VIRPILControls

Announcing Project VPC MongoosT-50

They look like 2-position switches to my eyes. From what I can tell, it has:

• 10-11 pushbuttons (depending on what the red switch on the base does)
  • 9 2-position switches
  • 4 rotaries
  • 2 4-way switches
  • 3 throttle axes

All in all, very impressive.

Edited by LukeFF

Are those two-way switches permanent or momentary? I mean do they remain in each position or do they move back to a center position?

Does this also go without the desk mount?

Desk mount is optional.

The case is that T-50 grip is not too appropriated for desktop use, is too big for this, see - comparing with VKB Mamba:

DSC04299.md.jpg

Is equivalent a TMW with 7,5cm - 10 cm extension.

T_50x_TMW.jpg

Reason for desk mount be available. Of course not everyone has desk suitable for use this, or can use cockpits, etc. So is optional.

Edited by Sokol1
  • Upvote 1

The handle is nice and I will be interested to purchase one if it turns out I can physically mod it to fit on my VKB Black Mamba.   This said, the throttle unit doesn't set me on fire.  I'll stick with my Warthog throttle.

The rudder pedals look to have the same functionality and mechanical action as the VKB T-Rudder pedals.

2cp856g.png

Edited by ATAG_Invictus

The handle is nice and I will be interested to purchase one if it turns out I can physically mod it to fit on my VKB Black Mamba.    

Even if mechanically (physically) is possible, electronically I doubt - seems VKB principle is made their base/grips exclusive, only he can make adapters for then, not third party.

Yep, this throttle unit is not very sexy (those blue buttons...).

Yes that's colors choice in render looks bad, but the extra axis make this throttle more interesting than existing ones. Is visual against usability.  :)

Flying with the VPC MongoosT-50 grip in the cockpit!

xGbaRPxl.jpg

FX9mSljl.jpg

We have already started to apply some improvements to the grip to ensure our pilots get the best possible experience!

The throttle in the cockpit photos is an early VPC prototype throttle. The VPC MongoosT-50 throttle will be even better!

The throttle image that Sokol posted is an early render of the VPC MongoosT-50 throttle. 

EugP5hh.jpg

The throttle handles are nearing completion - but we want to know from all of you, what can we do to make the perfect throttle base?

In my opinion:

Make 'm so that 2 can fit together easily.

If so, the 4 engine planes will be a lot easier to throttle forward and you'd make me one happy camper.

Edit:

And perhaps making it so that the stick, throttles and rudder don't need an USB connection each. It's already a mess of wires underneath the desk as it is..

Edited by Bando

- On throttle base, are they 2 encoders and 2 rotaries?

- Can the caps of blue push buttons be removed to insert labels?

- Are they backlit?

- Can the panels of the throttle base be removed and replaced by self made panels?

- Is the wheel on right throttle recognised as an axis?

Cheers,

- On throttle base, are they 2 encoders and 2 rotaries?

- Can the caps of blue push buttons be removed to insert labels?

- Are they backlit?

- Can the panels of the throttle base be removed and replaced by self made panels?

- Is the wheel on right throttle recognised as an axis?

Cheers,

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. No

4. Yes

5. Yes!

Keep the comments coming guys, we're making note of everything!

And perhaps making it so that the stick, throttles and rudder don't need an USB connection each. It's already a mess of wires underneath the desk as it is..

Will end in the awkward G-490 solution: throttle+pedal has his own USB controller (due Windows 8 axis limitation), but is connected on joystick base  (has a USB HUB inside), so this use only one USB cable to connect to computer, but this don't allow use pedal or throttle standalone.

Better use a independent USB HUB.

Edited by Sokol1

I know Sokol. But at the moment I got TIR, Crosswinds, Warthog (throttle and stick separated), CH throttle quadrant, a game-pad for shooters, a USB headset with separate mic, a webcam, keyboard, mouse and table mic (for guitar play recordings). I probably forgot something, but you get the picture. I have a Sh***load of wires running under the desk. I'd be pleased if there could be some elegant solution to that.

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. No

4. Yes

5. Yes!

So, throttle has 8 axis, 32 DX buttons and 1 mouse click, am I right?

Great to have encoders and rotaries on base!

I do find useful to have at least one 3 pos. switch but your axis/encoders setup is still interresting.

Is throttle friction adjustable?

Cheers,

So, throttle has 8 axis, 32 DX buttons and 1 mouse click, am I right?

I guess 8 axis:

2 - Throttles

1 - "Antena elevation"

2 - "TDC" - their click button is separated.

1 - "T" lever on right of throttles

2 -  Rotaries

The other 2 rotaries knob is Encoders - with press click. So for keep 32 buttons (Windows DX limit) only one of these lever switches is ON-OFF-ON, others are ON-OFF.

30th January 2017 // Announcement No. 07

► ONE DAY LEFT FOR VPC PRE-ORDERS! (And a Special Announcement!)

Hurry! There's just over one day left to get your pre-order in for the first batch of VPC products! This includes:

• VPC MongoosT-50 Grip & TMW Adapter

• VPC TMW Extension (50mm/75mm/100mm)

• VPC Desk Mount (Base and Throttle)

- TMW Mounting Plates (Base and Throttle)

This is your last chance to take advantage of our huge 15% pre-order discount!

VPC Founders Club Members also receive an additional 5% discount on all purchases - including pre-orders! Sign up at www.virpil.com before February 1st to join.

We would also like to remind all our pre-order customers to follow the VirPil Controls Facebook page to automatically enter our prize draw for a chance to win your pre-order!

Pre-orders close on 31.01.2017!

**SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT**

post_lhgrip_01_forum.jpg

VPC are very happy to announce that our left-handed MongoosT-50 grip will be available ahead of schedule. Initially planned for a Summer 2017 release, the VPC MongoosT-50 LH will now be available in March 2017 alongside the VPC MongoosT-50 base!

post_lhgrip_02_forum.jpg

Existing VPC customers will be first-in-line to all future pre-orders with a 5 day exclusive pre-order period!

Stay tuned for more info at www.virpil.com

What are the dimensions of the throttle base? 

I know Sokol. But at the moment I got TIR, Crosswinds, Warthog (throttle and stick separated), CH throttle quadrant, a game-pad for shooters, a USB headset with separate mic, a webcam, keyboard, mouse and table mic (for guitar play recordings). I probably forgot something, but you get the picture. I have a Sh***load of wires running under the desk. I'd be pleased if there could be some elegant solution to that.

there is more USB connectors, lol

30th January 2017 // Announcement No. 07
► ONE DAY LEFT FOR VPC PRE-ORDERS! (And a Special Announcement!)

Hurry! There's just over one day left to get your pre-order in for the first batch of VPC products! This includes:

• VPC MongoosT-50 Grip & TMW Adapter
• VPC TMW Extension (50mm/75mm/100mm)
• VPC Desk Mount (Base and Throttle)
- TMW Mounting Plates (Base and Throttle)

This is your last chance to take advantage of our huge 15% pre-order discount!

VPC Founders Club Members also receive an additional 5% discount on all purchases - including pre-orders! Sign up at www.virpil.com before February 1st to join.

We would also like to remind all our pre-order customers to follow the VirPil Controls Facebook page to automatically enter our prize draw for a chance to win your pre-order!

Pre-orders close on 31.01.2017!

**SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT**

post_lhgrip_01_forum.jpg

VPC are very happy to announce that our left-handed MongoosT-50 grip will be available ahead of schedule. Initially planned for a Summer 2017 release, the VPC MongoosT-50 LH will now be available in March 2017 alongside the VPC MongoosT-50 base!

post_lhgrip_02_forum.jpg

Existing VPC customers will be first-in-line to all future pre-orders with a 5 day exclusive pre-order period!

Stay tuned for more info at www.virpil.com

I ordered awaiting for delivery! wait I already make this form, but no response from it is it confirmed?

Edited by 71st_AH_Mastiff

Even if mechanically (physically) is possible, electronically I doubt - seems VKB principle is made their base/grips exclusive, only he can make adapters for then, not third party.

Yes that's colors choice in render looks bad, but the extra axis make this throttle more interesting than existing ones. Is visual against usability.  :)

Sokol I'd be interested to know why you think the Mongoose won't work with the VKB electronics.

The VKB FBM stick I have has the option of an adapter so that a Hog stick can be mounted onto it, which I'm sure you're aware of.

The physical side apart if the Hog can be connected to the FBM base and the Mongoose is compatible with the Warthog base why do you think the Mongoose would be incompatible with the FBM base.

Maybe I'm oversimplifying it and don't understand, but I'd appreciate your input

Maybe you can easily connect the grip in base physically, but not electronically because VKB use in their grips/bases digital code that make then work only with their base/adapters.

For VirPil grip work in VKB base is need that VKB make a electronic adapter (like he did for TmW grip)* (1) and I doubt that "Russian Joystick Bonfire of Vanities" will allow this.  :lol:

* Perhaps you can fit that electronic adapter inside VirPil grip - but I see another issue, VirPil brake handle is a axis, translated electronically in button press for work in TmW base - this base see only X, Y axes - so will be need a way (space) for fit VKB circuit inside VirPil grip and a way to connect in VirPil grip circuit, that is not a simple Shift Register circuit like in TmW grip due VirPil brake axis.

Bottom line: await all this be released before buy, if your intention is use in that way.  ;)

(1) I ask about a adapter for CH grips, more affordable than TmW grip with similar functions, and VKB say that is not viable.

Edited by Sokol1

Hi Sokol

The adapter to mount the Warthog onto the VKB FBM base I have (FBM Mk III) just looks to me like a plug adapter.

I'm not doubting what you say for a minute I know how knowledgeable you are and you've provided me with a lot of help on several occasions

However I went onto the VKB Euro web page and I now see that the Warthog adapter incorporates some form of electronics

TM_Warthog_adaptor_Gladiator_Pro.jpg

The adapter for the older FBM I have has a different plug between the stick and base to the newer models.

I think its 5 pin and the new ones are 3, but not 100% on the details, the older adapter looks similar to the picture but does not come with the electronics package.

I already have the adapter to mount the Warthog onto the VKB FBM & I have the Mongoose on order.

My plan is to try to find a way to mate the Mongoose to the VKB FBM.

If that's not possible then I'll mount the Mongoose on the Warthog base and transfer the Warthog grip to the VKB FBM base.

I might eventually purchase the Mongoose base, but I really like the sound of the VKB Gunfighter base with the friction clutches.

For the moment I'm going to wait to see what the reviews say for the Mongoose base and also hold off on the VKB Gunfighter base until VKB announce a decent "jet" type stick. I want the buttons, hats etc: for a HOTAS setup, the WWII sticks are just too limiting for me.

It's a shame as there are some great products out there but there is just not enough compatibility between them.

As you rightly state "Russian Joystick Bonfire of Vanities"

Many thanks for the response appreciated 

Yes, is that electronic adapter I am talking about, this is required for use TmW grip in Gladiator PRO base, not sure about Black Mamba Mk.III.

If your VKB Mamba Mk.III base use the old PS2 5 pin connector for TmW grip you are in luck, this was made before VKB introduce digital protocol with 3 wires and will simplify things.

Rest know if that mechanical VKB adapter piece (at left) fit inside T-50 grip.

Edited by Sokol1

Perhaps already answered but I couldn't find it anywhere in this thread or on the site, is this just a TM Warthog mod or is it also available as an actual joystick? If it is available as a full joystick, then what kind of sensor does it use for each axis and what is their accuracy? This is a product I'm interested in, but have zero interest in buying a $350 TM warthog and then spending another $300 for a different grip. I'm referring to the stick only, don't care about the throttle.

Baiter,

Is not only Warthog "mod", first T-50 grip will be supplied compatible with Warthog base/electronics for attend a existent demand for alternative grips design - promised by Tm since ~2000's for Cougar and 2010 for Warthog and never provide.

After will be available VirPil standalone T-50 joystick (see OP post), with VirPil base and electronics, with contact less sensor on par with most advanced controllers today, e.g. Warthog, Bauer, VKB, MFG or Slaw electronics.

Latter came Virpil throttle - see the drawing above in this page, and eventually a rudder pedals.

In your case just wait they announce T-50 standalone joystick availability.

Edited by Sokol1

Hi...i am a new user here.I also like the choice of (high quality) plastics instead of metal - cost-effective, lighter, not cold to the touch, and when there will be more grips, it means it will be easier for most of us to get them too.
I'd have two additional questions:
Did you consider a twist axis (grip) for the space sim enthusiasts?
Is there an analog ministick on the grip?

pcb assembly

Edited by HattyDamp

Tester comments about MongoosT-50 - For English subtitles, click on icon "paper with text" left of HD icon.

That clamp system looked a whole lot sturdier than what I expected. :)

Looks like they currently don't have the base available. I'd be interested in the pricing.

MongoosT-50 joystick (base & grip) was pre-announced as  €289,00 (~$312). Source.

Based on standalone grip price - €159 can guess around  €160 (~$175) for base only. For example to use TmW/Cougar grips.

Edited by Sokol1