Jason_Williams

Discussion about 1CGS - TF CLOD Cooperation Announcement

MP, still on track to have all patches in one update on steam this month?

[Edited]

For me in the moment I am waiting for Pacific theater from Mr Williams.

At this point.. if you have nothing good to say..  say nothing. At least give this a chance before you start to tear it down. 

Edited by Bearcat

3 posts, 2 of them linking to well known forums who's operators have some different opinion about the development of the game and 1 denying you're trolling. Great record there Longbow. 

• Upvote 1

You not think they correkt opinions? Is it not correkt that ppl know all sides? Make up own disishun? What I win for be troll?

Knock it off.

Edited by Bearcat

The whole substance of the threads you are linking to are false and insulting to the people who run 1CGS and the group of volunteers who run Team Fusion.  Can you not see that?

What "sides" are there to see?  Make up own "disishun" on what exactly?  Are you so weak-headed or easily led that you believe these people?  If they told you that putting your head in the oven was a good thing, would you have to make your own "disishun?

Four posts now.  Do you own a copy of BoS?  Do you have any interest in this game because at the moment you seem to be here merely to foist upon us the deluded garbage from other idiots forums.

• Upvote 1

You have proofs not correkt? Or opinion?

Complaint of insults and call others idiots...They have best CoD servers, put lot of efforts into CoD.

No, i not own BoS. This is CoD forum, not BoS. Wait for Pacific theater.

You have proofs not correkt? Or opinion?

Complaint of insults and call others idiots...They have best CoD servers, put lot of efforts into CoD.

You do not seem to understand.  The allegations you bring here; that 1CGS and it's staff are involved in some conspiracy are against the rules of this forum.    This is the part of the 1CGS BoS forum where we can discuss the cooperation between Team Fusion and 1CGS - not allegations that are insulting to the devs from both these organisations.

You do not own BoS?  So you have specifically joined these forums to troll them - that's it.  The people you are linking to are putting a lot of effort into harming Team Fusion for rather pathetic personal reasons. 

You want my opinion?  [Edited]

Knock off the name calling.

Edited by Bearcat
  • Upvote 1

Maybe you should come back to visit us when the Pacific theater is realeased... or when you have something more to contribute than trolling with links to conspiracy nonsense.

• Upvote 2

Your first post in this forum?  Hmmm....you've basically joined this forum in an attempt to troll the efforts of Team Fusion.

Thanks for the link to the wacky world of small pond dwellers :salute:  

The post that last link went to is the guy who produced the 32 minute epic "The Beginning of the End", a movie with presently over 3/4 million views in 2.5 years.  You might have seen it.  The ACG forum is the home of (presently) over 190 active pilots, that is they are current and regularly fly, and many of whom are active Team Fusion members.  They also host the longest running continuous campaign of any organisation in COD, so far knocking on the door of 250 different missions and counting. They've written and shared bespoke RDF and mission viewer software which plugs into the COD API and a custom database to record the careers of pilot characters during campaign (modelled on the brilliant ROF offline).  Their YouTube channel which regularly publishes COD movies has well over 4000 subscribers. Of course this is just COD, they have a big presence in DCS too and run the most popular servers in it, and have many members who are flyers of BOS/BOM.

And you call them "pond dwellers". Wow.  Just because you don't agree with the opinion of some of the people posting in their very open, non-banning, forums.

What contribution have you made, to anything?  No, please don't answer.

Edited by Osprey
  • Upvote 1

The post that last link went to is the guy who produced the 32 minute epic "The Beginning of the End", a movie with presently over 3/4 million views in 2.5 years.  You might have seen it.  The ACG forum is the home of (presently) over 190 active pilots, that is they are current and regularly fly, and many of whom are active Team Fusion members.  They also host the longest running continuous campaign of any organisation in COD, so far knocking on the door of 250 different missions and counting. They've written and shared bespoke RDF and mission viewer software which plugs into the COD API and a custom database to record the careers of pilot characters during campaign (modelled on the brilliant ROF offline).  Their YouTube channel which regularly publishes COD movies has well over 4000 subscribers. Of course this is just COD, they have a big presence in DCS too and run the most popular servers in it, and have many members who are flyers of BOS/BOM.

And you call them "pond dwellers". Wow.  Just because you don't agree with the opinion of some of the people posting in their very open, non-banning, forums.

What contribution have you made, to anything?  No, please don't answer.

Oh, come on Osprey... ACG is your group, your are self promoting, you are inherently biased and you have a long history [edited], inside your own group or outside your own group (especially ATAG...), based on simple disagreements.

What contributions have you made? None, outside of starting a flight sim group that happens to be home to a few members who have done a lot more than yourself.

Just sayin'.

• Upvote 1

Let's get back on topic gents! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and can play whatever game they want.

I for one am not worried and any people who leave CloD right now because they aren't interested in it will come back.  

• Upvote 1

Oh look, its the Oswald Moseley of combat flight sims :)

No, I'm not accusing them of being amphibians.  I'm telling your acolyte that the very narrow,  delusional view of people who cling to and promote this nonsense has no place here. 

To the people posting on your "very open, non-banning, forums."  :salute:   [Edited]

Edited by Bearcat
  • Upvote 2

You not think they correkt opinions? Is it not correkt that ppl know all sides? Make up own disishun? What I win for be troll?

Your prize.

post-369-0-78956600-1487295897_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1./JG54_Uwe
  • Upvote 1

7. Comments containing profanity, personal insults, accusations of cheating, excessive rudeness, vulgarity, drug propaganda, political and religious discussion and propaganda, all manifestations of Nazism and racist statements, calls to overthrow governments by force, inciting ethnic hatred, humiliation of persons of a particular gender, sexual orientation or religion are not allowed and will result in a ban.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Per your quote, you literally asked for it.

Edit: The irony of someone using this forum to [Edited]-post about the partnership project between BoX and CoD, then attempting to use the forum user agreement to deflect the inevitable incoming flak, is rather astonishing.
Go to project message board-crap on project-project supporters rebuff s@$t posts-crapper attempts to invoke message board code of conduct to defend his assault on said project.
...seems a bit problematic.

Edited by Bearcat
Language
  • Upvote 1

No, i not own BoS. This is CoD forum, not BoS.

This is il2sturmovik.com forums, that include BoS, BoM, BoK and CloD (since the announcement). There is also a part of the forum for other sims like RoF and DCS.

You also did post a rule, I will recomend that you apply to them too, to me you may have broken that rule yourself. As well as others.

As usual, if you dont like certain member, use the ignore function of this forum. If someone break the rules, report it and we will take a look.

Other than that, keep it clean and on topic please.

Haash

Oh, come on Osprey... ACG is your group, your are self promoting, you are inherently biased and you have a long history [edited], inside your own group or outside your own group (especially ATAG...), based on simple disagreements.

What contributions have you made? None, outside of starting a flight sim group that happens to be home to a few members who have done a lot more than yourself.

Just sayin'.

I've not claimed credit for the work of others. I clearly referred to ACG as a third party, deliberately, in an effort to highlight that the people Arthur is knocking as 'pond life' actually have done rather a lot.  It's you that has linked me to ACG in this thread, before posting something that the mods see fit to edit off the forums, sorry I missed that important message. Ergo since I didn't make any link myself then you cannot accuse me of any narcissistic self promotion.  I rarely post here or visit these forums, a friend PM'd me about it,  I guess my point is that I don't think that I'm known in the 777 community very much at all.

Next up, Arthur goes on to indirectly call me a nazi, and then make an assumption that Longbow is an ACG member,

Oh look, its the Oswald Moseley of combat flight sims :)

No, I'm not accusing them of being amphibians.  I'm telling your acolyte that the very narrow,  delusional view of people who cling to and promote this nonsense has no place here. 

To the people posting on your "very open, non-banning, forums."  :salute:   They can say and do as they like but whatever idiocy they want to promote;  keep it there.   

It's pretty clear what kind of insult you threw it's only a shame that you have no desire to take it back, only to throw a bit more their way (or mine, I can't tell now).  Clever words you used though, I almost had to look some of them up.

Edited by Osprey

Eh, I just want to clarify something real quick.  :huh:

On the Storm of War server - Phil and reddog's wonderful effort - a bunch of friends and I did participate as a No504 squadron with the "Longbow" callsign. The dude here going as 504Longbow was - as far as we can tell - either only part of it for a short time or not at all and he certainly is not speaking for us here. We only came across him a good half hour ago and asked him who he was and going by the reply he does seem to know where the name is from and all that (he knows the real name of one of the pilots after all) but we're still guessing as to who it is.

I just want to have that out there just in case we ever go active again with that name, 's all.

Sorry for the off-topic but not saying anything would've bothered me to no end.

Exactly, the stakes are much higher now. And the things that forced almost all other developers out of the flight sim market now apply to them. I have no idea why people have so much confidence that they're not going to fail.

Don't forget 1C. They'll be getting money too. And if I'm a programmer on that team, I'm going to want money if 1C is getting money.

I could be wrong but I don't think that this will be strictly a volunteer modding team anymore.. I believe that something is in the works so that they can make some profit from this .. at least that is what I got from some of the statements in the announcement .. unless I am misreading it.. Having said that .. These guys have been doing this for how long now..? For free? WITHOUT the code. It is an obvious labor of love .. so I am thinking that any profit.. even a small one will be fine with them and their work will be much easier having the full tool box ... at least that is my take.. Time will tell .. but why worry about it.. The best thing for the genre is to have good sims coming out that engage virtual pilots ...  a three legged stool can be sturdy enough ...

• Upvote 2

but why worry about it..

I'm not worried about it.  I removed CoD from my PC a long time ago.  But the idea that they're just doing it for love and that won't change when someone else is getting money for their work is complete nonsense.  

But the idea that they're just doing it for love and that won't change when someone else is getting money for their work is complete nonsense.  

If you work in the CFS industry (whatever you do), considering the limitted profits and the high risks, you certainly have to love what you do..... or you do something else (which is easy considering the skills needed to work in).

I'm not worried about it. I removed CoD from my PC a long time ago. But the idea that they're just doing it for love and that won't change when someone else is getting money for their work is complete nonsense.

I doubt Jason and the 777 guys are doing this thinking they'll get rich.

The guys that do this stuff are like the working musicians that put thousands of dollars worth of gear into a van and drive 80 miles to a gig that pays 50$

The guys that do this stuff are like the working musicians that put thousands of dollars worth of gear into a van and drive 80 miles to a gig that pays 50$

What he said!

[edited]

7. Comments containing profanity, personal insults, accusations of cheating, excessive rudeness, vulgarity, drug propaganda, political and religious discussion and propaganda, all manifestations of Nazism and racist statements, calls to overthrow governments by force, inciting ethnic hatred, humiliation of persons of a particular gender, sexual orientation or religion are not allowed and will result in a ban.

Violations of this rule will result in the following:

First offense - 3 days ban on entry

You were warned yesterday by Bearcat.

Who did I insult? What language did I use? Utter utter bull and heavy handed mod bias. Fine. None as blind as they that will not see.

Edited by 504Longbow

I just cleaned up this topic.

Lot of off topic nonsense going on. Keep it on topic which is the announcement. Non all related post will be deleted.

Haash

TF have for years done this in their own time for passion of this genre. If they see a opportunity to earn money on the upcoming planes I say it is well deserved. They will not be rich on this deal, but they will be able to fix bugs and errors without banging their heads on a wall of code issues.

Most work they got now is work they will not get payed for, like making all their old fixes up to standard without go arounds that had to do without the source.

Then this must be made available for steam DL. 

In my book I think it is fair they add all the planes currently in building and all the fixes and sell the game as new . I would pay 200$ myself for that pack. Then they could start patching for free and sell us planes like DCS and BOS does.

If the product have a quality for being sold , it is only fair it should be sold. 

I'm not worried about it.  I removed CoD from my PC a long time ago.  But the idea that they're just doing it for love and that won't change when someone else is getting money for their work is complete nonsense.

Then why do you post in this thread?

Gentlemen please re read the initial announcement on the proposed legal venture between 1CGS and TF in this thread by Jason Williams. 

Some of you need to pay particular attention to the quoted portion below. 

Later in 2017, the first commercial add-on for Cliffs of Dover will be released. The add-on will be focused on the North Africa theater and will update the engine to DirectX 11 and include new airplanes, a new map and other content and improvements. There is a possibility that other theaters will be developed in the future pending the outcome of this first add-on.  More information about the North Africa add-on will be made public in the coming weeks.

The Cliffs of Dover product line will be distinct and separate from the IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad line produced by 1C Game Studios. Both game engines will be developed separately by each team with the announced IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Kuban development schedule unchanged and unaffected by this announcement.

Cliffs of Dover and its add-ons will be sold on the official IL-2 website (www.il2sturmovik.com) and through Steam. There are no current plans to incorporate Cliffs of Dover into the existing 1C Game Studios user account system. Players will continue to manage their Cliffs of Dover install through Steam just as it is done now.

For those saying that TF will be working for "free" .. based on this original post and subsequent ones that I suggest you find and reread yourself.. I do not think that that will be the case. I do not know for certain and I am not privy to any inside info... however given the fact that TF has done what they have managed to do with this sim with no pay.. in their spare time and without the code.. I can only surmise that if they receive the code they will be able to do more faster and knowing what I know about Jason I just cannot see this being a "We'll give you the code if you work for nothing so we can sell your work and make money.." If there was nothing in this for both parties all the legalities mentioned in this thread would be less meaningful. 

To those who are trying to drag whatever disputes, beefs, issues, grudges, old arguments etc etc .. concerning this sim from any previous incarnation .. to this forum.. If you continue to do so you will not be posting here at all..

This is a new thing.. this is a good thing. That is not just my opinion it is a fact.. If both Jason and TF are happy with this then we as simmers should have no issues whatsoever with it and we certainly have no vested interest in it .. not anything remotely resembling the time, sweat and treasure that these two teams .. 1CGS and TF  have invested into this obvious passion for both teams.. It has been said that this endeavour will not interfere with the future of this version of IL2.. Based on the past 5 years... I am inclined to take Jason and 1CGS at their word.. If anyone cannot do that .. then just do not come to this section of the forum.

Period. 

The bickering, the trolling, the negativity will not be tolerated. Hopefully a heavier hand will not be necessary .. and cooler more mature heads will prevail .. and a year or two from now we will be in CFS Nirvanah.. if that is not the case for some please do not take it personally. If you cannot post here in a positive way then do not post at all. We need to give this thing a chance to grow.. and pissing in the dirt before the thing even sprouts will not help. I hope we do not have to d a lot of banning and editing of threads.. but that will depend entirely on the members who post here. 

• Upvote 7

Yes, what he said. Any word on when the all in one update will be available on steam?

As soon or as close to the signing of the legal document between 1C and TFS.

Good luck with the project. I hope it all goes well. Is Luthier involved with TF simulations at all?

Good luck with the project. I hope it all goes well. Is Luthier involved with TF simulations at all?

Nope