Jason_Williams

Discussion about 1CGS - TF CLOD Cooperation Announcement

Start up is easy learned on all planes in COD , but the way engine, undercarriage, radiators, flaps, guns, hits and visual DM is modelled and the consequences for not doing it right is in a totally different league.

Flaps and gear that deploy at 600kph without damage, 'water cooler perforated' message and then exactly 2.5 minutes left, 2000hp superstuka, 1 click fuel cock startup; that's a totally different league of bugged mess for sure. Rot starts from the top but it's great they now have the chance to address major core issues with the sim.

Edited by B0SS
  • Upvote 1

Flaps and gear that deploy at 600kph without damage, 'water cooler perforated' message and then exactly 2.5 minutes left, 2000hp superstuka, 1 click fuel cock startup; that's a totally different league of bugged mess for sure. Rot starts from the top but it's great they now have the chance to address major core issues with the sim.

That is wrong, you cannot get in or out the undercarriage at high speed , remember it was about 200 km/h. For the rest of it, like radiators very tricky on Luftwaffe . Bugs or not I was talking about ambitions of the game, using other parameters than time

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte

Found a really good video Ilya and Oleg. Excellent info but you can see there's a huge improvement in graphics in Team Fusion's version of Cliffs of Dover...

Edited by II./JG27_Rich

Found a really good video Ilya and Oleg. Excellent info but you can see there's a huge improvement in graphics in Team Fusion's version

I heard opposite version that TF did cut out lot of pretty graphics details/effect from oryginal Clod release to boost fps and make game more playable at that time...

I heard opposite version that TF did cut out lot of pretty graphics details/effect from oryginal Clod release to boost fps and make game more playable at that time...

Heard from? Any source?

"I heard opposite version that TF did cut out lot of pretty graphics details/effect from oryginal Clod release to boost fps and make game more playable at that time..."

Team Fusion (Simulations) didn't remove any pretty graphics details but certainly fixed, enhanced and improved many.

I guess one feature that will be quoted is the icing inside the cockpit which was linked to the engine icing when you flew through a cloud....Which stopped the engine(s). Visually, yes the icing was removed but so was the fact that flying through a cloud would stop your engine!

In regards to other pretty features? We have certainly stripped back problematic areas and enhanced them. Speaking from memory (so forgive me not being precise) an example was of the particle effects in Smoke. Any players who flew the original "Vanilla" version would have their game turn to a slideshow when they set fire to an engine on an attacked aircraft and flew into the smoke produced. Looking through some of the effects files we saw that particle limits were set very high. We reduced this by around 85% of its original values. The result is visually no significant difference, performance wise a vast change. That is just one single feature we have worked (and continue to improve) on.

Enhancing, improving and creating is all in the process of being done by us. Cheers, MP

post-321-0-89213100-1483555963_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 6

Thanks MP for keeping CLoD going.  I purchased when it first came out and tried to DL all the patches but wasn't able to get 4.0 to DL even after disabling AV.  Would you ever offer an easy self installer to bring CLoD up to date with all the current patches?  

Thanks!

Thanks MP for keeping CLoD going.  I purchased when it first came out and tried to DL all the patches but wasn't able to get 4.0 to DL even after disabling AV.  Would you ever offer an easy self installer to bring CLoD up to date with all the current patches?  

Tha

Its on its way! :-)

Yea real big diffrence compared to bos 1 click- in Clod you have to use 2 click to take off - fuel on and ignition switch ...

Like II./JG27_Rich said, bigger planes needs way more skill to start, not just 1 click.

Even if that's just 1 click more it's still better.

• Upvote 1

I'm really enjoying CloD lately. You guys did a great job making this playable and I really can't wait for the next patches :)

• Upvote 2

While the game runs significantly better now, I did like the original CLOD look better than the new one. colors were much better calibrated and the looks matched the time of day much better in the original release.

Can't blame Team Fusion for that. Ilya ruined the original natural look of the game trying to improve performance and trying to create the typical English haze. He tried to make a local atmospheric  condition, by changing the whole game engine....and ruined one of the best things the game had.

I hope TF doesn't "overcook" CloD - just because now they can change everything it's not necessary to actually change everything;)

For example, I feel that some visual "improvement" considering fire effects in the africa map are a bit too much. I sincerely hope they are not spoiled from Michael Bay movies... But for the most part they did a fantastic job in improving the game overall.

Does someone remember if the bullet tracers were altered by TF as well? They look so cool in comparison to any other sim.

Only the bullets themselve look kinda weird, like small pixels getting fired off.

If you visit ATAG site and TF section , you will see a humble group of modders in the beginning of something the can be great. I think there is no risk of over cooking anything. I think more it is a atmosphere of " so much work and so little time" 

And there is, they want perfection, and they want progress. And there is no time for both. I asked them what was going to happened with TF 5 and they honestly was not sure. But what I got to understand they will upload a fix and patch that manually can be installed in Steam, then they will add the automatically patch to steam. And all those kind of patches will automatically be added to steam. 

However the TF 5.0 as we waited for will most probably be sold as map + plane pack as we see here. Funny shit really, because this was really their most used criticism against BOS when released, and my discussion with them I was all for such financial solution, because I do not trust another way of financing.

I think it is far worse spending several hundreds of $ and then the company close because of no funding, than spending 60 $ a years for having a simulator going.

Anyway I had no hope for ww2 cfs a couple of years ago, now I do

• Upvote 1

Well done to Jason Williams, 1C, and Team Fusion! Hopefully the age of pointless interim warfare is over.

I gave up simming a long time ago in favour of cycling (plus my wife bought a shitty Mac which essentially ruined gaming for me), but just yesterday, after reading some WW2 aviation books recently I was wondering what the state of play was in sim world when lo and behold, I happen across this news!

So pleased that good sense has triumphed. Long may it reign, in the sim world if not the real one.

If I get a better PC capable of VR I might be back, but until then, god bless a united IL2 world and all who fly her!

Actually, a VR capable computer for me, or an easy to use Mission Builder. Then I'd be back in a Flash!

• Upvote 2

I'm glad to know you're well FSM.  I've reached the age where I begin to worry over the health of others when I don't see them for a while.    :acute:

For those who haven't seen it, this is an.overview of what we ha e achieved and what we are aiming to do for v5.00 ( but all is WiP and no guarantees yet )

https://youtu.be/HJ38SWP6KWo

Cheers, MP

Is there a place that lists what is WIP and what is available? I am not able to change seasons all I have is summer and the textures look like the older version.

Nevermind I got it. You either have to use FMB or download missions.

I have a couple of other questions though. Where are my screenshots? I have looked in every possible place and there are none. I can see that the game freezes for a moment when I take a screenshot so I know I took them just for some reason they don't show up anywhere.

Also, with '46 I can just copy and paste all of the game folders to wherever and then delete it from steam so I don't have to leave steam running when I play. Is this possible with CloD as well? 

I have a couple of other questions though. Where are my screenshots? I have looked in every possible place and there are none. I can see that the game freezes for a moment when I take a screenshot so I know I took them just for some reason they don't show up anywhere.

Also, with '46 I can just copy and paste all of the game folders to wherever and then delete it from steam so I don't have to leave steam running when I play. Is this possible with CloD as well? 

Its steamed Borys - i think you can find them under something like C/x86 progams/Steam/user data/biglongnumber/7....or something like that

This is crazy. I found one very old screenshot in there but none of the recent ones. God I hate steam.

[Edited]

Your first post in this forum?  Hmmm....you've basically joined this forum in an attempt to troll the efforts of Team Fusion.

Thanks for the link to the wacky world of small pond dwellers :salute:  

Edited by Bearcat

[Edited]

Troll bad. Please don't act like one. 

Edited by Bearcat

First post must be some place. This is correkt forum for Cliffs of Dover? Troll bad, not troll. Love il2 and CoD.

Hey Longbow, you'll probably have better luck finding relevant information at Air Tactical Assault Group's forums.

There is an issue with the default key, so bind any other key to the screenshot capture and they will then appear in the default folder.

Alternatively hit F12 which is the default screen capture button for Steam and (off the top of my head) the Steam screenshots appear in C:/Programming Files(x86)/Steam/userdata/(your Steam name/id here)/760/remote/0/screenshots

7 weeks for announcement. No new informations? Maby this post http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7610&start=30#p99316 is correkt position??

More frequent updates and news on our Facebook page:

https://facebook.com/teamfusionmod/

But just for you Longbow:

post-321-0-64148700-1486572266_thumb.jpg

:)

(You saw it here first :) )

Thank you for the info, MP! And thanks for the pic, I love the earlier P-40s!

MP can you post content here so we don't have to join the evil empire known as Facebook.

Smink I will post it on here too (in a new thread in the CloD General Discussion area).

Cheers, MP

Smink I will post it on here too (in a new thread in the CloD General Discussion area).

Cheers, MP

Thanks!

Facebook is a good thing once you have sorted out what historical groups worth following. Learned a lot by them, but many are down right Nazi or coloured in other political bullshit. 

Can't Wait to see Cliffs of Dover to be in 5.0 Version, it would bring alot of the steam community back

Does that mean that Cliffs of Dover will be sold through steam again?

It is beeing sold on steam? What do you mean

It is beeing sold on steam? What do you mean

Team Fusion is applying future updates directly through the steam client instead of just hosting on their website. They got the authorization to do so by 777.

Ha ha Ghost, corrected it was :)

Lets not go to far ahead, They have not been given the codes yet, formalities are not yet finished. The fixes they already done will be done with the proper tools. They got a ton of work to do. If any coders and 3D artist find time to help I am sure you get a spot right away. 5.0 Will not be as we was promised as I understand it. The map and planes will be sold like we do here, and the fixes are for free. 

This will be a quality leap not seen before I am sure