Nil

Junkers 52 "Tante Ju" /Lisunov Li2/C47 ❤️Fan Club & Help

What times and servers do you lot fly on? I live in Singapore(but am British), and it is a bit hard to ever see this kind of teamwork. So, what times and servers will it have to enter with a Ju52 to participate in a drop with you lot?

• Upvote 1

Hi hames123, for the TG1, you can contact us in our discord channel https://discord.gg/mYtxxw8

That is the best way.

We fly on random expert

and the Friday Night Bomber Flight Coop mostly.

If you fly with Ju52, ask for cover in the drop zone at least. Many pilots would be glad to help you.

I already own the Ju52, but when my Sqd fly red we really need a counterpart. Are there any place where I can vote or request the C-47/Lisunov Li-2?

• Upvote 1

Hey Starfire.

You understood the weak point of the Ju52: there is not any russian counterpart.

Poll have been created requesting a c47/li2 in pool section, but the dev team is really tight on the schedule.

The best way would be in my opinion to request it in the Q & A teamspeak session. 

• Upvote 1

So, did anybody fly the Tante Ju in VR? - How is the cockpit? And the general experience?

• Upvote 1

I already own the Ju52, but when my Sqd fly red we really need a counterpart. Are there any place where I can vote or request the C-47/Lisunov Li-2?

Not happening. No time for another transport. Just have them fly pe-2 and use imagination.

Here are the link for Gambit21 Missions!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

THANK YOU! https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/28858-single-player-ju-52-missions-gambit-21/

I edited my inital post to include it!

Yes it is sad that there is no counterpart yet. Maybe we will get one , but the dev team is too busy. They have a tight schedule so even if they want to release one, they can not for the moment. Let's be patient and request it in the Q & A session in teamspeak and hope for the best.

Edited by 1./TG1_Nil

Bloody brilliant Gambit. I purchased the Ju52 because I buy everything they put out but did not envisage using it after a bit of a play. However, after doing your first mission I am hooked. Twas most immersive twas. Mercury bow coops (or similar)

Herr Zebra

Excellent series you are pumping out. You are not a distant relation to raaaid perchance?

Edited by pilotpierre
  • Upvote 1

Hey guys!

I just got the JU52 today :)

I played a few missions on the Campaign.

I'm still a bit confused though, with how the radiators effect the Temperatures, there's Inlet Cowls and Oil Rads, and there's 6 Temp gauges, 2 for each engine, I'm guessing the upper temp gauges are Oil out temps and the bottom ones are Oil In temps, but I can't figure out what Rads effect what, I've tried opening and closing cowls and rads, but they both seem to control both temperature gauges, and the out Temperature always seems too hot (90~100 degrees) while the in temperature always seems too cold (50~60 degrees).

Can someone please help me understand what I'm doing wrong?

(Also the rudder seems very sensitive and tends to pull to the right a lot when you gain a little bit of speed and then pulls back centre when it slows down, and requires a lot of trim.)

• Upvote 1

so basicly the the valves have to be open to max nearly allways if its warm, only in winter i leave it lower but on a normal day after take off you can leave both on about 80-90. ( she overheats like mad :) ) with the temp gauges, one is showing the oil temp entering the engine other is exiting the engine. that is why there is 6. I hope i helped a bit I am no expert.

Also i forgot to add i like to run the engine on max cooling before take off, idling the engine for a minute or two. After start up the exiting oil is close or over 100 degrees. makes takeoff smoother IMO.

Edited by 1./TG1_Norbiee
  • Upvote 1

good answer Norbee!

(Also the rudder seems very sensitive and tends to pull to the right a lot when you gain a little bit of speed and then pulls back centre when it slows down, and requires a lot of trim.)

it is a well known bug, I reported it in bug section, and Han will check it.

Friday there was a 5 plane flight on the Friday night bombing event it was so much fun. I forgot to record so i can only provide this one picture. This event is a very good way to play the ju52 as our contribution is massive in the 14th panzer divisions effort every time the event happens.

post-120244-0-87101300-1493486182_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1./TG1_Norbiee
  • Upvote 3

Just got VR and starting flying here again. Flying the 52 (and in VR) has been a dream come true. I really hope they get the co-pilots and bombardier positions working for multi crew, it would be fun to fly with my friends in those capacities.

Great thread for a great plane

• Upvote 3

Vr sounds really cool but can you see? I mean is it not blurry? I want to get one :)

• Upvote 1

Vr sounds really cool but can you see? I mean is it not blurry? I want to get one :)

It is certainly a step down from your high-end visuals, but it doesn't matter.  The feeling of actually being in the plane changes everything.  Words cannot do justice for what we are dealing with here.  You need to see it for yourself.  

• Upvote 1

what a crazy turning angle :) but she was okay. In this flight i was pushing her on 96% for ages she started smoking but i made it home safe and in time.

post-120244-0-26283800-1494022145_thumb.jpg

post-120244-0-06937700-1494022152_thumb.jpg

post-120244-0-54443400-1494022155_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Not that i know of :( Campaign i can recommend.

• Upvote 1

Guys as I just informed redcoat via PM, I'm probably looking at another 140 hours or so at least just to get the remaining 14 missions completed and tested, then another chunk of time getting them

into campaign format, briefings, images etc. 

Given what is likely a small percentage of Ju-52 owners, as smaller percentage that fly it,  and a smaller percentage still of users who would purchase a campaign for it, I can't reconcile all those hours and time away

from other projects. I'd be creating content for a niche, within a niche, within a niche, within niche.

My likely course of action will be to wait for Kuban and create a campaign for an aircraft that everyone owns...most likely the A-20.

Then Midway.

While waiting for Kuban, I'll mess around with a Ju-52 mission here and there and post it when completed.

I'd plans for a commando drop and extraction scenario, so maybe I'll complete those 2 missions in the interim.

• Upvote 3

Guys as I just informed redcoat via PM, I'm probably looking at another 140 hours or so at least just to get the remaining 14 missions completed and tested, then another chunk of time getting them

into campaign format, briefings, images etc. 

Given what is likely a small percentage of Ju-52 owners, as smaller percentage that fly it,  and a smaller percentage still of users who would purchase a campaign for it, I can't reconcile all those hours and time away

from other projects. I'd be creating content for a niche, within a niche, within a niche, within niche.

My likely course of action will be to wait for Kuban and create a campaign for an aircraft that everyone owns...most likely the A-20.

Then Midway.

While waiting for Kuban, I'll mess around with a Ju-52 mission here and there and post it when completed.

I'd plans for a commando drop and extraction scenario, so maybe I'll complete those 2 missions in the interim.

Thanks Gambit, the odd Junkers misdion here and there would be great. I can well understand your reluctance to invest so much time in something that may not have many end users. However, if more players had a crack at your existing missions I have no doubt there would be more followers.

I had not spent much time on the beast until I tried your first mission. That gave me incentive to get to know the beast more and after finishing your 5 I am now working my way through the game campaign Ju 52 missions before going back to yours for a second run through.

I await with anticipation for your A20 campaign should you do it. I would buy it in a flash.

• Upvote 1

Dear transport fellow pilots, I'm a new member of the JU52 warriors and already love this plane !

First short take off went well ... until I remembered that the flaps were linked to the stabilizer haha : didn't have enough altitude to compensate and killed my copilot and 12 paratroopers !

A basic rookie question would be : is it normal that I cannot control the water temp or the commands are different for this specific bird ?

Cheers and fly safe !

edit : found the air entry commands, assigned to the wrong shortcut :) let's have fun !

Edited by Sigma
  • Upvote 1

BTW Sigma, it is a radial engine with oil inlet and outlet temperature. The only water onboard is in the bottles of the paratroopers. ;)

• Upvote 2

BTW Sigma, it is a radial engine with oil inlet and outlet temperature. The only water onboard is in the bottles of the paratroopers. ;)

thanks, i was reading some interesting stuff about that on the web before attempting a drop on random expert mp :) those bottles could be usefull though haha

btw I do think that this plane is really nice for learning to navigate on sight due to his low speed and gunner 360° :P

• Upvote 1

The weather is fine and Tante Ju is in the air again.

I was doing my dishes this sunday at around 17:20 CEST when I heard a slow flying engine beating the sky. Expecting a helicopter I was surprised by the view of a low flying Ju 52. At a flight level below 1000 it followed the Autobahn 46 coming from exit Wuppertal-Elberfeld and started banking left over exit Wuppertal-Barmen where I lost eye-contact.

Judging by the red tail fin it was a swiss registered Junkers. And I guess it operated from Köln-Bonn airport CGN / EDDK.

I expect more sightings in the coming weeks with good weather. Hopefully I have a better window (ha ha) of opportunity to get my mobile phone camera ready. This time it just wasn't possible.

• Upvote 3

Any idea why wheel antenna (on the top of fuselage) turns around in quick mission but from cold and dark (parked) not?

vbl1nlOl.jpg

Edited by YoYo
  • Upvote 1

Any idea why wheel antenna (on the top of fuselage) turns around in quick mission but from cold and dark (parked) not?

The radio operator operates the radio & direction finder in flight only.

• Upvote 1

Thx, but after take off it stays still.

• Upvote 1

Thx, but after take off it stays still.

Hm, that's in contrast to my findings. I did some testing with the beautiful Ju-52-missions by Gambit21 and during that for the first time I've seen the loop-antenna rotating in flight. Don't ask me what might activated the radio operator - maybe the presence of a NDB in range or somewhere on the map?

• Upvote 1

The radio operator works without commands. Its the mission creators who chose which NDB he should locate. And I think if the mission creators do nothing with it, it will automatically chose the starting airfields NDM if it has one. Not 100% sure tho

• Upvote 1

Got a question for you JU52 drivers out there. I was struggling to manage my temperatures. I have inlet cowls bound, and that's fine, but exit temps seemed to run very cool, and I was afraid they were going to go under the line, so I tried to manage both temps using inlet cowls only. 

Is this the correct way to do it ? also, I couldn't seem to find the oil temp gauges, so left the oil radiator fully open

• Upvote 1