BM357_TinMan

Key Mapping Profile Switching

Do I understand correctly that there is no way to easily save and switch between saved key mapping profiles?  If this is the case, which it certainly appears to be, it needs to be fixed immediately.

There are planes that use cowl flaps, mixture axis, radiator axis, prop pitch axis, etc and some that don't.  It seems like a major oversight not be able to load a I-16 key map profile when flying an I-16 and to switch/load a 109 profile when flying a 109.

• Upvote 1

In a lot of cases the ability to have multiple actions to one key action overcomes this

Just as one example I have normal trim, FW-190 trim and BF-109 trim on the same input(all different key commands), as you can only fly one aircraft at once it does not matter in this instance that different methods are controlled by the same logical key,

the ability to have multiple keys to one action allows you to also to have Bf-109 trim on an axis at the same time

More options are always good, but in most cases this is not such an issue as it first seems,

however with multi engines and JU-52 it is more complex.. :mellow: and another profile would be very handy for many

What  I have more of a problem with is not being able to set Joystick Curves/settings on an individual aircraft basis

What feels realistic (to me) on a P-40 is not what I want on an He-111 etc.

Cheers Dakpilot

• Upvote 1

Do I understand correctly that there is no way to easily save and switch between saved key mapping profiles?  If this is the case, which it certainly appears to be, it needs to be fixed immediately.

There are planes that use cowl flaps, mixture axis, radiator axis, prop pitch axis, etc and some that don't.  It seems like a major oversight not be able to load a I-16 key map profile when flying an I-16 and to switch/load a 109 profile when flying a 109.

Take in mind: multiple profiles will looks "complicated" for newcomers - and even for "veterans". I see - since very long date - players complain against flight games GUI use more than "12 keys" in every related forum.

So, is matter of compromises. Difficult this will happen in Bo'X'.

You know how deal with .BAT files?

Is not difficult handle different profiles with .BAT, the major inconvenience is that need to re-start the game to change, since game engine load keys configuration at start.

BTW - In CloD is possible save multiple profiles, and change then "on the fly", include online flights. And even with this facility people complain against need a different key in this or that plane - they are in this group that want use only "12 keys".  :lol:

Salutations,

Could you provide a sample batch file for us to modify for our use.

I can figure it out from there. Thanks.

Use jsgme and swap the whole content of the input folder. This even works if you sometimes use different controllers.  link

Edited by [DBS]El_Marta

I see that this is a mod handler... may I assume it can be used to switch controller input profiles per craft.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Yes, Crete inside JGSME _MOD folder, folders for planes: X, Y... etc that you want exclusive controls assignments and one for "Default controls".

Copy Bo"X" actual Input folder for this "Default controls" folder.

Run game and configure controls for plane "X".

Exit and copy the input folder for plane "X" folder.

Run game again and configure for plane "Y".

Do the same and etc.

After all done use JGSME for move "Input" folder from these copies for game directory according to the plane you want fly.

A bit more laborious that a in game option, but better than nothing. ;)

And few planes will require exclusive controls assignment.

Is one capable of changing to another aircraft input profile 'while in the game' or are we locked into one and have to exit the game to use another crafts input profile?

Ah.. ok we have to exit.

Is one capable of changing to another aircraft input profile 'while in the game' or are we locked into one and have to exit to use another craft?

Seems like no, because the game loads the input files at startup. So you would need to restart after changing the files.

I would recommend trying just a Russian and German profile, since you probably don't switch sides as often as you switch planes. With my tendencies, this would mean at least a couple hours before I would need to restart and switch.

Personally though, I solved this problem by mapping multiple things to single controls (e.g. vstab and outlet cowls on the same rotary axis because no plane has both a stabilizer and outlet cowls).

Another option is 3rd party software between the joystick and the game. Many joysticks come with stuff like this (my X-55 does) but there are also some tools in the Hardware & Controllers section of the forum that should work with any controller.

Edited by 19.GIAP//curiousGamblerr

The idea of mapping multiple things to a single control is a very good idea where applicable. Thanks.