Jason_Williams

Discussion about 1CGS - TF CLOD Cooperation Announcement

Fantastic news...this kind of collaboration can deliver only good results...

So many thanks for your effort to make true our desires..

Firstly, wow. This is great news....

For those decenters amongst the people posting here, I wonder if they have kept up with TF's development of IL2:CloD? I suspect not and are making their negative assessments based on their historic impression of IL2:CloD as is currently distributed by Steam.

For those of us who have kept up with TF's patches, IL2:CloD has become an excellent playable game with really very large air battles taking place every day. IL2:CloD is alive and well and fighting the Battle of Britain 24/7.... Here I wish to champion the SoW Team that run the SoW server. They have put together an outstanding server that really gives the player the immersion of the Battle of Britain. (Actually, this Fri is the last day of the current campaign for the SoW server, however their are other great servers to play on). Particularly, as some enterprising players have distributed to a nominated few the 3D Ground Control software that runs along side the game server reading the data and then "plotting" the incoming raids in the form of a Fighter Command operations room. I have acted as a controller and can say that to have 40+ players on your side in 6 to 8 squadrons all following your guidance to intercept the incoming raids is not only exciting but humbling and hugely immersive. Those players follow the Ground Controllers direction as they too realise how effective they can be when properly coordinated and find the contribution of real human "Fighter Command" hugely immersive as well.

IL2:BoSMK has none of that. Players rarely talk outside of their own Squadron Channels to cooperate with other squadrons and it seems the main area of complaint in the TAW server is lack of coordination by the Axis to achieve the strategic aim although outnumbering the Allied in registered player count. IL2:BoSMK is not a patch on IL2:CloD for that overall command capability....

Don't get me wrong, I play way more IL2:BoSMK than IL2:CloD mainly as my Squadron prefers it, but love IL2:CloD too.

Show me a Pre-Order thread for IL2:BoNA and you'll have my money TODAY....

All in all, this is excellent news for WWII Flight Simmers, wherever you sit in the realism line.

Want detailled aircraft - DCS, X-Plane,

Want beautiful graphics and a good fight - IL2:BoSMK

Want good graphics, huge air battles (20+ raid with 4 Squadron of 6 planes each working together) with very representative aircraft performance and Command coordination - IL2:CloD

Want to fly almost any plane almost anywhere in the world - IL2:1946

Want a point and shoot - WT Arcade

Want point and shoot in 3D - FB

Want it ALL - me..... Then I can choose......

Don't moan, just choose.....

It's all good and anything that creates a buzz and excitement in the fledgling CFS catagory is a great thing. Mergers create synergy, economies, sharing of ideas, technology, etc, etc, etc.

This is great news. I play both CLOD and BOS/M and enjoy them both. I've brought in quite a few new players to both too.

I couldn't believe it when my friend told me about this news. I had to read Jasons post myself.

I agree with what he says. Goodwill and collaboration is a better option than stubbornness and bitter rivalry. Congrats to everyone involved.

As long as the theatres and plane sets are different then both series will have something to offer and both have different strengths and weaknesses.  

I think anyone with an open mind and a love of combat flight sims would fly both and be richer for it.

Merry Christmas

Well this is unexpected and brilliant!

I wrote this all off with going to the pacific, was done with it.

Now though, that 1C/777 are supporting theaters im interested in well, I'm all in.

I'll buy everything you ever make just as support for this.

Edit: Not that I'll actually fly the pacific theatre-dreadfully boring stuff-but I'll buy it since you gave TF what they need to keep making the wonderful product I so love.

Edited by 5./JG26_Dots

This is bad business for 1CGS. Giving consumers a reason to stick with CLOD and not to move to the new sim is going to hurt sales, not help.

CLOD was the red-headed stepchild, and I still think it's a mistake to elevate them to peer status. Should have let it die in ignominy.

And what point exactly are you getting at? Why should a game with more active players than  BOS simply die? Why are you in this section? 

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte

Wow! Fantastic news! A new golden age is upon this hobby. Thank you guys for everything you do!

And what point exactly are you getting at? Why should a game with more active players than  BOS simply die? Why are you in this section?

I was linked here from an announcement thread and voiced my opinion like everyone else. Can I help you?

Now, if you only reached agreement with your 777 selves on future commercial development of Rise of Flight :salute: ...

And allowing Daidalos Team to access source code for Il2 1946 if it's not already done...

For those giving me kudos, thanks. However, I am not the one making final decisions on this topic so much credit goes to them. I have indeed had a role to play putting it together and I'm happy for that, but I cannot take all credit. Also, I am not a producer for TF now. I still work for 1C-777 only.

My overriding belief is that for the genre to re-bound we need multiple products being made with as much content as possible and each one offering something slightly different driving innovation. As I have said many times, if everyone who bought the original IL-2, bought our product, we'd have enough money to make everything you want. That's not reality though so we need to think outside the box.

And there is no practical way to merge the two engines and teams, so the best answer to the allow each team to pursue their vision and look at the results. The deal that was put together is about as win-win as can be expected.

Jason

Good!

Particularly, as some enterprising players have distributed to a nominated few the 3D Ground Control software that runs along side the game server reading the data and then "plotting" the incoming raids in the form of a Fighter Command operations room. I have acted as a controller and can say that to have 40+ players on your side in 6 to 8 squadrons all following your guidance to intercept the incoming raids is not only exciting but humbling and hugely immersive. Those players follow the Ground Controllers direction as they too realise how effective they can be when properly coordinated and find the contribution of real human "Fighter Command" hugely immersive .

Glad you like it. GCV was written by my squadron member 615 Donkey, and is used on every ACG mission. Feel free to drop by and say hello :)

Also, Bo(X) is supposed to get a marshal mode, which may be similar.

Awesome news!! Really like this move! Will def buy kuban now!!!!

Awesome news!! Really like this move! Will def buy kuban now!!!!

I really hope 1C does not apply their stupid polices, stupid FM/DM of BoS series, stupid optimizations to Cliffs of Dover... CoD is one of my last hope. If they destory it again, I never buy any 1C product again...

The destroyer of CoD fanchiese was 1C in the first place. They demand release it does not complete and it was totally destroyed. Team Fusion have to remember it and I hope they find right way to revive CoD.

If they don't apply it, it is wonderful new ever I heard in recent days!

2. This forum is provided by 1C-777 Ltd. as a courtesy and its usage is a privilege and 1C-777 Ltd. reserves the right to ban any member temporarily or permanently for any reason at any time. Any penalties listed below for violations of the rules are guidelines only and forum administration may take additional action if they feel it is warranted. Use of the forum is not connected to usage of the game and access to this forum is not guaranteed to users as a consequence of purchasing the game.

7. Comments containing profanity, personal insults, accusations of cheating, excessive rudeness, vulgarity, drug propaganda, political and religious discussion and propaganda, all manifestations of Nazism and racist statements, calls to overthrow governments by force, inciting ethnic hatred, humiliation of persons of a particular gender, sexual orientation or religion are not allowed and will result in a ban.

7 days of the ban on entry
Edited by BlackSix

I bought CLOD but never ended up flying it. Now that it's getting commercial backing that could change, especially with a North Africa installment.

The BOS series will still be #1 for me though. All up an awesome decision and provides another surge of momentum towards "The Golden Age".

And 16 months to make it all work Jason? Wait until VR support hits; even my 84 year old father might become a flight simmer after he gets the chance to fly his old favorite the Spitfire in the h*ly cr*p immersion of VR. :-)

Most

I really hope 1C does not apply their stupid polices, stupid FM/DM of BoS series, stupid optimizations to Cliffs of Dover... CoD is one of my last hope. If they destory it again, I never buy any 1C product again...

The destroyer of CoD fanchiese was 1C in the first place. They demand release it does not complete and it was totally destroyed. Team Fusion have to remember it and I hope they find right way to revive CoD.

So you really did get a head transplant from a canine?

• Upvote 1

Hello All

I am a little late to this topic, being a little busy with my own side of things.  :)

That being said, I do have a unique perspective on this event, being the guy sitting on the other side of the table from Jason.

First of all, I will say Jason is being modest both for himself and 1C.  They do deserve the credit for initiating this process, and having the foresight to understand this was the right time.

A lot of people do not understand that 1C's hands were to a certain extent, tied before this point.  Up until the middle of this year, UBISOFT held distribution rights, and any attempt to do a deal such as it appears we have would have been far more complex.

1C acted when they could, and they should be congratulated for that fact.

Here's another thing from those who want to criticize this deal as an unnecessary diversion away from further development of the BoS game engine:

1C is not investing any money in TF... we are an independent... we have to stand or fall on our own two feet.  What 1C gains is revenue from the new products TF releases... and they can take that new revenue and re-invest it in BoS to make that series better.  Alternately they could re-invest the revenues in a new generation engine which could blow both BoS and CoD out of the water.

I'm not sure what any BoS fan would have to dislike about that?   Is that not thinking towards the future?

Of course, I am happy as a member of TF to have a chance to work with the Source Code, who wouldn't be?  But there are lots of advantages for 1C in the deal... otherwise they would not make it.

It's a smart deal all round.  And Flight Simmers have the benefit of being able to enjoy two sims from the same company.  ;)

Edited by Buzzsaw
  • Upvote 17

Cool news!

Maybe is it right (and logical) time moment to give same access to ROF-enthusiasts to develop ROF further when the deleveloper team doen't have time and resources for it? :)

I think this is great news and wise decisions from all parties.

Both BoX and CloD users will benefit.

The Devs will gain extra funding required to develope BoX.

CloD users will benefit from TF having access to the source code.

Good times to come.

Happy flying all.

Merry Christmas!

• Upvote 1

Salute 1C!!!!

This is great,  for the love of combat flight sims!!!

spud :drinks:  :drinks:

And allowing Daidalos Team to access source code for Il2 1946 if it's not already done...

It is done, but TD, actively changes their SFS in order to prevent other modders to change or improve the game. They are very few left and probably will not release another patch

Can I help you?

Yes I seriously cannot understand your motivation for killing a game so many devoted people enjoy, The devotion shown and the fact that so many take part in events in that game shows something BOS simply do not have, a community working together. 

I have a serious problem with people wanting to stop fun they themselves do not take part in. In Norway we have a name for such conduct, but I would be banned if I express it

Buzzsaw, thanks for the clarifications.   It sounds like a reasonable, fair deal was struck and it's now up to the consumers/enthusiasts/fans to support the few companies trying to keep our tiny genre moving forward.

Salute!

I have a serious problem with people wanting to stop fun they themselves do not take part in.

Same for me LuseKofte, 

I say long live to IL2 CLOD,

Although I do NOT like this sim at all (I bought it and tried it patched), I am not selfish , and this news is what can best happens to this sim.

I just hope MORE and MORE people buy IL BOX, because, really I would love to see one day a Battle of Britain and a Mediterranean Front, like many like here.

This sim is so well made, so revolutionary and many ways, and the IL2 team is very talented. :gamer:

It deserves much more Theater of War to be covered.

Some people play IL2 CLOD because they love the battle of Britain: 109 Vs Spit.

Now what if IL2 BOX release a BOB theater or/and Med Theater? 

I give my full support to IL2, I bought for hundreds of dollars, and I am not rich at all (I have almost no revenues) I wish I could do much more!

Anyway , sorry for being a little bit off topic and long live Il2 Clod :good:

Edited by Nil

In the light of these proceedings I understand why the Med was not an option for IL2:Bo series. And the move to the Pacific makes even more sense to me now. 

This is great news. With a proper (and simple) patch processus via steam ... I think I will give it a try again ....

With a dx11 upgraded engine ... And North Afrika... I would do much more than give it a try !

I agree with some people , who says you are used to the sensation of flying you have in BOX and ROF it is hard to fly anywhere else....

But damn .. North Afrika ... Beaudighter hunting ships... Hurricane IIc operating from deep desert... Count me in !

We are stronger all together, if revenue from all products goes to the same editor... Making our future brighter with more planes, theaters and more coming.

S !

There really is a Santa Claus and his name is.... Jason Williams!

What a great move. UBISOFT kept the source code out of Team Fusion's hands, but now that Jason stepped in COD development can finally continue without being hobbled. 1C will get some extra revenue and COD will get DX11.

Great deal for all parties. And a wonderful tribute to the guy who made the Russian Rennaissance of combat flight sims happen, Oleg Maddox. Without him none of us would be here.

Also very good news that the development of both sims will continue on parallel tracks. It would be too much hazzle and take too much effort to try to combine the sims. They are technically very different and that is how it should continue to be. More choice for simheads.

This is also a huge kudos to the perseverance and enthusiasm of TF. What a fantastic result of all that time keeping COD alive and thriving.

• Upvote 1

Great news guys, especially to those who have strived tirelessly to keep Cliffs of Dover alive and kicking, that work now has the official recognition it deserves from the parent company, the future looks good.  :cool:

Having both these games and their teams together under the same roof and working to the same outcome, much more variety for the community, has got to be the best news we have had in years. :salute:

Please 1C and TF make a none Steam version available here even if that means a separate account, that will really be worth buying into.  ;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.  :biggrin:

I wish that source code of Rise of Flight would have been released to someones who could do something similar as TF team is doing for Clod.

I hope Jason is reading your posting.

the complete source code would be dangerous for BoX, but to polish the carreer mode to a level like Woff, and possibility to implementate AI planes like the MF40/Be2/AlbatrosC, would be a nice start to dust off this Rof game.

• Upvote 1

In the light of these proceedings I understand why the Med was not an option for IL2:Bo series. And the move to the Pacific makes even more sense to me now. 

In my opinion there was so many things happening in med /Africa/ Italy I see no harm at all for both sim operate in that area. The overwhelming amount of work making new aircraft and cockpits in COD for a handful Modders really prevent them from developing to late war scenario. The models they got suit fine for Crete, Africa and Malta early war. But it ends there.

+1 for a non steam version

I think this will not happened it will bring TF into a business they are not in any position to handle. I see a huge potential if there was to be money in it, but this will most probably be a idealist runner company, witch open up for people with interest in coding and 3D work to make something many people appreciate.

And the earlier suggestion about letting modders take over ROF is intact a great way to keep a old game alive. If I had time I would have flown much more ROF, it is simply excellent, same goes for COD.

COD is best when you can fly 2 hours with friends or in a squad. It need a great deal more planning and clear mind to do. BOS is just so much easier to jump into a server and just fly.