chair1

Direct3D device

Since install of update I get a message "Can't Create Direct3D device"

Update graphic card drivers

Disabled Steam overlay

???????????????????????

What video card are you using?

I'm using nvidia. 260gtx.

while I do have dx11 compatible software "the card" is only capable of ddl 10 features. Direct3D

I get the exact same error you are getting.

Geforce series 300 is ddl 10.1 capable

Geforce series 400 up is ddl 11 capable.

Geforce series 1000 up is ddl 12 compatible (Windows 10 needed) (IL2 does not care about dx12)

Bottom line is if you have an old video card, you may have to replace it. 

DX 11 is not exactly the same as Direct3d_feature_level that have to do with what shader model etc. comes with your video card.

Maybe somebody knows more about this stuff than I do. 

If you are using AMD (Radeon) cards the chart on this site will help.

Am I allowed to link an outside website from here? I'd better not. But just put https:// in front of this address for a better explanation.

blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/chuckw/2012/06/20/direct3d-feature-levels/

I hope this helps.

Edited by newbravado

Im sorry but what..

DX11 First OFFICALLY Came our on GTX680Ti (the first card to be Built for it, not later altered or adapted as was the case with GT6xx below that.
No GT5xx car supports DX11 and only DX10 on Windows Vista or better

I have the same error after latest update 2.008:

Can not create Direct3DDevice

DXGI_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED 

Before it game worked fine. What has been changed in game?

YOU NEED A DIRECT X 11 VIDEO Card..

Simple as that There is no more support @ all (from what i can see)
For DX9 or OPENGL in IL2

This means it SHOULD NOT run on any card older than
GTX680 (As nothing below this has true DX11 but only DX10.0 and 10.1

For DX9 or OPENGL in IL2

I do not think you read Kathon's question correctly, patch 2.08 did not introduce DX11

This was posted as a fix for this error a while ago, perhaps it can help?

"Update: I got the game to work by manually running Launcher.exe from the game folder instead of running it through Steam. Launcher downloaded a 80+ MB update and then the game ran fine again. Once this was done I could run it through Steam again. It seems as if the latest update via Steam wasn't completed properly or missed crucial parts. Note that checking integrity of Steam cache didn't find anything missing."

Cheers Dakpilot

Im sorry but what..

DX11 First OFFICALLY Came our on GTX680Ti (the first card to be Built for it, not later altered or adapted as was the case with GT6xx below that.

No GT5xx car supports DX11 and only DX10 on Windows Vista or better

For DX9 or OPENGL in IL2

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-480/features

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-580/features

So.. are you saying "Built for DirectX 11 Tessilation" on those feature pages is false advertisement? 

At the bottom of the store pages for BoS/BoM/BoK  there is a list of minimum sys requirements.  For nvidia - GTX 660 is specified as the minimum card to run the game, that being said - there was a similar thread on this issue from a 500 series card user I attempted to help with, but stopped as Blacksix (dev) asked him to file a support ticket.  And heck even better if Dakpilot's suggestion works. 

Edited by headwarp

Hello,

I have recently come back and also have this error message, i assume now the game uses DX11 that having an ancient system with a GT 240 is the reason? is this the end of the road for now for me as upgrading my system isn't really an option at the moment? 

What does Can not create "Direct3DDevice: DXGI_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED" mean ???

And how can i fix it ?

Before a month the game was running fine and then this WTF

Edited by JacktheRipper

DXGI is a dll that reshade/sweetfx uses. Look for it in the bin/game folder and if it is there delete it.

Also, run dxdiag and post the results.

Edited by 1./JG54_Lang

DXGI is NOT just from Reshade its just a common DX11 direct x file.

Have you tried older drivers for your card NOT NEW ONES (nvidia mess with their drivers so older card perform worse and worse with age, so drivers now for say GTX 780 perform slower and more problem than drivers when GTX 780 was brand new. (this helps them sell cards and so on,
EG, GTX980Ti on old drivers benchmarks only 11% Slower than GTX1070 on new drivers

Hello,

I have recently come back and also have this error message, i assume now the game uses DX11 that having an ancient system with a GT 240 is the reason? is this the end of the road for now for me as upgrading my system isn't really an option at the moment? 

no local secondhand stores you can buy a GTX680 ??(first true dx11 card) 

Edited by =R4T=Sshadow14

Thanks, will see what i can find. In Meantime i can play COD but i think they are switching to DX11 at some point as well, so I will have to try to upgrade at some point.

DXGI is a dll that reshade/sweetfx uses. Look for it in the bin/game folder and if it is there delete it.

Also, run dxdiag and post the results.

i have also same problem (can not create direct3ddeviece) sir, but , don't have sweetfx or reshade in game folder ? i was update driver i was format pc :), i have dx12 it is running well all of them is enable but stil problem .s

7 minutes ago, ECV56_Berkut said:

Same problem over here :-(

The Video Card is DX 10.1

Il-2 requires a graphics card that supports DirectX 11. 

i had that promom with my old pc it was because it didint support direct 11 so i had to get a new one and it works

I have the same problem, can't figure it out. Has anyone resolved this? I have a new gtx1080, hasn't worked since I installed it as far as I can tell. Every other game I play works fine :/

53 minutes ago, D_Konig said:

I have the same problem, can't figure it out. Has anyone resolved this? I have a new gtx1080, hasn't worked since I installed it as far as I can tell. Every other game I play works fine :/

looks like everyone else's problem seems to have been a lack of compatibility with DX11...that shouldn't be an issue with such a new card though?

Are you playing through Steam or through the regular launcher?

Only thing I can say is, try the usual things I suppose. Update your drivers, back up your data and try a clean install of the game. You can try making a direct bug report too...

Tried all of the above, no help. Looks like I have to upgrade to windows 10, no other fix.

before spending on a new windows,few things you may want to try:

open the file startup.cfg in your BOx installation C:\.....\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\data

and edit those lines to  (land_tex_lods = 1 ) ( preset = 1 ) to reduce Vram usage a minimum ,   and try again

and uninstalling ans re install all redistributables may fix it too (this was a fix for my 970 when i had this same exact error message)

reduce overclock values may help too if so

good luck

edit: always a good thing to create a restore point before trying things

Edited by Lemon

How do I re-install redistributables? It's been forever since I've had to do any of this stuff, years and years.

hi Konig

first, do a restore point for safety please, than open your add/remove program windows tab, and uninstall all (microsoft visual c++...... ) can be many

after you can go there to fresh install

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

or, in your il-2 installation

C:\......\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\data\updater\3rd_party

there is a executable there  ( dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe )

you can re install/fix direct x too

C:\....\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\data\updater\3rd_party\dx

there is a executable there     ( DXSETUP.exe  )

i cant be sure this is the problem you have, but it is possible, if still not working, thereris other thing that come in mind you can check

also i assume you already try to do a clean install of your 1080 drivers ?

in nvidia driver tab keep everything unchanged (default values)) for testing first time

just for testing purpose, did you try with non-overclocked hardware ?

just for testing purpose, did you try with very low ingame settings ? (if you can get into ingame menu) or directly in startup.cfg file

other video games can run correctly on your system ?

you may want to install a hardware monitoring tool like msi afterburner to see if you can get some clues of what happening on the hardware

Well I only have BoS so far, I was waiting for Kuban to be released to get the rest so I could try the SP campaign. I don't have those updater\3rd_party folders. I did find the DXSETUP though so I'll try that first and then the C++ addons if that doesn't work. Thanks for the help!

Update: Yeah, none of that worked. :/ I'm ready to give up, I guess I'm stuck with CLOD Blitz for now. I dont want to spend the money on Moscow and Kuban and just hope that the updates fixes it somehow

Edited by D_Konig

26 minutes ago, D_Konig said:

Well I only have BoS so far, I was waiting for Kuban to be released to get the rest so I could try the SP campaign. I don't have those updater\3rd_party folders. I did find the DXSETUP though so I'll try that first and then the C++ addons if that doesn't work. Thanks for the help!

Update: Yeah, none of that worked. :/ I'm ready to give up, I guess I'm stuck with CLOD Blitz for now. I dont want to spend the money on Moscow and Kuban and just hope that the updates fixes it somehow

sorry for you, still... COD is great, 

It must be something with windows. I'm on an older machine, (5 years) still on windows 7 but it was cutting edge at the time and I just bought a gtx1080. I tried updating to 10 multiple times but it always fails. I need it on disc or something and I dont have any USB drives big enough to accommodate it lol sigh. Really annoying, I was wanting to get a VR headset sometime soon.

UPDATE: I resolved the problem, but it required me updating to windows 10 and formatting my damn computer to do it... so... halfway success? lol

43 minutes ago, D_Konig said:

UPDATE: I resolved the problem, but it required me updating to windows 10 and formatting my damn computer to do it... so... halfway success? lol

hi, good thing to do sometimes, just don't forget to backup files you need to keep !

I did re install windows 10 few weeks ago, I wanted to do a clean install, so when installer  told me I ll loose everything installed (I used the Microsoft MediaCreationTool) ,  I was thinking it would be, but many folders and programs stayed installed, so not sure how "clean" is my installation ... next time I ll do a good old   Format C:\

good day