Juri_JS

Ivan's War scripted campaign

And just finished! Thank you and well done for this campaign.

I was never a fan of them in 1946, because I hate air-starts. Now I am converted: this is excellent SP, and for someone who only previously had about 20 minutes in the Yak a great way to get to know the plane.

The missions are not gimmicky, and totally believable. Briefings have just enough Chrome to get the imagination going, not so much that it becomes tiresome.

Two observations for small improvements/fixes:

1) Perhaps a few more missions could have done with some wind, just to make the landings and navigation more interesting - I only noticed any in mission 20.

2) On the mission 20 map the red numbers - course headings - appear to be in the wrong place, ie the westbound leg says 91 degrees when that label should be on the home-bound leg. Did not notice that in any other mission.

Edited by unreasonable

2) On the mission 20 map the red numbers - course headings - appear to be in the wrong place, ie the westbound leg says 91 degrees when that label should be on the home-bound leg. Did not notice that in any other mission.

It's a bug in the game, that sometimes happens when the range/degree texts of two routes overlap. When I find the time I will report this to the developers.

Great job with this! One thing I am noticing, is that I cannot toggle between altimeter pressure levels. Once I switch to the altitude above sea level, I cannot switch back to the altitude setting above the airfield.

Great job with this! One thing I am noticing, is that I cannot toggle between altimeter pressure levels. Once I switch to the altitude above sea level, I cannot switch back to the altitude setting above the airfield.

I seem to remember that you cannot switch back to field level once you are in the air. You may be able to switch if you return to the departure field.

Thx for the campaign, having a lot of fun with it!

One proposal though: I would like to bring my flights to a proper end after landing, like taxiing to some place, switching engine off, think about the flight but not being ejected with the mission end message before the plane has even come to a halt.

Thx for the campaign, having a lot of fun with it!

One proposal though: I would like to bring my flights to a proper end after landing, like taxiing to some place, switching engine off, think about the flight but not being ejected with the mission end message before the plane has even come to a halt.

Taxiing after landing would only be possible when I remove the images shown at the end of a mission. The devs mentioned, that they might add an option that allows showing images/videos outside missions in the campaigns menue itself. Once this happens I will move all images from the missions into the campaign menue and allow taxiing after landing.

• Upvote 1

I strongly support this proposal (allow taxi  and bulletshole count after landing);

Many thx anyway, Juri, for the pleasure i have to fly in your campaign.

The campaign looks fantastic. I downloaded it, installed but could not launch the first nor any mission. It repeadly asked me if I wanted to start new career. After approval and clicking on START nothing happened. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance. 

Sorry Cibule,

I hadn't seen your post. I have no idea what might be the cause of the problem. Do the other campaigns work for you and have you correctly placed the "Ivans War - by Juri_JS" folder with all files in the campaign directory ?

Thx, Juri, for the 10 hours of pleasure to fly this campaign; not to hard but immersive!

Works still fine under v 2.009c (for me).

I regret the frustrating exit of the missions ( no taxi to park and possibility to assess the damage I survived) but it seems to be part of the game programming rules.

Campaign missions ending rule of thumb could be:

"He wins who survives to fight another day; the remainder is matter of medals or court-martial !"

Again, good job and ... check six!

Have had this installed for little while , now that I have gotten back into BoS with VR I am going to have to give this a try now - really looking forward to it!

There's only music at the start of the first mission and during the epilogue of the last mission.

Anyone have any tips for Mission 7? I'm finding it to be a really tough one to pass.

" A mission is completed when the player lands back at his home airfield" or similar wording. Ie make a best efforts attempt to do whatever it was (I think that was the one where you have to do a ground recce alone?)  and return home.  I vaguely remember getting a message when I was flying around in the right area of the map - although as usual with BoS spotting ground targets is exceptionally difficult even when they are in the open.

" A mission is completed when the player lands back at his home airfield" or similar wording. Ie make a best efforts attempt to do whatever it was (I think that was the one where you have to do a ground recce alone?)  and return home.  I vaguely remember getting a message when I was flying around in the right area of the map - although as usual with BoS spotting ground targets is exceptionally difficult even when they are in the open.

Got it - my main problem was the altitude at which I was flying:

I was flying at far too high of an altitude, and so naturally the patrol of 109s above Stalingrad pegged me and my wingman easily every time. Once I stayed low to the ground and to the flight plan, completing the mission wasn't hard.

Hi! Nice campaign so far! Engine and weapon sounds missing in mission 4 Scramble...im not sure if its mission or game bug. Or perhaps hardware issue ? 

Hm, you are right, something is wrong in mission 4. I will check what the reason is.

I am not completely sure what caused the problem in mission 4, but I think I've fixed it.

Here's version 1.1 of my campaign, with the fix for mission 4, some other minor changes and now with Russian briefings by CAHEK and DED-olaff:

http://www.axis-and-allies-paintworks.com/download.php?view.940

Good day Juri_JS

Can you post the version of the campaign somewhere else?

From the specified place I can not download.

Many thanks!

Try if you can download now Kosman. Our admin changed some settings. Please tell me if it now works for you.

I have just finished playing this campaign, a real pleasure, a very good time spent in the skies of Stalingrad...Thank you for all that Juri...A big thank you for this beautiful work... :clapping:  :good:

I have just started this one, looks like it is going to be a lot of fun!

I successfully completed the first mission. I was a little bummed as I had downed a 110 in flames, and after successfully returning to base I was not credited with any aerial victories. Think it is a game bug though, I have seen that happen occasionally in some other campaigns as well.

I look forward to progressing onward in this one, I am sure it is going to be a blast!

Thanks so much for all your efforts in putting this together for us!

Edited by dburne

Augh!

I was flying Mission #6 - Don the Bridge I believe - had a successfull air battle protecting the PE-2's with a couple of 109 kills under my belt.

Flying back to home air base, just before landing - had dropped my gear and flaps on final approach, and blammo something nails my plane and I start spiraling. Took a quick look at exterior and one of my own wingmen flew right into me and chopped my wing off!

Mission Denied! I was so proud of that one too, just when you least expect it LOL. 

Really enjoying this campaign, but can't believe I have to fly this one again and go through all that again. I will keep careful watch on those wingies this time on the return.

Edited by dburne

If you don't want to fly the whole mission again, land immediately after take off. A successful landing is the only mission objective.

If you don't want to fly the whole mission again, land immediately after take off. A successful landing is the only mission objective.

Ah good to know thanks!

However I went ahead and flew it again and got it this time, which I would have preferred to do anyway. 

I just finished this campaign.

What a blast to fly!

I thoroughly enjoyed this one, especially liked the little longer length - 20 missions. I especially enjoyed the last 4 missions, and the music after completing the last one was a nice touch.

Thanks so much for this one Juri, I hope all you guys that have been doing these will continue to do more as we go along. I really like these scripted campaigns! I will be leaving it installed as I am sure I will be playing through it again at some point.

Thank you for your kind words dburne.

And a question for everyone - I wonder how my campaign compares to BlackSix Blazing Steppe campaign. Both are Yak-1 Stalingrad campaigns, but my shows almost the whole battle, whereas BlackSix work covers a short periode in more detail. What do you guys think is the better approach for future projects? Campaigns covering longer periods that give a broad overview of historic events or campaigns that focus on shorter episodes in greater detail?

Thank you for your kind words dburne.

And a question for everyone - I wonder how my campaign compares to BlackSix Blazing Steppe campaign. Both are Yak-1 Stalingrad campaigns, but my shows almost the whole battle, whereas BlackSix work covers a short periode in more detail. What do you guys think is the better approach for future projects? Campaigns covering longer periods that give a broad overview of historic events or campaigns that focus on shorter episodes in greater detail?

Well as for me, it really does not matter.

I am more into the action than dates really, as long as I enjoy the elements and challenges of each mission as I progress through the campaign then I am very happy with it.

I thoroughly enjoyed both Blazing Steppe and Ivan's War.

What a great campaign!

I've just finished playing and I have to say that I enjoyed it a lot. The missions are very well composed, with a lot of action and variety.

One more time, thanks for your work.

PS: I'm sending you the spanish translation for this campaign.

:good: 

Gives me a good reason to have a play through this one again, thanks for updating it!