Jason_Williams

Discussion about 1CGS - TF CLOD Cooperation Announcement

Re-release of CloD possible, no point buying it now? 

Same, just ordered the physical collector edition for Christmas... Will be a bit sad if they re-release a collector edition with all updates.

Also, what about collaboration with Daidalos Team allowing :

- Maybe update the game engine (textures, DirectX 10 instead of 9, new OpenGL effects, etc.)

- A forum section here.

- A section on the Il2 website with all patches.

Edited by Nic727
  • Upvote 1

Best news of 2016 right there!!    I had pretty much retired from CloD permanently, but now with a DirectX 11 engine (and therefore possibility of VR), I can't  wait to skim the Channel waters again!  :D

Congratulations to both teams!!

In total astonished dumbstruck agreement!

Oh if TF can delve deeper into the game to start to fix all (Some! A few!) of the broken or abandoned features, wouldn't that be great? Wouldn't it be great if CloD could become more than a big furball fest, with coop built in, triggers that worked...? Oooh, I could write a shopping list!

:ph34r: What if TF could use BoS's mission editor...!! NO MORE SCRIPTS!!!!  :P

Edited by No601_Swallow

Unification under one platform sounds like better idea to me. Like ED is doing with really talented 3rd party studios.

What I read from this announcement is just commercial move. Both groups under one roof working on different engines. Like VW concern. You have Skoda and you have Porsche there. But Skoda is not Porsche.

• Upvote 1

I used TF work on CloD and I was amazed by the obvios passion and decent results! (More than decent actually!)

I really hope this will give CloD the honour it deserves. S!

It's good News for Clodo and the simulation WWII !

Edited by Pollux

Fantastic News! I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw this. This will be a significant revival of combat flight sims...ETO, WTO, PTO, The Med, Korea...and more! Thanks to everyone's hard work and diligence to make this happen.

FANTASTIC NEWS..

as I said on our own website, finally this silly rivalry amongt simmer may end.....

Edited by SvAF/F19_Klunk
  • Upvote 1

Jason Williams you have taken part in the most important and positive development cfs community ever seen and probably ever will see, this truly brings tears in my eye. I really hope now the community can join together

I know! He's like the freaking chosen one or something! It's like it was his destiny...

Wow, that's fine - CloD with performance, flight & engine models corrected, Ju-88 bombing correctly, able gunners, dangerous heavy AA ... :lol:

• Upvote 1

200.gif#124

Seriously awesome news!!  Now if only the Daidalos Team would join the fun :ph34r:

It's still a small and divided player base compared to other genres.

Yes the genre is small, but the force is powerful and huge 

Well, now that's what I call making Christmas even MORE merry!  What a terrific gift to our community.  Way to go, Jason & all others who've been working this behind the scenes for who knows how long (you sneaky rascals! :biggrin: ).  Seeing this news explains a few things I'd been wondering about for a while.

While I've owned CLOD for a long time, I've never played it despite prodding from a few squad mates.  Looks like that's going to be changing now.

Jason, just exactly how many great things can a company do in a limited period of time? You've done the impossible, pleasing arguably the most demanding gaming community and exceeding every possible expectation so far. Congratulations, it's been an incredible year :)

• Upvote 1

senseless decision. But interesting at this time...

if dcs normandy 2.5 map is out, then clod is history.

Dcs Spit 9 is the best what I ever see...

wont buy any content for clod in future. dont need a third fly sim...

For me:

- Il2 BOx for quick an dirty play, for having fast fun
- DCS to know what I fly and understand background on Planes. 

not trolling here...

Edited by RoteDreizehn

I know! He's like the freaking chosen one or something! It's like it was his destiny...

Does that mean Jason will be played by Keanu Reeves in the film version?...

JAAAAAASSSSOOOOOONNN!!!!

THAT is BALLS and VISION to me, Jason. 

What a  potential WIN-WIN in ALL respects to ALL concerned.

Your contribution to our hobby is just breathtaking.

Holy cow. Respect.

Let the good times roll..

This ,to me, is wonderful news !!!! I fly in both sims regularily as a SP and find both have their high points, but working together there more unlimited possibilities.With the new 2.06 here ( including the "lovely" Tante Ju" )& the long awaited ATAG/ TF 5.0 still coming sometime in the New Year ( maybe this partnership will speed it along?) at CloD, well ,its a terrific Christmas already. I look forward to what this partnership might bring...( perhaps ,before too long ....a Hawker Hurricane over Russia??)

Edited by Blitzen

Re-release of CloD possible, no point buying it now? 

As stated in the release here:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23943

3. Within a number of months, TFS releases a new edition of the original game. This will have all the current TF 4.312 'mods', but this time these work-arounds and adaptions will be properly written to the Source Code, and the game will also be upgraded to DX11. In addition, we will provide a number of 'extras' over what is currently in TF 4.312. We can't say what these will be at this point, but we are sure the community will appreciate them. This 'new' game will replace the old one on Steam, and will be a free upgrade to those who already own CLIFFS.

current owners of the game will get the re-release for free!

Edited by JG4_Karaya

Hope for 

Tobii Eye Tracker Support like IL2 Sturmovik Stalingrad

https://tobiigaming.com/games/

Is there a chance for this working in these sim, Il-2 & CloD...Eye Tracker I mean? It would save me buying a VR rig sometime next year...wouldn't it? ;) 

senseless decision. But interesting at this time...

Honouring years of dedicated work of original CloD team , and years of passionate free work/service of Team Fusion.

Not letting Cliffs die and actually pumping a new life into it , prooving that there is understanding that dedicated flight simmers can play more than one sim (who would have known ? ;) ) .

Having confidence in your own work and product so you don't have to destroy 'competition' but can actually support it for greater good of genre and simmers.

All that and quite a lot more , like overcoming sometimes hostile attitude of some CloD fans.

It's a great decision , and I agree with Zoltann , it required some massive cojones from all involved.

Jason , I have respect for you , you are doing a great work for the genre , from Rise of Flight , to IL-2 Sturmovik , and now Cliffs.

I have been critical in the beggining , but over last half a year or so ,  every move you make is prooving me wrong and showing you want same thing for flight sims as I do. It just takes work and a lot of negotiations.

Thanks again.

I believe all sims can live in harmony :) BoS , Cliffs and DCS.

DCS Spit might be great , and Normandy map is long overdue and most welcomed , but it will take time before we see level of online play we see in BoS and Cliffs . Shout out to ACG , I am sure you are celebrating Today :) .

• Upvote 3

Is there a chance for this working in these sim, Il-2 & CloD...Eye Tracker I mean? It would save me buying a VR rig sometime next year...wouldn't it? ;) 

my Tobii EyeX work with IL2_BoS only you need VJoy :(

well said :)

I see your Point

Greets,

Rote

Honouring years of dedicated work of original CloD team , and years of passionate free work/service of Team Fusion.

Not letting Cliffs die and actually pumping a new life into it , prooving that there is understanding that dedicated flight simmers can play more than one sim (who would have known ? ;) ) .

Having confidence in your own work and product so you don't have to destroy 'competition' but can actually support it for greater good of genre and simmers.

All that and quite a lot more , like overcoming sometimes hostile attitude of some CloD fans.

It's a great decision , and I agree with Zoltann , it required some massive cojones from all involved.

Jason , I have respect for you , you are doing a great work for the genre , from Rise of Flight , to IL-2 Sturmovik , and now Cliffs.

I have been critical in the beggining , but over last half a year or so ,  every move you make is prooving me wrong and showing you want same thing for flight sims as I do. It just takes work and a lot of negotiations.

Thanks again.

I believe all sims can live in harmony :) BoS , Cliffs and DCS.

DCS Spit might be great , and Normandy map is long overdue and most welcomed , but it will take time before we see level of online play we see in BoS and Cliffs . Shout out to ACG , I am sure you are celebrating Today :) .

Fantastic news! Even though I would have preferred the integration of Clod into BoS. 

• Upvote 1

Fantastic news! Even though I would have preferred the integration of Clod into BoS. 

I would love that to happen but it is just impossible unless a completely new game engine is created that is able to combine both sets of objects/maps/etc

It's really great news. Perhaps, this decision could be a decisive step on the way to revival an aviasimulation as genre. Personally, I've been waiting for something like this and I'm very happy today!

Pardon for my English :lol:  

It's still a small and divided player base compared to other genres.

My dream would be to have CloD converted to the newer BoS engine, but having the good things it already has (like the click pits) so we can have the entirety of the IL-2 playerbase in the same platform.

Sincerely, I hope your dream will never come true.

CoD is CoD, BOS is BOS, distinguished games, and I hope it stay that way.

CoD with your engine and your flight model, and BOS with yours.

my Tobii EyeX work with IL2_BoS only you need VJoy :(

Vjoy???  A quick look at the VJoy website...so it won't work with a joystick?

Edited by Blitzen

For those giving me kudos, thanks. However, I am not the one making final decisions on this topic so much credit goes to them. I have indeed had a role to play putting it together and I'm happy for that, but I cannot take all credit. Also, I am not a producer for TF now. I still work for 1C-777 only.

My overriding belief is that for the genre to re-bound we need multiple products being made with as much content as possible and each one offering something slightly different driving innovation. As I have said many times, if everyone who bought the original IL-2, bought our product, we'd have enough money to make everything you want. That's not reality though so we need to think outside the box.

And there is no practical way to merge the two engines and teams, so the best answer to the allow each team to pursue their vision and look at the results. The deal that was put together is about as win-win as can be expected.

Jason

• Upvote 11