VIRPILControls

Announcing Project VPC MongoosT-50

This is so wonderful, I am not of these ones, but for sure it is fair that those supporting from the start get the best possible product, way to go. 

I feel reassured knowing that only the best quality product will do! I've waited this long, a further few days is not an issue for me....

Thanks for the understanding and support guys!

3rd August 2017 // Announcement No. 19
►VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick & Base Pre-orders Shipping Now!

After much anticipation, and tireless around-the-clock work from every member of the VPC team, we are pleased to announce that the VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick and Base pre-orders are shipping as of today!

To recap, the delays were caused after some tolerance issues had been discovered by our QA team after the first batch of pre-orders were dispatched a number of weeks ago. While the VPC MongoosT-50 was still a great Flighstick in this state, we ultimately decided to recall these units to ensure that our pre-order customers receive nothing else except the latest and greatest revision of the VPC MongoosT-50.

The last couple of weeks our designers and QA team have worked very closely with our partner factories to resolve these issues. The hard word has paid off as we now have in our hands, a version of the VPC MongoosT-50 Base which is even better than originally designed!

As mentioned in our previous announcements, we are offering a number of perks to our pre-order customers for the delays. All orders for the VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick and VPC MongoosT-50 Base placed before July 21st 2017 will be counted as a pre-order. The perks offered will include:

• Free VPC Dust Cover
  • 10% Coupon Code for www.virpil.by
  • Special Pricing on the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle and VPC Stealth Rudders

We will be dispatching orders at a rate that will see the huge amount of pre-orders fulfilled within 5-8 working days. Shipping notifications will be emailed at the end of the day which will including an EMS Express shipping number. Please keep an eye on your spam folder just in case!

Thank you everyone for your patience, the supportive messages from many of you have been great! We have learnt a lot from everyone’s input on how we can better handle our future product releases.

See you all in the skies soon!

Edited by vpc_virpil
  • Upvote 1

Got my tracking number yesterday, hopefully won't be much longer now and will be able to give this new setup a try!

• Upvote 1

In preparation of people receiving their VPC MongoosT-50 Flightsticks, I've made up some button map templates so everyone can get started on their profiles!  :cool: 

MT-50_Grip_ButtonMapR.png
MT-50_GripLH_ButtonMapR.png

Edited by vpc_virpil

Some users have started to receive their VPC MongoosT-50 Bases!

I've prepared a quick start guide to help everyone get going

https://virpil.com/images/support/VPC-MongoosT-50-BASE-Quick-Start---ENG1.1.pdf

It's probably been stated somewhere before but I'll ask again...

What Cams and Springs will be installed in the Base from Virpil.

My guess is Medium springs with soft Cam??

It's probably been stated somewhere before but I'll ask again...

What Cams and Springs will be installed in the Base from Virpil.

My guess is Medium springs with soft Cam??

Hard center cams with medium springs :)

Just got my despatch note!
Ill post pics and plan on writing a little review once I got everything here.

FINALLY!!!!!!:)

My set has arrived at destination import offfice in New York as of yesterday, so hoping will get to see it one day this week.

Getting closer!

Serial # 000092 arrived today!

I will try and post my thoughts after getting to spend some good time with it over the next several days...

post-199-0-81312100-1502913325_thumb.jpg

post-199-0-94791400-1502913335_thumb.jpg

post-199-0-48150900-1502913359_thumb.jpg

Edited by dburne
  • Upvote 1

Nice, dburne!

I'd love to hear some thoughts after you used it for a while. And moar pics :)

Thanks, will be glad too - hope to get some serious time in with it the rest of the week and through the weekend, will be posting my review and more pics then.

All hooked up and ready to go. This is using the one long extension out of the extension kit.

Appears to be very smooth watching the axis movements in windows joystick panel.

Base Serial # 000017

Grip Serial # 000092

post-199-0-06024500-1502994784_thumb.jpg

Edited by dburne
  • Upvote 2

21st August 2017 // Announcement No. 21
► The First in Space!

From the 22nd to the 27th of August, the international Military-Technical Forum “Army-2017” will be held at the Patriot ExpoCenter, Alabino Testing Grounds and the Kubinka Aerodrome.

VPCArmy2017_01.jpg

Along with displays of military, rocket and space technology and their latest developments, visitors to the ROSKOSMOS exhibition at pavilion A will be able to experience the latest Virage-VR 1.0 demo stand. Developed using the federal Digital Earth project framework, by the Russian Space Systems holding company “Constanta Design” with the participation of the VIRPIL Controls team.

VPCArmy2017_03.jpg

"Digital Earth” will form the basis of a whole family of new geo-informational services, aimed at a wide range of consumers. The planet modelling will be accurate all the way down to 1m, with periodic updating according to remote sensing data of the Earth.

VPCArmy2017_02.jpg

Thanks to the VPC MongoosT-50 dual-flightstick control system (Standard and Left Hand), popular among many space-sim enthusiasts, fixed with the VPC Desk Mounts, you can make a virtual flight over the Black Sea coast, rise above the Earth to a height of 200 thousand kilometers and accelerate to half the speed of light and explore the cosmos with unparalleled levels of control and precision.

Edited by VirPilControls

Can someone provide the dimensions of the U-Bracket on the base? I would like to know if it is compatible with my mounting solution. I need the length, width and height of the bracket itself and the distance between the centers of the M5 screw holes.

Can someone provide the dimensions of the U-Bracket on the base? I would like to know if it is compatible with my mounting solution. I need the length, width and height of the bracket itself and the distance between the centers of the M5 screw holes.

VPC_MT-50_UBRACKET_02.jpg

:salute:

Received my pair of VPC T-50 BE flightsticks (with base) in the mail today. Shipping was super fast after I received notice.

Really liking it so far... but just a couple wrinkles

First.. my brake lever is spiking like crazy.  I have only unpacked one of the sticks, so not sure if it will happen with the other one too.

I thought I could fix it by just re-calibrating with the Windows Game Controllers app, but I cannot calibrate the brake lever.  That's because during the axis travel, the brake lever button triggers the calibration app screen to forward to the next screen before I've worked the lever through its full travel

Has anyone else had this problem?

Second, the stick at rest leans right some 5-10 degrees.  Is that normal?

Edited by CIA_Windhawk

Received my pair of VPC T-50 BE flightsticks (with base) in the mail today. Shipping was super fast after I received notice.

Really liking it so far... but just one wrinkle.. my brake lever is spiking like crazy.  I have only unpacked one of the sticks, so not sure if it will happen with the other one too.

I thought I could just fix it by calibrating with the Windows Game Controllers app, but I cannot calibrate the brake lever.  That's because during the axis travel, the brake lever button triggers the calibration app screen to forward to the next screen.

Has anyone else had this problem?

ETA: spelling fixes

Hi Windhawk, glad to hear you're enjoying the MT-50!

Absolutely do not use the Windows app to calibrate the stick - it will conflict with the calibration in the firmware and cause all sorts of problems. If you send an email to support@virpil.com I can get our electronics engineer to help you out with the brake lever calibration! 

Second, the stick at rest leans right some 5-10 degrees.  Is that normal?

Definitely not normal, please contact us!

Edited by VIRPILControls

Just started reading through this thread as I am on the lookout for a new HOTAS. How far away are you from having a stick, Base and throttle available?

Cheers

Just started reading through this thread as I am on the lookout for a new HOTAS. How far away are you from having a stick, Base and throttle available?

Cheers

The MT-50 grip and base is already available, the throttle is close!

What is the overall height of the stick and base?

aaaargh. I am getting nervous. My package arrived at customs. So maybe a day or two till i receive my pickup notification.
Cant wait to post some pics and my impression. So far everything I hear exactly reflects what I have been hoping for.

Edited by Irgendjemand

Ah, thanks.

I was looking at a package of the stick, base and throttle rather than individual items. Just wondered if there may be a discount if bought as a bundle :)

Ah, thanks.

I was looking at a package of the stick, base and throttle rather than individual items. Just wondered if there may be a discount if bought as a bundle :)

There's a bundle discount for purchasing the stick and base together. Throttle isn't released yet so that's yet to be confirmed!

• Upvote 1

I've got some great user photos to share with you guys!

First up we've got a great example of some creative implementation of the VPC Desk Mount from one of our Russian users, really shows how versatile these mounts can be!

This is a direct mount to an Ikea chair with the TM 16000M:

TFtjECN.jpg

wd3ZPgO.jpg

Next up, Wasserfall has modified his MT-50 grip with RUS button labels and realistic button colour scheme - it looks great!

7ZDH1Vq.jpg

pnAiX9D.jpg

sq7FyBR.jpg

jXOQcQO.jpg

What does everyone think of the Russian button labels??

I would welcome these labels as optional, that the user can put on by himself.

What I actually prefer is the button colour mix - it has the best balance between black and grey editions!

I will order a T-50 Virpil together with the mount and 3 extensions on September 18th from the Amazon store, since it will be much easier regarding VAT, and I don't have to wait in line in a stinky German customs office.

Just please promise the analogue stick will be on your throttle. I will need that, because I will want to use vector trust sideways and up- and downwards in star citizen.

The vkb mcg will have analogue coolie hats on the stick itself, so the Virpil T-50 setup needs to counter that.