Calling 780's owners to find a real solution to update 2006 and NVIDIA drivers

I've had the same experience as FuriousMeow wrt my upgrade from SLI 2 x Titan Blacks (780Ti on roids) to a single 1080Ti.

For me it has made a huge difference.

ZachariasX

I've had the same experience as FuriousMeow wrt my upgrade from SLI 2 x Titan Blacks (780Ti on roids) to a single 1080Ti.

For me it has made a huge difference.

If you want more, there's the Titan Xp. Solely available from NVidia. As usual with their top line product. Costs about as much as a pair of 1080's...

Jaws2002

Hi mates... just another Nvidia driver has been released.. https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1007101/geforce-drivers/official-382-05-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-5-4-17-/post/5141587/#5141587

just crossing fingers but not too confident...

Regards,

Ala13_Knightcrow

Thanks. Downloading.

I already sold my old 780, but i want to try this new "fast sync" thing.

III./SG77-G_Feldges

382.05 still crashes for me. I have a GTX780.

D3D Error 

DXBufferMan11::vb(..)

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

Ala13_knightcrow

New patch v2010, even worse... now with the old driver version 368.81 i'm getting CTD with dxbufferman11::vb(..) DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED  :negative::dash:

i've just faced these CTD twice at Berloga with very dense action...  I've been able to fly a couple of missions at Random Expert where i've suffered from Stuttering and some slowdowns when closed to action flying low...but fortunately i could finish both without crashing to desktop...

This needs a hot fix...

Edited by Ala13_knightcrow
Gambit21

I feel for you guys - frustrating.

As a point of reference, although I just got my Ryzen 1700 up and running, I can tell you that my 1080 didn't seem bottle-necked at all on my i5 2500k system...at least it pegged 60fps on my 4K monitor.

If that helps anyone wondering if they should upgrade to a 1080 on a similar system.

RobCarter3

382.05 + v2.010 works for me! I've played several hours now without a single crash or interruption! Interestingly, 368.81 now causes crashes within 0-5 seconds of starting the game.

ST_ami7b5

382.05 + v2.010 works for me! I've played several hours now without a single crash or interruption! Interestingly, 368.81 now causes crashes within 0-5 seconds of starting the game.

That would be fantastic!

ST_ami7b5

Hmmm, true :(

Seems I am finished with BoX until I collect money for a new graphics card.
Damned 780.

Edited by ST_ami7b5
ZachariasX

Damned 780.

See you in RoF then :)
Ala13_knightcrow

shame... They don't really care about us... just wanna we give up, shut up and buy another card until the day They want to promote a new driver that make it obsolete too....

Regards,

Ala13_Knightcrow

ST_ami7b5

Now you scare me.

That's because you show no sympathy for my GTX780 disaster.

Edited by ST_ami7b5
ZachariasX

That's because you show no symphaty for my GTX780 disaster.

I have a such a Titan on the shelf that for that reason and I won't even put in a backup rig for gaming because of this issue. Been there, seen it, but spent too much to get a T-shirt as well.

Actually, your situation just worsened. NVidia just showcased their next gen Volta chip. The upcoming GV100 is projected to be about 50% faster than the current top lineup. Meaning you decide to give in today and spend full price on a top line GPU, latest in 5 months it will be about 30% below top standard.

Besides, NVidia caring for the customer, that would be a first. They care for your money though...

ZachariasX

Your advice, Zach?

Get a regular 1080 and don't tell your spouse. There are some ok offers by now. Performance differences amongst those kind of cards are not relevant in game. 8GB Vram is enough for everything *today* (tomorrow, you'll put it in the trash, go shop for the next and you don't tell your wife).

TitanXp is nice, but overpriced. Throwing that one away, your wife might notice, you sobbing next to the trashbin.

ST_ami7b5

:)
Love you.

P.S. where are those OK offers?
GTX 1080 AERO 8G OC for 549.39 EUR would be OK?
P.S.2 I just wrote to NVidia I will not buy anything more from them...
This is a moral dilema now...

Edited by ST_ami7b5
Gambit21

I had to get my 1080 via a 'cover op' ami.

Sometimes that's just how it has to go.

ZachariasX

There is no morals when NVidia is involved. You're fine.

I have a specimen that OC's to 2 GHz, but frankly in gameplay you won't notice the difference over standard clocks. In dense sceneries, it will even throttle down as your CPU is the bottleneck. So I'd take price and availability as main criteria of otherwise very similar products. As abgeneral rule, you want to look up in the net if there is coil while with your specific choice.

So I guess you'd be fine with that card. If it works at all, BoX will produce significantly better FPS than an imaginary working 780.

Yes, we do have an expensive hobby. And yes, this is not fair.

I had to get my 1080 via a 'cover op' ami.

Sometimes that's just how it has to go.

Sneeked it in to the house in a Home Goods bag or Ace Hardware?, or was it in a box for "100ft of Garden hose" in to the shed?

ZachariasX

Sneeked it in to the house in a Home Goods bag or Ace Hardware?, or was it in a box for "100ft of Garden hose" in to the shed?

Somebody is married for a long time, huh? ;)

RobCarter3

Same Error with 382.05 + v2.010

Damned 780.

I'm away from my computer for a couple of days so I can't test any further, but I logged several hours on Thursday and several hours on Friday without any driver crashes. I'm running 2x 780tis in SLI w/ DX11 compatibility bits 0x00000005. Computers can definitely be inconsistent and infuriating things.

780gtx here, change driver to 382.05, no BSOD and the terrain looks greater and sim is much faster, ticked mirrors off, HD OFF, sharpen ON, Blur ON, terrain NORMAL,

Works fine here, forgot to said thanks for this outstanding sim.

E69_Chipi

I'm running 2x 780tis in SLI w/ DX11 compatibility bits 0x00000005.

Have you tried any other compatibility bits?? Any performance difference??

Mine is set by default 0x000000000

I have put the buying of BOM and BOK on hold until I'M sure this problem is solved.

Edited by Chipi
ST_ami7b5

780gtx here, change driver to 382.05, no BSOD and the terrain looks greater and sim is much faster, ticked mirrors off, HD OFF, sharpen ON, Blur ON, terrain NORMAL,

Works fine here, forgot to said thanks for this outstanding sim.

Tried 382.05 yesterday, from the beginning it seemed OK, but after an hour or so crashed eventually.

Try to fly for a prolonged time and then let us know...

RobCarter3

Have you tried any other compatibility bits?? Any performance difference??

Mine is set by default 0x000000000

I have put the buying of BOM and BOK on hold until I'M sure this problem is solved.

0x000000000 does not work for me post-2.010. I tried 0x000000005 based on a forum suggestion and SLI started working again. Substantial performance increase for me.

303_Kwiatek

Maby try to down some graphic settings ( ex. land textures - x2 instead x4 ). I got similar problems with my 670 GTX since last 2.10 patch ( before all settings on FULL and Ultra and no problems). So i need to down some graphic settings and errors gone.

Edited by 303_Kwiatek
IRRE_LeLong

I got a 780 too.

Since the 2.010, old driver 368 is not stable anymore -> crash after 12 min

I updated to the last Nvidia driver 382 -> crashed after 25min.

That same old D3D_ERROR. DXBufferMan11::vb(..) DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

Sad sad sad...

Ala13_knightcrow

I've updated to 382 and I've just been flying for 53 minutes.. suffering from sudden frames drop from time to time.. , it seems to get stuck when trying to zoom in ... but no CTD :o: !!

Regards,

Ala13_Knightcrow

E69_Chipi

0x000000000 does not work for me post-2.010. I tried 0x000000005 based on a forum suggestion and SLI started working again. Substantial performance increase for me.

I tried both DX11 com. bits 0x000000005 and also 0x000600F5(S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:Clear Sky) and I could not tell any significant performance difference.

I tried 0x000600F5 because STALKER and BOS share DX9 comp. bits. The DX11 implementation could be totally different on both cases, but it was worth it to give a try.

Since I installed drivers 382.19 I have logged some time without crashes. I flew three times the whole map (on AP) west-east east-west until out of fuel. Each of this flights was around 2 hours flight.

After that I tried some quick dogfights. I did like ten of them, with 16 planes involved and I got no crash at all.

All flights on Stalingrad summer map

my settings

e9j3k1.png

vjAQIM.png

DSC_1332_zpsqmxjqrx8.jpg

Edited by Chipi
BlackTangoCat

For all 780 Ti users,

I also suffered the same issue for long time and tried all solution provided by 1C supports and Nvidia...

None of them worked solidly.

As suggested by 1C support, Nvidia 568.81 is the driver version we should use, however, this driver still crashes my game randomly albeit reducing GPU clock and/or VMemory clock.

But the sprite is right.  Nvidia has some serious issues when do backward compatibility for 700 series, a golden rule in computer science is if it doesn't work, roll back find one that works.

So I tried to install old drivers for 780 ti. 350.12 is my first try, but it doesn't support win 10.  So next version is 353.62 which supports win 10.  After installing the driver, the game works amazingly no crash for several hours of playing with ultra effects and full GPU clock.

Here is my honest suggestion for piolets with 780 ti.

For win 7, 8, install driver version 350.12

For win 10, install driver version 353.62.

People may think why we want to use these old drivers... the answer will be we are using an old card... Don't trust Nvidia's backward compatibility,  it sucks.

In case for win 10 user who suffered from windows auto update for drivers, do the following:

1. open Local group editor (gpedit.exe you can run it from Cortana search bar.)

2. Find the "Windows Update" from "Administrator templates". (Sorry, don't remember exactly the path...)

3. Find the rule that says don't allow windows update to update drivers, and enable it.  Then your device drivers will not be updated anymore.

Hope it helps.  This crash issue haunted me for weeks and weeks.   I am glad the problem is solved.

Edited by StrikeRookie
BlackTangoCat

An follow up regarding disable windows update:

The exactly path is:

Administrator templates -> windows components -> windows update

Then find the setting:

Do not include drivers with windows update

Set the setting to enabled.

Then you can reinstall your 780 ti driver. and things should go fine.

For folks using windows 10 home version seems don't have gpedit... they may need handle the task from registery... but I have no idea how to do that....

E69_Chipi

Today I logged another 3 continous hours with a He-111 with no crashes so far....

Before i was getting consistent crashes, sometimes after 1 minute, sometimes after 10. But I never could play more than 30 min without the sim crashing.

Looks good

IRRE_LeLong

I guess it's not only the driver then, but also depending the graphic settings as it has been mentionned by somebody. After I updated the driver, I had like 3 crashes for 3 flights (after +- 15min flight), and also some weird game crashes when I tried to load solo or multi missions. TThen I changed the graphics a little bit randomly and I made a 50min flight without problem on Random Expert. I noticed I passed from windowed to full screen just before it worked. But sorry guys, not sure if I changed something else... I should have wrote every setting.

SCuYellowNZ

For people using VR any driver before 364.72 does not work I think, so we are stuck. tried all the driver roll backs mentioned and nothing fixes it for me. Sometimes it works great for 25 minutes, sometimes it crashes after 3. Driving me nuts! Latest drivers did not work for me, but after previous comments will give the 382.05 another go. In VR this this game is utterly amazing, so very disappointed to see it crash.

The 368.81 drivers worked flawlessly, until IL2 got updated and now are crashing every time. May have to have a word with the better half :)