TG1_Nil

Junkers 52 "Tante Ju" /Lisunov Li2/C47 ❤️Fan Club & Help

Guess the Dc-3 could now be intresting for the low countries regio, while flying a bridge to far campaign.

• Upvote 3

Guess the Dc-3 could now be intresting for the low countries regio, while flying a bridge to far campaign.

If we do eventually have a DC-3/Li-2 and the Ju-52 together in the game you have probably the two most used civil and military transports around at the time, the new map covering parts of Belgium/Netherlands/Germany scenario will allow for all manner of routes to be flown by military or civil aviation from the middle thirties onward, it will be a very interesting time for mission builders and players I think. :cool:

We look forward with eager anticipation. ;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. :biggrin:

Edited by Missionbug
  • Upvote 1

Indeed! Lots of good news for our mighty Fan Club!

We will have 2 transport and the Po2 <3

My only concern is that so far, dev enthusiasm for both projects has been lukewarm. We've had people enquiring about the feasibility of an Li-2 for ages to compliment the Ju 52, and there have been requests for a Po-2 for a good while as well.

Meanwhile we've had the main team working on rushing out a sixth or seventh (? I'm losing count tbh) Bf 109 and a variant of an existing La-5 variant and then announcing a release full of fighters, while the Po-2 has been given to a third-party with no known timescale and no guarantee it will ever see the light of day, and with the Li-2's existence being entirely dependent on the success or otherwise of the Po-2.

I think the Po-2 was announced in the late summer, so if it gets a release in December alongside the new fighters (which is optimistic as we've heard very little to indicate where it's at) then that still means it's had a five-month gestation period and the Li-2 is at least as far behind as that again. Probably further as it's a much more complex airframe and I imagine it'll take longer to do.

Not trying to pour cold water on the optimism here, I'm looking forward to taking to the skies in our Li-2s and hoping this prompts the creation of more content to support transports and utility aircraft. But I'm hoping that we get a meaningful update on the status of the project because it's been a long time coming

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure why you're trying to characterize the Dev's enthusiasm for these projects as "lukewarm"

They've made provisions for their creation in the only way they could without comprising their product development timeline- what more can we ask for?

It was a question of experimenting with a trusted 3rd party or forget the matter completely due to lack of resources.

That's not lack of enthusiasm - in fact quite the opposite.

• Upvote 1

Maybe you should set up your own transport server. It would have the Germans in the kessel, and the pilots would have to bring in a certain amount of supplies everyday to keep the German AT guns with ammunition to prevent the kessel from being overrun.(just spawn lots of the ground support mission set-up from the campaign). It would also be pretty popular with ground attack pilots. After all, it would have lots of ground combat in the kessel, so they will come. The abundance of ground attack planes and transports will attract fighter pilots, who can help keep the population in check, thus ensuring that the kessel will survive for a while and the server can continue to give the Ju 52 pilots an objective.

Edited by hames123
  • Upvote 1

Maybe you should set up your own transport server. It would have the Germans in the kessel, and the pilots would have to bring in a certain amount of supplies everyday to keep the German AT guns with ammunition to prevent the kessel from being overrun.(just spawn lots of the ground support mission set-up from the campaign). It would also be pretty popular with ground attack pilots. After all, it would have lots of ground combat in the kessel, so they will come. The abundance of ground attack planes and transports will attract fighter pilots, who can help keep the population in check, thus ensuring that the kessel will survive for a while and the server can continue to give the Ju 52 pilots an objective.

Neat idea.

Does IL2:BoX have the stats to support that? What I mean is, can the server track this level of transport, and give credit to the pilots that fly the transport missions.

The way I seems at the moment, is that the statistics system doesn't recognise transport. (Part of a more general problem regarding transport pilots.)

• Upvote 1

Neat idea.

Does IL2:BoX have the stats to support that? What I mean is, can the server track this level of transport, and give credit to the pilots that fly the transport missions.

The way I seems at the moment, is that the statistics system doesn't recognise transport. (Part of a more general problem regarding transport pilots.)

I do wish they would add the ability to get points for dropping cargo and paratroops.

• Upvote 2

Basler certainly do some fine work

But Turbine Daks are a crime against humanity!!  :cool:    :negative:

Cheers, Dakpilot

It's a pity seing those iconic aircraft (partly wolrd war veterans) being hack sawed and stacked with modern equipment. On the other hand it helps preserving the airframes which otherwise would eventually be scraped so it's not that bad after all.

Reminds me of the turboprop Do 24 which is the only left still flying thx to it's modernisation.

Edited by 6./ZG26_5tuka
  • Upvote 2

Hi dear fans!

As I am not piloting in the real life nowadays so I was looking for videos about our Ju52,

And I found this gem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiKDiN4A8Ac

A night mission, lovely commented by MagzTV 

I highly recommend you watch it on full screen (at night  :) ) because we learn a lot of informations about Tante Ju!

Among other informations:  It was a very good aircraft for night operations because of its low noise signature, his low speed. (kind of reminds me the Po2)

Enjoy!

I have uptaded my initial post with this video and the awesome Gambit21 Missions!

If you find another things that I can add, let me know as usual!

Keep the baby alive and growing while we wait the Po2 and  the Li2

A big thank for ALL your messages, your support, your love to our Tante Ju!!  ;)

post-467-0-76545700-1517655819_thumb.jpg

Credit Photo: Bent Clark https://www.flickr.com/photos/brentc2/7250981674

• Upvote 3

Haza, Dr. Zebra's videos are an institution protected by UNESCO. They are an essential pillar that keeps this community driving forwards, and this striped animal's brilliant exploits mean we can see how far can the envelope be pushed without having to try (and fail to) do it ourselves.

#JeSuisZebra

I'm sorry I totally disagree.  I have joined many Ju52 (1./TG1) fan club missions in various Ju52 operations, however, taking the mickey out of a Flight Model (FM) for somebody else's own gratification and glorification of their YouTube site when you have to consider that they were perhaps gifted the aircraft to me under values the FM and is extremely disrespectful and certainly has everything to do with exploiting an FM and making a mockery of it and is certainly divisive.  However, owing to the fact that one of us perhaps has the integrity to realise this, I will say no more on this topic!  I for one am not a rabbit dazzled in the headlights of Zebra!

I look forward to more youtube 1./TG1 missions that include Zebra, however, he strikes me as more of an individual who cares more about his videos and less of the team work of JU52s of the mighty 1./TG1, which is such a shame!

Regards

Edited by Haza
  • Upvote 1

I'm sorry I totally disagree.  I have joined many Ju52 (1./TG1) fan club missions in various Ju52 operations, however, taking the mickey out of a Flight Model (FM) for somebody else's own gratification and glorification of their YouTube site when you have to consider that they were perhaps gifted the aircraft to me under values the FM and is extremely disrespectful and certainly has everything to do with exploiting an FM and making a mockery of it and is certainly divisive.  However, owing to the fact that one of us perhaps has the integrity to realise this, I will say no more on this topic!  I for one am not a rabbit dazzled in the headlights of Zebra!

I look forward to more youtube 1./TG1 missions that include Zebra, however, he strikes me as more of an individual who cares more about his videos and less of the team work of JU52s of the mighty 1./TG1, which is such a shame!

Regards

When you're trying to IL2, but people keep disrespecting the Flight Models...

post-93480-0-58160700-1517674740_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

taking the mickey out of a Flight Model (FM) for somebody else's own gratification and glorification of their YouTube site when you have to consider that they were perhaps gifted the aircraft to me under values the FM and is extremely disrespectful and certainly has everything to do with exploiting an FM and making a mockery of it and is certainly divisive. 

No digital representation of anything can be perfect..  documenting what can be done and what doesn´t work or may have unintenional effect is never "undervalueing the FM" it is just using it and sharing what is objectivly there.  And it is fun and as old as flightsims themselves. Some people just play diffently.

You probably not going to like how much fun the guys over at DCS have with the 2.5 release:

https://youtu.be/FMp-pzlwzlE?t=118

back to the junkes: just a side note, but if you land while the parachute drop sequence is running, the guys get stuck in the door and stack up on release once back in the air:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_qDp1jMU1Q

• Upvote 3

Quick quesion. How do i alter prop pitch and lower/raise flaps in the ju52.

I love it but cant get much lift.

You can't alter prop pitch in the 'Tante Ju'. For lowering the flaps for the takeoff, simply press the key for 'Lower Flaps', you can see a red knob on the right side of the pilot seat moving up, now you can lower your flaps with the key or axis for your elevator trim. You can see the needles in the gauge at the left side move. After you retracted your flaps, when you are in the air, don't forget to press the key for 'Retract Flaps' unless you want to move your flaps every time you trim your elevator. And do the same for lowering your flaps before landing.

• Upvote 2

Ahhhhh! I understand! Thanks for clearing that up.

Other threads i found on the subject were not ultra simple for an old horse like me.

Thanks again!

• Upvote 1

Maybe this has been asked already, but couldn't find it with a quick search...

What's the minimum altitude at which paratroopers can be deployed (without them crashing on the ground!) from a Ju 52 in IL2?

Edited by =GEMINI=Framais

Hi Framais! welcome to the fan club! Here you go, look on the original post:

How to drop paratrooper? Go airborne and hit the "Bomb" Key (above 120m height, preferably at 160 km/h to "tight" your landing point)

Have fun!!! ;)

• Upvote 1

Hello dear fans!

2018_3_18__20_42_10.thumb.jpg.41002c40016dcd337a27d1004248e2e5.jpg

Yersterday, I was hanging out on RANDOM EXPERT server in hope to have some work for pilot transport.

I found nothing, but By chance (with "become a gunner" feature) I found that 2 Ju52 pilot where circling around an airfield.

I joined them, they where so glad and we were heading to another friendly airflield.

2018_3_18__21_9_45.thumb.jpg.ce22cdfc231218fa4af8589ef59e3655.jpg

2018_3_18__21_26_47.thumb.jpg.78ae842eac4e96fd0516d83efa2da50b.jpg

We did that 2 times!

Thank you so much JG4_Balthasar! (and an onther JG4 but I forgot his name...)

I was so nice to simply fly on formation together in a relaxed pace. Great change from strtessful and frustratings dogfights!

The more I am flying Tante Ju with people, the more I ask myself this question:

What would be this sim without transports ?

What do you think guys??

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, WIS-Redcoat said:

I think we need points for supply runs and paratroops.

Couldn't agree more. 

• Upvote 2

Totally agree...   we need something like this:

20180318164929_1a.thumb.jpg.9d3e7711caccd7888b6c679dc4438fa1.jpg

Part of encouraging people to fly transport is to give them incentive to do so. I've advocated this on numerous occasions (EXAMPLE) and will continue to do so, as I think it is extremely important. Although the best-possible-fighters might be the most glamorous, it is only by padding out the entire aviation ecosystem, that you get a rich and rewarding simulator environment. Even if someone does not fly a Ju 52/3m themselves, the fact that they *might* happen across one on a server, gives that variety and "wow" factor that keeps the experience fresh.

The Ju 52/3m is already, as implemented, quite a gem and a bold foray on the part of the developers. A couple more loadouts (medical evacuation patients, and officer/solider passengers), points for completing missions, adding variety to the career missions, and multi-player stats comparable in detail to that of other aircraft, and you will have a completed, rewarding and, thus, popular aircraft role. And that is without even adding floats!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

I totally agree, we don't have enough opportunities to fly this wonderful flying piece of corrugated sheet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, xvii-Dietrich said:

The Ju 52/3m is already, as implemented, quite a gem and a bold foray on the part of the developers. A couple more loadouts (medical evacuation patients, and officer/solider passengers), points for completing missions, adding variety to the career missions, and multi-player stats comparable in detail to that of other aircraft, and you will have a completed, rewarding and, thus, popular aircraft role. And that is without even adding floats!

Ah, so sweet words... my dream... I totally agree with , you put words out of my mouth Dietrich!!!

• Thanks 1

Our squadron flies the Ju with every opportunity on WOL.  The missions are long and enjoyable but alas no points and few missions to enjoy.  It’s not disastrous, it’s catastrophic.

• Upvote 1

Guys has anyone been having problems flying with a Ju52 squadron in Career Mode? I have tried once, but the missions kept being assigned to and carried on by AI pilots ONLY. As days go by the system never assigned ME a mission. Is this a bug? Anyone else bumped into this problem?

Yes,  the first career I started was for the Ju 52.  It must have some bugs as I was never given a mission.  Anyways, I have since learned the only mission type currently available is to deliver cargo.  So I will wait for some updates.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, =GEMINI=Framais said:

Guys has anyone been having problems flying with a Ju52 squadron in Career Mode? I have tried once, but the missions kept being assigned to and carried on by AI pilots ONLY. As days go by the system never assigned ME a mission. Is this a bug? Anyone else bumped into this problem?

Dear Framais and Redcoat , Yes it is a bug. Maybe the commander is deciding who is flying and he wants you to relax and drink some Schnaps !

If you want to fly, you can be the commander before starting a new campaign.

Look at this screen I made for you ^^ and let me know if it works

Inked2018_3_19__19_45_56_LI.jpg.70c6c434c0fd9cfbe4bdc51cb01e3582.jpg

Edited by 1./TG1_Nil
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 1./TG1_Nil said:

Dear Framais and Redcoat , it is not a bug, the commander is deciding who is flying and he wants you to relax and drink some Schnaps !

If you want to fly, you can be the commander before starting a new campaign.

Oh, I see, I actually thought so, but never tried - thanks for pointing this out!

As much as I enjoy relaxing and drinking Schnaps though, I think lower rank pilots should also be included in the missions schedule ;)

• Upvote 1

I ran over this campaign behaviour also.

Just for kicks I let the campaign algorithm fly those AI sorties. After a week in-game finally a mission for my pilot was generated and I was able to fly in the campaign.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Hi Framais, visit the discord channel in my signature below, maybe we can do some flight together on Coconut or Random Expert server

• Upvote 1

On 3/19/2018 at 7:50 PM, 1./TG1_Nil said:

I started a new career on the Moscow map and sadly was shot down on the first mission so started again.

Second time around I realised that using the above button gives you the choice to actually decide if you fly the first, second or third mission of the day, there is a drop down box with all the allocated pilots, you included. ;)

2018_3_31__22_31_3.jpg

I had actually gone a few days of allowing the game to decide before I realised the above.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. :biggrin:

Edited by Missionbug
  • Upvote 1

Hi Tante fans, video from Stalingrad career . I recommend for play :)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I have just been driving near the airport of Hannover on the 352 westbound, and couldn't believe my eyes. A Ju-52 passing the Autobahn diagonally heading south, low above me! 

The engine's long axles even reflecting in the sun, the Ju-52 looked polished as if it had just left the factory. And it looked a bit sleeker than the Ju-52 in-game, very elegant plane. 

That's the second time I see a Ju-52 in the last 12 months. Last time one was passing above the house while I was chilling in the garden. 

I've got to book a flight on one of those for once, this is incredible. But it's necessary to plan 6 months ahead. It seems like they're quite popular for sightseeing tours above northern Germany. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Just purchased the Ju52 guys and I'm going to take her out for her maiden flight a bit later. Wish me luck il need it haha

1st of all I'm going to read through this section and try and pick up any advice I can.

Im correct in saying that so far only cargo drops are accessible in career mode? Hopefully the Devs will add more mission variety soon.

il try a career in Pats brilliant CG and see what that throws up. Soon has I'm proficient enough il try a MP flight.

Stay safe gents Best regards Adger