Calling 780's owners to find a real solution to update 2006 and NVIDIA drivers

Devs, pls. tell me if this outstanding sim Work with win7 64bit and what type of gpu?

Yes...why wouldn't it run on Win 7?

I ran it on Windows 7 64 for years with a GTX 970.

As someone posted, it must be a problem not only with the driver, but also in combination with some graphic option.

I was getting constant crashes and after I updated the drivers 382.19 and change some sli and graphic settings, I was able to log several 2-3 hours flights with no problems.

I am a reckless beta tester, so I did not document precisely what I changed...

Anyway, I upgraded my gpu last week. With my 780SLI (3GB) I was getting good FPS overall on hig ( most of the time 60), but when I moved my head around, I was getting a lot of stutters.

My uneducated guess is that my VRAM was not enough and the stutters looked like texture loading. It's just a theory, anyway.

Now running like butter on ultra @6050x1200.

Edited by Chipi
  • 4 weeks later...

Do you happen to have a link to the 350.12 driver download for windows 10? I can only find windows 7 and 8 versions.

As I posted in previous page, 350.12 do not support windows 10. we should use 353.62 which gives your windows 10 version and works fine to me.

Remember disable auto update though, windows 10 will automatically update your driver to newest version....

• 2 weeks later...

Confirm 350.12 driver for win7 and gtx 780 is working more than 70min in this fantastic flight sim, no errors

How about the frame rate? As driver 350.12 also worked fine with my GTX 780 (win7) only until the last game update, since then I can't play due to terrible stuttering (I am getting only about 6 FPS).

Update: yesterday I tried the game again and after it downloaded a small update I was surprised that a Quick Mission flight was getting my usual level of FPS (around 60). Before even sitting in a parked plane with zero activity around I would get only 6 FPS. I am still using driver 350.12.

It seems the devs have solved the problem of critically low FPS, at least in my case.   

• 5 months later...

Yeh sorry, i know that some of the older drivers work with this game, but i have over 100+ games installed, and all work fine with new drivers, dont really want to have to use a very old driver to play just this game, surely there must be a easy fix for this.

OK then, but there's no other easy fix AFAIK... well... except for buying GTX1060 6GB :-D

My thinking is that nvidia wont fix this problem with the older cards like 780/780ti, as they want you to move on and buy newer cards, this is wrong thou.

My thinking is that nvidia wont fix this problem with the older cards like 780/780ti, as they want you to move on and buy newer cards, this is wrong thou.

So true.  I had the same feeling.  I couldn't use old drivers, as newer programs I need to work with wouldn't work with the old stuff.  It is quite disheartening.     

However, I fixed the issue .... as my 780 died a few weeks ago.   As much as I didn't like how Nvidia recognized this issue, and did nothing about it, I couldn't overlook the power of a 1080 over any of the AMD products.   So 1080 I went!