Nil

Junkers 52 "Tante Ju" /Lisunov Li2/C47 ❤️Fan Club & Help

I hope that idea of bringing more options like medevac, troops (regular ones) or VIP transports is not gone :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Has there been any news regarding the fate of the C-47/Li-2 for this sim? As much as I love the Ju-52, I really wanna get my hands on the C-47/Li-2. Its such a beautiful aircraft and would really balance out the mission types for both sides. I mean, I'm not against playing as the Luftwaffe, but I'd like to play as the allies for once without playing as a fighter (which I suck at) or a bomber (A-20 is fun and all but its not quite what I enjoy the most)

• Like 2

@kitsunelegend I share your feelings, I am not into figther or bomber (anymore) I am waiting for the Li-2 announcement. Might occur after bodenplatte, or next year... I keep my finger crossed. Tante Ju without Li-2 is a big issue on mp server, and I love the dc3 family.

I hope for the best regarding transport gameplay in this sim.

Quick question, are these things doing exaclty the same thing? Just get arrow in the middle and you are good? Additionally the one on the right gives you range as well. Also read in some old topic that one of these should light up when you pass under the tower, which one is that?

image.png.5a13de013ba60e98e24c0a4e42ca9d86.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, InProgress said:

Quick question, are these things doing exaclty the same thing? Just get arrow in the middle and you are good? Additionally the one on the right gives you range as well. Also read in some old topic that one of these should light up when you pass under the tower, which one is that?

image.png.5a13de013ba60e98e24c0a4e42ca9d86.png

Yes they are doing the same thing.  The one on the right has the light in it.  You have to be directly over the beacon to get a light and the lower you are the shorter the flash of the light.

The gauge 2 down from the right one also gives the bearing to the beacon which is helpful when flying away from a beacon.  Combined with the distance meter it can help you stay lined up on the bearing and know how far you are from it.

Edited by Plurp
  • Like 1

@Plurp

You know why they had so many of them? Why not just 1?

Also from some old topics i found that there is no mixture but some high alt throttle. From what i know in box it's not made right. "Mixture" should be at 0% and just add more when you fly 900m+. Is that right?

• Like 1

Oh my gosh! when I see this cockpit pictures, one word come into my mind: gorgeous!!!

I wish the interior cabin will be modeled as well , to see if we have cargo or paratroops.

This plane is a pure gem!

1 hour ago, InProgress said:

@Plurp

You know why they had so many of them? Why not just 1?

Also from some old topics i found that there is no mixture but some high alt throttle. From what i know in box it's not made right. "Mixture" should be at 0% and just add more when you fly 900m+. Is that right?

You need AFN-1 (on right) for flying TO a beacon and distance and the rotary (2 down) for  flying FROM.  Both together you can also triangulate your position if we could change freq channels.

3rd one (left) maybe older system now a reduntant gauge in case AFN-1 malfunctions.

Mixture I will have to test later as I have not messed with it in a while

• Like 1

Mixture right now seems to be like the rest of the planes.  (Right or wrong I can't say) 100% for start, takeoff, 90% once airborne and 80% at 1000m.  Tried leaning and I could take it all to 0% @1000m or on the deck and it keeps running at around 15 kph slower.

• Like 1

:mda: oh well

Thing that bothers me kind of a lot :P is stat page, where you see all these pilots who fly ju52 and have bunch of plane kills, ships, tanks and even buildings. A bit of immersion killer. Would be cool if they could add 1 more tab with transport score. Would show how much tons of supplies you delivered or people transported.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 7/8/2019 at 12:25 PM, Nil said:

@kitsunelegend I share your feelings, I am not into figther or bomber (anymore) I am waiting for the Li-2 announcement. Might occur after bodenplatte, or next year... I keep my finger crossed. Tante Ju without Li-2 is a big issue on mp server, and I love the dc3 family.

I hope for the best regarding transport gameplay in this sim.

The Li-2 is also a plane I am really looking forward to, and I find it a bit strange that they haven't mentioned it at all recently. It was my understanding that the external team that made the U-2 was going to also do the Li-2 afterwards, but we haven't even seen WIP screens of the Li-2 3D model and its been over 6 months since the u-2 was released. I hope they are still planning on making the Li-2..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, InProgress said:

Would be cool if they could add 1 more tab with transport score. 

That is so true! indeed, we need a "support" or "transport" column.

8 hours ago, Flashy said:

It was my understanding that the external team that made the U-2 was going to also do the Li-2 afterwards, but we haven't even seen WIP screens of the Li-2 3D model and its been over 6 months since the u-2 was released. I hope they are still planning on making the Li-2..

Me too. Maybe they are busy remaking flying circus plane, then they will start the Li2

I really hope for this.

11 hours ago, Nil said:

Me too. Maybe they are busy remaking flying circus plane, then they will start the Li2

I really hope for this.

Oh yeah, thats a good point. Maybe they are the ones who are doing FC. But that means we cant have FC vol 2 and new collector planes being developed at the same time 😢

• Like 1

A nice video for DC-3 fans:

GPS in the cockpit, along with some other fancy stuff, but still the same rugged old bird, with the inevitable gremlins that go with it. If you are planning on burning 700 gallons of your total 800 gallon fuel capacity on route from Montreal to Narsarsuaq , you need to make sure that the 'auto lean' mixture setting actually does what it says. 😲

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I know it's probably a small thing and does not really matter :P but i was reading one of the osprey books about Fallschirmjager, i noticed that in game not everything is done right. They jump in really weird way. Textbook jump with legs and arms spread out and kind of like diving, with head down. In game they just jump like americans did, with legs down.

They also have weird parachutes, germans used really bad ones. They used RZ-1 and RZ-16, you could not control them, you just fall down, the line was behind them and not in front.

main-qimg-2ab32772d0fca3c4fe663f6aded037

They had these 2 lines connecting into 1 and then you had a parachute.

In the game they have these in front and can hold them.

hqdefault.jpg

I think devs just used normal parachute model of pilots. While summer uniform feels right, i am not sure about the winter one. It's most likely fantasy anyway, i think since Creta there was not any more jumping unless some special operations like Gran Sasso raid (tho they used gliders in there). It's just that they don't have long "blouse" like they do in summer skins.

hqdefault.jpg

I am not sure but i think it was a must have for every jump and winter skin for them seem to have just a regular blouse that they used in winter in russia but not for jumping.

And last thing is no box with weapons and ammo, every paratrooper has mp40, while they did jump with them (every 4th of them i guess) it was very dangerous and they always had a box that jumped first with bunch of guns and ammo.

Like i said before, it's just a small thing and i don't really think there was any jumping in russia anyway so they are pure fantasy (would much rather see regular infantry/medevac transport :P ). So it's more like a "fun facts" post than "you did it wrong, fix plz" post. Still it would be nice to see some improvements and new content for ju52.

Edited by InProgress
  • Like 4

Part two of the DC-3 Atlantic crossing video:

• Like 1

On 7/12/2019 at 3:20 AM, Flashy said:

Oh yeah, thats a good point. Maybe they are the ones who are doing FC. But that means we cant have FC vol 2 and new collector planes being developed at the same time 😢

I'm pretty sure that was Ugra Media. They're heavily involved in the various modules going on now (tanks and FC, I think). The Li-2 will need to wait. But I want it just as badly as the B-25. :)

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Yankee_ said:

I'm pretty sure that was Ugra Media. They're heavily involved in the various modules going on now (tanks and FC, I think). The Li-2 will need to wait. But I want it just as badly as the B-25. :)

They are making syria map for DCS right now and should also fix their normandy map in dcs too. So they have a lot of ongoing projects.

• Like 1

Part 3 of the DC-3 Atlantic crossing:

I'm not sure whether taking off from Narsarsuaq is even scarier than landing: in case of engine failure, ditch straight ahead?

• Like 1

Andy, you should get a copy of "Fate is the Hunter" really quick. Something tells me that you'll adore that book!

In fact, most people that are into transports (or flying in general) will absolutely love it. I cannot recomment it highly enough.

It's one of the few books that had me totally fixiated on page one already!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Fantastic book! 

I had just finished the last chapter when I got the 'call' for my first DC-4 mission 

(spooky!) 

I really need to re-read it cannot recommend it enough! 

Cheers, Dakpilot 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Part 4:

On 9/7/2019 at 11:26 AM, Bremspropeller said:

Andy, you should get a copy of "Fate is the Hunter" really quick. Something tells me that you'll adore that book!

In fact, most people that are into transports (or flying in general) will absolutely love it. I cannot recomment it highly enough.

It's one of the few books that had me totally fixiated on page one already!

Sorry, I'd missed this earlier. Yup, I should definitely read Fate is the Hunter.

• Upvote 1

On 9/15/2019 at 6:18 AM, AndyJWest said:

copy of "Fate is the Hunter

After reading this thread I bought a copy. Absolutely un-put-down-able. A must read. I've bought a copy for my airline pilot cousin, who'd also never heard of it. Best flying writing I've read since going through all Derek Robinson's books, and absolutely the best non-fiction flying book I've ever come across. He writes with real flair, humility and honesty.

Thank you very much for the recommendation.

Also am I the only on ehoping that th eDev's partners may have been quietly working on a DC3 as a surprise xmas present for us?? 

Edited by [_FLAPS_]Diggun
  • Upvote 2

On 12/23/2016 at 8:16 PM, PapaFlo said:

Cool idea Nil!

Good tips and advises.

Let me contribute this shot:

3vns7gmx.jpg

Maybe you could add a section for missions and campaigns for the Ju-52 when they are done (or in progress like gambit's campaign).

:salute:

Flo

I just bought it, it's quite huge in Arcade mode. And can shoot down a UV 2s that's bothering a red cross aid dropping mission ...

Ju52 medic.jpg

Edited by jollyjack

As You see, we will recive C-47 in BoN but 

Why C-47 AI only ? 😰

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

As You see, we will recive C-47 in BoN but 

Why C-47 AI only ? 😰

Hopefully because they are saving it for part of an Lisunov-2/C-47 Collector Plane pack... :) We can still hope!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sunday's JU52 mission

JU52s.jpg

2019-11-25-7-37-11.jpg

We lost 3 out of 11.  Don't straggle!

Edited by III./SG77-K_Bobo
  • Like 1

Just picked up the Tante Ju in the current sale. Must say what a beautifully rendered cockpit! I tried to strike up a conversation with the co-pilot but he''s not having it. Very happy with the purchase. Hopefully one day the C-47 Dakota and B-26 Marauder might become flyable.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Avimimus said:

Hopefully because they are saving it for part of an Lisunov-2/C-47 Collector Plane pack... :) We can still hope!

Yep, maybe as collector plane I hope !!! I will buy it in the frst day of pre purchase 😍 ... especially for Normandy map.

Imgine MP mission with 30 x C-47, cover and enemy planes ;D ....

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

Yep, maybe as collector plane I hope !!! I will buy it in the frst day of pre purchase 😍 ... especially for Normandy map.

Imgine MP mission with 30 x C-47, cover and enemy planes ;D ....

I actually modded the flyable Il-2 1946 Lisunov-2 mod to cover some of the rarer prototypes and proposals (including the 2xNS45 late war train buster)... but one thing I found fun was that many of the night bombers had a single ShKAS fixed forward firing... it'd be fun to vulch with ;) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have high hopes that we will get the C-47 flyable, sure it has been announced as AI only right now but that can change, I'm sure the Devs know that every person who bought the Tante Ju will buy the C-47 in a heartbeat and that it has a place in this flight sim.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

Thought everyone should notice the Team Daidalos update:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=719850&postcount=5

That looks awesome, I always have loved the work Sita does for the sim, very impressive.:drinks:

Maybe he will let Jason have a copy of that cockpit.;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

I must say, i am impressed... they added canisters that drop first before fallschirmjagers. Details like this are what missing in box.

Well i hope we can expect some new content here. Tho we waited 5 years for auto recovery in ju87 :rolleyes: 

Well, I for one will not be purchasing Battle of Normandy until the C-47 becomes flyable. Literally none of the other planes interest me, and the map is the only thing I'm even slightly interested in. And since I'm not a mission creator (I've tried but the damn mission editor is stupidly hard to figure out) I have no use for AI only aircraft.

Over all, really disappointed that they decided to make probably one of the single most famous and most used allied transport aircraft not able to be flown by the players.

As for flyable C47 / Li2, some time ago I created a poll. This is just a reminder for those who might have missed it.

Maybe it will catch the attention of the dev team one day...

Milan