Jason_Williams

Discussion about 1CGS - TF CLOD Cooperation Announcement

This is really good news!

I love Cliff's, and it's sure to be in good hands with T F. Talk about keeping the dream alive!

Looking forward to everything TF do.

S!

• Upvote 1

Excellent news!

It will be great to see CoD meet its full potential.

It will also be great to have an excellent Mediterranean theater developed in parallel with what is happening in the east and soon the pacific with 1C, instead of years later.

I also think that the outstanding work of team fusion so far coupled with the expertise seen with 1C/777 in developing BoX will result in a superb sim to complement BoX by fully fleshing out BoB and the Mediterranean. This will allow for more comprehensive coverage of all of WWII sooner.

I feel this is outstanding news for the entire combat flight sim community

Edited by BMW801

I'm stunned. This is almost unbelievable. What fantastic news! I can honestly say this is the best outcome we as fans could have hoped for. The vision of Team Fusion with access to the source code AND support from the 1C team!? Just wow.

• Upvote 2

Merry Christmas to us all.

Thanks to 1C Game Studios for agreeing to it.

Thanks to Team Fusion for all the work you have done so far. I think this shows a trust in you and your work.

I am looking forward to buy your product  :salute:

• Upvote 1

Great news!

A new independant company in flight sims: TF Simulations! Keep up the good work!

S!

Could flight sim community get any better present for holidays than this!  :salute: This is awesome! Great news indeed! Big salute to all the involved, let the good times roll :biggrin:

Perhaps there could be some co-operation in mutually interesting areas such as AI and campaign engine development? The iCoD AI had some interesting ideas (although I'm not entirely sure about the actual execution of said ideas), mostly in the way they separated things like aggression, tactical awareness and flying skills from each other so that you could have more variety instead of just a few generic skill levels for AI pilots. At least that's something I'd love to see in Il-2 as well.

This is some fantastic news for the Il2 CoD! I never ever thought this day would eventually come..

What the f... WHAT??????

16560175.gif

Another beautifull Xmass gift for me!   :biggrin:

Edited by I./JG1_Baron
  • Upvote 2

Best news of 2016 right there!!    I had pretty much retired from CloD permanently, but now with a DirectX 11 engine (and therefore possibility of VR), I can  wait to skim the Channel waters again!  :D

Congratulations to both teams!!

Crikey! Most unexpected. Well done to all concerned - cracking news! :salute:

Haven't got my (relatively) new HOTAS mapped for CloD yet... this might just be time to do it.

Cheers.

Still no buy option there. 

Says 9,99€ for me....

Anyway, bought it when it was on sale really cheap "long" time ago,

regretted my purchase until I installed Team Fusion updates,

spent more time in it, (I still suck at it) and now I would probably

buy it for full price(lol) and will no doubt buy everything in future releases.

2017 will be glorious in many ways. :)

HO    LY   ****

I did not see this coming.

In view of this, I wonder if the negotiations were ongoing in the decision period for the "after Kuban" installment.

It surprised me in these days that Jason stated he did not want to go to the medTO just because TF was bringing CloD there.

They must have been aware of this, or the spark lit there and then.

Whatever the case; For TF to get the source code is fantastic news. These guys deserve this after all their work and now they really can make this shine.

All in all: It's good to be a simmer these days.

• Upvote 1

[Edited] awesome!

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
lenguage

Brexit,Trump and now CLOD source code to Team Fusion, who'd bet on anything this year

• Upvote 2

Brexit,Trump and now CLOD source code to Team Fusion, who'd bet on anything this year

Yes, I wanted to contribute to this awesome year full of "impossible" feats in my own way.

Jason

• Upvote 15

While it's awesome that 1CGS is legitimizing the incalculable amount of work that team fusion has put into making cliffs of dover a viable sim I'm not sure putting any more work into clod and that game engine is the smartest move.

If 1CGS is is willing to go this far, why not go all the way and bring team fusion on as a sponsored parallel studio to develop different theaters / scenarios / content for the BoS engine? Similar to what DCS does with their third party developers.

Everyone would win in that scenario:

-Team fusion has the opportunity to make money for their hard work

-We would likely get twice the content over the same period of time

-The already thin and divided player base would be consolidated onto one platform.

Probably would never happen, but I can dream though, right?

Edited by [TWB]dillon_biz
  • Upvote 8

I hope they can share some of the models, like the P40 and Mc202.

Great news and will be really interesting for the CLOD online campaigns (SOW), which is fantastic as some in here know.

This is the best Christmas present any Combat Flight Sim enthusiast could ask for!!!

The Team Fusion guys have kept Cliffs of Dover going and made it into the brilliant sim it is. Everyone should thank them for the time and effort they have given to CloD and for 'keeping the dream alive'.

Bravo TF and very well done. Thank you 1C games for BoS/BoM/BoK and for having the foresight to go in this direction.

~S~  :yahoo:

Edited by Vampire168ARH

Jason Williams you have taken part in the most important and positive development cfs community ever seen and probably ever will see, this truly brings tears in my eye. I really hope now the community can join together

• Upvote 1

If 1CGS is is willing to go this far, why not go all the way and bring team fusion on as a sponsored parallel studio to develop different theaters / scenarios / content for the BoS engine? Similar to what DCS does with their third party developers.

-The already thin and divided player base would be consolidated onto one platform.

I think this may be a great idea. Having Team Fusion creating IL-2 expansions using BoS engine, and also adding their own touch (like keeping click cockpits for example). While 1CGS creates Pacific scenarios Team Fusion does some Western Front ones :)  everybody wins o7

Edited by SuperEtendard
  • Upvote 1

While it's awesome that 1CGS is legitimizing the incalculable amount of work that team fusion has put into making cliffs of dover a viable sim I'm not sure putting any more work into clod and that game engine is the smartest move.

What are you on about, the active players in cod are steady as high as we see here in bos on its 6th year. as events goes it is a clear winner, we have 2 events going and they do not manage to get more than 40 players at best, while acg and sow events bring 100 players + each. 

Smart move you say, ignore any game you do not like and support those you do like

Still no buy option there. 

You should probably message steam support.

Otherwise, the other option would be to get someone you trust to gift it to you, then you can paypal the ballance for them.

Ok thats good for CLOD guys, but will it prevent to have RAF and BoB in il2 Sturmovik?

Probably , but that is only what I think. BOX never aimed to get there in the first place, getting to pacific is more than we ever could wish for. I think medeterainian , balkan still got a chance.

But if we do not get BOB it would have been for the same reasons as before this happened. Flying BOB I would have chosen cod any day of the week anyway

What are you on about, the active players in cod are steady as high as we see here in bos on its 6th year. as events goes it is a clear winner, we have 2 events going and they do not manage to get more than 40 players at best, while acg and sow events bring 100 players + each. 

Smart move you say, ignore any game you do not like and support those you do like

It's still a small and divided player base compared to other genres.

Probably , but that is only what I think. BOX never aimed to get there in the first place, getting to pacific is more than we ever could wish for. I think medeterainian , balkan still got a chance.

But if we do not get BOB it would have been for the same reasons as before this happened. Flying BOB I would have chosen cod any day of the week anyway

My dream would be to have CloD converted to the newer BoS engine, but having the good things it already has (like the click pits) so we can have the entirety of the IL-2 playerbase in the same platform.

• Upvote 1

Wuhaa!! ClOD is officially back again!

So great  :) I hope the TF guys can keep up the Quality of CloD now they have access to the source code

I wonder though how will they marked both products on the same website. How do they differentiate both sims besides scenario? Its a bit hard maybe for new customers to get it why there are tow sims and which does what...

Alright don't get your Jimmies rustled there bud, take a step back and actually read into what I was saying.

The entire CFS player base is thin and divided. Not just BoS, not just Clod.

For the record I do enjoy Clod very much, but it's an old game with a dated engine. I just think as a community we should start to look at moving forward.

Then again, flight sim nerds (myself included) are very stubborn individuals so...