1

Hopefully you can solve the issue soon, I'm waiting to do the sixth mission since March 14... :blink:

And thank you very much for the campaign, I find it really good!! :)

You can use the "Resave all missions in folder tool" in the Mission Editor to make the missions playable again, but you won't be able to skip intro and outro screens and have to wait till they end automatically, which might take up to a minute. Moreover you will probably get the blue landscape bug in winter missions, which requires a manual rework of weather settings in the ME.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I do not have much experience with the Mission Editor, but I'll take a look.

Thank you for your help! :)

Edited:

It works again! Thank you very much!

Edited by Rustigan

On 24/04/2018 at 4:39 PM, Juri_JS said:

You can use the "Resave all missions in folder tool" in the Mission Editor to make the missions playable again, but you won't be able to skip intro and outro screens and have to wait till they end automatically, which might take up to a minute. Moreover you will probably get the blue landscape bug in winter missions, which requires a manual rework of weather settings in the ME.

I am replaying it in version 3.002

I had played 7 or 8 missions in late evrsion 2 but I lost everything due to a bad reinstall, so I am restarting it

Apart from the lack of skip, things look ok.

Stuka rear gunners are much more dangerous than 110 rear gunner anyway !

Still a nice campaign, and I love the Yak-1s69

Edited by jeanba

Thank you very much Juri! I already played that campaign twice and still love it! Looking forward for a third attempt ;-)

Is axies and allies available ?

As for myself, I canot connect since Friday :(

It's not necessary to shoot down the recon plane to complete the mission. If it's too difficult just return to your airfield. Or you could restart the mission and if you are lucky  a different recon plane type will appear that's easier to shoot down.

• Thanks 1

Hi

I am playing the night intercept mission (13 or 14).

I cannot shoot flares (I use default key Lctrl 1), even after the alert, is there anything special to do ?

Thank you in advance

On 12/12/2019 at 11:28 AM, jeanba said:

Hi

I am playing the night intercept mission (13 or 14).

I cannot shoot flares (I use default key Lctrl 1), even after the alert, is there anything special to do ?

Thank you in advance

I am away from home and can't test the mission at the moment. Can you shoot flares when flying the Yak-1 in quick missions or is it only a problem in the campaign mission?

And did you open the cockpit before trying to fire a flare?

Edited by Juri_JS

Hi 

I refefined the keys for flares and it works 

Sorry for disturbing you 

It is an excellent mission

I finished the campaign.

It was great, thank you

Hi,

I have just completed the first two missions.
Great work, I have really enjoyed it.
But In both missions I land the plane without any damage, even not taking any damage in the fighting during the missions and still I have got both times "Forced Landing".
Any one knows why?

Good everyone, I have been using campaigns created by users and

virtual pilots, like us, for a long time to make people aware of the

beauty of flying OFFLINE, it is not all about flying Online.

As a result, I'm doing a sequel to all of these campaigns, including this one, to which I've added the Spanish translation.

that I will upload at some point that I can. For now, I present to those interested in what they may find, the Juri_JS campaign from the First Mission until the 20th.

I want to thank Juri_JS for their great work and the great work done.

enjoy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2