VIRPILControls

Announcing Project VPC MongoosT-50

Their facebook page has been updated within the last hour. The throttle is off to production! Good news on that front.

Wow, can't believe Cyph3r is not promoting that on the forums. 

Just seen the renders on facebook. Not a fan of the lighting at all, makes it look very toy like. At least it can be turned off. Looks like the price will be amended upwards for all the added unnecessary flashy stuff.

Edited by 6./ZG76_Archie

Just seen the renders on facebook. Not a fan of the lighting at all, makes it look very toy like. At least it can be turned off. Looks lie the price will be amended upwards for all the added unnecessary flashy stuff.

Yeah I have no desire for the lighting either, have never used it on my Warthog throttle in all the years I have had it.

Interesting is that the format of previous 2 positions "slider" on right side of grip now suggest 4 positions HAT, but this is not mentioned as new features.

EDIT - Is in Russian announce:

•     увеличен функционал ручек. ~   The functionality of the grips is increased.

The 5 modes options will give a nice mental confusion. :)

Edited by Sokol1

I wish they had less branding on it. Im glad the lighting is optional, although I might use it if I find useful cases for it.

Some nit-picking aside, i really like it and will probably get it. I was surprised at the initial price estimate, so no surprise the launch price will be higher.

My X55 needs to go. The rotaries are incredibly inaccurate.

Hi All,

Just ordered the T50 BE stick yesterday, upgrading from an awesome but tired MSFFB2 - can't wait.  I'll report back how my process goes with Virpil.  Hope they take care of me.  And that it's less than 43 days.  I'm in the States, btw.

Ceowulf<><

Hi All,

Just ordered the T50 BE stick yesterday, upgrading from an awesome but tired MSFFB2 - can't wait.  I'll report back how my process goes with Virpil.  Hope they take care of me.  And that it's less than 43 days.  I'm in the States, btw.

Ceowulf<><

:good: 

Good luck!  

I have many hours on mine now of some great flight simming with it.

► Su-35 First Flight 10th Anniversary Sale

It's no secret that when we created a product named the VPC MongoosT-50®, VIRPIL CONTROLS designers took inspiration from the controls of a real Russian fighter jet. At the first announcement of the project a little over a year ago, many immediately guessed which aircraft was the subject matter.

On February 19th 2018, it will be 10 years since the first test flight of Su-35 - a promising multifunctional, generation 4++ fighter jet. The flight duration was 50 minutes and the flight program was successfully completed in full. The Sukhoi Design Bureau test pilot, Sergey Bogdan, who is currently working on the T-50 test program (now designated Su-57), piloted the aircraft.

Su35_01.png

Until now, the cockpit and all systems were classified as Top Secret, but despite this, one of the variants of the flightstick and throttle set was shown at MAKS-2015. It was captured in a number of photographs that were made available in forums.

Only 2 years later, at MAKS-2017, the VPC MongoosT-50® flightstick and prototype throttle was available for all to test for themselves in an Su-27CM simulator.

MAKS2017_01.jpg

For the 10th anniversary of the first flight of the Su-35, and by popular demand, the VIRPIL CONTROLS team announces fantastic discounts in the official store www.virpil.by for all products of the VPC MongoosT-50® family!

SU35_FirstFlightSale.png

Now is a great time to purchase a professional flight sim setup with a discount of 20%!

The sale event will last from 18/02/2018 to 28/02/2018, while stocks last.

For those who already have their VPC MongoosT-50®, the VIRPIL CONTROLS team have a lot of exciting news about the project and developments on future projects following just after the Spring - not long to wait now!

Thanks,

VIRPIL CONTROLS

Edited by VIRPILControls

Sounds great!

A few questions. What is the difference between the standard base and the BRD base? Which one is better? I know that there is a difference in the cams. The standard one has one per axis and the BRD one is two per axis. Right? But what is the benefit of two cams over the one cam? 

Another question is, do have both bases enough strength to handle a warthog Grip with a extension of minimum 10cm for a stronger resistence like with the warthog base (which is to soft for me)? Which one can make the strongest resistence of the two?

Also i like to know what the mounting possibilitys are. I have a cnetermount setup on a aluminium frame where my warthog sits on a alumium plate betwen my legs. The height is adjustable and also the distance so it should be no problem. But with the current alumium plate, there are screw holes on the bottom so there is no need to have a bigger mounting plate which would disturb my leg movement. Both bases looking smooth but on he BRD one there is a plate which is for desktop usage i think. Is this plate removeable?

Sorry for the questions but i want to be sure. Any time estimate for the BRD yet? :)

Sounds great!

A few questions. What is the difference between the standard base and the BRD base? Which one is better? I know that there is a difference in the cams. The standard one has one per axis and the BRD one is two per axis. Right? But what is the benefit of two cams over the one cam? 

Another question is, do have both bases enough strength to handle a warthog Grip with a extension of minimum 10cm for a stronger resistence like with the warthog base (which is to soft for me)? Which one can make the strongest resistence of the two?

Also i like to know what the mounting possibilitys are. I have a cnetermount setup on a aluminium frame where my warthog sits on a alumium plate betwen my legs. The height is adjustable and also the distance so it should be no problem. But with the current alumium plate, there are screw holes on the bottom so there is no need to have a bigger mounting plate which would disturb my leg movement. Both bases looking smooth but on he BRD one there is a plate which is for desktop usage i think. Is this plate removeable?

Sorry for the questions but i want to be sure. Any time estimate for the BRD yet? :)

I would also like to know these things.. thx. 

Sounds great!

The way I understand it, the War BRD is for desktop use only. It is not designed for nor has the hardware to support an extension setup. For that you would need to go with the Mongoose T-50 gimbal. 

The War BRD gives them a desk top version in their lineup, and is cheaper than the T-50 due to the design, material, and mfg  differences.

Edited by dburne

Sounds great!

The difference between the VPC MongoosT-50 and the VPC WarBRD is the target user:

The VPC MongoosT-50 is our high-end flightstick targeted at pro-sim pilots, designed to be mounted in a cockpit style setup (center mount with the VPC Desk Mounts) and used with extensions.

The VPC WarBRD is our more mainstream flightstick, which is more compact and is designed to be used on desktops without any extensions. 

For using the TM Warthog grip, with extensions and heavy spring resistance - the VPC MongoosT-50 would be the better choice for you! It is necessary to mount the VPC MongoosT-50 Base via the included u-bracket. This bracket connects directly to the gimbal and provides the mounting strength required for heavy springs and extensions!

VPC WarBRD is scheduled for release by the end of Q1 2018 - more news soon! 

My T50CM arrived today and I'm seriously impressed!  Much more so than when I received my Warthog.  There's definite attention to detail when it comes to the product - simple things like the machining on the extensions.  They're very smooth and lock up tight.  I'm looking forward to taking the new stick for a spin tonight!

My T50CM arrived today and I'm seriously impressed!  Much more so than when I received my Warthog.  There's definite attention to detail when it comes to the product - simple things like the machining on the extensions.  They're very smooth and lock up tight.  I'm looking forward to taking the new stick for a spin tonight!

When did you placed the order?

I ordered mine Feb 12th and mine has not even shipped.

When did you placed the order?

I ordered mine Feb 12th and mine has not even shipped.

Mine took 12-14 days of processing before it was shipped. It took a total of 24 days from the order date to my doorstep. I’m in the West Coast, USA.

West coast also, thanks for your reply, between new update and new joystick its a test for patience

The difference between the VPC MongoosT-50 and the VPC WarBRD is the target user:

The VPC MongoosT-50 is our high-end flightstick targeted at pro-sim pilots, designed to be mounted in a cockpit style setup (center mount with the VPC Desk Mounts) and used with extensions.

The VPC WarBRD is our more mainstream flightstick, which is more compact and is designed to be used on desktops without any extensions. 

For using the TM Warthog grip, with extensions and heavy spring resistance - the VPC MongoosT-50 would be the better choice for you! It is necessary to mount the VPC MongoosT-50 Base via the included u-bracket. This bracket connects directly to the gimbal and provides the mounting strength required for heavy springs and extensions!

VPC WarBRD is scheduled for release by the end of Q1 2018 - more news soon! 

Thank you very much!

So i guess its the T50 then. 

Designed initially with atmospheric flight sims in mind, the VPC MongoosT-50 cams exhibited an increasing non-linear tension towards the outer edges of the sticks deflection. This behaviour allows for greater control of of the aircraft as you can feel when you are coming up to 100% deflection easily, granting the pilot the ability to fly right on the limits based on muscle memory alone.

The VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick has also become popular with many space-sim pilots as well - pilots that prefer different control nuances for absolute accuracy. As standard atmospheric flight physics do not apply in space, we've been requested to create a new set of cams to account for this.

VPC are very pleased to announce, that in our continued efforts to supply the community with what they really want, we have successfully designed a new set of CosmoSim cams for the VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick!

MT-50-Cams-1.png

These results were created with the VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick, 125mm (50mm + 75mm) extensions with the medium springs, and pre-tensioners loaded 1/2 of max. Different extensions and springs will change the total force required of each cam, but the response curves should remain relatively consistent.

Our new CosmoSim cams exhibit less of a center detent than both the 1-Dot (40% less) and 2-Dot (25% less) cams and the force required at the outer edges of deflection is also significantly less than both the 2-Dot (40% less) and 3-Dot (55% less) cams.

The force required at max deflection is slightly increased over the 1-Dot cams (12.5% higher) to aid in the overall centering and performance of the cam due to the lack of a center detent.

These cams will be available for purchase from our www.virpil.by webstore!

Edited by VIRPILControls

Hi all,

I decided to treat myself to a new stick and throttle as I've been using my Saitek X52 forever!

I'm really interested in the Virpil VPC Mongoos T-50 CM (standard upgraded) with desk mount, extension pack and cover, plus the new throttle with desk mount and cover.

Before I dive in I have a few questions for those "in the know".

1) Do I require a base plate for the throttle or does it attach directly to the desk mount?

2) Would it be better to purchase through Amazon UK to avoid huge shipping delays

3) Is the price the same via Amazon as the official Virpil website.

4) When is the latest throttle due to be released as I only want to purchase everyhting in one go.

My only concern is the horror stories I'm reading regarding the dificulty in changing of the cams due to the use of loctight during manufacture, I do not want to go through this after spending a chunk of money!

Thanks for any answers in advance.

Cheers.

1) Do I require a base plate for the throttle or does it attach directly to the desk mount?

I think they said that the throttle wiil have the same mounting holes as the Wathog throttle so then it will probably use the same baseplate as that for the Warthog throttle. But wait for confirmation on this.

2) Would it be better to purchase through Amazon UK to avoid huge shipping delays

Shipping from Amazon UK to you might be faster, but the products might be available there later.

The price on the Belarus shop does not include VAT (and if you order from there into EU, you will pay VAT later, at customs - or you might be lucky and bypass that).

The price from Amazon includes VAT. But the "before VAT" Amazon price is slightly higher.

Also the current 20% discount is only on the virpil.by store.

4) When is the latest throttle due to be released as I only want to purchase everyhting in one go.

Maybe even next month (March). At least this is what it's listed in their shop.

But first version won't have the analog ministick.

Hi all,

I decided to treat myself to a new stick and throttle as I've been using my Saitek X52 forever!

I'm really interested in the Virpil VPC Mongoos T-50 CM (standard upgraded) with desk mount, extension pack and cover, plus the new throttle with desk mount and cover.

Before I dive in I have a few questions for those "in the know".

My only concern is the horror stories I'm reading regarding the dificulty in changing of the cams due to the use of loctight during manufacture, I do not want to go through this after spending a chunk of money!

Thanks for any answers in advance.

Cheers.

2) I went direct, took about a month. 

3) I think it works out slightly more expensive on Amazon, and that's after VAT and post is added. I was very lucky as mine seemed to get through customs unnoticed...

Apparently Virpil have changed the threadlock now on the cams to a low strength one.

Where is the the ministick? :)

Im glad to see that there are no more 2 way hats.

Where is the the ministick? :)

Im glad to see that there are no more 2 way hats.

Sadly, first version will not have an analog ministick. They said the analog ministick will be a thumb one, so I suppose it will be in place of that stepped pyramid shaped Hat Switch.

Sadly, first version will not have an analog ministick. They said the analog ministick will be a thumb one, so I suppose it will be in place of that stepped pyramid shaped Hat Switch.

What, no ministick for the first version? That is a no go for me, sadly. :(

Im so tired about the lack of ministicks in todays joysticks and throttles. Thats why i want that really expensive VKB MCG setup. There we have 2 ministicks on a nice grip, how awesome is that? :)

What do you guys assign the ministick for?

In some games (such as in Il-2) it might be useless or of low value. But it's vital for space sims. This is expensive throttle, most can't afford two.

Not only for space sims but also for stuff like operating the radar or targeting cameras and stuff like that on modern aircraft and helicopters. 

SU35_FirstFlightSale.png

There is only 2 days remaining on our Su-35 10th Anniversary sale! If you've been on the fence, now's the perfect time to jump in before it's too late!

What, no ministick for the first version? That is a no go for me, sadly. :(

Im so tired about the lack of ministicks in todays joysticks and throttles. Thats why i want that really expensive VKB MCG setup. There we have 2 ministicks on a nice grip, how awesome is that? :)

Ministick version was said to come "shortly afterwards", so... hopefully Q2 at least?

So, I got my Mongoos T50 Black Edition last Tuesday. Ordered Feb 6, shipped Feb 22, arrived East Coast US Feb 27. 21 days total. Only one full day in U.S. customs or whatever happens at "destiantion import office" at JFK.

Here's my first impression of the stick after a couple hours of flight. It's fantastic. I'm coming from a MSFFB2 which I still love but this thing is in a new class. I have it mounted off to the side of my right armrest and that feels fine, even in right rolls.

I'm using a MonsterTech Extended Mount to support it and I should say that thing is pretty nice itself, albeit expensive. By the way, Olson got the thing to me a week sooner than he promised and I found him very accessible by email. (Took 20 days from day of order.) I would buy from them again for sure.

Pros:

Grip is very ergonomic. I have the hand rest all the way down but that's not important other than to say it fits my medium sized hands well. (I always wear size large gloves but never XL if that helps.) The stick does feel tall but in a good way. Buttons are well placed for me.

About the buttons: Really nice to have so many options. Can't wait to figure out how to make pinky shift work too but I don't need it. Index finger buttons are slow for me so I use accordingly. The double trigger is a cool upgrade – now I automatically center view to gunsight before I fire. Brake lever thing does make WW2 landings easier.

Stick shaft and gimble: I have full 225mm extension kit installed. Long stick with 15 degree throw is a topic of its own. No more curves and tons of precision. Like, shoot the enemy pilot in the head on purpose... almost. Also, landings feel easier across ROF and IL-2. And for whatever it's worth, it just feels right to have the long throw and resistance.

The whole joystick just feels and looks cool. Obviously, that's really subjective but I find I keep wanting to get it out to play with when I should be working. I find I'm enjoying flying even more now. I'm sure this thing, like everything else, will become normal but what a nice piece of kit it is.

Cons:

Learning to adapt: Long stick and shaft mean you have to move the stick much farther with your hand for a maneuver and those milliseconds matter sometimes. This is not a problem with the design but just inherent in a full-length stick, of course, and will require a period of adapting, I think. The long stick with increasing resistance springs makes me feel like I'm slower to react in fights. Also, it just, in general, feels so different that my muscle memory is half unavailable. I don't regret any of this but it's worth noting.

Firmware/software: Not very intuitive to a halftarded person like myself. Got it done but it felt like I was going to frag the stick forever by making some mistake. Just pay attention.

Virpil's website and ordering process were unfamiliarish to me as an American. Belarus may be a great country but it's not one I know so if people on the IL-2 forum hadn't vouched for Virpil, the website would have looked and felt sketchy to me. However, they did get the stick to me and so far, I love it.

Ceowulf<><

Edited by Ceowulf

Mine took 14 days to order to have it in my house, got it last week with Virpil deskmount and extensions.

Agree with all your comments.

Yes feels slow when trying to do quick movements in heat of combat, and it is because with the desk mounted joystick, you are moving your wrist, now you move your arm and shoulder, like the real thing, and I am re educating myself to not try to move the wrist, but the arm and shoulder instead, just a matter of a bit of re learining, leading shots are super accurate, landings and take offs too, can make super smooth landings , overall a lot more immersive, if you use the extensions because not only gives you more accuracy but also the real movements.

Highly recommended, and the service was fast and easy, e mail replies quick for any questions.

6 hours ago, Ceowulf said:

I have full 225mm extension kit installed.

In the MongoosT-50 Base manual (available only in Russian) they say that you can combine extensions, but only up to 150mm total length.