Photo

Help on ME110 w/ TO

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Biloxi

Biloxi

Posted 28 December 2016 - 18:56

S!

Brand new to the game of BoS/M but used to play the original Il2 series when they came out long ago. Needless to say, i want to be a ground pounder and have always enjoyed seeing the 110. While i have been working on my key mapping and learning the controls, the one thing i cannot do so far is to take off in this thing, the right way. The right way for me is to taxi out to the runway proper after starting parked and cold engines. While i can just get my engines spooled up and run down the field any way i can then get in the air, my goal is to possibly join a staffel and due full realism missions. My question is does anybody have a video or steps that show me how to properly taxi around with this thing? I have read that people said the left engine should be 20% more power then the right to keep things somewhat straight. WHen i try it i just start spinning in circles and then quickly power down. So any help for a noob would be most grateful. 

thanks

Biloxi

#2 1./TG1_Don_Quijote

1./TG1_Don_Quijote
  • Founder

Posted 28 December 2016 - 21:13

Hi Biloxi!:) The 110 really is a lovely plane to fly and fight,taxiing just needs a bit of practice.As you said I give 20% more throttle on left engine and switch the prop pitch to manual.For the whole taxiing I rest on both breaks,to avoid turns.Don't forget to set prop pitch back to auto when you reached the runway for take off and set left engine throttle back.
Good luck and if you have more questions,don't hesitate to ask!:)

Edited by Res./ZG1_Don_Quijote, 28 December 2016 - 21:14.

#3 GridiroN

GridiroN
  • Founder

Posted 28 December 2016 - 21:46

1. Throttle up briskly for rudder authority

2. Trim the plane nose down to get the tail wheel off the ground and generate lift. 

3. If you're not loaded heavy, 15% flaps help. 

I've never had much problem getting it off the ground. Taxi'ing it is much harder as it's brakes are extremely weak. 

1UjZMDj.png

#4 1./TG1_Don_Quijote

1./TG1_Don_Quijote
  • Founder

Posted 28 December 2016 - 22:53

If I carry two SC 500,I tend to use 40% flaps and trim nose a bit up.You see,every pilot has his own little tricks based on his personal experiences and preferences.I am sure you will have a lot of fun with the 110!:)

youtube.com/watch?v=MM6B4uPXUFc

youtube.com/watch?v=e4i1ApaWnJE

#5 Biloxi

Biloxi

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:43

thanks gentlemen will be trying a combo of these to see which works for me. Right now trying to learn all the key commands to make everything function smoothly. thanks again for the help =)

#6 Martijnvdm

Martijnvdm
  • Founder

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:05

Hi Biloxi,

What kind of hardware do you use? I never had much trouble taxiing with my old twist-stick (MSFFB2) . With my new T-Rudder pedals i really needed to practice. Take babysteps and don't rush things. taxi slow and take your time. 

Grt M

I7 4790K@4.7 GHz, MSI Z97 Gaming 5, Kingston HyperX Beast (t3) 16GB, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X, Dell S2716DG, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, Windows 10 64

#7 Hoots

Hoots
  • Founder

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:27

I like to keep the prop pitch manual for the take off roll too. We are all different :) oh and stick right back for the initial ground roll on take off

#8 IvanDolvich

IvanDolvich
  • Founder

Posted 29 December 2016 - 14:16

Hi. This is just partially related to this topic. Having a two engined plane but just owning a throttle with one lever does anyone have a good method to apply different manifold pressure for the engines? Perhaps some nice idea for keybindings or something else. Thanks in advance

#9 Biloxi

Biloxi

Posted 29 December 2016 - 16:56

Hi Biloxi,

What kind of hardware do you use? I never had much trouble taxiing with my old twist-stick (MSFFB2) . With my new T-Rudder pedals i really needed to practice. Take babysteps and don't rush things. taxi slow and take your time. 

Grt M

hi Mart,

i am using a logictech extreme 3d pro. I have tried taxiing and take off 15 times since i posted and while i can still 60% of time just gun it and take off controlling this bird on taxi is killing me, even when i think i have it and start rolling i still swerve all over the place and will end up clipping something. However it seems i have the same issue even when taxiing in a single engine plane like the 190. So i know it is just me not having stuff set up right whether it is sensitivity on the stick or how i am trying to manage the engines. Very high learning curve with this game and when i cannot even take off it is getting very frustrating.  Like you all have said trying to go slow on taxi is what im trying yet the engines really dont let me control them and i find my self shutting off throttle as i start the massive spin in a circle.  :wacko:  so i just keep trying but good grief i would like to see some improvement from my self after 15 straight attempts :unsure:

#10 Hoots

Hoots
  • Founder

Posted 29 December 2016 - 18:16

In contrast to the take off roll I find it easier to taxi with the stick central or slightly forward.

#11 =R4T=Sshadow14

=R4T=Sshadow14

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:17

WOW - why so slow, why so much flaps.
Thats all good if you have a short runway but almost all ingame more than long enough at their given Air densities to reach 200-250kph for rotation

Full max bomb load and fuel High performance take off (Tho no maps really need the entire fuel load, BF110 50% fuel will cover a 250km round trip bomb run easily)

RESET TRIMS (Default trims are NOT setup for cruise or take off correctly - they will get you killed)

No Flaps Take Off (Winter Only due to air density) +10% elevator Trim / 85% Power ONLY / Lower nose(NOT USING TRIM) @ 150kph & Rotation @ 220-250kph (like a rocket ship)
15-20% Flaps Take Off (Summer or Winter) +10% Elevator Trim / 85% power ONLY / Lower nose(NOT USING TRIM) @ 150kph & Rotation @ 200-220kph (like a rocket ship)

in Bf110 you do not need nor should you be using more than 85% power to take off.
as for manual prop pitch (not needed for taxiing, just use the differential brakes while NOT under thrust (eg, power up get some momentum then turn with brakes )

Edited by =r4t=Sshadow14, 24 January 2017 - 02:19.

9vcg7p.jpgycFpaib.jpg                                 
/CPU: FX8350@ 4.3ghz /GPU: GTX 1060 G1 Gaming /RAM: 16GB@1875mhz
 /JOYSTICK: Saitek X-55 Hotas /PEDALS: Logitech Driving Force EX

#12 5./ZG1_Tzigy

5./ZG1_Tzigy
  • Founder

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:06

agree 100% with shadow, and gridiron

brief/brisk power up to get moving, then differential brakes and rudder ( think full deflection rudder helps with brief throttle burst for slow and sharp turns)

then taxi at 20-30% throttle, piece of cake!

imho no need for differential throttle

much easier with rudder pedals....u will not regret investing in a set...

be patient! and stay focused, it will become second nature after a while

morituri te salutant

i7 990x 4.1MHz 12GB Win7 64 GTX690 Dell U3014 TM Warthog MFG TIR5 ButtKickerx2 Playseat

#13 =R4T=Sshadow14

=R4T=Sshadow14

Posted 26 January 2017 - 03:11

Also Always use up all the runway in the bf110

There is NO advantage to taking off 1/2 way down the runway and starting a climb out while still slowly accelerating (now up hill)
Gain as much speed as you can keeping it on the ground and level.

9vcg7p.jpgycFpaib.jpg                                 

#14 71st_AH_Scojo

71st_AH_Scojo

Posted 03 February 2017 - 14:42

Hi. This is just partially related to this topic. Having a two engined plane but just owning a throttle with one lever does anyone have a good method to apply different manifold pressure for the engines? Perhaps some nice idea for keybindings or something else. Thanks in advance

You might want to try using #1 and #2 on the keyboard to select engines. Just don't forget to select both engines again when you want the throttle to work both engines. Idk if this will work for you, but it might, so I'd say try it.

However I will say that I don't use differential thrust on the 110. I pretty much just hold rudder to counter nose swing and then use my brakes to turn while taxiing.

On takeoff I go with 20% flaps, use the whole runway and then when I'm up I lower throttle to climb mode, level out and slowly retract flaps. Then when my speed is up, I either climb or drop throttle to continuous mode and then proceed to target.

Don't forget to bind the radiator step keys for the 110. I open them all up fully on takeoff and climb. They're different from other aircraft and in keybinds they will say "bf-110" on them so you'll know which ones they are.

Of all my accomplishments I may have achieved during the war, I am proudest of the fact that I never lost a wingman.                                           — Colonel Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, GAF

I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game.      — Sir Harry Broadhurst, RAF, 12 victories WWII

Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder.                                                                                                                                                    — Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker, USAS

#15 IvanDolvich

IvanDolvich
  • Founder

Posted 03 February 2017 - 23:51

@Scojo: Thanks for the tip but my keyboard is not in that a comfortable range when I am flying. I'm using a HOTAS with just one throttle so it is not that easy to quickly access the keys while keeping a hand on the throttle.

#16 =R4T=Sshadow14

=R4T=Sshadow14

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:12

thats a big thing.. i can reach left of my keyboard from hotas and i can reach right sight of my keyboard from stick..

all my trims are on arrow keys
all my Engine Management is on the Numpad(keypad)
all my light/gear/flaps are on keyboard.

and i have a X55 Rhino so no lack of buttons but its only for brakes and fire control

9vcg7p.jpgycFpaib.jpg                                 

#17 IvanDolvich

IvanDolvich
  • Founder

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:32

Well, I can reach the keyboard but then I have to take my left hand off the throttle. I will try to change my setup and put additional mapping for separate throttle on my keyboard. Thx for your ideas.

#18 Ypsan

Ypsan

Posted 09 February 2017 - 17:59

I also have single lever throttle so what I find comfortable is to use manual prop pitch for engine 2 during taxiing, and you only need to map 2 keys. Engage manual prop pitch and then set it to 50% which eliminates rolling to the side. One thing though is if you have to stop due to traffic you need to engage auto prop pitch while stationary or the engine 2 might stop while idle. Once I allign on runway I hit the auto prop pitch again and Im set for take off.

One thing I struggle with in Bf110 e2 however is getting to speed of +200kmh before the runway ends.

#19 71st_AH_Scojo

71st_AH_Scojo

Posted 09 February 2017 - 18:26

One thing I struggle with in Bf110 e2 however is getting to speed of +200kmh before the runway ends.

Are you setting your pitch back to auto/100% and taking off with flaps?

Of all my accomplishments I may have achieved during the war, I am proudest of the fact that I never lost a wingman.                                           — Colonel Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, GAF

I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game.      — Sir Harry Broadhurst, RAF, 12 victories WWII

Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder.                                                                                                                                                    — Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker, USAS

#20 5./ZG1_BOO

5./ZG1_BOO

Posted 09 February 2017 - 19:25

Are you setting your pitch back to auto/100% and taking off with flaps?

push the stick forward to raise the tailwheel-but not too much that you overcook it. 

#21 =R4T=Sshadow14

=R4T=Sshadow14

Posted 09 February 2017 - 21:00

BF110 will struggle on the "summer" maps with reach 200kph under 2,000m of runway

We just get spoilt by the great cold weather performance we get in winter where on same runway we get 230-250kph @ rotation.

Best on summer maps is about 15-20* flaps it seems and rotate around 180-200kph (its scarey but can be done)

9vcg7p.jpgycFpaib.jpg                                 

#22 71st_AH_Scojo

71st_AH_Scojo

Posted 10 February 2017 - 13:04

BF110 will struggle on the "summer" maps with reach 200kph under 2,000m of runway

We just get spoilt by the great cold weather performance we get in winter where on same runway we get 230-250kph @ rotation.

Best on summer maps is about 15-20* flaps it seems and rotate around 180-200kph (its scarey but can be done)

Idk, I always take off flaps-less and I haven't had issues, summer or winter

#23 =R4T=Sshadow14

=R4T=Sshadow14

Posted 10 February 2017 - 18:46

what do you call not having issues?

Rotating at 180 kph with a climb rate of 1-2m/s initial is dangerous for the 110

9vcg7p.jpgycFpaib.jpg                                 

#24 71st_AH_Scojo

71st_AH_Scojo

Posted 10 February 2017 - 18:48

what do you call not having issues?

Rotating at 180 kph with a climb rate of 1-2m/s initial is dangerous for the 110

Taking off safely in a 110 during the summer using the amount of runway provided. I do it quite frequently

#25 Space_Ghost

Space_Ghost
  • Founder

Posted 10 February 2017 - 19:11

Taking off safely in a 110 during the summer using the amount of runway provided. I do it quite frequently

This, no issues with either versions of the 110 in various  conditions.

"Stop pulling so hard. You don't have to get someone under the gunsight right this second to win the fight." - Go_Pre

6700K @ 4.7GHz - GTX1080 @ 2.1GHz (11000MHz mem clock) - 16GB DDR4 @ 3000MHz - Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) - Dell S2716DG (1440p, G-Sync)

Proud owner of the Ju 52 and Yak-1B.

#26 Yogiflight

Yogiflight

Posted 11 February 2017 - 10:24

There is no aircraft, in which I would wait until I reached 200km/h, before I takeoff. Always between 150 and 180km/h (with flaps, of course). With heavy bombload I am standing on the brakes, when I throttle up, until it starts to move.

#27 =R4T=Sshadow14

=R4T=Sshadow14

Posted 12 February 2017 - 19:22

What?

You Accelerate in most plane much faster on the runway as you lvl and not climbing then after take off.

Good example
He-111 winter maps many of them i hold her on the ground till 250-280 kph zero flaps then take off in near 1m/s shallow climb then only 15 seconds after take off @ 350 kph i have left 110's for dead and now do a barrel roll while retracting my gear just for the fun of it.

Doing that i have even taken off 20 seconds after rotation pull up into a loop rolled out at the top (immelman) and flew back over my AF @ 300m i just took off from

Always use up all of your runway there is no downside in a higher ground speed.

Edited by =WFPK=Sshadow14, 12 February 2017 - 19:25.

9vcg7p.jpgycFpaib.jpg                                 

#28 WTH

WTH

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:51

Tell me please, what is it?

Attached File  3.jpg   522.19KB   1 downloads

#29 Mad_Mikhael

Mad_Mikhael

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:27

Tell me please, what is it?

attachicon.gif3.jpg

Spoiler

From LukeFF topic.

EDIT: Number 4 in your screenshot is Fuel transfer system.

Number 2 is Course autopilot deviation.

Edited by SolidStalker, 15 February 2017 - 08:35.

#30 WTH

WTH

Posted 16 February 2017 - 00:25

Spoiler

From LukeFF topic.

EDIT: Number 4 in your screenshot is Fuel transfer system.

Number 2 is Course autopilot deviation.

Thank you! :salute:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users