GSE_schentzer

Just 45 minutes...

...on the Wings of Liberty Server last night:

Got two sweaty hand airkills in the P-40 in one sortie while en route to ground targets. Screwed up a sure fire kill as gunner in the 110E because I forgot the reload key in the heat of battle and crash landed just barely behind friendly lines. Just missed a 190 flying head on through my IL-2s crosshairs. Almost got killed while respawning by a high altitude bombing run on the tarmac. People are actually taxiing to the runway and form spontaneous wings. And the game runs smooth as silk all the way.

I am afraid I have to give this game a solid "awesome" for I didn't have that much fun flying online for a long time.

Now you'll have to excuse me while I get myself an early three-engined christmas present...

• Upvote 8

Must be some kind of bug then as the gun definetly did not reload.

It was a wish I guess. Anyhow I like to have it manually :biggrin:

Of course it was a wish! so it should be an option for those enjoys it!

Of course it was a wish! so it should be an option for those enjoys it!

Creating options for every single conceivable scenario/whim/want is feature-creepy and doesn't really serve to improve existing features, introduce new content or otherwise.

Arcade simplifications like self-reloading weapons don't really add any additional value to the experience.

I completely disagree with you Space Ghost. I play a lot as a gunner, and not having to reload each time helps a lot and make one more mouse bouton usable so for me it add value. 

I completely disagree with you Space Ghost. I play a lot as a gunner, and not having to reload each time helps a lot and make one more mouse bouton usable so for me it add value.

Even Call of Duty and Battlefield require you to reload your magazine. 

Edited by Space_Ghost

I don't think everything in the scope of gameplay is designed to help you or make it easy. It's a slippery slope when you start adding these things...it starts with automatic reload, and then press X to auto-aim at target, to press X to kill everything around your aircraft.

• Upvote 1

Do not worry guys, The dev team seems against gunners simplifications .

For that matter of auto reloading, I could make a program which spam a reload key so problem solved.

Edited by Nil

I could make a program which spam a reload key so problem solved.

If I recall correctly, this won't be a solution as it will reload the moment you fire a round...and the ammo system is such that you cannot recycle used belts/boxes if you've already reloaded them soooo...bye bye gunner ability after 3 rounds.

Just put reload on mousebutton lol. :P

Already done. thank you for the tip.

Put reload on zoom.

That is a very good idea!  Bravo Nunz!

In fact This gave me an another better idea: 

Simply put Reload on Left mouse button. 

I guess that is what you meant Jordan!

To reload you just have to fire! 

Now the problem is solved!

:fly:  :fly:  :fly:

The ability to bound a single key for several functions is very amazing and is one of the best feature of this simulator.

That is why I love this sim!

post-467-0-23548700-1482397761_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nil

So you fire one round-reload-fire one round-reload-fire one round .......click......

No because the gun can not be reloaded if the magazine is not empty! We do not waste bullet in the Luftwaffe , haha!

You should try Bando! it is fun to be gunner sometimes! try with the Pe2 , it is  easy to shoot some 109 with it!

Lol, I always fly as pilot alone. I hate the AI gunner when it does hit me (I'm in a fighter), and I hate the AI when they are in my gunner positions (I'm piloting a multi-crew craft). In the first case they snipe, in the second case I'm lucky if they fire at all and hitting something is too much to ask.