Jason_Williams

Discussion about 1CGS - TF CLOD Cooperation Announcement

Some of the negativity in this thread just needs to stop .. really...

Don't mind the chaff, it will always be there, sadly.

No use on wasting energy on negativity. No doubt most of you know energy is precious in the fight. :)

I will wager that all parties have for some time recognized this is the way forward, but their hands were tied, not emotionally, intentionally, or by any allegiance of sorts, but by a legal framework for the most part.

Folks need to leave that all behind and support this initiative which includes everyone's interests. I'm with you Bearcat, bring it!!!!

• Upvote 1

Don't mind the chaff, it will always be there, sadly.

No use on wasting energy on negativity. No doubt most of you know energy is precious in the fight. :)

I will wager that all parties have for some time recognized this is the way forward, but their hands were tied, not emotionally, intentionally, or by any allegiance of sorts, but by a legal framework for the most part.

Folks need to leave that all behind and support this initiative which includes everyone's interests. I'm with you Bearcat, bring it!!!!

Same here, bring it!!!.  I've been around a long time, as has some others, and this has been one of the great bits of new for CFS WWII, if not the best.  I am really looking forward to 2017 and I hope further into the future. :)

Fantastic news, so...first thing first restore the original name: Storm of War: Battle of Britain

I think that would be a good idea. With the new il2 covering the eastern front I doubt TF will go there. I think clod is more western oriented anyway and people would be a lot less confused than if we keep two versions of Il2 going.

Yes. A none Steam version would be great! Would re buy it immediately.

+1 for a non steam version!

I think what this whole situation allows, is for players to be able to join and enjoy any number of historical battle areas in the full knowledge that we have dedicated teams supporting and adding to the sim for our enjoyment.  I for one have enjoyed all aspects of the IL2 series and will always be willing to show my support by purchasing what ever is on offer.  I sincerely hope that this is the start of something special for the sim community and thank all those who have been involved in bring us this far and I look forward to the future.

Regards

Haza (Phil)

For those who haven't seen it, this is an.overview of what we ha e achieved and what we are aiming to do for v5.00 ( but all is WiP and no guarantees yet 

Cheers, MP

I'm still very disappointed at seeing the Luftwaffe schnapps store in the desert go up in flames at then end of the scandalous record of events. ;)

Thats just not cricket fella's

• Upvote 1

For those who haven't seen it, this is an.overview of what we ha e achieved and what we are aiming to do for v5.00 ( but all is WiP and no guarantees yet )

https://youtu.be/HJ38SWP6KWo

Cheers, MP

Holy sh!t! That is a massive improvement! I really hope it will be possible to share some technologies between the games.

I have the cheapo steam version already but will we be able to buy it directly from the company store? I would buy it again just to support the development and because I hate using steam.

YES, WE WAIT SO MUCH FOR CLOD... CLOD DESERVE A NEW CHANCE, NEW BLOOD, IS A HUGE WORK AND CAN NOT BE LOST, DESERVE A HOPE!  BIG THANK YOU FOR ALL ENVOLVED!

DL CLoD from steam but game will not load when I click on play. I'm using windows 10. Anyone else experiencing this issue ?

The CLOD debacle has already hurt sales due mainly to those that boycotted our product because of politics, rumors, arguments, unlocks and other crap including us not giving TF the source code earlier. And we already compete with ROF, 1946, DCS, WT, FSX, P3D and several others. The only way to grab new customers is to:

1. Erase the bullshit political divide that plagues this community and genre.

2. Make a better product.

We're doing both and forcing players into one path has already proven to be not good for any hardcore sim product. You don't see the things I see.

Jason

Many of us do see what you see and agree with you. Bravo to you, TF and 1CGS. o7

As promised, got it all. Not gonna lie, BoX is not for me, for various reasons.

But whatever helps BoX also helps CloD.

S!

Same for me. Bought my copy BoM (own BoS+Fw190 already) yesterday as a xmas gift in return for that outstanding 1C&TS-Simulations Deal so to say :-)

The achievements are fantastic.

The only thing I think is missing is the Do17z cockpit. This plane is always left out of the BOB sims.

Yet it was the most important bomber in the early part of the battle.

It is good that we have an AI version, but it would be much better to have a flyable one at last.  

So I've fired up clod again just to check out the TF patches. I don't think I gave this guy enough credit before. Playing this clod now is pretty badass. There are several things actually done more realistic than BoX. I love the detailed damage models and realistic light reflections on aircraft skin. Cockpit textures look like higher resolution as well. It makes me sad now for the original BoM in the clod engine that was abandoned. I hope BoX can implement some of these features now with DX11.

I'm so glad you tried the patches BorysVorobyov. You bump into people once and while like yourself who haven't done so and are suggesting to others "Don't buy Cliffs of Dover". The Team Fusion patches make so much difference, it's like a completely different sim and done over with the source code I imagine it will be all the more improved

Edited by II./JG27_Rich

Some nay sayers below. Good job Jason. Thank you!

The TF guys have real jobs. They probably can't afford the pay cut they'd have to take to work on flight sims full time.

There is absolutely no chance that it's going to happen.

They can do that now.  They apply for a job with 1CGS and take a big cut in pay if they get hired.  That seems unlikely.  It also seems unlikely that 1CGS is going to turn over it's code to a bunch of hackers.  

So feel free to have dreams about something that is never going to happen, but don't expect people to look at your hopes and dreams thread and pretend that it's a serious idea.

I trust 1CGS's judgment on things like this entirely more than anything like this ridiculous idea.

Edited by Fern

Some nay sayers below. Good job Jason. Thank you!

As near as I can tell, absolutely no one expected this to happen. In any case, I still haven't loaded CloD onto my computer. Hopefully they can make the game commercially viable, but I'm not expecting much (except excuses for why it's taking 2 years for an update).

My only gripe so far is what happened to the water? It used to have those awesome wave crests and white bubble swirls and such. Now it is just kind of plain like the water in '46.

This is outstanding news for the flight sim community! Now 1c/Team Fusion can tackle multiple fronts with two different product lines. Great news!

My only gripe so far is what happened to the water? It used to have those awesome wave crests and white bubble swirls and such. Now it is just kind of plain like the water in '46.

All depends what the weather is like

As near as I can tell, absolutely no one expected this to happen. In any case, I still haven't loaded CloD onto my computer. Hopefully they can make the game commercially viable, but I'm not expecting much (except excuses for why it's taking 2 years for an update).

You answered that for yourself, I think you are talking very laud about things you do not comprehend. Making a cockpit for any simulator is time consuming , making it for COD and DCS is a bit more tedious and demand a lot of coding. 

I never expected them to get this far myself, but I think this will boost their production, it has now become "theres" and that always make things easier

You answered that for yourself, I think you are talking very laud about things you do not comprehend

I was a programmer for 28 years before I recently retired, so I suspect I comprehend the situation a good deal better than do you.

OK guys.. knock it off..  Look .....  in your own minds you can put this wherever you need to .. but there is no doubt whatsoever in any sane reasonable minded person that this is a good thing for the genre..  so stop pissing in the beer and either be happy about it or shut up..  This is a win win for all of us.. that is not just my opinion .. it is a fact..  Given the work that TF did with CoD without the source code there is no where but up that this can go with not only the source code but the blessing of the competition ...  It is something that I never saw coming at all.. and a removal of the one thing that I have always thought was the primary stumbling block to TF's work really taking off. The fact that this is a deal that can not only keep CoD afloat but actually add to the coffers of 1CGS is also a huge win win..  It will place two of the top 3 WWII CFSs (given the imminent release of the DCS WWII stuff) firmly in the sphere of 1CGS's influence.. If you don't like that then get over it. 

It may sound like tyranny or whatever you want to call it but if you have nothing positive top say then say nothing.

Please... 

but there is no doubt whatsoever in any sane reasonable minded person that this is a good thing for the genre..

I'm sane, reasonable, and I have doubts. There are valid reasons why hardly anyone develops flight sims any more, and this announcement has not made those reasons go away.

You do not comprehend, these people got source code and they work for free. You are not making sense

Read the announcement again. They're not working for free any more.

I understand that English isn't your first language, but telling someone who speaks and understands the language fluently that he does not comprehend is maybe not the direction you want to go.

They're not working for free any more.

They do not take payed for their work, they do take pay for the games sold. But those having the game already get the new patched for free

They do not take payed for their work, they do take pay for the games sold. But those having the game already get the new patched for free

If they're taking money for games sold, then they're getting paid. Period.

I honestly do not see what your getting at, If you take payed pr hour work , you must sell copies or you go bankrupt , If you take money for copies sold you wont get bankrupt. 

I see absolutely no sense in your point, TF simulations are still working without salary. The money will go for website and investment for progress.

I think any talk of what has been up to very recently a set of volunteer enthusiasts working without any official support or the required codes, making excuses is harsh to say the least. Its clear in the statement from Mystic Puma that TF are well aware that, with this announcement, the stakes have been upped and that they are no longer seen as anything but a legitimate developer now-with all the pressures and expectations that it brings. And thats irrespective of any financial agreements.

So we wait, we watch and we support - there is really no other alternative nor, at this point in time, any reason to do otherwise. 

One more thing to add - TF have a track record of sticking to stuff and doing it well. I know that doesn't suit all and i know they have their detractors but as one who has enjoyed the efforts to date, im personally delighted about all this. 

• Upvote 1

the stakes have been upped

Exactly, the stakes are much higher now. And the things that forced almost all other developers out of the flight sim market now apply to them. I have no idea why people have so much confidence that they're not going to fail.

The money will go for website and investment for progress.

Don't forget 1C. They'll be getting money too. And if I'm a programmer on that team, I'm going to want money if 1C is getting money.

Exactly, the stakes are much higher now. And the things that forced almost all other developers out of the flight sim market now apply to them. I have no idea why people have so much confidence that they're not going to fail.

Because they have a track record at sticking to stuff. Because for the foreseeable future they will not be reliant on the company for a salary. Because to TF CLOD isnt just a development program its something they are passionate about. Because I want them to succeed. Because, in a world thats going to hell in a handcart, its just nice to have confidence in someone. 

• Upvote 2

I have no idea why people have so much confidence that they're not going to fail.

We kid around a lot with Luftwhiners and people throwing tantrums but this has to be in the top five of the most douchebag statements I've ever read on here.

• Upvote 7

We kid around a lot with Luftwhiners and people throwing tantrums but this has to be in the top five of the most douchebag statements I've ever read on here.

Lol. One of the people running this project has posted stuff that is thousands of times douchier than anything I have ever posted. Despite what you think, I'm looking forward to this. I'm just not delusional about it's odds of succeeding.